Southampton FC Women

Dr Who?

11 minutes ago, Dr Who? said:

It has got me thinking are the northern teams better than their southern counterparts. 🤔. The playoff final maybe unknown territory. 

Give them too much respect and it could cost us.

Go at them, and they could pick you off...

Hang on, what's the sceanrio where it works in our favour again? 🙂

Just now, Saint_clark said:

Well done girls. Will be a travesty if they don't get promoted now at the end of all this. 

Hope there's a stream for the playoff.

I would not rely on the club to sort out the stream. I would love to do it on my phone, but feel a) it would be crap and b) my battery will die. 

May need Wolves like Huddersfield to stream like today will be the more likely option. 

2 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

That's Full Time. Saints energy levels and work rate were too much for Huddersfield. We dominated more and more a sit went on. Congratulations to the team and management. And to the people behind giving us a stream of the match.

Again comes from the opposition club! 🙄 

1 minute ago, Dr Who? said:

Again comes from the opposition club! 🙄 

Yeah. I always like to thank them, even if it's on our fans forum, that they will never see.  🙂

It's incredible that a club with our resources can't send someone from their media team along with a camera/ shaky phone. Teirs of men's football, way down the pyramid manage to do it. But it's somehow beyond us for the women's team.

And it was well worth the watch too. Shouldn't have to wait for a promotion to be getting on with even some basic coverage. That run down the left wing, going into added on time was great to watch. Shows the level of commitment they have, right to the end.

9 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Yeah. I always like to thank them, even if it's on our fans forum, that they will never see.  🙂

It's incredible that a club with our resources can't send someone from their media team along with a camera/ shaky phone. Teirs of men's football, way down the pyramid manage to do it. But it's somehow beyond us for the women's team.

And it was well worth the watch too. Shouldn't have to wait for a promotion to be getting on with even some basic coverage. That run down the left wing, going into added on time was great to watch. Shows the level of commitment they have, right to the end.

Ella Morris. She's actually a right back. Consistently good. Work rate wise the whole team have been like this all season. 

2 minutes ago, Lampwick said:

Ella Morris. She's actually a right back. Consistently good. Work rate wise the whole team have been like this all season. 

Her and her sister Caitlin are both saints fans I believe. 

Caitlin Morris is also my favourite women's player for reasons.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

21 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Yes indeed. Hythe's finest !

11 hours ago, Dr Who? said:

That is about as half arsed as most of the ladies stuff out of Saints - with comments of the “hosts” and “visitors” in a Cup Final at a neutral venue? 
“Both teams in yellow to confuse matters”.

Read it twice to make sure! 

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, John Boy Saint said:

That is about as half arsed as most of the ladies stuff out of Saints - with comments of the “hosts” and “visitors” in a Cup Final at a neutral venue? 
“Both teams in yellow to confuse matters”.

Read it twice to make sure! 

So did I. Perhaps somebody is blue, white and yellow colour blind? Or wasn't there? Or drunk?

• Like 2

It reads like it was written by someone who doesn’t really understand football.

The photo is credited to an official Saints photographer who has a back catalogue of mens, womens and academy shots. Maybe they just got her to write it, and it’s not her forte.

23 hours ago, JRM said:

You'd expect the club would recognise their success, maybe a lap of honour with the trophies at the Palace game next week 

The trouble is that ultimately they have not won the League and Cup double (yet), that will only happen when the play-off against Wolves takes place. What we have done so far is won the League Cup and the Southern Premier Division. Shame really that the play-off is after our last home match of the season (assuming Liverpool is rescheduled before 22 May which it has to be).

9 minutes ago, VectisSaint said:

The trouble is that ultimately they have not won the League and Cup double (yet), that will only happen when the play-off against Wolves takes place. What we have done so far is won the League Cup and the Southern Premier Division. Shame really that the play-off is after our last home match of the season (assuming Liverpool is rescheduled before 22 May which it has to be).

They have done the double and win or lose the playoff they will still have won the double. But I get your point, the main prize is the promotion, which will have a trophy, so will that be the treble, if we win. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, The Kraken said:

It reads like it was written by someone who doesn’t really understand football.

The photo is credited to an official Saints photographer who has a back catalogue of mens, womens and academy shots. Maybe they just got her to write it, and it’s not her forte.

You're very kind! Just watched the highlights: some cracking goals and a fair few Saints fans from the sound of it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, John Boy Saint said:

Phew! - I thought it was just me when I saw confused reactions to my post 😀

No I fully agree. I am confused to why the club do not put more into this kind of thing. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, John Boy Saint said:

Have you had a look at Wolves Women’s FB page?

If you have a look at the coverage of the our Southampton Woman's team it is much better than the one connected to the club. Wolves put us to shame. 

Also we do not have a separate woman’s team page, it is all lumped in and lost among the mens team. 

Edited by Dr Who?

9 hours ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Job has been done, but it's a point against a team who weren't that far away. Although I imagine they're now aware of the performance levels they'll need to bring to the play off. No taking the foot off there.

To be fair, we also rested a few of our big hitters. Kendall, Mott, Pharoah, Ware, Freeland etc

• Like 1