Coronavirus

whelk

11 minutes ago, scally said:

Can you explain where the Global Conspiracy is in that video?

How many Governments around the World were taken in by Pfizer and others making their fake virus to cure a hoax pandemic ?

Or have I misunderstood your previous forays onto this thread ?

6 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

How many Governments around the World were taken in by Pfizer and others making their fake virus to cure a hoax pandemic ?

Or have I misunderstood your previous forays onto this thread ?

So no conspiracy in that video, not sure I've said anything about a fake vaccine  either

On 12/10/2022 at 16:21, Turkish said:

not really pal, just put a post out there to open a discussion up, unfortunately in this place when you do that and it's something the majority dont like they tend to jump up and down ignoring the topic and play the poster.

So writes someone who spends large parts of his days stalking people on social media, is one of the biggest WUMs and trolls on this site and who was banned from another site for his behaviour.

How does it feel to get a taste of your own medicine Turkish?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

So writes someone who spends large parts of his days stalking people on social media, is one of the biggest WUMs and trolls on this site and who was banned from another site for his behaviour.

How does it feel to get a taste of your own medicine Turkish?

Did you forget i was on ignore again Soggy??? Oh dear. 

A taste of what medicine? I put up a discussion point and it was discussed, isn't that the point of forums? Most people gave their views without resorting to name calling or accusing people of being far right, racist Tommy Robinson supporters, or patting themselves on the back for "speaking out" against something they dont like on a southampton football forum. People have different views, something that you seem unable to grasp, You could learn a lot from this forum if only you weren't so ignorant and the self appointed voice of the forum. 

And once again i remind you i wasn't banned from another site for my behaviour, you know nothing about why i was banned and have just repeated that nonsense until you've convinced yourself it's true. Much like how you post on pretty much every other subject!

On 12/10/2022 at 21:49, Weston Super Saint said:

Given the vaccines have been in circulation for over a year now, does anyone have any empirical evidence that shows one way or the other that the vaccines do / don't reduce transmission (I'm guessing they do)....

It’s almost impossible to prove one way or the other, there are simply too many variables which could affect the data.

• The immune strength of person A.
  • The immune strength of person B.
  • How long person A has had the virus.
  • How long person A has been vaccinated.
  • The viral load person A was exposed to when they were infected.
  • How many times person A coughs, or sneezes or if they are just breathing normally.
  • Whether person B has been infected with a similar variant before.
  • The atmospheric conditions and ventilation in the room the tests are being conducted.

I could probably think of half a dozen more if I could be bothered, needless to say it’s not something you can realistically test in laboratory conditions. Sadly it hasn’t stopped the tin foil hat brigade from seizing upon the assertion that they were right not to get jabbed.

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

Sadly it hasn’t stopped the tin foil hat brigade from seizing upon the assertion that they were right not to get jabbed.

If they’re still alive to say those things then they probably were right to not get it, no? 

3 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

If they’re still alive to say those things then they probably were right to not get it, no? 

In 1946 they did a survey; "Did you die during WW2?" 100% of people they spoke to said they hadn't died, which means it can't have been a very dangerous conflict.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

In 1946 they did a survey; "Did you die during WW2?" 100% of people they spoke to said they hadn't died, which means it can't have been a very dangerous conflict.

I don’t think comparing someone under the age of 50 not getting jabbed for a virus that poses no threat to them to a world war is an equal comparison somehow. 

You didn’t say the tin foil hat brigade using it to say they were right not to get vaccinated and that nobody should have got one, that would have been a fairer comparison. 

19 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Depends. Did they infect more people who themselves died because they werent vaccinated? Did they each cost tens of thousands of pounds in hospital treatment unecessarily? Did they prevent others from accessing swamped NHS services and so other people suffered? 

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

I don’t think comparing someone under the age of 50 not getting jabbed for a virus that poses no threat to them to a world war is an equal comparison somehow. 

You didn’t say the tin foil hat brigade using it to say they were right not to get vaccinated and that nobody should have got one, that would have been a fairer comparison. 

You've completely missed the point on survivorship bias, I can't be bothered explaining it in any more depth. Saying you were right not to get vaccinated because you're fit, healthy and under fifty is as asinine as saying you were right not to wear a seat belt because you're a good driver and you've never had an accident.

There was a virus, it was bad, we developed a vaccine and thanks to the c.92% of people who took it the world is back to normal. By some bizarre paradox it's the people who insisted that it wasn't dangerous the whole time who are still obsessively dragging it up, eight months after it ceased being a major issue.

• Like 5

Been feeling rough since Sunday. Just took a leftover test as I’ve not had Covid before. Turns out I’ve got it.

I assume it’s thanks to the 3 jabs I had, but symptoms are pretty mild. Sore throat, tired. No shivers or high temp. Much less problematic than actual flu. At least I can say I’ve had it now. This bout will hopefully act as my booster!

On 14/10/2022 at 13:20, Lighthouse said:

There was a virus, it was bad, we developed a vaccine and thanks to the c.92% of people who took it the world is back to normal. By some bizarre paradox it's the people who insisted that it wasn't dangerous the whole time who are still obsessively dragging it up, eight months after it ceased being a major issue.

About that… 

3 hours ago, Klaus Schwab said:

About that… 

Serious question. Why would tyou give any weight to the COVID views of somebody who is a former nurse, has no stats background and got his doctorate in media communication? 

I worked in Public Health epidemiology then managed two infectious diseases wards for five years and still wouldnt claim to know. Should I be posting up covid hoax videos?  

Edited by buctootim

53 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Serious question. Why would tyou give any weight to the COVID views of somebody who is a former nurse, has no stats background and got his doctorate in media communication? 

I worked in Public Health epidemiology then managed two infectious diseases wards for five years and still wouldnt claim to know. Should I be posting up covid hoax videos?  

Are you joking? They’re not his views. He’s discussing the findings of UK government bodies. It’s official data from the ONS and the health security agency. 

You didn’t bother watching it then. 

2 hours ago, Klaus Schwab said:

Are you joking? They’re not his views. He’s discussing the findings of UK government bodies. It’s official data from the ONS and the health security agency. 

You didn’t bother watching it then. 

I watched about a minute of the wanker but couldn’t suffer any more. Other than pointing out that stats compiled by different people may vary is there a point to his video?

https://fullfact.org/health/john-campbell-youtube-singapore-children/

"The video was posted by a popular YouTuber called Dr John Campbell, who regularly posts videos about Covid, and whose YouTube channel has been watched more than half a billion times.

At the end of the video, Dr Campbell invites viewers to “see if I have misinterpreted anything”.

He has, in several ways...."

====================================

Edited by badgerx16

15 hours ago, buctootim said:

He uses a fountain pen, surely that's the ultimate sign that he's trustworthy and knowledgable?

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, whelk said:

Bloody hell the thread no longer on page 1.

What did Bridgen say about vaccines that lost him the Tory whip?

Compared it to the holocaust.

“As one consultant cardiologist said to me this is the biggest crime against humanity since the Holocaust."

8 minutes ago, The Left Back said:

A good time to resurrect this thread.  According to Salmon Si around 80% of us should be dying about now. I had my first vaccine 2years ago (bloody hell time moves fast) so I’m apparently not long for this place. 

Forgot about that crazy fucker

15 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

He'll be on Tiss' podcast next week, telling us all the truth that they don't want us to know. He's already had that lunatic, Cornish nurse who said doctors should be executed like the ones at Nuremburg.

Makes you think!

10 minutes ago, The Left Back said:

A good time to resurrect this thread.  According to Salmon Si around 80% of us should be dying about now. I had my first vaccine 2years ago (bloody hell time moves fast) so I’m apparently not long for this place. 

Yeah mad how time flows. Hard to remember times before I got the Bill Gates tattoo and used to bad mouth Microsoft. Be weird now not seeing people keel over in the streets.

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Whoop.  Statistics out of context.

Does twitter (or wherever that info came from), state whether those occurences are inside or outside of what would happen to normal people at any time?

It could just as well have said "people who wear odd socks have Myocarditis and Pericarditis" for all the good that standalone statement does.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Does twitter (or wherever that info came from), state whether those occurences are inside or outside of what would happen to normal people at any time?

It could just as well have said "people who wear odd socks have Myocarditis and Pericarditis" for all the good that standalone statement does.

It came from Pfizer last night

The observed risk is higher among adolescent males and adult males under 40 years of age than among females and older males, and the observed risk is highest in males 12 through 17 years of age

Edited by AlexLaw76

"In all, more than 2.2 million second Pfizer doses were given and more than 870,000 Moderna doses. Within 21 days of the second dose, there were a total of 59 myocarditis cases (21 Pfizer and 31 Moderna) and 41 pericarditis cases (21 Pfizer and 20 Moderna). "

https://www.acc.org/About-ACC/Press-Releases/2022/11/07/18/58/Which-COVID-Vaccine-You-Get-Can-Impact-Myocarditis-Risk

Studies also suggest the risk of these conditions as a result of COVID infection is 7 times higher than the risk from vaccination.

Myocarditis is a known, rare, side effect of vaccination in general, not just of COVID vaccines.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

I know two lads who believe a lot of the 'theories' put out there by the likes of David Icke/Alex Jones and are quite keen to project their views.

These include Covid jabs being part of a world wide conspiracy.

Fair enough but what seems strange to me is that both lads and, presumably, their mates are regular users of mind changing substances, mainly ingested.

There doesnt seem to be any peer review of each substance but that doesnt seem to worry them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

As someone who has picked the first two socks out the drawer in the dark, I was more worried about your last sentence than the stats. 🙂

• 1 month later...

Should have locked us down longer, harder, stronger.....apparently

Much of it was pure theatre, many said it at the time, and helped destroy a generation of this country...

Just look back through this thread, some/many just lapped it all up, and sneered at those questioning 'the science'

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Confused 1

44 minutes ago, Picard said:

To be fair, whilst I don't like to defend the Conservatives, governments always use scare tactics for public health issues, that's why cigarettes have SMOKING KILLS on them not 'Have a few fags a day and you might be fine'.

'Deploy' was probably just a poor choice of words for launching the campaign to try and stop the spread. It doesn't mean the whole new variant was made up. 

Edited by aintforever

14 minutes ago, aintforever said:

To be fair, whilst I don't like to defend the Conservatives, governments always use scare tactics for public health issues, that's why cigarettes have SMOKING KILLS on them not 'Have a few fags a day and you might be fine'.

'Deploy' was probably just a poor choice of words for launching the campaign to try and stop the spread. It doesn't mean the whole new variant was made up. 

WHy did they need to scare people to death with something that was/is harmless to virtually the entire population?

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Should have locked us down longer, harder, stronger.....apparently

Much of it was pure theatre, many said it at the time, and helped destroy a generation of this country...

Just look back through this thread, some/many just lapped it all up, and sneered at those questioning 'the science'

You’re right. Destroyed lives, livelihoods and futures. The damage from it will last for at least a generation.

8 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

WHy did they need to scare people to death with something that was/is harmless to virtually the entire population?

To keep the numbers down to avoid the NHS being overstretched I guess.

Hopefully the inquiry will work out if the Tories got it right or not, looks like they definitely fucked up over care-homes though from what I have seen so far.

1 minute ago, aintforever said:

To keep the numbers down to avoid the NHS being overstretched I guess.

Hopefully the inquiry will work out if the Tories got it right or not, looks like they definitely fucked up over care-homes though from what I have seen so far.

if you read through the leaks, much of it was political theatre and not science..

It is there to read.