COVID and Football (Merged)

Chris cooper

2 hours ago, JRM said:

Not sure what you're saying? 

First election since the vaccine passports vote and the only party to see a growth in their vote share was the one party who's official policy was to oppose vaccine passports, that's a fact. 

But had no influence on how people voted . What did was 1. North Shropshire felt they had been ignored by Boris , 2. They shut 4 local Ambulance stations plus on one day there were no Ambulances for emergency calls as they were all waiting at hospitals to admit their patients into the hospitals , 3. Shropshire is a farming community , the EU subsidies will cease in 2027 for food production but they haven’t been told what will replace it apart from environmental payments , nothing for producing food. The Brexiters say it will be a free market so cheap crap food can be imported to feed the poor people. Rees Mogg quote.

so 4 points to you for original post plus 4 points for your reply to add to the MLT nutters league total , putting you in sixth place . Merry xmas .😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, waylander said:

The virus that causes Polio is not a coronavirus. While it does mutate, those mutations do not allow it to evade vaccine-induced immune response.

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-019-14174-2

Many thanks for 'man-splaining'.

However, Aintclever's original statement was :

3 hours ago, aintforever said:

Vaccines protect you but the effect wanes over time, it’s quite easy to understand.

Note that he uses 'vaccines' in the plural, implying all vaccines, which, as I stated, is horseshit.  Measles vaccine protects for life, similar to the Polio vaccine.

Influenza vaccines on the other hand give protection for a couple of weeks / months.

It's just another example of aintclever pretending to be superior, calling people thick but pulling his own pants down in the process.  When his answer was questioned further he came back with 'coz the covid virus is different, init mush' demonstrating his complete understanding of the subject once more :mcinnes:

He's right though, it is quite easy to understand, just not for him ;) 

10 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Measles vaccine protects for life, similar to the Polio vaccine.

Nope, not true.

Your risk of exposure to polioviruses in the United Kingdom is minimal, which is why you are unlikely to need a booster. The NHS recommends if you go to certain countries and haven't had a booster in 10 years you should do so. 

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/polio/

Edited by Matthew Le God

7 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Nope, not true.

Your risk of exposure to polioviruses in the United Kingdom is minimal, which is why you are unlikely to need a booster. The NHS recommends if you go to certain countries and haven't had a booster in 10 years you should do so. 

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/polio/

And if you don't go to those countries then it lasts a lifetime - as you've pointed out the risk of exposure in the UK is minimal.

Likewise, if I went to the moon, I'd wear a spacesuit!

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

It’s pretty clear from your posts during all this though that you’re not against it and are one of those that is living in fear for the last 21 months 

If it’s about what I want; I hate needles, I don’t want to get injected, I don’t like wearing masks, I don’t want to be locked down, I want to go to pubs and on holiday, I’m not in a demographic which is likely to get ill so… whatever. As far as I’m concerned we can all do what Tiss says; nothing and just crack on as if it doesn’t exist.

That’s not really what it’s about though, is it. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

And if you don't go to those countries then it lasts a lifetime - as you've pointed out the risk of exposure in the UK is minimal.

Nonsense. It isn't lifetime 'lasting' if it wanes to the point it is not effective enough after 10 years and the NHS advises another shot of it.

Edited by Matthew Le God

33 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Many thanks for 'man-splaining'.

However, Aintclever's original statement was :

Note that he uses 'vaccines' in the plural, implying all vaccines, which, as I stated, is horseshit.  Measles vaccine protects for life, similar to the Polio vaccine.

Influenza vaccines on the other hand give protection for a couple of weeks / months.

It's just another example of aintclever pretending to be superior, calling people thick but pulling his own pants down in the process.  When his answer was questioned further he came back with 'coz the covid virus is different, init mush' demonstrating his complete understanding of the subject once more :mcinnes:

He's right though, it is quite easy to understand, just not for him ;) 

I was obviously talking about covid vaccines you dumb cunt. It’s a thread about Covid, why would I be talking about Polio?

Edited by aintforever
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Likewise, if I went to the moon, I'd wear a spacesuit!

I'm beginning to hope you go and don't. There's no need for any of you to use offensive language and I appreciate you aren't the only one.

This thread seems to be generating more heat than light. Can I recommend the MD column in Private Eye for an informed look at the situation. He admits that as the virus has progressed and knowledge has expanded then scientific views have changed, eg: the extent of the impact of fomites.

I think we have to apply the precautionary principal until we know better. I'm a skier too but haven't planned anything for this winter yet, not because I'm particularly fearful but because similar issues apply. Much as I like powder snow you don't go out in level 4 conditions and you take precautions such as an avalanche bleep. The other issue is that the situation is changing so rapidly I could get stranded somewhere and without EU health cover.

The NHS is under resourced and there's plenty in the news about it already, and plenty of us have more direct experience, and people experiencing delays in other treatments whether from ICU beds occupied by covid patients (whatever the variant) or from staff absences. Vaccination and the booster do help and I do find the anti-vaxxers a PITA. Of course there are and have been side effects: anybody who has ever taken any meds and actually read the leaflet in the box will know that! My neighbour's fit-as-a-fiddle son has been seriously ill. But their attitude is like people escaping a forest fire and not wanting to cross a fire-break road because it might be dangerous. The fire might burn out behind you, but I'd not personally take the risk. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Why would you mention something so irrelavant on the Covid thread, as the common cold has no vaccines (when you made it clear you were talking about covid vaccines), you thick cunt?

How a population builds up immunity over time to a coronavirus is obviously relevant, surely even someone as slow as you can understand that?

3 hours ago, East Kent Saint said:

But had no influence on how people voted . What did was 1. North Shropshire felt they had been ignored by Boris , 2. They shut 4 local Ambulance stations plus on one day there were no Ambulances for emergency calls as they were all waiting at hospitals to admit their patients into the hospitals , 3. Shropshire is a farming community , the EU subsidies will cease in 2027 for food production but they haven’t been told what will replace it apart from environmental payments , nothing for producing food. The Brexiters say it will be a free market so cheap crap food can be imported to feed the poor people. Rees Mogg quote.

so 4 points to you for original post plus 4 points for your reply to add to the MLT nutters league total , putting you in sixth place . Merry xmas .😄

Just to confirm the only party who has a policy to reject vaccine passports won the first election after they were passed. That's a fact. Thanks for posting a load of waffle though. 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, JRM said:

Just to confirm the only party who has a policy to reject vaccine passports won the first election after they were passed. That's a fact. Thanks for posting a load of waffle though. 

Except half the Tory party are against Covid passports and they got a right kicking.

55 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Except half the Tory party are against Covid passports and they got a right kicking.

it's the tory party pushing through the passports, they are literally the party introducing them whereas Liberal Democrats official policy is opposed to them. 

1 minute ago, JRM said:

it's the tory party pushing through the passports, they are literally the party introducing them whereas Liberal Democrats official policy is opposed to them. 

Wouldn’t have made any difference IMO, Lib Dems are just the go to party for pissed-off Tories.

3 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Shock Omg GIF by discovery+

I'm just amazed more people don't question the modelling that is held up as gospel despite never being remotely correct. All part of the play. Media latch on to it and ask why we aren't seeing more restrictions and the govt get to bring them in. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JRM said:

I'm just amazed more people don't question the modelling that is held up as gospel despite never being remotely correct. All part of the play. Media latch on to it and ask why we aren't seeing more restrictions and the govt get to bring them in. 

we should be at around 1m cases per day.  We were told on Mon gone that it will double every day/other day.

Yet, all Peston and co can do is ask why we are not being locked in our houses.

3 minutes ago, JRM said:

Sick of it all.

We live in a country full of wet wipes that will say “I don’t want a lockdown, we shouldn’t have one” or “I hate wearing/seeing masks” but go along with it like a good little citizen when they come about. Same as there would be plenty that suck it up and following any Christmas mixing rules even in the face of the tories not giving one shit about any rules. 

We shouldn’t have the government threatening the young with “get your boosters or it’s lockdown” the young should be telling the government “put us in lockdown and your boosters will go out of date, fuck off” 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, suewhistle said:

I'm beginning to hope you go and don't. There's no need for any of you to use offensive language and I appreciate you aren't the only one.

This thread seems to be generating more heat than light. Can I recommend the MD column in Private Eye for an informed look at the situation. He admits that as the virus has progressed and knowledge has expanded then scientific views have changed, eg: the extent of the impact of fomites.

I think we have to apply the precautionary principal until we know better. I'm a skier too but haven't planned anything for this winter yet, not because I'm particularly fearful but because similar issues apply. Much as I like powder snow you don't go out in level 4 conditions and you take precautions such as an avalanche bleep. The other issue is that the situation is changing so rapidly I could get stranded somewhere and without EU health cover.

The NHS is under resourced and there's plenty in the news about it already, and plenty of us have more direct experience, and people experiencing delays in other treatments whether from ICU beds occupied by covid patients (whatever the variant) or from staff absences. Vaccination and the booster do help and I do find the anti-vaxxers a PITA. Of course there are and have been side effects: anybody who has ever taken any meds and actually read the leaflet in the box will know that! My neighbour's fit-as-a-fiddle son has been seriously ill. But their attitude is like people escaping a forest fire and not wanting to cross a fire-break road because it might be dangerous. The fire might burn out behind you, but I'd not personally take the risk. 

Bit rich coming from you sue when you’ve repeatedly called me a wanker over the years for no real reason. Don’t peach love when you’re one of the most foul fingered people on here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aintforever said:

You and Weston even share the same little pet name for me, how cute! You make a lovely couple.

It’s a great nickname, simple, accurate and 100% suits you. Better than calling people cunts which is your default setting when discussing anything 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Sick of it all.

We live in a country full of wet wipes that will say “I don’t want a lockdown, we shouldn’t have one” or “I hate wearing/seeing masks” but go along with it like a good little citizen when they come about. Same as there would be plenty that suck it up and following any Christmas mixing rules even in the face of the tories not giving one shit about any rules. 

We shouldn’t have the government threatening the young with “get your boosters or it’s lockdown” the young should be telling the government “put us in lockdown and your boosters will go out of date, fuck off” 

Easy to sort. Play safe,follow all the rules and live life as a virtual prisoner. Or stick up two fingers,do what you want but get admitted to a private hospital when the shit hits the fan ,with a big bill at the end.

It's called freedom of choice and everybody gets their own way.

• Confused 1

Just now, hackedoff said:

Easy to sort. Play safe,follow all the rules and live life as a virtual prisoner. Or stick up two fingers,do what you want but get admitted to a private hospital when the shit hits the fan ,with a big bill at the end.

Once all the non-vax'd covid patients are shunted to private health care, time for the obese & diabetic

3 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Once all the non-vax'd covid patients are shunted to private health care, time for the obese & diabetic

85people in hospital in the whole of the UK with suspected Omicron. Up from 65 yesterday. 20 admissions not 2000 predicted 

Edited by Turkish

3 minutes ago, hackedoff said:

They can be joined by anybody that drinks alcohol, smokes cigarettes, takes drugs, is obese, isn’t vegan, doesn’t drive an electric car, hasn’t got rid of their gas boiler, hasn’t insulated their house. 
The NHS is going to be pretty quiet isn’t it? 

• Like 1

Just now, RedArmy said:

They can be joined by anybody that drinks alcohol, smokes cigarettes, takes drugs, is obese, isn’t vegan, doesn’t drive an electric car, hasn’t got rid of their gas boiler, hasn’t insulated their house. 

What has insulation got to do with anything?

If anyone still wants to carry on the name calling, crack on.

As for the actual topic; I’ve still yet to hear what people would actually do in this situation. I couldn’t give two sh*ts about sage models, obese people and loft insulation. What do we actually want the government and population to do? Bearing in mind we’ve already tried the my body - my choice approach where everyone can get the jab if they want to and if you don’t, it’s fine no bother. What should we be doing from now on?

9 minutes ago, hackedoff said:

Have those people not paid taxes? Your way isn’t freedom of choice, it is selective based on your own beliefs.

1 minute ago, aintforever said:

What has insulation got to do with anything?

They’ll be using far too much heating unnecessarily and that is selfish behaviour that contributes to global warming. Not the sort of person we want getting free healthcare that they’ve paid tax and national insurance to help fund. 

1 minute ago, RedArmy said:

They’ll be using far too much heating unnecessarily and that is selfish behaviour that contributes to global warming. Not the sort of person we want getting free healthcare that they’ve paid tax and national insurance to help fund. 

How is someone not being able to afford decent insulation selfish?

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

If anyone still wants to carry on the name calling, crack on.

As for the actual topic; I’ve still yet to hear what people would actually do in this situation. I couldn’t give two sh*ts about sage models, obese people and loft insulation. What do we actually want the government and population to do? Bearing in mind we’ve already tried the my body - my choice approach where everyone can get the jab if they want to and if you don’t, it’s fine no bother. What should we be doing from now on?

I think people are doing what they believe in, hence the different groups on here, voicing opinions.

i think the media want shocking headlines as it suits their agenda, the government get to hide behind CoVid to push the real shit show into the background, and all the time we dont actually know what the right approach is.

Personally, I’m fully vaccinated, i think this is going to turn out milder than Delta, but agree it is right to be more cautious right now.

If they lock down (lite version), do it now, when it can help, and not until after new year when less likely to actually help.

I’d rather people moaning we were too cautious and it turns our they were right than carry on as if nothing was happening and it is as deadly or worse than Delta.

6 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Have those people not paid taxes? Your way isn’t freedom of choice, it is selective based on your own beliefs.

People who do want  what they want,when the want and expect a free safety net when things go tits-up, deserve all they get.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hackedoff said:

People who do want  what they want,when the want and expect a free safety net when things go tits-up, deserve all they get.

Or they deserve the same access to treatment as everyone else.

I had someone moaning at me today as I haven’t vaccinated my 7yo and nearly 12 yo children. Should they not have access to treatment if i choose not to vaccinate them?

Edited by Billy the Kidd
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Why would driving an electric car or having a gas boiler effect the NHS ? 

24 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Personally, I’m fully vaccinated, i think this is going to turn out milder than Delta, but agree it is right to be more cautious right now.

I don’t think they have much choice. Until they know how much milder it is (if it is) because the way it spreads and evades immunity means it could potentially be very bad. The data from SA looks promising but it depends how much of the milder illness is because people were reinfected not because the virus is less severe.

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Bit rich coming from you sue when you’ve repeatedly called me a wanker over the years for no real reason. Don’t peach love when you’re one of the most foul fingered people on here.

Just quoting that. Not sure if you’re aware but Sue has got you on ignore. Not many people realise it tbf, she doesn’t mention it very much (about as often as she doesn’t mention playing football).

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Just quoting that. Not sure if you’re aware but Sue has got you on ignore. Not many people realise it tbf, she doesn’t mention it very much (about as often as she doesn’t mention playing football).

Has she? I wasn’t aware, thanks for letting me know. You’re right I don’t think she’s mentioned it

Wonder if MLT and his fanboys can understand this information?

Serie A: 98% of players double vaccinated.

Ligue 1: 95% of players double vaccinated.

Bundesliga: 94% of players double vaccinated.

La Liga: 90%+ of players double vaccinated.

Premier League: 68% of players doubled vaccinated.

Only one league with fixtures being cancelled.

Edited by whelk

4 minutes ago, whelk said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goal.com/en/amp/news/bale-joins-list-of-six-real-madrid-players-positive-for-covid-19-/blt4ddb66d57e0aedd3

They’re all about to go into their winter break, they don’t need to worry about being able to field 11 first team players for what should have been 4 games in the next 2 weeks. 

9 minutes ago, whelk said:

That's fascinating. Proof that you can't catch covid if you have your two jabs. 

1 hour ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Or they deserve the same access to treatment as everyone else.

I had someone moaning at me today as I haven’t vaccinated my 7yo and nearly 12 yo children. Should they not have access to treatment if i choose not to vaccinate them?

What if, after we’ve treated all the vaccinated patients who are clinically vulnerable and all the outpatient care for other conditions, we physically don’t have enough doctors, nurses and ward space available to treat unvaccinated patients? Who gets bumped then?

1 minute ago, Lighthouse said:

What if, after we’ve treated all the vaccinated patients who are clinically vulnerable and all the outpatient care for other conditions, we physically don’t have enough doctors, nurses and ward space available to treat unvaccinated patients? Who gets bumped then?

The government. Who have put more effort into lining their own pockets than increasing NHS capacity to sufficiently deal with a new threat. 

• Like 1