COVID and Football (Merged)

Chris cooper

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

But remember of the 1700 or so people who died in the UK today Boris has found one who tested positive for Omicron in the last 28 days. So work from home and get your booster so you can have you vaccine passport you cretinous individual 

So will you be declining your booster Del? 

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I am also curious if why will the COVID pass rules change to reflect the need for 3 jabs once most adults have had it. Surely by them, we won't need COVID passes?!

I think it's inevitable that 3 jabs for a pass, and a pass to do most things, is coming. 

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

It will never go away one way or another. We all know it deep down

Yep, sure is. The panic in people since Boris's announcement is unbelievable. Christmas events being cancelled all over the place, and people looking like the world is ending. Gotta live with this and crack on with life. 

This Pass thing is brilliant. 

I'm looking forward to Climate Emergency Passes. The selfish, antisocial swines who haven't gone vegan, got electric cars, solar panels, and ground source heating should be excluded from society, humiliated and interned in camps. Then exterminated. 

Edited by adrian lord
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, egg said:

Yep, sure is. The panic in people since Boris's announcement is unbelievable. Christmas events being cancelled all over the place, and people looking like the world is ending. Gotta live with this and crack on with life. 

They’ve spread the fear though with all the scare mongering about the “tidal wave of omicron coming our way” 1m cases by Christmas and all the other nonsense. 

Just now, Turkish said:

They’ve spread the fear though with all the scare mongering about the “tidal wave of omicron coming our way” 1m cases by Christmas and all the other nonsense. 

Omicron emergency, cancelling thousands of appointments, turfing patients out of hospitals into hotels.

GET BOOSTED NOW!

It is a total farce

• Like 2

Just now, Turkish said:

Yep. The youngsters at work are shitting themselves. Sad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

They can pass on the infection to those around them some of whom may well be unvaccinated themselves for whatever reason. Even those who are vaccinated are not fully protected and there are those people who are vulnerable through no fault of their own.

In short, it would be very selfish and antisocial behaviour.

Being unvaccinated does not make them permanently infected. 

53 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

Being unvaccinated does not make them permanently infected. 

True. Sometimes they die.

It’s the period whilst they’re infectious that’s the problem. Surely the basics are obvious? If you’re unvaccinated then you’re much more likely to spread the disease than if you’re vaccinated.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, adrian lord said:

This Pass thing is brilliant. 

I'm looking forward to Climate Emergency Passes. The selfish, antisocial swines who haven't gone vegan, got electric cars, solar panels, and ground source heating should be excluded from society, humiliated and interned in camps. Then exterminated. 

It's the football pass I'm waiting for.

Proof you've never taken a foam hand to a game, worn your team's shirt over the top of your normal clothes or filmed yourself watching a game on a selfie stick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I am also curious if why will the COVID pass rules change to reflect the need for 3 jabs once most adults have had it. Surely by them, we won't need COVID passes?!

It doesn't work like that.

Effective protection from current vaccines seems to last about 3 months so people like me who were boosted at the beginning of October will suffer waning effectiveness of the booster by the beginning of Jan 2022. I am expecting that there will then be an announcement of a second booster, hence the rush to complete first boosters before they free up resources to start administering "second" boosters.

Vaccine passports will need to be updated at each stage and individuals will likely need to be at the latest level of vaccination protection fro the passport to be valid.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Fuck me, a second booster. 

We might as well walk around with an intravenous booster drip constantly feeding shit into our arms. 

There is no evidence to suggest the booster will last just three months.

They can’t add the booster jab to the Covid passport until a reasonable time has passed for everyone to have had it. And that’s a farce cos despite Boris targeting 31 Dec if other areas are like mine it ain’t gonna happen. I live in Bournemouth and the booking mechanism wants me to go to Salisbury. They can eff right off.

Common sense and logical to try and reduce problems inside football stadiums with something simple of being jabbed or a negative test.

The alternative to that is not having any fans in games, which might well happen anyway in January. 

Anyone who think this is a conspiracy or any other human rights bollocks, needs to see a psychiatrist. 

Edited by SaintsLoyal
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, beatlesaint said:

There is no evidence to suggest the booster will last just three months.

They can’t add the booster jab to the Covid passport until a reasonable time has passed for everyone to have had it. And that’s a farce cos despite Boris targeting 31 Dec if other areas are like mine it ain’t gonna happen. I live in Bournemouth and the booking mechanism wants me to go to Salisbury. They can eff right off.

That’s the target but I’d be highly surprised if the cut off for the passports is having a booster by 31st December. There are people who will be going away for Christmas who won’t even be back home until the new year, they’ve got no chance of getting jabbed before they go away. They will probably give people until the end of January or some other arbitrary line in the sand, to give everyone a fair chance.

16 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

True. Sometimes they die.

It’s the period whilst they’re infectious that’s the problem. Surely the basics are obvious? If you’re unvaccinated then you’re much more likely to spread the disease than if you’re vaccinated.

Wrong there is a recent article in the Lancet that says the vaccinated have higher viral loads than unvaccinated potentially making the vaccinated more of a danger

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richardc said:

Wrong there is a recent article in the Lancet that says the vaccinated have higher viral loads than unvaccinated potentially making the vaccinated more of a danger

You mean this article which states they might be similar but also that the chances of spreading are overall lower as the vaccine helps you fight off infection much faster overall?

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00648-4/fulltext

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

You mean this article which states they might be similar but also that the chances of spreading are overall lower as the vaccine helps you fight off infection much faster overall?

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00648-4/fulltext

No I mean the one that says vaccinated have higher viral loads https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)02243-1/fulltext

21 minutes ago, richardc said:

No I mean the one that says vaccinated have higher viral loads https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(21)02243-1/fulltext

That's an opinion piece which provides no data whatsoever regarding viral load. It just make haphazard reference to obscure numbers of infections.

12 minutes ago, LiberalCommunist said:

And sits back and waits for the scared little fish to bite.........

The only people scared are those who refuse to get vaccinated because of a blood clotting risk comparable to if you ate a Ginsters pasty.

35 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

That's an opinion piece which provides no data whatsoever regarding viral load. It just make haphazard reference to obscure numbers of infections.

The only people scared are those who refuse to get vaccinated because of a blood clotting risk comparable to if you ate a Ginsters pasty.

and just like that an article in the Lancet written by a renowned medical professor who has written over 300 publications with 11,000 citations and who writes an article fully referenced with all the data is instantly dismissed by a fully qualified moderator because he doesn't understand the haphazard numbers. 

Maybe you also dont understand the numbers of 1.7 million serious reactions to covid vaccines in US and Europe. The fact that covid is not particularly serious for the younger generation, why there are over 300 athletes this year with cardiac issues and no explanation. or maybe people may be cynical because they were told 2 doses was 95% effective at stopping the disease and now it offers limited protection and now its three doses but in Israel who are ahead of us its now 4 doses.

etc etc

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

So, how exactly do you know that the unvaxxed are “scared”  ? Any actual evidence ? 

meanwhile , in real news, still not a shred of evidence that vaccine passports have any public health benefit whatsoever.But both big parties just wave them through anyway.

That is something that we should all think long and hard about.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

Hahaha you wanted the government to lock you in your house whilst the rest of us wanted to get out and enjoy our freedom, but good try with the "you're the scared ones" 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, richardc said:

and just like that an article in the Lancet written by a renowned medical professor who has written over 300 publications with 11,000 citations and who writes an article fully referenced with all the data is instantly dismissed by a fully qualified moderator because he doesn't understand the haphazard numbers. 

Maybe you also dont understand the numbers of 1.7 million serious reactions to covid vaccines in US and Europe. The fact that covid is not particularly serious for the younger generation, why there are over 300 athletes this year with cardiac issues and no explanation. or maybe people may be cynical because they were told 2 doses was 95% effective at stopping the disease and now it offers limited protection and now its three doses but in Israel who are ahead of us its now 4 doses.

etc etc

Great post Richard, Israel's 3 doses don't seem to be effective do they. 

The world has gone completely mad, we don't want the NHS to be overwhelmed (like it has been every winter for 20+ years) so let's give it an impossible target to jab millions of healthy people whilst pausing treatment of ill people who now won't get to see GP / have the hip op they were waiting for. Bonkers. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, JRM said:

Hahaha you wanted the government to lock you in your house whilst the rest of us wanted to get out and enjoy our freedom

I know but I went out and got my vaccinations so now I'm allowed out the house and can basically do whatever I want. God I'm so stupid, I really should've thought this through first.

8 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I know but I went out and got my vaccinations so now I'm allowed out the house and can basically do whatever I want. God I'm so stupid, I really should've thought this through first.

wont stop you getting or passing it on. Great work!

Of course, Passports do not apply to/in Parliament!

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, fanimal said:

Well I have had the email from the club, filled out the online form and had confirmation immediately so I am ok for the next three games.

Simple and no after effects a bit like the jabs really

Not at all clear imo.

“If possible” wtf does that mean to the double jabbed? 

B7D0C803-93E5-49F1-BABE-2B164B9911D9.jpeg

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

I haven’t been to the ground for years but I do find it funny how some people find it hard to accept wearing a face covering inside any venue even for a short space of time.

Yes, there is a counter-argument saying you’re essentially in a bowl outside with 25,000 other people who aren’t wearing masks during the game so why bother wearing it inside, but the point is you’re outside, not an indoor closed spaced.

Wearing a mask not only reduces the risk for you of catching/giving it, but also for other people.

I’m double jabbed and still wear a face mask nine hours a day when I work, is it an inconvenience, not in the slightest, would I prefer everyone continued wearing them for the foreseeable future, absolutely.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

I haven’t been to the ground for years but I do find it funny how some people find it hard to accept wearing a face covering inside any venue even for a short space of time.

Yes, there is a counter-argument saying you’re essentially in a bowl outside with 25,000 other people who aren’t wearing masks during the game so why bother wearing it inside, but the point is you’re outside, not an indoor closed spaced.

Wearing a mask not only reduces the risk for you of catching/giving it, but also for other people.

I’m double jabbed and still wear a face mask nine hours a day when I work, is it an inconvenience, not in the slightest, would I prefer everyone continued wearing them for the foreseeable future, absolutely.

You are effectively a leper then, you’re nothing unless you’ve had a booster 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Yes it will. Not 100% but much better than nothing.

Are some people really are that simple?

The point is it's nowhere near 100%, and debatable whether it does at all with Omicron.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/medical/omicron-wave-driven-by-young-healthy-vaccinated-population/ar-AARLYs6?ocid=msedgntp

Which all renders vaccine passports pretty useless, aside from the ethical issues.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LuckyNumber7 said:

The point is it's nowhere near 100%, and debatable whether it does at all with Omicron.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/medical/omicron-wave-driven-by-young-healthy-vaccinated-population/ar-AARLYs6?ocid=msedgntp

Which all renders vaccine passports pretty useless, aside from the ethical issues.

Think the main aim is to force the anti-vax idiots to get a jab, if it increases the uptake it has to be a good thing.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, suewhistle said:

Just because the PM is a narcissistic, self absorbed, selfish, lieing, sexist, racist lazy plonker doesn't mean you have to do the same as him. Anything I do is in spite of him based on my own standards.

I don’t comply with their rules but I enforce my own. For example, off to Palace in a minute and will wear a face covering on the UG because of the space confinement, makes sense of course.  I will getting on the main London train and walking through but once sat down it will come off if we have our own 4/6 seater bit. The guys I will be with will be drinking in pubs with me all day, so what’s the point? Far enough from other passengers. Common sense should prevail, I don’t wear one in a supermarket cause I don’t mix with people. I also take a test pretty much every day, just taken one now and I’m negative. Therefore as I’m not worried about getting it, I can morally say that I’m not at risk of infecting others, at least today anyway. 

Edited by Noodles34

17 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Are you saying that the unvaccinated might catch the vaccine from the vaccinated?

My understanding ( that may be well off the mark) is that even though you are vaccinated you can still carry the virus and pass it on.

May be complete bollox but thats how I understood it

• Lighthouse changed the title to COVID and Football (Merged)