COVID and Football (Merged)

Chris cooper

3 minutes ago, Saint_Jonny said:

It's like me randomly linking the increase in some negative thing that has happened since vaccines to people having vaccines. Anyone can link two things together to suit their agenda, and then throw their hands up in the air and say "well unless it's looked into we just don't know do we!" - it's a shit stirring tactic used by idiots. Wait...that sounds like you! You do this all the time! Fuck me, no wonder you're on MLT's side :D 

its a bit like people who read/hear stuff and do not actually comprehend or listen to what the person has said. Instead they get all angry, sweary and name calling because they aren't bright enough or too deeply entrenched in their own position to dare to accept anyone might question it or have a different view, let alone bother to listen to what they're view is. It happens on here all the time, i would say a tactic but generally these people are too idiotic to have tactics. Wait.... that sounds like you! You do this all  the time. Fuck me, no wonder your didn't understand what MLT actually said. :D

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

its a bit like people who read/hear stuff and do not actually comprehend or listen to what the person has said. Instead they get all angry, sweary and name calling because they aren't bright enough or too deeply entrenched in their own position to dare to accept anyone might question it or have a different view, let alone bother to listen to what they're view is. It happens on here all the time, i would say a tactic but generally these people are too idiotic to have tactics. Wait.... that sounds like you! You do this all  the time. Fuck me, no wonder your didn't understand what MLT actually said. :D

Superb - absolutely vacuous as always. 

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Just now, Saint_Jonny said:

Superb - absolutely vacuous as always. 

I rest my case

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

If anyone thinks Tiss is simply asking the questions, which need to be asked, with an open mind and an unbiased outlook, this is the kind of tripe he is currently retweeting. The guy wont even accept that COVID exists as an airborne pathogen and we're supposed to listen to his medical 'advice'.

Why?

I'm more than capable of not listening to his medical advice.

Among many, many others, I also don't listen to the medical advice from my local Chinese takeaway owner - his advice on sweet and sour king prawn balls on the hand....

6 hours ago, Millbrook Saint said:

Not sure what he said wrong to be honest, whilst I'd disagree about the number of on field heart issues, can't think of too many to be honest.  But he is right an investigation would help identify the issue, whether it be vaccine or covid related, or something else.  Surely that would be a good thing?

I'm fully vaccinated, with my booster due this week, but he's correct, people should be given all the information, the number of deaths from the vaccine, compared to deaths from other vaccines, the demographic of the people who died. 

They should be open about the number of people who've died from the Omicron variant, not with it, we've all heard the stories of people with terminal cancer who died with covid, with cause of death put as covid, when clearly they were on their last legs.

Not only that, what's happened to the scientist from South Africa who first identified the Omicron variant, she said it's far more mild than the others, she doesn't seem to be getting any airtime, whilst the doom mongers are everywhere.  This is what's not helping.

Transparency is what's needed so people can make their own minds up, this onslaught of fear mongering will only work for so long, before people start refusing to do as they say.

I for one will not be staying in, I'll be going to pubs and football, I'll also mix with who I like, I'd rather live a year enjoying myself than 10 being locked down in all but name

I'm totally with you on what you say. I think MLT goes a bit too far though a lot of the time and gives himself a bit of a reputation, he jumps too far to the 'bill gates has microchipped' everyone angle, but on this specific video it does seem as if some haven't really bothered to listen what he said.

I do think there needs to be an investigation into the cardiac situation. I myself had a cardiac reaction to my first dose of AZ, collapsed the night after I had it with horrible tight chest and palpations. Went to the hospital, they did tests and whilst they saw there was an irregularity at the time they could never pin point the cause and thus I was let go and I've been fine since. I don't think they looked deep enough though and they really weren't interested in me saying I'd had the vaccination 12 hrs earlier, it was like I was speaking a foreign language whenever I mentioned it.

I'd also agree with the way the reporting is strung out. The 'with' and 'of' are very key definitions in the data and that needs to be made clear - but it isn't. As John Campbell eloquently put (i think it was him) - everyone who goes into hospital for any condition at the moment is very likely to have the virus or at least contract it in hospital due to the spread of the virus. I don't think the government are painting a clear picture, they seem to be playing the fear game rather than being fully transparent in my eyes. All we see is fear, fear, fear, panic, panic, panic. We're not being given the full picture to make reasoned choices ourselves.

The point about the South African lady is an interesting one - she hasn't got much mainstream airtime at all, but as soon as she did feature on ITV they were quick to really dismiss it in the gov press conferences.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 1

On 16/12/2021 at 10:39, CB Fry said:

With your going-in hypothesis being what?

When you are talking about the vast majority of all adults in the country being vaccinated an "all cause" mortality report is not going to give you what you think it is going to give you. You might as well do a "all cause" mortality report based on whether or not people own a black pullover across the population.

You've taken a report that is fundamentally about the effectiveness of the vaccine and decided to pick out threads of "raw data" to try and show a different story by presenting the data out of context.

I feel like you are just a slightly more articulate SalmonSi.

Well despite your dismissal of all cause mortality reports ( based on who knows what) and  leaving aside your pretty baseless claims about me “ cherry picking data” , here is a Professor from Queen  Mary  university of London, an expert in medical data and decision making, who thinks all cause mortality comparisons are actually important.

Edited by teamsaint

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

true, stick to the party line otherwise loose lips sink ships.

It's a generation defining moment isn't it, instead of being sat in an old person's home discussing whether we were at the somme or Ypres we'll discuss what happened during the great pandemic of 2020s, which variant did you have? Ah I was one of the Omicrons.  

11 minutes ago, JRM said:

It's a generation defining moment isn't it, instead of being sat in an old person's home discussing whether we were at the somme or Ypres we'll discuss what happened during the great pandemic of 2020s, which variant did you have? Ah I was one of the Omicrons.  

Or when grandchilden ask us what we did during the great pandemic of the 2020s we can tell them we sat on our arses watching Netflix as we were too scared to leave the house 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

The problem is, he’s being in no way objective about it. He’s just determined for it to be about vaccines causing long term heart failures because it fits his agenda. When people point out that some of the examples he quoted weren’t even vaccinated at the time, he just blanks them. When some random account quotes stats about, "a 300% increase in myocardytis," (yes, it was spelled incorrectly) he’s all over it like a rat on a pork pie, despite myocarditis not actually being diagnosed and no actual evidence being provided of anything.

The thing is questions like "Is MLT being objective?", "Is he just asking questions?", "Does he have an agenda?" are a bit pointless imo.

It's like saying "I entrusted my 8 year old to paint the guest bedroom, did he have an honest go at it or did he piss about?" The answer is, it doesn't matter, he is so wildly unqualified that his earnest attempts and him fucking around have pretty equal relevance and outcome.

This is why we hire professional scientists.

31 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Or when grandchilden ask us what we did during the great pandemic of the 2020s we can tell them we sat on our arses watching Netflix as we were too scared to leave the house 

"Hey grandad, when there was a heavily transmissible virus killing millions world wide did you isolate from others to prevent the spread?"

"No I did not, I wasn't scared of the virus, do you think I am some sort of pussy?! I endangered my fellow man by aiding the spread so I could have a pint at the local, like a real hero would"

Edited by TWar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Why?

Among many, many others, I also don't listen to the medical advice from my local Chinese takeaway owner - his advice on sweet and sour king prawn balls on the hand....

Quite. I'm not sure why people are getting so irritated by it. It's hardly likely that someone wavering about the vaccine will log in to twitter and be swayed by the "advice" of Tiss. He's a man with opinions and spouts them as he's entitled to. Who gives a shit. 

25 minutes ago, TWar said:

"Hey grandad, when there was a heavily transmissible virus killing millions world wide did you isolate from others to prevent the spread?"

"No I did not, I wasn't scared of the virus, do you think I am some sort of pussy?! I endangered my fellow man by aiding the spread so I could have a pint at the local, like a real hero would"

“No I didn’t. I kept working whilst lots of people were enjoying being paid to sit at home on their arses. I actually caught it myself but didn’t take a day off sick, I got the vaccine and took a calculated risk to carry on living a normal life as possible so your dad didn’t spend his childhood locked in the house getting fat and depressed”

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Remember, it is just a coincidence, and MLT is the lunatic

FG0qBcIXEA4vkWU.jpg

Full source here:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/datasets/deathsbyvaccinationstatusengland

EDIT: Pretty sure it's bullshit, but realised they used a weird date spacing not used in the original study. This makes it tricky to disprove. The study does have an age averaged death per vaccine plotted here:

Here is the official plot from the study:

image.thumb.png.9d70cfdb965a236bd4d338d0511127d4.png

Edited by TWar

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

“No I didn’t. I kept working whilst lots of people were enjoying being paid to sit at home on their arses. I actually caught it myself but didn’t take a day off sick, I got the vaccine and took a calculated risk to carry on living a normal life as possible so your dad didn’t spend his childhood locked in the house getting fat and depressed”

"Grandad, you went to work while infected with a disease that is potentially fatal to people with a compromised immune system just so you could get an extra couple of days of work in? Explain to me how that helped anyone get back to normal more than isolating, and why it was worth it to potentially kill your fellow citizens?"

5 minutes ago, egg said:

Quite. I'm not sure why people are getting so irritated by it. It's hardly likely that someone wavering about the vaccine will log in to twitter and be swayed by the "advice" of Tiss. He's a man with opinions and spouts them as he's entitled to. Who gives a shit. 

It's because some people regurgitate facts fed to them completely uncritically regardless of source and it convinces them to do stupid bullshit like going into work while infected. I'm not worried that MLT will influence me, I'm worried he'll influence a bunch of idiots and they will keep spreading the disease, giving it opportunities to mutate, and keeping things super dangerous for the immunocompromised.

11 minutes ago, TWar said:

It's because some people regurgitate facts fed to them completely uncritically regardless of source and it convinces them to do stupid bullshit like going into work while infected. I'm not worried that MLT will influence me, I'm worried he'll influence a bunch of idiots and they will keep spreading the disease, giving it opportunities to mutate, and keeping things super dangerous for the immunocompromised.

Forget all the science, that doesn't help your argument. Anyone who's not had a vaccine already has decided they're not having one. You're not convincing me that a decision will be influenced by Tiss. This is just about people like you enjoying a whinge. 

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Why?

This. 

Whether it’s John Lennon being asked about the Vietnam war or Charlton Heston discussing poverty, famous people have always discussed stuff not connected to their skills. The difference nowadays is the snowflakes get upset about it, nobody shouted “oi Lennon, what do you know about it, stick to writing songs” , when he was sat in a bag with his weird Mrs. It’s not really about Matt giving his opinion, it’s that he’s giving the wrong opinion. If he sat there saying “get your booster jab, social distance & wear a mask” the people moaning about him wouldn’t say “what the fuck does he know, he’s just a footballer”. He’s not dangerous, or thick, or any other bits of pony I’ve read on here. He’s just a bloke who has a different opinion than most (me included). 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, egg said:

Yes they will, that’s the problem. Maybe not him individually but there are people out there who fashion their lives around sh*te they see on TV and social media. There are people out there who just don’t identify with crusty old doctors and professors in whatever, who are much more likely to listen to a footballer, a page 3 girl and Gaz from Love Island.

You say people are unlikely to be swayed by the likes of Tiss and yet here he is, right in front of our faces, believing nonsense from random, anonymous Twitter accounts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, egg said:

Forget all the science, that doesn't help your argument. Anyone who's not had a vaccine already has decided they're not having one. You're not convincing me that a decision will be influenced by Tiss. This is just about people like you enjoying a whinge. 

What do you think made these idiots make the decision not to have the vaccine in the first place? People like MLT. 

The idiots who thought the vaccine would lead to mass death are being disproven pretty easily, so eventually the fervent anti-vaxxers will slowly move across to getting it after a few of their mates get the virus and they realise its actually very unpleasant. People like MLT slow that embarrassing waddle back to the side of science by pinning random unrelated deaths on the vaccine. Thus reducing vaccine uptake and endangering lives.

Just now, Lighthouse said:

Yes they will, that’s the problem. Maybe not him individually but there are people out there who fashion their lives around sh*te they see on TV and social media. There are people out there who just don’t identify with crusty old doctors and professors in whatever, who are much more likely to listen to a footballer, a page 3 girl and Gaz from Love Island.

You say people are unlikely to be swayed by the likes of Tiss and yet here he is, right in front of our faces, believing nonsense from random, anonymous Twitter accounts.

So what do you want to do, ban them from giving their views, ban people from broadcasting them? That’s a slippery slope to go down. If people are so uneducated that they get their medical advise from a footballer, actor or musician, then I’d have a look at the Woke schools that have clearly failed. 

However, it’s not really about him not being a doctor, or professional, it’s about the opinion he holds. You’d have no problem with him speaking out if he shared yours. 

5 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

This. 

Whether it’s John Lennon being asked about the Vietnam war or Charlton Heston discussing poverty, famous people have always discussed stuff not connected to their skills. The difference nowadays is the snowflakes get upset about it, nobody shouted “oi Lennon, what do you know about it, stick to writing songs” , when he was sat in a bag with his weird Mrs. It’s not really about Matt giving his opinion, it’s that he’s giving the wrong opinion. If he sat there saying “get your booster jab, social distance & wear a mask” the people moaning about him wouldn’t say “what the fuck does he know, he’s just a footballer”. He’s not dangerous, or thick, or any other bits of pony I’ve read on here. He’s just a bloke who has a different opinion than most (me included). 

It's because people shouldn't be poor or war kills a lot of innocents are much simpler concepts than the efficacy of a COVID vaccine.

It doesn't take a genius to say "people starving is bad" but I don't trust MLT to understand how vaccines effect peoples cardiac health.

2 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

So what do you want to do, ban them from giving their views, ban people from broadcasting them? That’s a slippery slope to go down. If people are so uneducated that they get their medical advise from a footballer, actor or musician, then I’d have a look at the Woke schools that have clearly failed. 

However, it’s not really about him not being a doctor, or professional, it’s about the opinion he holds. You’d have no problem with him speaking out if he shared yours. 

The woke schools from the 70s and 80s? As from my observations the vast majority of antivax nutters are 45 and up.

29 minutes ago, TWar said:

"Grandad, you went to work while infected with a disease that is potentially fatal to people with a compromised immune system just so you could get an extra couple of days of work in? Explain to me how that helped anyone get back to normal more than isolating, and why it was worth it to potentially kill your fellow citizens?"

“No I worked from home, I isolated for the 10 days and was still able to carry out my job” 

Just now, Turkish said:

“No I worked from home, I isolated for the 10 days and was still able to carry out my job” 

So isolation is good then?

Glad we are on the same page, earlier you seemed to imply sitting on ones arse and watching netflix isn't objectively the best way to stop the virus, but since we both agree it is (unless you have a few years experience in scientific research) then I guess we agree.

Watching tiger king with a frozen pizza = good

Going to the pub and crying all about your "freedom" whist not following guidelines = bad

14 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

You know we already ban the spread of dangerous views, right? Like it's illegal to incite violence or spread racial hatred etc.

Edited by TWar

4 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

I’d certainly ban people from sharing dangerous medical misinformation. If somebody was sharing ‘information’ that the Britains economic problems were really all the Jews fault or that standing near black people for too long gives you cancer, would that be acceptable on social media? They just have an ‘alternative opinion’ right? No, of course not. That kind of nonsense has no place in a civilised society and neither does dangerous misinformation.

Your second paragraph is incorrect too. What it’s about is the fact that he has no medical expertise whatsoever and yet he’s daring to suggest he knows more than some of the cleverest people in the world who’ve spent decades researching immunology in laboratories, with actual evidence and actual science, collecting actual data. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Remember, it is just a coincidence, and MLT is the lunatic

FG0qBcIXEA4vkWU.jpg

Whats the context to this ? original link needed if you can from ons

50million plus people in the uk have had both vaccines, so i would expect more deaths.

Dont tell le tissier that in 2017 due to the flu vaccine not having the right mix a good 50,000 excess deaths in uk.  

Edited by SaintsLoyal

5 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Your second paragraph is incorrect too. What it’s about is the fact that he has no medical expertise whatsoever and yet he’s daring to suggest he knows more than some of the cleverest people in the world who’ve spent decades researching immunology in laboratories, with actual evidence and actual science, collecting actual data. 

Would you ban Matt Dawson's advert where he is trying to flog a "CE" marked medical device (a light!) that cures pain?

4 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Would you ban Matt Dawson's advert where he is trying to flog a "CE" marked medical device (a light!) that cures pain?

The advertising standards authority already bans medical products without sufficient proof of efficacy:

Before distributing or submitting a marketing communication for publication, marketers must hold documentary evidence to prove claims that consumers are likely to regard as objective and that are capable of objective substantiation. The ASA may regard claims as misleading in the absence of adequate substantiation.

Source: https://www.asa.org.uk/type/non_broadcast/code_section/03.html (3.7)

15 minutes ago, TWar said:

So isolation is good then?

Glad we are on the same page, earlier you seemed to imply sitting on ones arse and watching netflix isn't objectively the best way to stop the virus, but since we both agree it is (unless you have a few years experience in scientific research) then I guess we agree.

Watching tiger king with a frozen pizza = good

Going to the pub and crying all about your "freedom" whist not following guidelines = bad

Yep when you’ve got it 10 days isolation is fine. When you haven’t then carry on and sitting at home in your arse terrified to go out is bad. It’s not hard to understand 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Yep when you’ve got it 10 days isolation is fine. When you haven’t then carry on and sitting at home in your arse terrified to go out is bad. It’s not hard to understand 

Just do what the experts advise, it's really as simple as that. We have organisations like the WHO and NHS advice for a reason.

The the experts advise arse sitting then do some arse sitting, and don't cry about it. If they say avoid gatherings like christmas parties like they have this year then maybe do that too. If they say its fine to have a pint, do that if you fancy it

Edited by TWar

20 minutes ago, aintforever said:

It’s a shame because Le Tiss was my hero growing up, he’s clearly lost the plot, you can’t blame Sky for getting shot.

His leaving Sky has nothing to do with covid. He left for the same reason Stelling is leaving, and Merse would have if he didn't need the money. I won't go into the reason, but it has nothing to do with this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Is that the experts who said without a shadow of a doubt we would have 100k cases by the end of August if measures like wearing face masks weren't kept in place or different ones?

So if you don't make every prediction perfectly your less credible than some random who hasn't even been to uni? Despite years of experience and qualifications?

31 minutes ago, TWar said:

Just do what the experts advise, it's really as simple as that. We have organisations like the WHO and NHS advice for a reason.

The the experts advise arse sitting then do some arse sitting, and don't cry about it. If they say avoid gatherings like christmas parties like they have this year then maybe do that too. If they say its fine to have a pint, do that if you fancy it

The experts aren't telling us to sit on our arses at home though. It's people like you, the non experts, who are telling us whilst criticising other non qualified people for telling people what to do. 

I was seriously ill with COVID. It was horrendous. It took me quite a while to get back to normal.

However - I’m now firmly in the camp of we need to live alongside it. 

As it stands and from the limited data we have, Omicron is clearly more transmissible. That’s a given. What we don’t know for sure is its potency to cause serious illness. We have indicators, but not surety.

That said, the media and government are not helping matters at all. The hysteria and hype of something we all knew would happen is hugely misleading.

We have ‘experts’ telling people cold symptoms are almost guaranteed to be omicron. Two weeks ago, I got a cold. Scratchy throat, headaches, bunged up and snotty nose. Then a cough. I tested every day - negative.

Should I truly be isolating for a cold? There are other seasonal viruses out there, but telling the population you should sh1t your pants at the first sign of a sniffle is ridiculous.

Additionally, there is only one reported death from omicron worldwide. Who reported it? The UK. To top it off, no one can accurately say who has been hospitalised with it… though instead of saying ‘we don’t know’ and being honest, we’ve had politician after politician lie about it. That erodes trust completely. 

My parents rarely venture outside any more. They run to another room if I’m around, communicating through a wall while wearing a mask. Fine, that’s their prerogative but it’s shocking to see my own parents cowed by the hysteria and mania gripping the country.

Irrespective, it’s up to you how you play this. Err on the side of caution or live your life how you want to but do it sensibly, neither answer is more wrong or right. I still take all the precautions I think I need to take and I’m still testing every day so I know where I’m at.

What I won’t be doing is believing everything the government says, everything that absolute berk from SAGE ‘models’ and within reason (and unless proven otherwise), trying to continue my life in the best way possible.

As for the virus, it’s not what it might or might not do to you, but if you’re infectious what it might do to others is the crux. If you’ve got half a brain I’d like to think you’d manage those risks and who you interact with and where to minimise transmission or infection - be responsible and mindful of the current situation.

Early indicators are that this is more infectious but less deadly, so maybe we should tread a little carefully for now - not grind everything to a halt when we don’t actually know enough to make a call either way.

But one thing is for sure… we should not be cowed or terror stricken by the doom-mongery everywhere. Let’s have all the facts, good and bad, risks and everything else and let the people decide what sits comfortably with them and how they want to go about it.

Just now, Weston Super Saint said:

And yet, when the 'experts' were advising that mask wearing should continue to be legally enforced during the summer or we would have 100k infections daily by the end of August, that 'advice' was proven to be incorrect.

Do you think that makes future advice as valuable as yours? Some guy on a forum?

1 minute ago, egg said:

The experts aren't telling us to sit on our arses at home though. It's people like you, the non experts, who are telling us whilst criticising other non qualified people for telling people what to do. 

The experts definitely did say to avoid Christmas parties

• Confused 1