Coronavirus

whelk

On 27/02/2022 at 06:22, Jessinkalasin said:

Terrorism dominates the news for years, along comes covid....no more terrorism. Covid dominates, along comes Putin, covid is gone from our screens. Anyone would think it was all diversion and distraction tactics. 

Gone from our screens? The BBC still reports daily on Covid.

1 hour ago, Jessinkalasin said:

See, you can answer things when you try. BBC world don't talk about Covid at all now. It is 24.7 Ukraine.

So the Ukraine invasion/Covid is a UK conspired thing? Here in Australia the news is a bit of flooding/covid/ukraine/car goes through a house in a random suburb.

1 hour ago, skintsaint said:

So the Ukraine invasion/Covid is a UK conspired thing? Here in Australia the news is a bit of flooding/covid/ukraine/car goes through a house in a random suburb.

Not sure about it being a conspiracy, but it is defo typical deflection and distraction tactics. I see the media also doing their usual fear mongering with old pictures being reused to act as if it is this current invasion. Don't know how to post pictures on here but they used one a couple of days ago of tanks in the street which was from 2016. Why do they do this. What's the point. 

17 minutes ago, Jessinkalasin said:

Not sure about it being a conspiracy, but it is defo typical deflection and distraction tactics. I see the media also doing their usual fear mongering with old pictures being reused to act as if it is this current invasion. Don't know how to post pictures on here but they used one a couple of days ago of tanks in the street which was from 2016. Why do they do this. What's the point

To show people what tanks in a street look like?

Using an old 'stock photo' is probably safer than going to an active combat area and taking a 'live' picture isn't it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jessinkalasin said:

See, you can answer things when you try. BBC world don't talk about Covid at all now. It is 24.7 Ukraine.

The BBC this morning are reporting on Ukraine but also the floods in Australia, train fares, the London Underground industrial action and Southend on Sea being granted city status later today.

But you've got me thinking, is any of that stuff, like, even happening at all? Really makes you, like, think and that.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, redstamp said:

State of emergency extended until July - having to have a mandatory covid booster or you lose your job -  It really isn’t fine is it? 

Then have the booster. 

• Like 1

On 01/03/2022 at 07:28, CB Fry said:

The BBC this morning are reporting on Ukraine but also the floods in Australia, train fares, the London Underground industrial action and Southend on Sea being granted city status later today.

But you've got me thinking, is any of that stuff, like, even happening at all? Really makes you, like, think and that.

Southend on sea being given city status, they saw you coming mate, some of you lot are so gullible, they’re laughing at you 

7 hours ago, redstamp said:

State of emergency extended until July - having to have a mandatory covid booster or you lose your job -  It really isn’t fine is it? 

Yep. Fun fact - my partner works in the public health system and she has to have a flu jab every year as its written into her contract. Never heard people complaining about that in the last 10 + years.

Edited by skintsaint

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, scally said:

Sigh. Those Pfizer statements and bog standard for talking about the future propsects for the business and highlighting any potential issues which might affect profitability and therefore share price.  No-one knows what will happen in the future so you highlight any risks. Thats claim culture for you.  

2 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Well, the chatter is referring to Pfizer’s own documentation that was released yesterday.

Well if Beverley Turner, Right Said Fred AND Dr Robert Malone are all tweeting about it, it must be true. You have to say, Pfizer have really dropped the ball there; publishing their entire conspiracy in a public document for the world to read. It’s like those actors in the Macbeth episode of Blackadder.

• Like 2

I haven't seen this 'chatter' that's being referred to, but late me take a wild guess here...

A few fearless, freedom defending, "do your own research" types (like Le Tiss), who claim to be experts on infectious diseases and vaccines but are actually nothing of the sort, have picked out a few key sentences from the Pfizer documents and twisted them willdly out of context to make it look like they prove it was all a massive conspiracy, but are in fact just innocuous statements that don't mean what these people think they mean.

Am I close?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sheaf Saint said:

I haven't seen this 'chatter' that's being referred to, but late me take a wild guess here...

A few fearless, freedom defending, "do your own research" types (like Le Tiss), who claim to be experts on infectious diseases and vaccines but are actually nothing of the sort, have picked out a few key sentences from the Pfizer documents and twisted them willdly out of context to make it look like they prove it was all a massive conspiracy, but are in fact just innocuous statements that don't mean what these people think they mean.

Am I close?

Curb Your Enthusiasm Bingo GIF by Jason Clarke

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, whelk said:

Are we all up for the monkeypox lockdown?

Seems extremely unlikely that even a mutated variant of monkeypox would have anywhere near the same level of asymptomatic transmission as Covid to make it a big enough threat to the population that a lockdown would be required.

Best defence right now is to raise awareness and stop it from being unknowingly spread by people assuming the symptoms are due to something else.

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, StDunko said:

So the frantic rowing back from the claim that the vaccine was going to kill us all has started then.

15% of the population will die. Just wait and see. Just the 10m funerals.

Any day now.

• 2 weeks later...

With how easily the new dominant variant of Omicron is spreading, even thought it's still a mild form of Covid, it can still be serious for a small percentage of people, and unfortuantely that small percentage looks likely to end up still being a large number of people. If nothing else that'll put a further strain on the NHS that it really doesn't need right now.

We're all painfully aware of the steps that can be taken to reduce risk. Wash hands, wear masks, take Covid tests, avoid crowded spaces, reduce unnecessary travel on public transport, etc. etc.

It'll be down to everyone's own situation and conscience as to the level of risk they're comfortable with, so all I'll say is don't just completely ignore the risk. It's back to a level where you should take some time to think about it and consider. I guess by reading this you've already done that!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jimmy_D said:

With how easily the new dominant variant of Omicron is spreading, even thought it's still a mild form of Covid, it can still be serious for a small percentage of people, and unfortuantely that small percentage looks likely to end up still being a large number of people. If nothing else that'll put a further strain on the NHS that it really doesn't need right now.

We're all painfully aware of the steps that can be taken to reduce risk. Wash hands, wear masks, take Covid tests, avoid crowded spaces, reduce unnecessary travel on public transport, etc. etc.

It'll be down to everyone's own situation and conscience as to the level of risk they're comfortable with, so all I'll say is don't just completely ignore the risk. It's back to a level where you should take some time to think about it and consider. I guess by reading this you've already done that!

It's everywhere at the moment. Everyone I know getting it a 2nd or 3rd time are much more unwell than they were 1st time around. That's after the vaccines and the antibodies from previous infection. I know a couple of people needing paramedic assistance who were able to shrug it off as 'a cold' 1st time around. Not sure why that it is but the next few months will be interesting. 

3 hours ago, egg said:

It's everywhere at the moment. Everyone I know getting it a 2nd or 3rd time are much more unwell than they were 1st time around. That's after the vaccines and the antibodies from previous infection. I know a couple of people needing paramedic assistance who were able to shrug it off as 'a cold' 1st time around. Not sure why that it is but the next few months will be interesting. 

I had it three weeks ago for the third time (daughter works part time in a care home and partner is a medic so its bug central in this house). Third time was definitely worse, especially in duration, than when I had it the first time with only one jab.  

Edited by buctootim

12 hours ago, egg said:

Probably because the current spate of cases are due to the BA4 and 5 sub-variants, the science bods say previous infection and vaccinations don't have much effect on those. Another "present" from South  Africa apparently.  

2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Thankfully, the vast majority of the country have been vaccinated, so no real issue to worry about..........right?

The vast majority will experience mild symptoms, partly as a result of the vaccine, but the cause of the spike in cases that’s beginning is a new sub-variant of Omicron that’s largely escaped the vaccine in terms of transmission.

It’s still dangerous to a small percentage of those it infects, and is likely going to cause an extremely high number of infections.

Once again the combination of relatively low risk to an individual and high transmissibility is going to lead to a big impact on the NHS.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jimmy_D said:

The vast majority will experience mild symptoms, partly as a result of the vaccine, but the cause of the spike in cases that’s beginning is a new sub-variant of Omicron that’s largely escaped the vaccine in terms of transmission.

It’s still dangerous to a small percentage of those it infects, and is likely going to cause an extremely high number of infections.

Once again the combination of relatively low risk to an individual and high transmissibility is going to lead to a big impact on the NHS.

Better lockdown asap 

12 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Thankfully, the vast majority of the country have been vaccinated, so no real issue to worry about..........right?

You do understand genetic variation and mutation ? Why do you think there is an annual Flu vaccine ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

You do understand genetic variation and mutation ? Why do you think there is an annual Flu vaccine ?

this is nothing like Flu....remember

Anyway, have a nice day and dont forget to smile!

image.thumb.png.7064330b5a383ac66928e96f5ba97690.png

Edited by AlexLaw76

12 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

Are you being deliberately obtuse, or are you really this thick ?

😂

The circle of bollox will start around September.  The 'warnings' we are seeing now is merely the warmup act.

I reckon by October, we will be hearing loud calls for people to be given more money to sit at home to do very little.

Thankfully, I doubt the country has the appetite to endure more restrictions/another lockdown of any description, with cake/curry gate giving us all reasons to ignore any 'guidance' as we see fit!

At least we might have the World Cup.

I actually would like them to decree a lockdown just to see the fuck you response of public who are going to absolutely not follow what this shower of phoneys ask for. What you get when you are lead by deceitful cunts. 

Edited by whelk
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...