Things That are Racist

Turkish

11 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

I had a quick look at the review.  There was much I didn't understand including "ubuntu". 

https://www.tutufoundationuk.org/about

I wish they'd make these reviews a little clearer for the layman.  I hate racism as much as the next man but it would be nice to have a clearer summary, with links to the racism, rather than sticking up 400 pages of "evidence" much of which looks like any meeting minutes you might happen across at any local council get together.  

https://www.tutufoundationuk.org/projects/westway-trust-review

On 06/12/2020 at 09:52, aintforever said:

The players made it crystal clear what their taking the knee was for, it was nothing to do with defunding the police or any other weird political idea, it was a simple anti-racism message. 

Anyway, BLM Is a protest movement and like any it’s going to have weird groups and extremists associated to it. Just like climate change protests have all sorts of anti capitalist nut jobs tagging along - it does not  mean the main message is wrong. It’s blatantly obvious to anyone with a brain what the players are wanting to get across.

Something about the players making it crystal clear that taking the knee has nothing to do with politics, oh wait. Another aintforver own goal

Middlesbrough the next club who won’t be doing it. Making it clear they are opposed to the politics, how can this be when our anti racist elite told us it wasn’t anything to do with politics?

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Something about the players making it crystal clear that taking the knee has nothing to do with politics, oh wait. Another aintforver own goal

Just proves what I have said all along, that the players are fee to do what they want. It doesn’t matter wether they take the knee or not, there won’t be a big uproar if they choose not too.

Just now, aintforever said:

Just proves what I have said all along, that the players are fee to do what they want. It doesn’t matter wether they take the knee or not, there won’t be a big uproar if they choose not too.

No, you said it was “crystal clear” that the taking of the knee wasn’t political. Clearly you were wrong.

Just now, aintforever said:

So you actually think the players are Marxists who want to defund the police? :lol:

Oh dear, making things up again. Let me spell this out for you as you’re not very bright, that we’ve established. You claimed the players aren’t bothered about the politics, theyre doing it and anti racism gesture. Neil Warnock clearly said the players won’t be doing it by their choice as they don’t agree with the politics behind it. If you don’t understand that then there is no helping you, it can’t be any clearer. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Oh dear, making things up again. Let me spell this out for you as you’re not very bright, that we’ve established. You claimed the players aren’t bothered about the politics, theyre doing it and anti racism gesture. Neil Warnock clearly said the players won’t be doing it by their choice as they don’t agree with the politics behind it. If you don’t understand that then there is no helping you, it can’t be any clearer. 

But most players are doing it so most clearly don’t see it as political. I expect Warnock is just responding to snowflakes like you who are getting all upset over some irrelevant link to some odd obscure group.

Some young lads are trying to do something to stop racism and they are just getting undermined by people like you - bravo, keep up the good work.

22 minutes ago, aintforever said:

But most players are doing it so most clearly don’t see it as political. I expect Warnock is just responding to snowflakes like you who are getting all upset over some irrelevant link to some odd obscure group.

Some young lads are trying to do something to stop racism and they are just getting undermined by people like you - bravo, keep up the good work.

You assured us that everyone was doing it because it wasn’t political, that was “crystal clear” your words, slowly but surely more and more are now coming and saying they don’t agree with it due to its politics. Don’t be upset that yet again you’re wrong, you should be used to it by now.

Edited by Turkish

8 hours ago, aintforever said:

Please could you outline exactly what these young lads are actually doing to stop racism? 

As all I see is them taking a knee - which as an act in itself doesn't actually seem to do anything tangible in the fight against racism. If anything, if this thread and recent news is anything to go by, it's actually causing more division.

I get the whole symbolism of it and sending a message across the world - but let's not hold these young lads up as modern day Martin Luther Kings.

10 hours ago, Turkish said:

Middlesbrough the next club who won’t be doing it. Making it clear they are opposed to the politics, how can this be when our anti racist elite told us it wasn’t anything to do with politics?

Hold on? How can Neil say that taking the knee is political? What a scandal the Boro players agreeing with the thick racists at Millwall. 

Pierre Webo: Istanbul Basaksehir assistant coach says 8 December will be significant date in racism fight - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55278384

"Webo, 38, said the days since have been the "most difficult" of his career.
He added he needed help from a doctor to sleep on the night of the incident.
He told BBC Sport: "In my opinion, 8 December, there is a before and after. It will be remembered.""

Jesus Christ.

9 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Pierre Webo: Istanbul Basaksehir assistant coach says 8 December will be significant date in racism fight - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55278384

He told BBC Sport: "In my opinion, 8 December, there is a before and after. It will be remembered.""

Jesus Christ.

FFS. The black man amongst a group of non black men, gets identified as a black man, and we get this nonsense.

Calling John Barnes as witness for the defence. 

14 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Jesus Christ.

I saw that. Prime example of the narcissism of people like this. He wants to be this generations MLK ffs... 

With Middlesborough, the journo is so surprised that they have formed a different view, you can tell he is on verge of disbelief. How dare they have an independent view on this matter. Obviously Boro have players that can form their own views. Fair play to them.

Edited by Sir Ralph

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

Hold on? How can Neil say that taking the knee is political? What a scandal the Boro players agreeing with the thick racists at Millwall. 

Obviously Warnock needs to read this forum as the geniuses on here will or him right, they know better than him what all the players are doing or something 

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Obviously Warnock needs to read this forum as the geniuses on here will or him right, they know better than him what all the players are doing or something 

How dare britt assombalonga display his internalised racism so publically. Imagine suggesting that black lives matter is in some way linked with Black Lives Matter. Someone needs to have a quiet word and tell him that he needs to just keep his head down and take a knee. 

In all seriousness though, it's obvious that more clubs will start dropping it now or distancing themselves from black lives matter because they will be scared about the crowd reactions once everyone is back. The only reason they've got away with it for so long is because there have been empty stadiums so they can push their woke gestures unopposed and pretend that everyone supported it. 

3 hours ago, SFC1906 said:

Please could you outline exactly what these young lads are actually doing to stop racism? 

As all I see is them taking a knee - which as an act in itself doesn't actually seem to do anything tangible in the fight against racism. If anything, if this thread and recent news is anything to go by, it's actually causing more division.

I get the whole symbolism of it and sending a message across the world - but let's not hold these young lads up as modern day Martin Luther Kings.

As you say, they are using their platform to send out a message, not sure what else you expect them to do.

We all know the link between taking the knee and Black Lives Matter, and that their are some groups within that movement who have some odd and extreme ideas on how to achieve their aims. But their ideas are bizarre and they are an irrelevance and certainly shouldn’t be used as a way to undermine what is essentially a good message.

No one want to defund the police, I don’t, the players don’t - it’s never going to happen. I don’t know why people are so hung up on it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

Jesus Christ.

It sounds like he was upset because he was called a black guy rather than by his name so bit of a non event then , a bit of a nothing investigation followed by face saving statement in 2021 .....

12 minutes ago, aintforever said:

As you say, they are using their platform to send out a message, not sure what else you expect them to do.

We all know the link between taking the knee and Black Lives Matter, and that their are some groups within that movement who have some odd and extreme ideas on how to achieve their aims. But their ideas are bizarre and they are an irrelevance and certainly shouldn’t be used as a way to undermine what is essentially a good message.

No one want to defund the police, I don’t, the players don’t - it’s never going to happen. I don’t know why people are so hung up on it.

I don't expect them to do anything else. And I equally don't actually think they are doing anything that will in any way stop racism.

You stated that 'Some young lads are trying to do something to stop racism' - I merely asked you what it was that you think they are doing to achieve that i.e tangible, real things that will actually make a difference.

I am genuinely not looking for an argument.

But I personally don't think taking the knee every game is actually helping to stop racism in the slightest - others like yourself do so I am genuinely interested in why you think that. 

My personal opinion is more in line with Les Ferdinand in that the taking of the knee prior to all Premier League games was a powerful, united message seen all across the world and made it clear to anyone that the players were all in it together and racism will not be tolerated. Brilliant message that I fully support - but not ad infinitum.

It's lost that powerful message, and real change will only be achieved by actually doing something tangible about it like what they are doing at QPR with their community projects, promotion of BAME coaches/club management etc.

In my opinion taking the knee every game has lost it's impact, literally achieves nothing, and is actually fueling racist behaviour as has been demonstrated at Millwall.

2 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

How dare britt assombalonga display his internalised racism so publically. Imagine suggesting that black lives matter is in some way linked with Black Lives Matter. Someone needs to have a quiet word and tell him that he needs to just keep his head down and take a knee. 

In all seriousness though, it's obvious that more clubs will start dropping it now or distancing themselves from black lives matter because they will be scared about the crowd reactions once everyone is back. The only reason they've got away with it for so long is because there have been empty stadiums so they can push their woke gestures unopposed and pretend that everyone supported it. 

Yep. Millwall have responded perfectly. Dropped the knee, dropped the BLM bullshit and got behind something no one can argue with. 

credit to the club and fans. 

• Like 2

Jesus Christ.

Stuff like this may draw sympathy and outrage from the world of broadcasting and social media but for the rest of the population it’s getting a bit ‘boy who cried wolf’. It’ll backfire next time we have a properly unpleasant episode, like the England game in Montenegro last year. People will just not care, because they see hysteria like this every week and they’ve become desensitised, which other people will take as ‘evidence’ of systemic, ingrained racism. This will lead to more trivial incidents being sensationalised and described as abhorrent and horrific, which just leads to a vicious cycle whereby some members of society become more and more offended, whilst the rest care less and less.

Jesus Christ.

Bet the official now wishes he just said that bald c*nt over there.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, aintforever said:

Mate it’s absolutely laughable you keep this charade up as we all know when you had the chance to actually do something yourself you bottled it and put your own selfish interests ahead of your pious moral crusade. If applauding other people along from the sidelines makes you feel a better person you crack on but as others have said only real action, not token gestures, will change anything. Something you’ve demonstrated an inability to do. I’ll pass on the offer of your pants though, as the smell of sh1t would knock me out given that’s what you do when you actually have to act on your faux convictions 

1 hour ago, SFC1906 said:

I don't expect them to do anything else. And I equally don't actually think they are doing anything that will in any way stop racism.

You stated that 'Some young lads are trying to do something to stop racism' - I merely asked you what it was that you think they are doing to achieve that i.e tangible, real things that will actually make a difference.

I am genuinely not looking for an argument.

But I personally don't think taking the knee every game is actually helping to stop racism in the slightest - others like yourself do so I am genuinely interested in why you think that. 

My personal opinion is more in line with Les Ferdinand in that the taking of the knee prior to all Premier League games was a powerful, united message seen all across the world and made it clear to anyone that the players were all in it together and racism will not be tolerated. Brilliant message that I fully support - but not ad infinitum.

It's lost that powerful message, and real change will only be achieved by actually doing something tangible about it like what they are doing at QPR with their community projects, promotion of BAME coaches/club management etc.

In my opinion taking the knee every game has lost it's impact, literally achieves nothing, and is actually fueling racist behaviour as has been demonstrated at Millwall.

I don’t think it will achieve much to be honest, but it’s impossible to tell either way. I just think it’s a harmless gesture and the politics of some of the people involved within the BLM is an irrelevance. The message the players are trying to get across is obvious and an absolute good.

20 hours ago, aintforever said:

I don’t think it will achieve much to be honest, but it’s impossible to tell either way. I just think it’s a harmless gesture and the politics of some of the people involved within the BLM is an irrelevance. The message the players are trying to get across is obvious and an absolute good.

When it started it sent a strong message, but with all of these things, the message gets diluted over time and distorted by those with different agendas. It is time for a stronger gesture. Just walk off the pitch if it happens. That way, decent people will soon turn on these racist scumbags and hopefully they will get the message that they are not wanted anywhere near a football ground.

4 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

When it started it sent a strong message, but with all of these things, the message gets diluted over time and distorted by those with different agendas. It is time for a stronger gesture. Just walk off the pitch if it happens. That way, decent people will soon turn on these racist scumbags and hopefully they will get the message that they are not wanted anywhere near a football ground.

Pathetic. Should Rudiger have walked of at White Hart Lane?

15 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Both teams should walk off if there is any racial abuse, not just one player. If the game stops fans will soon root out those causing the problems.

Yep, you're right. That sounds exactly like your logical, clear thinking football fan that's downed six pints before the match. Those guys are always really understanding and will no doubt have the root cause of the problem sorted in next to no time.

47 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Both teams should walk off if there is any racial abuse, not just one player. If the game stops fans will soon root out those causing the problems.

bless Soggy if only it was that simple. 

What about if the incident, like the Rudiger incident has no proof? let’s say cynically a player hears racial abuse when his team is losing and gets the match abandoned. We could have players walking off every week when they’re losing after they “mistakenly” confuse boos for monkey noises for example

What is the definition of racial abuse? Where the players right for example to walk off this week as a black guy was called a black guy? Who decides what the definition  is? What about the language issue where a word might be racist one on language but not in another. 

As unpopular as this might be you can’t just give players carte Blanche to walk off the pitch as players could Think they hear it every week when in reality they dont

Edited by Turkish

And having been going to games home and away been years since heard any racist abuse. It has improved no end and at no point whatsoever has there been any situation in England that warrants a walk off. Bananas thrown at Fratton Park for Reuben Agboola but even those cunts have become slightly more civilised over the years

15 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Rudiger, Clattenberg and the incident involving JRod, all 3 alleged incidents but weren’t. Soggy would have abandoned all 3 games, what a clown. 

Perhaps you are just more tolerant of racism than normal, decent people? What has been done so far to stop these morons from abusing people that has been effective. As I am sure you are aware, this has been going on for decades and it is time something was done that actually makes a difference. What are your suggestions? Or doesn’t it bother you that much?

16 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Yep, you're right. That sounds exactly like your logical, clear thinking football fan that's downed six pints before the match. Those guys are always really understanding and will no doubt have the root cause of the problem sorted in next to no time.

Do you think people standing around them won’t let them know about their behaviour if the match ends prematurely? Don’t you think that at some point, even drunken morons will realise that their behaviour isn’t being tolerated? It has to stop, do you agree? What do you suggest we do to stop it?

Edited by sadoldgit
Spelling

5 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Perhaps you are just more tolerant of racism than normal, decent people? What has been done so far to stop these morons from abusing people that has been effective. As I am sure you are aware, this has been going on for decades and it is time something was done that actually makes a difference. What are your suggestions? Or doesn’t it bother you that much?

When was the last time you saw a banana thrown onto the pitch or monkey noises made at a player?

5 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

I’ve actually reported racist abuse at St Mary’s, so I won’t take lectures from an anti white racist like you. 

To repeat, do you think the players should have walked off when Clattenberg   and JRod were accused of racism. 

On a slightly different note, given we are talking about 'oppression'

I read this morning that both Manchester United and Liverpool do not promote their 'rainbow laces' and pro-LGBTQ+ campaigns on their Arabic and Indonesian social media accounts. Apparently, doing so will do "more harm than good"

All very weird!

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

On a slightly different note, given we are talking about 'oppression'

I read this morning that both Manchester United and Liverpool do not promote their 'rainbow laces' and pro-LGBTQ+ campaigns on their Arabic and Indonesian social media accounts. Apparently, doing so will do "more harm than good"

All very weird!

It's not really weird. It's a standard large corporate company whose main concern is money not morals. Why would they want to upset those huge markets? 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Things That are Racist