Fraser Forster - Official: Signs for Spurs

stevy777_x

1 hour ago, SuperSAINT said:

Can’t remember where I read it, but sure I read he was taking a pay cut to join Spurs.

.....now probably down to 80 K /week instead of 85K ... and Spurs got him for nothing. 

The number of  "good deals"  we've made with Spurs can be counted on one thumb !

2 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Can’t remember where I read it, but sure I read he was taking a pay cut to join Spurs.

It's going to be less money than he was on with us as he is now an old bench-warmer.  But technically (and yes perhaps a bit of pedantry too) I guess it's not a pay cut because he was going to be on £0 if he didn't sign for them. Outside football but in freelance/fixed contract worlds, it's often more fluid than more conventional concepts of continuous salary, 

2 hours ago, Chez said:

I'd like to add that having been `forced' out on loan and `messed about' and `not valued' by Ralph, he no doubt had his nose put out of joint and as a result would have been dead set on departing once his contract was up - the `love' for the club having long gone. His departure is down to the manager and of course himself not wanting to stay. 

As with any player leaving for another Prem team, I hope he is fucking shit when we come up against them. 

No disrespect but can't help feeling this is.a bit of revisionist history.  I think Forster's mental and physical problems predated Ralph and his rehabilitation at Celtic was what saved him.  Not sure Ralph had much to do with his decision to wind down hist contract (knowing he'd get nothing like as much next time) and leave (where his experience might offer him one last chapter).  

I'm personally really gutted to see Fraser depart us. I wish there could have been an agreement in place for him to stay. In my opinion he's a top quality keeper and we had our most successful spells with him in between the sticks. The longest run without conceding, the most consecutive clean sheets in a row under Koeman. The home win against Arsenal in April was all down to him being imperious. I wish Fraser all the best for the future :)

Edited by davefizzy14
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Left Back said:

No disrespect but can't help feeling this is.a bit of revisionist history.  I think Forster's mental and physical problems predated Ralph and his rehabilitation at Celtic was what saved him.  Not sure Ralph had much to do with his decision to wind down hist contract (knowing he'd get nothing like as much next time) and leave (where his experience might offer him one last chapter).

I’d go beyond ‘revisionist’ and just say it’s completely untrue and around a year out of sync with reality. Forster was dropped by MoPe after letting in 5 goals on Boxing Day in 2017. He didn’t play again all season, then made one rather random appearance in a 3-0 defeat at West Ham the year after, then went on loan. Whatever the truth is with regards to Forster, it comfortably predates Ralph’s tenure in charge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davefizzy14 said:

I'm personally really gutted to see Fraser depart us. I wish there could have been an agreement in place for him to stay. In my opinion he's a top quality keeper and we had our most successful spells with him in between the sticks. The longest run without conceding, the most consecutive clean sheets in a row under Koeman. The home win against Arsenal in April was all down to him being imperious. I wish Fraser all the best for the future :)

Good ridance

4 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Strictly speaking his pay stopped at the end of his contract with us so he hasn’t actually taken a cut. It could be that his pay at Spurs is lower than what he was getting with us but that wouldn’t be too difficult.

14 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Strictly speaking his pay stopped at the end of his contract with us so he hasn’t actually taken a cut. It could be that his pay at Spurs is lower than what he was getting with us but that wouldn’t be too difficult.

MLG point to Whitey !

• Like 1

Never seen a better embodiment of the phrase "form is temporary, class is permanent". 

For a short while he was in very good form and rightly earned an England call up. Then he reverted to his true class i.e. shit.

Hope he enjoys his last pay day and the view from the bench.