Returning to St Marys

warwicksaint

6 minutes ago, JRM said:

how you can allow yourself to become comfortable with government coercion to "encourage " people to take a medical injection in order to be allowed to live a free life

Because I, or someone I care about, could be one of the people who is fully vaccinated but not protected by the vaccine. One of my loved ones could die because they’re stood next to someone like you at a football match, who made a ‘personal choice’ not to get vaccinated for no reason other than pure obstinance. Their health is more important to me than your so-called freedom.

7 minutes ago, JRM said:

simply exercising their right to free individual choice

Yes, it’s a poor choice and poor choices have unfortunate consequences.

7 minutes ago, JRM said:

Where this will all end who knows, but the govt will not stop here that's for sure

Paranoia. Meaningless conjecture based on nothing but crackpot theories on the internet. There is no ‘next step’ nor any slippery slope. Vaccines were developed decades ago for polio, smallpox, MMR etc. People took them and the disease was near enough wiped out, end of story.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, JRM said:

They had a "Grab a Jab" event at the Guildhall couple of Saturdays ago, was surreal watching people acting like club reps to come on in for a jab, no appointment needed! As if it was a Club offering a free shot on a bar crawl. 

Yeah baffled you did it?

15 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

You’re a danger to society if you haven’t :wave: :lol:

Absolutely! The lowest of the low that must be eradicated one way or another. 

Just had a nap watching the Olympics and woke up in a cold sweat, what if I go to a game next week and discover I'm sat next to...oh its almost to awful to type........a child , a little disease carrying unvaccinated child. Hopefully there will be a masked steward nearby to help me move to a safer more covid secure area 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, whelk said:
1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

Because I, or someone I care about, could be one of the people who is fully vaccinated but not protected by the vaccine. One of my loved ones could die because they’re stood next to someone like you at a football match, who made a ‘personal choice’ not to get vaccinated for no reason other than pure obstinance. Their health is more important to me than your so-called freedom.

Paranoia. Meaningless conjecture based on nothing but crackpot theories on the internet. There is no ‘next step’ nor any slippery slope. Vaccines were developed decades ago for polio, smallpox, MMR etc. People took them and the disease was near enough wiped out, end of story.

My word you love this don't you. We must clamp down on the enemy within, we cannot let them mix with us! If they refuse then the consequences will be all their fault! It's all their fault! They chose this punishment! Just listen to yourself and the direction you are going in. You can't wait to start reporting the unvaccinated for not wearing their identification label can you. Deary me. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, JRM said:

My word you love this don't you. We must clamp down on the enemy within, we cannot let them mix with us! If they refuse then the consequences will be all their fault! It's all their fault! They chose this punishment! Just listen to yourself and the direction you are going in. You can't wait to start reporting the unvaccinated for not wearing their identification label can you. Deary me. 

Lighthouse talks a lot of sense - you on the other hand - any reason you wouldn't have a vaccine or is simply for the sake of an argument and to flex your muscles.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JRM said:

Sad times. 

In the future we'll look back and explain to kids how their social credit scoring system and government monitoring began with abuse of powers in response to a bug. 

Stay Home > Protect Our NHS > Save Lives > Ban healthy people from taking part in normal life for not complying 

The problem which you seem to have overlooked is that it is the healthy ones who have the virus are spreading it and in some cases killing people.

If you do not look after yourself there is a chance that you will get Covid and may be very ill and have after affects for sometime which will put a a burden on the NHS

Just think of others instead of your self

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JRM said:

I can’t even work out what you are quoting me on. TBH likes of you don’t bother me at all. Fact that you won’t be able to travel abroad and maybe go to football is no big deal. The benefits of the passports is they wind up the angry little types desperate for their ‘freedoms’. You can spend some of your increased spare time crayoning on to some A3 cardboard. “Bill Gates won’t take my boddy”

41 minutes ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Lighthouse talks a lot of sense - you on the other hand - any reason you wouldn't have a vaccine or is simply for the sake of an argument and to flex your muscles.  

Please explain what tests have been completed for long term effects of the vaccine? Truth is I don't know, but neither do any of you. The vaccine still has special emergency approval for use. 

You are asking youngsters to take a blind leap of faith for something they don't really need. But again it's not about the vaccine, it's the use of passports I object to. 

46 minutes ago, John B said:

The problem which you seem to have overlooked is that it is the healthy ones who have the virus are spreading it and in some cases killing people.

If you do not look after yourself there is a chance that you will get Covid and may be very ill and have after affects for sometime which will put a a burden on the NHS

Just think of others instead of your self

How will you feel being sat next to a family with kids at a game? 

2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

but your relatives have had  the vaccine, so they won't die, right?

If that is still a risk, then best they stay at home, beside, vaccinated people can still pass it on to other vaccinated people.

So your point is a little lost really. 

5 minutes ago, JRM said:

Genuine question, will you be asking friends or family of their vaccination status before allowing them into your house? What about those with kids? 

I don’t need to as none of my friends are conspiracy theory dipshits. I don’t know one person who has refused the vaccine. Only on here that I see these people do actually exist. And tbf they ain’t going to be my friends and not inviting them into my home.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

JRM sounds a bit like Sajid Javid - "mustn't cower in front of the virus..".  I've bought my season ticket, and with due precaution will be back. Maybe I'll regret it, but at least I won't have these regrets:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/26/covid-patients-tell-of-regrets-over-refusing-jab-vaccine-intensive-care

Sue let me reassure you, the government have spent billions on advertising raising fear and hysteria, it will take many years to recover from the psychological impact as a society but at football you will be outdoors , can wear a mask if you choose and your vaccine will do its job I'm sure. Enjoy yourself and allow football to be a brief escape from this madness. 

2 minutes ago, whelk said:

I don’t need to as none of my friends are conspiracy theory dipshits. I don’t know one person who has refused the vaccine. Only on here that I see these people do actually exist. And tbf they ain’t going to be my friends and not inviting them into my home.

So you have asked them all? 

2 hours ago, whelk said:

Bet there is a correlation though. 

Well I’m double jabbed and according to soggy I’m a racist, homophobic, transphobic, founder of the Tommy Robinson fan club so this brexiter says there isn’t 

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

Literally breaking friendships when you’re fully vaccinated. 

Excuse Me What GIF by Desus & Mero

Reminds me of when people were terrified of going near someone with aids. 

4 minutes ago, whelk said:

I know a couple of people who aren't having it, one of whom is a close friend. It came up in conversation once but since then we haven't discussed it because it's up to them if they take it and there's plenty of other stuff to talk about instead.

I'm certainly not going to fall out with someone because they haven't taken the vaccine, why would I want to throw years of friendship down the drain?

36 minutes ago, JRM said:

Sue let me reassure you, the government have spent billions on advertising raising fear and hysteria, it will take many years to recover from the psychological impact as a society but at football you will be outdoors , can wear a mask if you choose and your vaccine will do its job I'm sure. Enjoy yourself and allow football to be a brief escape from this madness. 

And why would they do that? What's in it for the government (s) to have a populous afraid to go about its business and keep the economy going? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, egg said:

And why would they do that? What's in it for the government (s) to have a populous afraid to go about its business and keep the economy going? 

Write to your mp egg and ask these questions. More scrutiny is needed of these decisions and the people behind them hiding within SAGE 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, JRM said:

Write to your mp egg and ask these questions. More scrutiny is needed of these decisions and the people behind them hiding within SAGE 

I'm asking you mate as you're the one making the point. I don't believe they have. 

I'll clarify the questions. If you're saying that the government have spent billions on advertising raising fear and hysteria, why do you say that the government have done that? What's in it for them to do that? 

“A substantial number of people still do not feel sufficiently personally threatened. The perceived level of personal threat needs to be increased among those who are complacent, using hard-hitting emotional messaging.”

Susan Michie and Robert West, SPI-B (behavioural science subcommittee of SAGE)

5 hours ago, JRM said:

Is it anecdotal that they had to stop giving it to u40s as it wasn't safe?

4 hours ago, East Kent Saint said:

The youngsters are getting the Pfizer jab instead of the AZ 

In Australia they are so desperate to get more vaccinated that they have changed advice and recommend Astra Zeneca for all adults.

https://bbcgossip.com/australia/all-adults-in-sydney-recommended-to-get-the-astrazeneca-vaccine/?amp=1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedArmy said:

Literally breaking friendships when you’re fully vaccinated. 

Excuse Me What GIF by Desus & Mero

Reminds me of when people were terrified of going near someone with aids. 

‘Literally’ I know you get offended but you are incredibly thick

1 hour ago, The Cat said:

I know a couple of people who aren't having it, one of whom is a close friend. It came up in conversation once but since then we haven't discussed it because it's up to them if they take it and there's plenty of other stuff to talk about instead.

I'm certainly not going to fall out with someone because they haven't taken the vaccine, why would I want to throw years of friendship down the drain?

Who said anything about falling out. I don’t know anyone who is batshit to worry about the vaccine as some sort of sinister project.. My kids and all their friends too. And this will offend but it is directly linked to education

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Well I’m double jabbed and according to soggy I’m a racist, homophobic, transphobic, founder of the Tommy Robinson fan club so this brexiter says there isn’t 

All doctors are rich does not mean all rich people are doctors 

19 minutes ago, whelk said:

Who said anything about falling out. I don’t know anyone who is batshit to worry about the vaccine as some sort of sinister project.. My kids and all their friends too. And this will offend but it is directly linked to education

You and your kids sound great Whelk. 

My young ones want to have some friends round and I'm a bit worried about what covid protocols I should have in place,  have told them I'll just  check with Whelk on Saintsweb to see how it's done, can you help? 

I travelled extensively in the 70s & 80s, carried inoculation documents for yellow fever, typhus, malaria and other diseases. I have also lived in other countries (Germany & Belgium) where they had mandatory ID cards and never once felt that my 'freedom' was compromised !

Given that the overwhelming statistics show that the vaccines are working, I just cannot fathom the logic of those who maintain the they are 'threatened' because they may have to declare that they have been vaccinated !

It's not a big deal, it's not an affront to civil liberty, it's purely helping your fellow man to survive....

I've yet to hear a rational, intelligent explanation for why someone doesn't get jabbed but I'll keep on reading, just in case... 

• Like 11

40 minutes ago, JRM said:

My young ones want to have some friends round and I'm a bit worried about what covid protocols I should have in place,  have told them I'll just  check with Whelk on Saintsweb to see how it's done, can you help? 

Not really mate. I have avoided Covid, never miss a days work, missus is same. Generally strong stock. 
Vaccine was not even noticed. So basically I don’t naturally worry about my health or catching it. Although bright enough to not be scared of being vaccinated and understand the importance of it to those not blessed with my family’s good health.

Maybe spray a bit of Glade when they come round woudl be my advice.

Edited by whelk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JRM said:

“A substantial number of people still do not feel sufficiently personally threatened. The perceived level of personal threat needs to be increased among those who are complacent, using hard-hitting emotional messaging.”

Susan Michie and Robert West, SPI-B (behavioural science subcommittee of SAGE)

She clearly has a point. When people like you sincerely believe it’s, "a vaccine I don’t need for a virus I’m not going to die from," there is clearly far too much complacency and misinformation out there. 

2 hours ago, RedArmy said:

A question to that support vaccine passports.

Are you staying at home until they’re introduced, or are you out there mixing with the unvaccinated murderers?  

No, because unlike anti-vaxxers we don’t have any choice in the matter. We’ve done our bit, if a small percentage refuse to get vaccinated, ever, our only alternative is to stay in our homes for the rest of our lives, over an issue we have no influence on.

2 hours ago, JRM said:

Please explain what tests have been completed for long term effects of the vaccine? Truth is I don't know, but neither do any of you. The vaccine still has special emergency approval for use. 

You are asking youngsters to take a blind leap of faith for something they don't really need. But again it's not about the vaccine, it's the use of passports I object to. 

There’s no credible hypothesis for long term health problems. Contrary to some of the conspiracies, the vaccine doesn’t alter your DNA, you aren’t going to sprout an extra b*llock in 15 years.

3 hours ago, JRM said:

A hysterical straw-man, I can’t help you there.

14 minutes ago, whelk said:

Not really mate. I have avoided Covid, never miss a days work, missus is same. Generally strong stock. 
Vaccine was not even noticed. So basically I don’t naturally worry about my health or catching it. Although bright enough to not be scared of being vaccinated and understand the importance of it to those not blessed with my family’s good health.

Maybe spray a bit of Glade when they come round woudl be my advice.

Thanks mate, done a bit of research myself, I've printed off some HANDS FACE SPACE posters, will sanitise hands on entrance with a temp check and ensure they remain 2 metres apart from each other at all times with a one way system to get to the bathroom just to ensure we all stay safe. 

9 hours ago, JRM said:

Thanks mate, done a bit of research myself, I've printed off some HANDS FACE SPACE posters, will sanitise hands on entrance with a temp check and ensure they remain 2 metres apart from each other at all times with a one way system to get to the bathroom just to ensure we all stay safe. 

Seems like you have it sorted. Sanitiser isn’t really effective though. 

10 hours ago, JRM said:

Please stop posting for a few weeks young man, you are getting on my nerves with your unfounded monotonous conspiracy theory nonsense.

Either that or I will reluctantly place you on ignore. Being a boorish smart-arse really isn't all that attractive as a personal attribute.

Edited by Charlie Wayman
  • Like 2

Piers Corbyn, David Icke, Andrew Wakefield and QAnon/Trump - those are some of the sources for the Anti Vaxxer movement.

Just a hint of the proof that the MMR jab data linked to autism was highly flawed and in the words of the BMJ fraudulent https://www.bmj.com/content/342/bmj.c7452 yet Wakefield is front and centre again, especially in the US 

Look at the weirdos in the movement, probably the same boneheads who were attacking 5G masts last year https://news.sky.com/story/how-covid-conspiracists-and-anti-vaxxers-are-getting-organised-and-making-money-12206707

Edited by saint1977

13 hours ago, JRM said:

They're a forum moderator. They live for stuff like this 😆

Edited by Saint86

50 minutes ago, saint1977 said:

Piers Corbyn, David Icke, Andrew Wakefield and QAnon/Trump - those are some of the sources for the Anti Vaxxer movement.

Just a hint of the proof that the MMR jab data linked to autism was highly flawed and in the words of the BMJ fraudulent https://www.bmj.com/content/342/bmj.c7452 yet Wakefield is front and centre again, especially in the US 

Look at the weirdos in the movement, probably the same boneheads who were attacking 5G masts last year https://news.sky.com/story/how-covid-conspiracists-and-anti-vaxxers-are-getting-organised-and-making-money-12206707

Wakefield should be in prison. What he did was tantamount to child abuse, the experiments he did on autistic children. At the very least he should be in public exile for deliberately lying about science that killed potentially thousands of innocent children with impressionable parents. Also the mainstream media has blood on it's hands with its deliberate decision not to fact check an otherwise sensational story.

For those who don't know, Andrew Wakefield patented individual jabs for measles, mumps and rubella, and then wrote a deeply fraudulent paper discrediting the combined jab by linking it to autism to push people towards his product. In science he is sort of like a horror story they tell all new scientists in your first "ethics in research" mandatory seminar (probably mandatory because of that prick). If you ever hear someone mention autism with reference to vaccines it's because of this fuck and his "autistic enterocolitis" bullshit. The paper was retracted by half the authors after letting the world know about Wakefields fraud and he's not a doctor anymore but that's not far enough for me for his fraud. There is a great book on it by Brian Deer called "The doctor who fooled the world" and a great video about the whole thing here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BIcAZxFfrc. It's quite long and a bit silly at times, but it's pretty amusing and well made.

Edited by TWar
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Please stop posting for a few weeks young man, you are getting on my nerves with your unfounded monotonous conspiracy theory nonsense.

Either that or I will reluctantly place you on ignore. Being a boorish smart-arse really isn't all that attractive as a personal attribute.

Hi Charlie 👋

Got your tickets for the friendlies next week? 

I'm sorry somebody questioning the governments motives with the implementation of vaccine passports makes you feel uncomfortable, it might be a side effect of the vaccine, go for it with the ignore button 👍

10 minutes ago, JRM said:

Hi Charlie 👋

Got your tickets for the friendlies next week? 

I'm sorry somebody questioning the governments motives with the implementation of vaccine passports makes you feel uncomfortable, it might be a side effect of the vaccine, go for it with the ignore button 👍

He's right though, you are fucking irritating. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JRM said:

Sue let me reassure you, the government have spent billions on advertising raising fear and hysteria,

Your analysis on this matter is so far off the mark it's a bit worrying. Now if you said they were scaremongering about immigrants or 'benefit scroungers' you might be more accurate, and if you had pointed out how our PM was ignoring parliament I'd have agreed.

But are you really saying that a government that has all along been blase', playing catch up, reluctant to act, with a PM who didn't go to the first 5 Cobra meetings, who went around shaking hands and making glib statements, has done many u-turns, has overseen a generally incompetent response, is trying to raise fear and hysteria?? The government who had to be dragged kicking and screaming into action by Sage?

Let me give you a personal illustration.. Yesterday I took aged parent to an eye clinic. The records showed that the last check was back on March 17th last year which reminded me that we drove back past a local pub which was advertising a St. Patrick's night event. I play a bit of Irish music and normally I'd go but commented "I shan't be going to that!". I sometimes read the foreign press so had seen the progress of the virus elsewhere and the measures they had put in place. Similarly I did a bit of online language teaching for a student in the EU so had another source of information. I knew we'd have to lock down and that we'd left it late.

The response in the UK was lackadaisical in comparison and playing the whole thing down. Plenty of PPE said Matt Hancock in recorded public statements, but then of course they saw the opportunities for their mates and took action, using the virus as an excuse to get around  usual procurement procedures, and overpaying.  

So I really think you should look more widely before expressing your opinions and perhaps change your target.  I've found the Private Eye medic give a very useful two page commentary in every issue, and he has been very open about where he has had to change his mind on aspects of the situation.

In the meantime I hope to go to St. Mary's and my training for the new season starts tonight amongst an age group who are showing the highest rates at the moment. No hysteria from me, but maybe a bit of exercise would do you good too.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, suewhistle said:

Your analysis on this matter is so far off the mark it's a bit worrying. Now if you said they were scaremongering about immigrants or 'benefit scroungers' you might be more accurate, and if you had pointed out how our PM was ignoring parliament I'd have agreed.

But are you really saying that a government that has all along been blase', playing catch up, reluctant to act, with a PM who didn't go to the first 5 Cobra meetings, who went around shaking hands and making glib statements, has done many u-turns, has overseen a generally incompetent response, is trying to raise fear and hysteria?? The government who had to be dragged kicking and screaming into action by Sage?

Let me give you a personal illustration.. Yesterday I took aged parent to an eye clinic. The records showed that the last check was back on March 17th last year which reminded me that we drove back past a local pub which was advertising a St. Patrick's night event. I play a bit of Irish music and normally I'd go but commented "I shan't be going to that!". I sometimes read the foreign press so had seen the progress of the virus elsewhere and the measures they had put in place. Similarly I did a bit of online language teaching for a student in the EU so had another source of information. I knew we'd have to lock down and that we'd left it late.

The response in the UK was lackadaisical in comparison and playing the whole thing down. Plenty of PPE said Matt Hancock in recorded public statements, but then of course they saw the opportunities for their mates and took action, using the virus as an excuse to get around  usual procurement procedures, and overpaying.  

So I really think you should look more widely before expressing your opinions and perhaps change your target.  I've found the Private Eye medic give a very useful two page commentary in every issue, and he has been very open about where he has had to change his mind on aspects of the situation.

In the meantime I hope to go to St. Mary's and my training for the new season starts tonight amongst an age group who are showing the highest rates at the moment. No hysteria from me, but maybe a bit of exercise would do you good too.

Some excellent points. Anyone who thinks a conservative government would purposefully harm the economy by locking down unnecessarily or would hoard jabs for the UK when they know them to be dangerous needs to give their head a wobble. It's like flat earth or any other conspiracy, the first question has to be "but what's in it for them?" 

Edited by TWar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TWar said:

Some excellent points. Anyone who thinks a conservative government would purposefully harm the economy by locking down unnecessarily or would hoard jabs for the UK when they know them to be dangerous needs to give their head a wobble. It's like flat earth or any other conspiracy, the first question has to be "but what's in it for them?" 

That's the thing they don't know if they are dangerous or not in the long term , The fact is that these vaccines have been rushed thru the usual process and not undergone the long term testing that most go thru . Generally a vaccine will take 10 to 12 years to perfect and test these have been done in a matter of months and there's no way of knowing if it will affect people's fertility for example for a while yet . Add the the fact that their licences have clauses added that prevent any come backs on the drugs companies should there be any lasting effects then that all points to why a lot of people including me aren't jumping at the chance to have a jab .

3 minutes ago, simo said:

That's the thing they don't know if they are dangerous or not in the long term , The fact is that these vaccines have been rushed thru the usual process and not undergone the long term testing that most go thru . Generally a vaccine will take 10 to 12 years to perfect and test these have been done in a matter of months and there's no way of knowing if it will affect people's fertility for example for a while yet . Add the the fact that their licences have clauses added that prevent any come backs on the drugs companies should there be any lasting effects then that all points to why a lot of people including me aren't jumping at the chance to have a jab .

That’s the thing you are using to not have it though when really your scared of having it!

Its been tested thoroughly- labs across the globe came together and helped get the red tape sorted .

I don’t care if it affects my fertility at 62 it’s nothing to concern me but catching it is and you should be - I have seen first hand what it does to fit healthy 26 year olds.

it’s your choice but don’t hide behind the bollox of not tested when it clearly has been.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, simo said:

I 100% guarantee you the vaccine has had all the necessary checks. It's been quicker as science moves based on funding and it is probably the most well funded short term scientific project of all time.

Also regarding things like fertility and long term effects, there are ways to test those things outside of giving them to people and seeing what happens. We have computational models to simulate these things, analogous vaccines (for which the mRNA vaccine was based and had been developed for decades), and gene profiling technology.

If the science wasn't up to the grade you can bet your life the scientific community wouldn't almost unanimously endorse it. I personally know people who work on the vaccine, some are proper anti government types, but they work as part of a team which it's works as part of a big set of teams. Thousands upon thousands of scientists who make virus and vaccine research their life work plus thousands of peer reviewers and no concerted case against them. I just don't buy that if there is actually any issues or potential issues.

• Like 1