Southampton FC Women

Dr Who?

3 hours ago, Pilchards said:

I’m actually off on the 20th.

Where is this game vs Pompey?

St Mary’s or Totton?

Also if they make it to the championship would that be one league below the main one or is this the main one which is getting great publicity?

Championship is one below the ‘Womens Super League’.  Currently in effectively Division 3 South.

4 hours ago, Pilchards said:

I’m actually off on the 20th.

Where is this game vs Pompey?

St Mary’s or Totton?

Also if they make it to the championship would that be one league below the main one or is this the main one which is getting great publicity?

The championship is the league below the woman’s super league. As I see mentioned above ☝️ 

Edited by Dr Who?
  • Like 1

Woo hoo! Keep us posted. I might try and make the Wednesday game. We played a friendly the other day and had a Portsmouth squad member play for us: a different level to the rest of our low level Hampshire League side but an interesting indicator as to how the game is developing.

21 minutes ago, Dr Who? said:

Ipswich 3-0. 

Not that it matters, one more win in the last 3 and we are champions. 

Vs Pompey at St Mary’s.

No better way to do that in front of the blue few on Wednesday.

Would be nice to get 5,000 + at the gates.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

Can we buy on the gate on Wednesday? I've just offered a lift on my team group chat: apologies but I thought a few Pompey fans should see us get promoted. 😉

Well you will need to take them to Stockport on May 21st to see that 😉 

• Like 1

Good to see Saints win 2 days running in person - said it before this lot are relentless and show no mercy.

Bit of a cagey affair early on, couple of quick goals went in and the Plymouth mindset seemed to be changing to avoid being slaughtered, goalie didn’t get the memo oops - 3.

On to Wednesday

• Like 3

16 hours ago, John Boy Saint said:

Good to see Saints win 2 days running in person - said it before this lot are relentless and show no mercy.

Bit of a cagey affair early on, couple of quick goals went in and the Plymouth mindset seemed to be changing to avoid being slaughtered, goalie didn’t get the memo oops - 3.

On to Wednesday

They certainly are. Still going all out to get the 7th right up until the final whistle. Very high motivation and work ethic throughout the whole team. Very refreshing to see.

Edited by Lampwick

20 hours ago, It's There said:

I wish I could go. Time to get a record home gate for the women's team!

Yes I wish i could go as well. But I'm hoping that there will be a few Northern Saints at Stockport on 21st May. I cannot wait.

• Like 1

I will be going to this game with my son. I am hoping a few northern Saints will make the trip, and hopefully some from the south. I will be hoping to do updates, but we will see on the day. Let’s hope we get promoted 🤞 

4DCBBD2D-D859-4606-9913-8AB1634EFD53.jpeg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dr Who? said:

I will be going to this game with my son. I am hoping a few northern Saints will make the trip, and hopefully some from the south. I will be hoping to do updates, but we will see on the day. Let’s hope we get promoted 🤞 

4DCBBD2D-D859-4606-9913-8AB1634EFD53.jpeg

I'm going with my 2 daughters and I know of another 3 Northern Saints planning on going. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, John D said:

I'm going with my 2 daughters and I know of another 3 Northern Saints planning on going. 

Is this the admin John from Northern Saints? If so it is Kev, if not, I’m still Kev 😆 

• Haha 1

Just now, Dr Who? said:

Cannot believe we have to wait a month for the main event. 

At least we've some games to go. Focus on keeping that winning mentality. At lower levels in men's football you've got some teams with a game to go and others with 7 or 8 , due to earlier call offs. I'd rather be playing, than cooling my heels waiting for the big day.

It’s a little scrappy affair at the moment, so suits the feed. It has got me thinking are the northern teams better than their southern counterparts. 🤔. The playoff final maybe unknown territory. 

Edited by Dr Who?

Just now, Saint_clark said:

I was joking but the way it's only moving side to side with no up and down movement and the fact it has a restricted range of motion, I think they've actually got an old CCTV camera installed.

Yeah someone has steamed to their 40 inch tv. They said it like it was an amazing feat. But then I did realise it was a Huddersfield fan.