Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

You lot really are on some sort of bizarre witch hunt with me right now aren't you? Whatever happened to "play the ball not the man". 

Bazunu is shit and we should have signed a striker if we're letting Che go. Not sure how me holding those opinions are "having a mare".

Here’s some bedtime reading for you since you seem to like this sort of thing.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/world-cup-pointless-statistics-3factor/?trk=pulse-article_more-articles_related-content-card

https://footyamigo.com/shots-on-target-stats/

Remember, these figures only exist to satisfy the betting markets most of which is in the Far East. They are not intended to be used as a tool to analyse player performances.

”Bazunu is shit” was not true today, nor last week, nor in any other games that he has played this season. You would need to come up with better evidence than “it’s just my opinion “.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Galway saint said:

Do we think he might be sold ? My concern is that one of the big boys come sniffing

No.

Martin clearly has him fully, 100% stamped as our no1 keeper. His poor form last year should be enough to stop anyone sniffing.

22 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Still don’t see why Woods is a priority target, let’s go for someone marginally better.

Get the Taylor-Bellis lad instead, he had a decent season last year.
I wouldn’t bother entertaining Michael Duff’s big talk. Take the money elsewhere if Swansea really don’t need it that bad. I can see an unhappy player being around the camp being a positive thing for squad morale. 😂

Id be very surprised if Harwood-Bellis doesn’t end up in the PL

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

Id be very surprised if Harwood-Bellis doesn’t end up in the PL

Its got Brighton written all over it. Think they're still looking to replace Colwill when he went back to Chelsea. Defensively they didnt look great this evening either

5 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Not sure what work is needed Brendan? You call us we say yes £2:50 a packet of fags and an angel delight and he’s yours - did you want us to pay for the taxi to yours for the medical?

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-premiership/lyanco-celtic-transfer-interest-directly-27601796

No Butterscotch, no dice.

• Like 1

Just now, SuperSAINT said:

A name that hasn't gone away... Injury prone though?

Not so much injury prone I don't think, it's just that he's been out since January with a bad one (and still is out - est. back start of Oct).

So if he's our Che replacement, we're short until October at the earliest.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

A name that hasn't gone away... Injury prone though?

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Not so much injury prone I don't think, it's just that he's been out since January with a bad one (and still is out - est. back start of Oct).

So if he's our Che replacement, we're short until October at the earliest.

Bad achilles injury.

Tony Mowbray has said that Ross Stewart might make an appearance in a possible 'behind closed doors' friendly at the end of the international break. If he is to be match fit in October it looks like it would be the back end.

• Like 1

Pretty funny how Everton are one minute skint and struggling to meet FFP rules, haggling over our price for Adams and then the next they're going out and putting £35m down on Beto, a player who was brought up a few times on here last season.

They act the same way with FFP as they do with relegation. Always reported to be failing it, but always go out and spend big money anyway.

24 minutes ago, Wade Garrett said:

Stupid buying a crock.

Yep, would be a idiot purchase on par with buying Boufal with a major injury. If he’s fit in January, looks his former self and hasn’t signed a new contract then move for him in January if Adams’s replacement isn’t scoring 1 every 2 games by then to give them more competition. Be even cheaper then too.

A bit like we did with Billy Sharp in 2011/12, he got a bad injury opening day for Doncaster but was fit and firing by the next transfer window.

It’s the sort of stupid transfer we’ve seen before from Saints but you hope Wilcox has a bit more intelligence. 

No, they have to be fully fit now and able to hit the ground running. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I think it was always going to pan out like this though, clubs bide their time to either get that little bit more as clubs get desperate or get a player for cheaper as the other moves didn't materialise.

Could still be some movement out of Leicester apparently, Daka, Castange, Soumare, Iheanacho, Justin etc all still possibly exits. It'll be a manic few days for all, some surprises for everything I think.

Let’s hope so. They look strong and we were told they’re on their arse, sold Maddison and Barnes for big money but made a few astute signings too. 

4 minutes ago, Miltonaggro said:

Think Russell Martin is trying to sign the Scotland team :)

Or players playing in Scotland.

That being said, get Miovski in. When have we ever made a bad signing from the Scottish league? 

Forster, VVD, Wanyama, Armstrong, Davis

Aribo the exception, although still to see what he can do under RM

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thesaint78 said:

Could we not sign Bojan and Ross Stewart if Che goes? Assuming Onuachu is at least loaned we’d only have Mara left on the books as a senior striker. The Onuachu / Paintsil swap deal could potentially fill the Tella void if it can be revived 

Armstrong?

paintil ship has sailed thankfully 

2 minutes ago, thesaint78 said:

Could we not sign Bojan and Ross Stewart if Che goes? Assuming Onuachu is at least loaned we’d only have Mara left on the books as a senior striker. The Onuachu / Paintsil swap deal could potentially fill the Tella void if it can be revived 

I think Paintsil is off to Leeds permanently which might give Genk the money to buy Tall Paul 🤞🏼

2 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

That being said, get Miovski in. When have we ever made a bad signing from the Scottish league? 

B8A72B6A-0AD6-4B64-A47F-09B252D9C8EC.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Toadhall Saint said:

I see Thierry Small clattered him at the end of last season leaving him with damage to ankle ligaments. Small was red carded. Miovski missed some pre-season training but now fit again. I'm hoping we sign him but who knows?

Interesting to hear from Adam that it sounds like the choice for Che is to go to Palace. He also thinks we will spend some money (20-30 million I think he said) which will be getting close to the 50 million that some posters were ridiculing others for saying we would spend. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Skacel? 

3 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

If we sell Lyanco and Stephens misses a large part of the season then we will need two CB's in addition to Holgate (assuming ABK is sold)

For now I reckon we just need one. Charles did excellently today there.

Don't wanna bloat the squad out.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

We are replacing Tella, If Sulemana is sold he will be replaced too. 👍

reckon we got fraser for tella,sulemana if he stays will give defenders nightmares in this league but it will soon all be done and dusted thank god

• Like 1