Coronavirus

whelk

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

Okay, I’ll rephrase; whatever Boris may or may not be thinking (which is pointless debating because none of us are Clinton Baptiste) he has arrived at the conclusion, either by luck or judgement, which you personally believe to be correct?

As long as it’s based on the science. I’m not an epidemiologist or medical expert, neither are you.

4 minutes ago, aintforever said:

As long as it’s based on the science. I’m not an epidemiologist or medical expert, neither are you.

This isn’t hard. you’re “happy for restrictions to be lifted” and “you agree we should get back to normal” 

so do you agree with the decision? yes or no will do. You don’t need to be a medical expert to hold an opinion on it.

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

This isn’t hard. you’re “happy for restrictions to be lifted” and “you agree we should get back to normal” 

so do you agree with the decision? yes or no will do. You don’t need to be a medical expert to hold an opinion on it.

I’ve already said I agree with it as long as it’s based on the science. Do you have trouble reading or something?

1 minute ago, aintforever said:

I’ve already said I agree with it as long as it’s based on the science. Do you have trouble reading or something?

But you said we don’t know if it’s based on the science and none of us are medical experts. So with the information available to us, what’s your opinion?

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

But you said we don’t know if it’s based on the science and none of us are medical experts. So with the information available to us, what’s your opinion?

I don’t really see the logic in ending free testing, could put some vulnerable people at unnecessary risk. 

2 minutes ago, aintforever said:

I don’t really see the logic in ending free testing, could put some vulnerable people at unnecessary risk. 

The question was, in your opinion, with the evidence available to you right now, do you think it’s the right time to end restrictions? No one mentioned ending free testing. 

Edited by Turkish

4 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Brilliant! First a video clip, now funny nicknames. Cracking stuff from the Turkish Kindergarten.

I’ll give you a link as well to complete the set 

https://www.fluentland.com/how-to-give-opinion-in-english/

We know it’s something you struggle with so happy to support your personal development. #heretohelp 

25 minutes ago, aintforever said:

That’s part of his living with Covid plan.

Just jumped on this thread. You're making a proper fool of yourself here mate. It's a yes or no question. Just say yes, and everyone can call it a night. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, aintforever said:

How?

Surely the risk would be from ending isolation for those testing positive (which, incidentally you've already agreed is the right thing to do if it is 'based on science') rather than ending free testing?

8 hours ago, egg said:

Just jumped on this thread. You're making a proper fool of yourself here mate. It's a yes or no question. Just say yes, and everyone can call it a night. 

I've already said I'm happy for restrictions to be lifted, it's fantastic to be back to normal and looks like the right decision. I just don't trust Johnson, I thought I have made that perfectly clear.

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

How?

Surely the risk would be from ending isolation for those testing positive (which, incidentally you've already agreed is the right thing to do if it is 'based on science') rather than ending free testing?

Mainly because if you know someone who is particularly vulnerable it makes sense to take a test before you go and see them, especially if you have symptoms. Seems like a pretty useful tool to keep those most at risk a bit safer. 

Edited by aintforever
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, aintforever said:

I've already said I'm happy for restrictions to be lifted, it's fantastic to be back to normal and looks like the right decision. I just don't trust Johnson, I thought I have made that perfectly clear.

So you agree with his decision, based on the evidence available to us. Well done young man, you see you can do it!!! 👏

16 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Mainly because if you know someone who is particularly vulnerable, it makes sense to take a test before you go and see them, especially if you have symptoms. Seems like a pretty useful tool to keep those most at risk a bit safer. 

How about you use a bit of common sense and if you've got symptoms dont go and see them, you know, like you wouldn't do if you had flu.

31 minutes ago, aintforever said:

So a yes. Good to hear. 

10 minutes ago, Turkish said:

How about you use a bit of common sense and if you've got symptoms dont go and see them, you know, like you wouldn't do if you had flu.

It's not me I'm worried about, there are plenty of people out here without common sense.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/11953106/idiots-jump-200ft-durdle-door-seriously-injured-beachgoers-flock/

It's not me I'm worried about, there are plenty of people out here without common sense.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/11953106/idiots-jump-200ft-durdle-door-seriously-injured-beachgoers-flock/

So you're worrying about someone you dont know, going to see someone else you dont know because another person you dont know jumped off Durdle Door two years ago 🤣

As a great man once said, control the controllable.

I'm so glad you are satisfied with my answer Egg man, if you actually read my answers I expect you would have managed to work it out for yourself though.

Err, you were banging on about it being happy with it as long as it's based on science, then said none of us know if it's based on the science. As ever you've tied yourself up in knots trying to be smart. It really doesn't suit you. 

5 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Err, you were banging on about it being happy with it as long as it's based on science, then said none of us know if it's based on the science. As ever you've tied yourself up in knots trying to be smart. It really doesn't suit you. 

It's called a caveat dip shit, used because the person making the decisions is a compulsive liar desperately trying to stay in his job. 

6 minutes ago, aintforever said:

It's called a caveat dip shit, used because the person making the decisions is a compulsive liar desperately trying to stay in his job. 

Yet you admitted you didn't know the answer to your caveat, hence why you were asked what your view was based on the information available. Had to be spelt out for you didn't it. You know it's interesting that no one trusts Johnson, everyone knows what he's like but no one else was incapable of giving an opinion. Just like Soggy so eaten up with bitterness you cant bare to even admit Johnson has done something right, even when you agree with it

35 minutes ago, aintforever said:

I'm so glad you are satisfied with my answer Egg man, if you actually read my answers I expect you would have managed to work it out for yourself though.

Nope, your answers were a load of inconsistent waffle. Yes or no questions only need a yes or no answer. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, egg said:

Nope, your answers were a load of inconsistent waffle. Yes or no questions only need a yes or no answer. 

It’s not been inconsistent at all. I agree that restrictions need to be lifted and am more than happy it is happening now as on the surface it appears to be the right ting to do. But I am not qualified to know what the effects will be on the numbers of hospitalisations or deaths or how the virus behaves going forward - that is something we have experts for.

If we had a PM who wasn’t a compulsive liar desperately clinging onto power I wouldn’t be so cynical about the timing.

So we're all agreed;

• It seems like the correct decision based on the information we have now.
  • Nobody is enamoured with Boris and the Tories' shenanigans during lock-downs
  • There's no reason to think it influenced this decision and that a different one would have been made without the parties becoming public knowledge.
  • aintforever doesn't like Boris, as he's well entitled not to, but it has nothing to do with what's been announced this week.

Let's move on shall we.

3 hours ago, aintforever said:

It’s not been inconsistent at all. I agree that restrictions need to be lifted and am more than happy it is happening now as on the surface it appears to be the right ting to do. But I am not qualified to know what the effects will be on the numbers of hospitalisations or deaths or how the virus behaves going forward - that is something we have experts for.

If we had a PM who wasn’t a compulsive liar desperately clinging onto power I wouldn’t be so cynical about the timing.

Interesting is it, that when other people questioned some things going on due to the timing of events earlier on in the pandemic, suggesting it might be used by the PM as a deflection tactic,  you were all over it with your laughing face emojis, "its not rocket science" tag line and telling everyone how thick they are. Now it's you questioning the timing because you dont like the prime minister it's a totally different story, you expect everyone to take your inconsistent, dopey ramblings seriously, funny that.

Edited by Turkish

24 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Interesting is it, that when other people questioned some things going on due to the timing of events earlier on in the pandemic, suggesting it might be used by the PM as a deflection tactic,  you were all over it with your laughing face emojis, "its not rocket science" tag line and telling everyone how thick they are. Now it's you questioning the timing because you dont like the prime minister it's a totally different story, you expect everyone to take your inconsistent, dopey ramblings seriously, funny that.

I hated Bozo just as much when I was sticking up for him over your bizarre ideas. Bringing forward a few bits of minor legislation is a bit different to inventing a new variant.

7 hours ago, aintforever said:

Mainly because if you know someone who is particularly vulnerable it makes sense to take a test before you go and see them, especially if you have symptoms. Seems like a pretty useful tool to keep those most at risk a bit safer. 

What the fuck are you babbling on about?

In what way has the intention to scrap free tests stopped you (or anyone else) from taking a test if you are going to visit someone you know, who is particularly vulnerable, whether you have symptoms or not?

Free tests have been scrapped, not tests altogether.

You can crack on with testing until the cows come home, you'll just have to pay money to buy the tests.  Now, I know you won't be against the idea of paying for tests, you've mansplained plenty of times over the past 2 and a bit years that you'd be happy to pay higher taxes to cover the furlough scheme, so £20 for a box of tests is a bargain isn't it?

Not rocket science is it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

What the fuck are you babbling on about?

In what way has the intention to scrap free tests stopped you (or anyone else) from taking a test if you are going to visit someone you know, who is particularly vulnerable, whether you have symptoms or not?

Free tests have been scrapped, not tests altogether.

You can crack on with testing until the cows come home, you'll just have to pay money to buy the tests.  Now, I know you won't be against the idea of paying for tests, you've mansplained plenty of times over the past 2 and a bit years that you'd be happy to pay higher taxes to cover the furlough scheme, so £20 for a box of tests is a bargain isn't it?

Not rocket science is it?

Clearly it is rocket science to you. Scrapping free tests is bound to mean less people test, especially the less well off who tend to be more exposed to the virus. I’m not talking about me, just the population in general, some people will be going to work or other gatherings with symptoms where previously they would do a quick test and maybe stay at home.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Clearly it is rocket science to you. Scrapping free tests is bound to mean less people test, especially the less well off who tend to be more exposed to the virus. I’m not talking about me, just the population in general, some people will be going to work or other gatherings with symptoms where previously they would do a quick test and maybe stay at home.

Make your mind up.

Earlier it was going to put the 'particularly vulnerable' at risk.  Now you're worried about people going to work and parties with symptoms :mcinnes:

No one is insisting that people who have symptoms should still go to foam parties and prayer meetings.  Do you really have no faith that the overwhelming majority of the public have the common sense to stay at home when they are ill?  

141.4 million sick days in the UK in 2018 would suggest that quite a lot of people don't do the things you seem to be shitting yourself about when they are ill...

You're all over the place on this.

3 hours ago, Jessinkalasin said:

Terrorism dominates the news for years, along comes covid....no more terrorism. Covid dominates, along comes Putin, covid is gone from our screens. Anyone would think it was all diversion and distraction tactics. 

Another tin foil hat wearer?

• Like 1

Terrorism dominates the news for years, along comes covid....no more terrorism. Covid dominates, along comes Putin, covid is gone from our screens. Anyone would think it was all diversion and distraction tactics. 

Now if you really wanted to fuel the conspiracy theories, you would have pointed out that Putin waited until BoJo had lifted all restrictions before invading Ukraine.

My, grandma, what big eyes you have. 🙄

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Now if you really wanted to fuel the conspiracy theories, you would have pointed out that Putin waited until BoJo had lifted all restrictions before invading Ukraine.

This is all part of the plan. They said this time last year they restrictions may last until spring 2022, end of February 2022 and bingo, almost to the day. How accurate given other times they’ve been scaremongering about new variants and living with covid. Meanwhile Putin has a year to build his army up on Ukrainian borders just in time for covid to be over. Sure it’s just a coincidence of course. 

4 hours ago, Jessinkalasin said:

Conspiracy theories aside, I've always found it vaguely intriguing that major news events rarely seem to coincide or overlap with eachother, be it natural disasters or mankind generated events. Obviously just coincidental and probably some false memory at play too. I obviously don't wish this to happen, and a somewhat morbid line of thought I admit, but I wonder how news stations would cope/adapt if, for example, the Queen was to pass away today? 

2 minutes ago, trousers said:

Conspiracy theories aside, I've always found it vaguely intriguing that major news events rarely seem to coincide or overlap with eachother, be it natural disasters or mankind generated events. Obviously just coincidental and probably some false memory at play too. I obviously don't wish this to happen, and a somewhat morbid line of thought I admit, but I wonder how news stations would cope/adapt if, for example, the Queen was to pass away today? 

That’s scheduled for October 2024 mate so don’t worry