Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

Just now, Dman said:

Its great news isn't it!! Another £30m (which realistically we'll end up selling for about £25), in Sport Republics pocket to help fund that Turkish sides stadium improvements. 

With Tella, Che and Sulemana gone we're going to have an amazing attack of bang average players who work hard! Who needs match winners anyway, massively overrated! 

£20m for Tella, £25m for Sully, £15m for Adams, another £60m meanwhile as things stand we’ve missed out on our top replacements for them

• Like 1

Just now, Turkish said:

£20m for Tella, £25m for Sully, £15m for Adams, another £60m meanwhile as things stand we’ve missed out on our top replacements for them

We've only made £150m already this window, shifting these will free up money to bring in replacements!!! We simply cannot afford to buy before we sell, no sir. Especially not after spending £15m on Charles

Just now, Dman said:

We've only made £150m already this window, shifting these will free up money to bring in replacements!!! We simply cannot afford to buy before we sell, no sir. Especially not after spending £15m on Charles

And how much did we spend over the last two windows?

5 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall during Piroe negotiations. Surely, surely we made out interest clear? Did he just choose Leeds which is a bit odd or did we mess up jn some way? Piroe to saints just made so much sense. 

We were told what happened yesterday if you like to believe a lot of the rubbish in X - we had no guaranteed buyer for Adams due to Everton's inability to pay for than £1 a year for the next 15m years, so couldn't bring him in, or we weren't interested due to him being too similar to AA in style. Either one not on SR in my opinion. 

I cannot wait for us to rock up at Leciester in 2 weeks time with the mouth watering prospect of Edoize, AA and Fraser as our front 3. Something that will strike fear into every single defence in the league.

Incredible their manager decided to turn us down, when he was guaranteed to win the net spend trophy and have a front 3 like that  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dman said:

I cannot wait for us to rock up at Leciester in 2 weeks time with the mouth watering prospect of Edoize, AA and Fraser as our front 3. Something that will strike fear into every single defence in the league.

Incredible their manager decided to turn us down, when he was guaranteed to win the net spend trophy and have a front 3 like that  

Aren’t we bringing in a centre forward on loan? Come on, stop being so negative 

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gingeletiss said:

And how much did we spend over the last two windows?

I genuinely cannot be arsed to check, but it's probably similar to Leeds and Leicester who have seemingly (despite us being told how skint Leicester where at the start of the window) spend money.

SR are wolves in sheeps clothing. Rasmus is a complete and utter fraud and on current display are no better than the Chinese bloke who, because of law, couldn't actually spend money. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dman said:

Its great news isn't it!! Another £30m (which realistically we'll end up selling for about £25), in Sport Republics pocket to help fund that Turkish sides stadium improvements. 

With Tella, Che and Sulemana gone we're going to have an amazing attack of bang average players who work hard! Who needs match winners anyway, massively overrated! 

It's good money for an unknown entity that offered next to F**k all since signing in January for a record fee

If he leaves he will be replaced as will Che

Just now, Dman said:

I genuinely cannot be arsed to check, but it's probably similar to Leeds and Leicester who have seemingly (despite us being told how skint Leicester where at the start of the window) spend money.

SR are wolves in sheeps clothing. Rasmus is a complete and utter fraud and on current display are no better than the Chinese bloke who, because of law, couldn't actually spend money. 

They are actually sheep in sheep's clothing

2 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Aren’t we bringing in a centre forward on loan? Come on, stop being so negative 

It's only the morally superior and sensible people who talk like that you know. You can't possibly be upset with all the sales and little to no investment lest you be accused of bedwetting...

3 minutes ago, Farmer Saint said:

We were told what happened yesterday if you like to believe a lot of the rubbish in X - we had no guaranteed buyer for Adams due to Everton's inability to pay for than £1 a year for the next 15m years, so couldn't bring him in, or we weren't interested due to him being too similar to AA in style. Either one not on SR in my opinion. 

Piroe is 6ft and has a physical presence. He can play up front alone - he and AA aren't the same. 

I still do not see any valid argument as to why a club who has made £150m couldn't buy before they sell. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Fair play for what? He hasn’t got £30m yet, he’s just rejected a lower bid

In the sense of you'd assume we'd look to cut our losses on a player that has done nothing to date with a high wage

£22m isn't a bad fee in that circumstance 

1 minute ago, Dman said:

The last two windows we spent roughly around 150Million,

In that time Leicester have spent fuck all, and Leeds well probably alot.

2 minutes ago, Saint Scott said:

It's good money for an unknown entity that offered next to F**k all since signing in January for a record fee

If he leaves he will be replaced as will Che

Please can everyone stop banging is pointless drum. We might spend a bit of money to replace him, but it'll clearly be absolutely nowhere near the same level of quality. 

With every person who walks out the door, our squad gets weaker and weaker. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SaintsFan86 said:

The last two windows we spent roughly around 150Million,

In that time Leicester have spent fuck all, and Leeds well probably alot.

So as things stand, we've broken even and have PL money coming in as well. 

Why do we need to sell Tella, Che and Sulemana then?

Just now, Dman said:

Please can everyone stop banging is pointless drum. We might spend a bit of money to replace him, but it'll clearly be absolutely nowhere near the same level of quality. 

Shock horror we can't replace a premise league player with another Premier league player after we get relegated.

• Like 1

Just now, Dman said:

Yes, because Che and Sulemana are too good for the championship. 

We'll still have the pull to replace with a top end player at this level. You seem to forget players have a say in where their future lies, more so than ever.

2 hours ago, Smirking_Saint said:

We won’t buy 3 CBs, I do think we’ll lose both ABK and Lyanco

Leaving us with Bednarek, Stephens, Wood, Holgate and Charles as cover

RM even said he signed Holgate to play CB but is glad he can cover RB/DM

If we lose KWP we’ll replace imo

I didn’t hear the interview - but that makes me think Bednarek is off 

I still think KWP will go though

6 minutes ago, Gingeletiss said:

How much in wages did we spend?

Why were we the 6th(?) longest serving member of the premier league but for 8 years of then 11 had to sell to buy? The only club to do this. 

Edited by Turkish

Just now, SaintsFan86 said:

Shock horror we can't replace a premise league player with another Premier league player after we get relegated.

How about we put our foot down and dont sell then....? Goals win games, we're selling guaranteed goals and will replace with workhorses with little to no ability. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

I think we should give all these new guys a game in the next round of the Carabao to bed them in... oh. Never mind. 😏

Was interesting that the gaffer said that the behind doors game was set up for the new arrivals - mentioned Fraser, Mason not over the line & Downes being ill 

Just now, Dman said:

If you listened to the forum you'll be able to tell we don't just receive that all up front.

Not to mention we have a massive wage bill still to pay off aswell as other expenses.

This ain't some video game.

Just now, Dman said:

You're absolutely on one, aren't you? Just fucking sit back and see what happens.

Tella probably wanted out, Che has wanted out for a while, and Sulemana I'm sure wants out. We've already rejected a few bids for all of the three. If we get a fucking wedge lobbed our way and reject it, the three players would most likely be rather pissed off, don't you think?

• Like 1

Just now, Saint Scott said:

We'll still have the pull to replace with a top end player at this level. You seem to forget players have a say in where their future lies, more so than ever.

We clearly don't have as much of a pull as you think. Manager rejected us for Leicester. Piroe, rejected us for Leeds. 

Players who have contracts have no say in their future until they no longer have a contract. 

3 minutes ago, Dman said:

But sure Che is shite, as 99% of our fans have been saying for a while. Be easy to replace his quality...

1 minute ago, Dman said:

How about we put our foot down and dont sell then....? Goals win games, we're selling guaranteed goals and will replace with workhorses with little to no ability. 

Who has no ability? Of the players we have brought in at this level, they are at the top.

2 minutes ago, Gingeletiss said:

Good chat. Just pointing out, that you seem to be a very opinionated person, mainly running the club down.

How am I running the club down? Just saying how it is. All well and good saying the club MUST recoup £150m spent over 2 windows...but in the time, we still sold players and had 10 years of Premier League TV money.....alongside selling countless other players. Not on Brighton's scale, but the 1 time we actually spend money, it HAS to be 100% brought back into the club.

I said it early on, SR are crap owners and nothing is happening right now changes that.

Just now, Turkish said:

We can always say no? Give us a season if we don’t go up you can leave then

Let's just tell Tella no, you aren't leaving to go to Bayer Leverkusen who are offering you Europa.

He's hardly been that good apart from scoring one good goal, I'm okay with this sell.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dman said:

We clearly don't have as much of a pull as you think. Manager rejected us for Leicester. Piroe, rejected us for Leeds. 

Players who have contracts have no say in their future until they no longer have a contract

You'd have thought so, but time and again this has been proven hollow - just ask Leeds and Gnoto.

1 minute ago, Saint Scott said:

Che is too good for the championship? Really? I’m afraid based upon his record and his history of missing sitters he really isn’t. I think he is perfect for the Championship and if we go back up again he will be an ok reserve on the bench next season. No more than that. He’s not good enough to be a starter in a PL side as he proved over the last two seasons. Hence he was part of the reason we went down.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Dman said:

Ya, our off the ball work since Moi left has dropped like a stone. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Turkish said:

Injuries are part and parcel of being a footballer. 

Precisely - they need to maximise earnings and chances for success. It's a short career, so no point passing up opportunities to get more money or play on 'bigger' stages.

1 minute ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Let's just tell Tella no, you aren't leaving to go to Bayer Leverkusen who are offering you Europa.

He's hardly been that good apart from scoring one good goal, I'm okay with this sell.

When Adams goes as well that probably about 40-45 goals were going to need to replace this season. Good luck with that especially as we fucked up replacing Adams

1 minute ago, Dman said:

Players who have contracts have no say in their future until they no longer have a contract. 

You obviously don't understand modern football. Agents and players hold all the cards now and Che is in the last 12 months of his contract anyway