Coronavirus

whelk

9 hours ago, Saint_clark said:

The biggest claim I remember from those who thought Covid was a conspiracy was that we were willingly giving away our rights and that the government would keep us in lockdown forever, not giving up those special emergency powers they had. That proved to be a load of nonsense without even looking at anything else. 

Yep, it should also be noted that whilst lockdowns were an unprecedented move by governments, pretty much every government across the world came to the conclusion that they were the best solution and these were left wing, right wing, centre, they all agreed and all the scientists all agreed. 

Now of course I am sure some whacky conspiracy theorists will claim that is evidence of some sort of worldwide cabal pulling the strings, the simple reality is that the world can barely ever agree on anything and left and right within many countries never agreed on anything, but the vast majority of nations in the world all came to the same conclusion.

The only real different path iirc were Sweden, who then regretted it and I think went to lockdowns later and the only major loud pushback (aside from the conspiracists) came from the crazy libertarian wing of the Republican party, who are fringe politics 101 pretty much and their policies on most things will end up causing harm and carelessness to people.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

For a couple of years we had nothing but all to wall coverage of debates and news reports on a variety of issues including but not limited to;

• the health risks posed by the virus and who was most at risk
  • the potential implications of new variants, their transmissibility and effect n society
  • the availability and effectiveness of vaccines as and when they were roles out.
  • The priority and efficiency of the vaccine programme.
  • The people who refused to be vaccinated and the associated risks to society
  • The effectiveness of lockdowns, face masks, social distancing and other non-medical preventative measures.
  • Politicians breaking their own rules and things they had said which were misleading or incorrect.
  • The balance of risk between the virus, missing appointments for other diseases, mental health etc.
  • The effect on the economy from being off work, WFH and the industries worst affected.

The pros and cons of all of this and much, much more were debated ad-nauseam but you clearly lacked the will or capability to listen. The simple reason being that people like yourself and Tiss don’t really want reasoned, open, informed debate. You want a smoking gun, a shocking revelation that the whole thing was being orchestrated by some Machiavellian super villain in a Transylvanian castle who wants to enslave the world with a gene-altering vaccine in response to a fictitious virus. Get a life.

and you wanted more lockdowns because you enjoyed getting the free money, so dont try and dress it up like you wanted reasoned debate and are better informed than those that didnt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

and you wanted more lockdowns because you enjoyed getting the free money, so dont try and dress it up like you wanted reasoned debate and are better informed than those that didnt

I bet he was creaming it when Omircon was on the way

image.png.1a334fde962be8d09dc30c7b448b5776.png

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I bet he was creaming it when Omircon was on the way

image.png.1a334fde962be8d09dc30c7b448b5776.png

For someone who believes he is a big hitter on social media, how come you ended up feeding the people running the U boats rather than helping to run  them yourself? What a waste of someone with your massive insight and ability to scour the internet for just the right take down for any given situation. Perhaps MI6 could use your skills to try and topple Putin via social media? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sadoldgit said:

For someone who believes he is a big hitter on social media, how come you ended up feeding the people running the U boats rather than helping to run  them yourself? What a waste of someone with your massive insight and ability to scour the internet for just the right take down for any given situation. Perhaps MI6 could use your skills to try and topple Putin via social media? 

my god. The state of this

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Turkish said:

3 years ago today we all went into lockdown. 

That first lockdown is just etched in my memory. Wife diagnosed with cancer the Saturday after the lockdown, life saving surgery for her on the Monday. Lost mum over the Easter weekend. Can't quite compute that was three years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

25 minutes ago, whelk said:

https://news.sky.com/story/21bn-of-taxpayer-money-lost-in-fraud-by-government-since-pandemic-began-says-spending-watchdog-12845271

fuck there is a magic money tree after all. Imagine the Daily Mail if lost on Labour’s watch?

Yet they are oh so quick to send out recovery letters for slight overpayments of pension and benefits when somebody dies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

Our youngest son is a tax accountant and many of the small businesses his company deals with are complaining when told their Covid Support LOANS have to be paid back.

There were some very grey/vague areas when the BBLs were dished out with regards to the wording of the loan and eligibility. 

but you have to be thick as mince meat to take it and not realise it needs to be paid back. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Raging Bull said:

There were some very grey/vague areas when the BBLs were dished out with regards to the wording of the loan and eligibility. 

but you have to be thick as mince meat to take it and not realise it needs to be paid back. 

I thought they were pretty clear about it having to be paid back. There were a lot of companies taking the piss with furlough as well. Lots of places put people in furlough straight away as soon as it was announced and kept their employees working. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

I thought they were pretty clear about it having to be paid back. There were a lot of companies taking the piss with furlough as well. Lots of places put people in furlough straight away as soon as it was announced and kept their employees working. 

Which is flat out fraud! And we’re now paying for it! 

My accountant tells me they’re going after as many as they can, but there’s no way everyone who did this will get caught 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Raging Bull said:

Which is flat out fraud! And we’re now paying for it! 

My accountant tells me they’re going after as many as they can, but there’s no way everyone who did this will get caught 

yeah my mate is an accountant said the same, there will be a threshold i guess as it'll probably cost too much to go into every single company but some really did take the piss.

I do a tax return every year and last year despite being PAYE and doing a return every year for about 10 years i got looked into, i initially got a letter saying i was getting a £1500 rebate but then another letter saying they had looked into my previous records and found i have under paid and i owed them £88. Robbing bastards

It seems to me, just thought talking to friends etc, that most companies took the piss with the furlough thing, it was so easy to put people on furlough and just get them working from home. Some of my mates are business owners and they all ripped the arse out of it. Ironically they are the typical Tory types who traditionally like to moan about dole scroungers taking state handouts. Given half a chance and they are doing exactly the same.

Edited by aintforever
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, aintforever said:

Some of my mates are business owners and they all ripped the arse out of it. Ironically they are the typical Tory types who traditionally like to moan about dole scroungers taking state handouts. 

Yeah, sure…😂

I had mates that did similar, ironically  they were all lager drinking lefty remoaners….

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Yeah, sure…😂

I had mates that did similar, ironically  they were all lefty remoaners….

Yeah, sure.

I had mates that did similar, ironically they were all died in the wool Liberals (except for one, who's an out and out Greenie).

Edited by Weston Super Saint
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, aintforever said:

It seems to me, just thought talking to friends etc, that most companies took the piss with the furlough thing, it was so easy to put people on furlough and just get them working from home. Some of my mates are business owners and they all ripped the arse out of it. Ironically they are the typical Tory types who traditionally like to moan about dole scroungers taking state handouts. Given half a chance and they are doing exactly the same.

Why am I not surprised?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Yeah, sure.

I had mates that did similar, ironically they were all dyed in the wool Liberals (except for one, who's an out and out Greenie).

All of my mates are black or statue protecting racists. They all got put on furlough and asked to work but refused and told their boss it was illegal. When the boss told one of the black lads “you better get to work sambo or I’ll fire you” one the statue protector lads reported him to his boss and got the guy fired then ironed him out in the car park on his way home 

racists bosses, furlough scamming  tories 0 statue protectors and blacks 1

Edited by Turkish

30 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

It’s strange isn’t it. He worked with racists and was too scared to call them out, now he’s mates with scumbags who are defrauding the tax payer. I guess it’s easier to be righteous on a football forum than in day to day life. 

In one’s head vs IRL

Jumping Stone Island GIF by Refresj

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

It’s strange isn’t it. He worked with racists and was too scared to call them out, now he’s mates with scumbags who are defrauding the tax payer. I guess it’s easier to be righteous on a football forum than in day to day life. 

Amusing calling out someone from someone who confessed to being too scared to turn round to confront someone shouting something racist at St Mary’s. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

So you expect me to dob my mates into the tax man because they put a few too many people on furlough - brilliant! You must be popular down your ‘Alehouse’.

I expect every other company in the country was doing the same, just like how they have a million ways to avoid paying tax. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, aintforever said:

So you expect me to dob my mates into the tax man because they put a few too many people on furlough - brilliant! You must be popular down your ‘Alehouse’.

I expect every other company in the country was doing the same, just like how they have a million ways to avoid paying tax. 

We weren’t and I don’t know any that were.

There is no way to avoid paying tax.

15 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

We weren’t and I don’t know any that were.

There is no way to avoid paying tax.

To be honest I don’t blame companies for ripping the arse out of it. At the start of the pandemic there were so many uncertainties and I expect many businesses owners feared for their future. I know people who were sent home in furlough but were still given work but that doesn’t mean there was enough work to cover their wage. So it is a grey area.

I just found it funny that my mates who were so used to calling out dole scroungers (typical Tory attitude) were filling their boots with government hand-outs given half a chance. They hated me taking the piss out of them over it.

Edited by aintforever
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, aintforever said:

You seem only too happy to 'dob them in' to an innernetz mong board though.  Brilliant 🤣

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, aintforever said:

To be honest I don’t blame companies for ripping the arse out of it. At the start of the pandemic there were so many uncertainties and I expect many businesses owners feared for their future. I know people who were sent home in furlough but were still given work but that doesn’t mean there was enough work to cover their wage. So it is a grey area.

I just found it funny that my mates who were so used to calling out dole scroungers (typical Tory attitude) were filling their boots with government hand-outs given half a chance. They hated me taking the piss out of them over it.

Luckily though, you are more than happy to pay more in taxes to pay for the billions that your mates and their ilk stole.  Brilliant. 🤣

• Haha 1

On 13/03/2023 at 09:50, sadoldgit said:

On 13/03/2023 at 09:51, AlexLaw76 said:

my god. The state of this

LOL I forgot about this post. Someone who use football forums to congratulate themselves on speaking out against racism accuses other people of thinking they are social media big hitters 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, benjii said:

Obviously he talks loads of shite om his political subjects, and the people who egg him on and give him validation represent an increasingly dangerous element of society (and unfortunately he falls within that group).

But, as others have said, if you meet him he's absolutely sound and a lovely bloke.

Does he talk any more shite than those that are so entrenched in their views the other way? I know we've had lots of people demanding debate and discussion, The problem is when anyone says something they dont agree with they're dismissed as a conspiracy theorist loon that talks a lot of shite who is a danger to society.

MLT did question the vaccines and if there is a link to them and footballers collapsing on the pitch, there does seem to be some evidence emerging that some people do get heart problems from them. Maybe not such a loon after all?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Does he talk any more shite than those that are so entrenched in their views the other way? I know we've had lots of people demanding debate and discussion, The problem is when anyone says something they dont agree with they're dismissed as a conspiracy theorist loon that talks a lot of shite who is a danger to society.

MLT did question the vaccines and if there is a link to them and footballers collapsing on the pitch, there does seem to be some evidence emerging that some people do get heart problems from them. Maybe not such a loon after all?

isn't it more or just as likely to be the footballers collapsing on the pitch weren't vaccinated and then caught Covid - maybe not badly at the time - but suffered long term consequences from Covid which led them to collapse on the pitch

we don't have the information / data to say one way or the other 

but based on the occurrences of Long Covid I think one is more likely than the other

As for Matt he is using his past and status as a footballer and pundit to comment on things he has no more qualifications or knowledge to comment on than the drunk in the pub - but he has a platform and an audience they don't

maybe if the things he was saying were reasonable or actually made sense it wouldn't be so bad - but he seems to have gone a bit mad

the last thing a right wing free market finance driven Tory party wanted to do was lock down the country - if they wanted to control the population they wouldn't have reduced police numbers by 20,000 over ten years or cut the size of the army

and it makes me laugh when people tweet or post on social media about microchips in the vaccine being used to control them. monitor them or whatever else  - do they realise what's in their hand every time they do it or what data is being collected by the app they are using 

he can think and say what he wants in his own home as far as I am concerned - but he shouldn't be saying it out loud in the media as he is abusing his position which comes from football

he should stick to talking about football in public - but I am sure there is an element of needing to make money out of it now

I met him in a pub once after a home game against West Ham got cancelled - he was friendly, down to earth and bought a round of drinks for a group of us - we got talking to his brother originally - so I always thought he was a nice guy - and got the same feedback from other family members that came across him

they say don't ever meet your hero's as they are never what you hoped they were - have to say that meeting wasn't too bad as far as that goes

but now he's just comes across as a bit of idiot -  a bit delusional, a bit paranoid  - its all a bit of a tragedy really

• Like 2

People can believe what they want to believe, but if you actually read the real science & not the TV Media type of science then you will see that what MLT has been saying is true. 

At the start of the pandemic there were people like Professor Sunetra Gupta a world renowned expert on communicable diseases (she was the UN go to person when it came to these type of diseases she was also employed by a number of other Countries in the same role) She & a number of other subject matter experts wrote the Great Barrington declaration, this was to be the basis on how countries reacted to a Global pandemic. some countries adopted this & those countries were less affected by the pandemic (Sweden for example). Our own Government were agreed on adopting this approach right up until the point that they were forced intto another approach by Matt Hancock who was being advised by Professor Neil Fergusson (someone who has been proven to be wrong on a number of issues prior to the pandemic) They were the ones who were pushing for lockdown even though all medical science proved that lockdowns do not work in controlling communicable diseases of this type. The use of masks was not even mentioned during any government COBRA meetings prior to their introduction. If anyone is stupid enough to think that a piece of plastic is going to stop you from catching "the most dangerous infection the World has ever known" then I have a bridge in London that you can buy. The masks are so ineffective that the manufacturers actually stated that they were not suitable for the task, they did this because they knew they could be held liable for prosecution. 

the vaccines were proven to be ineffective in fighting the disease & they knew of the medical complications, that is why the British Government among amany others actually banned the use of certain vaccines due to the side-effects (AZ for example).

Say what you like about MLT & others who would be called "conspiracy theorists" but they have had the personal courage to actually look in to the science & look beyond the Media hype & actually find out the truth. There are a lot of people who were more than happy to tell people to get the vaccines, wear masks, stay at home so as to not kill your Granny etc & all of these people are now backpedaling furiously in order to save their own skins, Piers Morgan, JHB etc. The MP Andrew Bridgen has also spoken about the vaccine harms in Parliament & having spoken to a source within Parliament he is backed by a very large number of MPs from all across the house unfortunately they are unwilling to speak out for fear of losing their jobs.

maybe people should stop watching the likes of Sky news, BBC news & actually start doing their own research. it is widely available. 

Now before anyone starts with the anti-vax line, i took both AZ vaccines & have spent the last two years fighting to get my life back together following medical issues caused by the vaccines. |People like MLT have stood up for those who are unable to have a voice & will be shown to have been correct in the near future. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Rebel said:

isn't it more or just as likely to be the footballers collapsing on the pitch weren't vaccinated and then caught Covid - maybe not badly at the time - but suffered long term consequences from Covid which led them to collapse on the pitch

we don't have the information / data to say one way or the other 

but based on the occurrences of Long Covid I think one is more likely than the other

As for Matt he is using his past and status as a footballer and pundit to comment on things he has no more qualifications or knowledge to comment on than the drunk in the pub - but he has a platform and an audience they don't

maybe if the things he was saying were reasonable or actually made sense it wouldn't be so bad - but he seems to have gone a bit mad

the last thing a right wing free market finance driven Tory party wanted to do was lock down the country - if they wanted to control the population they wouldn't have reduced police numbers by 20,000 over ten years or cut the size of the army

and it makes me laugh when people tweet or post on social media about microchips in the vaccine being used to control them. monitor them or whatever else  - do they realise what's in their hand every time they do it or what data is being collected by the app they are using 

he can think and say what he wants in his own home as far as I am concerned - but he shouldn't be saying it out loud in the media as he is abusing his position which comes from football

he should stick to talking about football in public - but I am sure there is an element of needing to make money out of it now

I met him in a pub once after a home game against West Ham got cancelled - he was friendly, down to earth and bought a round of drinks for a group of us - we got talking to his brother originally - so I always thought he was a nice guy - and got the same feedback from other family members that came across him

they say don't ever meet your hero's as they are never what you hoped they were - have to say that meeting wasn't too bad as far as that goes

but now he's just comes across as a bit of idiot -  a bit delusional, a bit paranoid  - its all a bit of a tragedy really

You’re right we don’t know do we. Which IIRC was exactly what Matt said and his point which was lost in all the “he’s a conspiracy theorist nutcase who should STFU”  it might be the vaccine so it needs looking into rather than just screaming STFU because people don’t want it to be. Until it’s investigated we will never know. With there now being some evidence it can cause heart issues in some people then perhaps he might have a point.  

the stuff about microchips and bill gates control yes that was a bit nuts but to dismiss everything as being anti vaccine lunatics is lunacy itself 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

Piers Morgan this morning has been out 'swinging' saying he has now changed his mind on part of the stance of C19 restrictions and safety/efficacy of the vaccines due to 'new scientific knowledge'

not that world leading scientists tried asking these very questions from off, yet were routinely shut down and called lunatics.

Said it all along, those who knew the real story chose to ignore the rules themselves. Inclusive of parts of the media, scientific community and MPs from across the House.

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, aintforever said:

I think you’ve been watching too many Harry Enfield repeats mate. 

3 hours ago, ExSholingSaint said:

People can believe what they want to believe, but if you actually read the real science & not the TV Media type of science then you will see that what MLT has been saying is true. 

What, Covid victims are actors and PCR tests 'were the biggest fraud ever perpetrated on mankind'?

• Like 1

It’s amazing how all the people droning on about government control, sheep, project fear, the narrative and how, “we will never get our freedoms back,” are the ones still obsessing over this over a year after it ceased to be a real issue.

Here I am, living my life like it’s 2019 again, because apparently I’m not free enough to spend my life dredging Twitter for anonymous accounts posting about myocarditis and other bollocks. When MLT’s own ‘research’ includes a footballer collapsing who hadn’t actually been vaccinated and some old boy at a lower league match (may have been Notts Co. Can’t remember now) who slipped on wet stairs and banged his head, I think I’ll be close minded and just ignore him. That’s before we get into the whole, “mainstream media are lying about the raped corpses of teenage girls in Bucha,” post which was frankly disgusting and inexcusable.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Turkish said:

With there now being some evidence it can cause heart issues in some people then perhaps he might have a point. 

It is a known, very rare, side effect of certain forms of vaccine. The COVID vaccines were not special in this regard.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Toadhall Saint said:

I’m still waiting for half the population who were vaccinated to drop down dead. 

they have, just at the point of dropping down the chip kicked in and Bill Gates took control of their bodies.