Summer Transfer Window 2023

FarehamSaintJames

9 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

We need to start spending some money on proven championship players. Get Gyokeres in to play up front and stick Armstrong in Tellas place.

I also think we should sign Akpom and Piroe. To hell with the teams they just signed for! 😁

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Ralph Fastenbüttl said:

So great home win. Edozie looked terrific today and tore apart that poor RB, Fraser was a menace form the moment he came on, and a cracking strike from the Championship's current top scorer, Adam Armstrong.

But tell you what, let's glaze over all that and go back to whining and one-upmanship, yeah?

Actually put him on his ass at one time....😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

What’s how much got to do with it? 

Because the cost of a transfer should at least be some indication of quality even if our recent business hasn’t always demonstrated this!  At least we won’t be breaking our transfer record this summer as that is normally a disaster!

I'm pleased to hear we're looking to replace Tella, it's probably an unexpected fee which we can use to strengthen in that area.

It's going to be a pretty manic few days I think, and I'm sure this place will be an emotional rollercoaster.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, a1ex2001 said:

Because the cost of a transfer should at least be some indication of quality even if our recent business hasn’t always demonstrated this!  At least we won’t be breaking our transfer record this summer as that is normally a disaster!

Yet we are constantly told that there are good deals to be had in lower leagues. Guido Carrillo ring any bells 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, EBS1980 said:

Martin on Tella

No point trying to keep players who don’t want to be here, assume he thinks he’s better than Championship now after a successful season at Burnley

If he is off to the Bundesliga, he is.

17 minutes ago, Ekelund said:

The lad that signed for sporting last month?

15 minutes ago, Colinjb said:

Doubt Sporting Lisbon would be too happy about that.

11 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

I also think we should sign Akpom and Piroe. To hell with the teams they just signed for! 😁

Fair enough lads, you've just rammed home the point that we've been way too slow to act this window. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Yet we are constantly told that there are good deals to be had in lower leagues. Guido Carrillo ring any bells 

Lol note I said SHOULD! And then referenced the fact all our record transfers like Guido turn out shite because we have done so badly at buying expensive players in recent years.  Surely we are due some luck with a few that turn out to be good business!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, a1ex2001 said:

Like Carillo, Onuachu and Osvaldo ?

7 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Fair enough lads, you've just rammed home the point that we've been way too slow to act this window. 

Yeah, they’ve rammed it home that he wanted to play in the Champions League

Edited by Appy

5 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Or they've rammed home the point that you're having an absolute mare at the moment, what with your Bazunu posts too.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Or not slow enough if you like all the action to be done on deadline day when we can all be glued to SSN in the hope that someone whacks a dildo in a presenter's ear.

32 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Fraser not being the replacement is good news. Not that he's bad, just means we get another player and therefore will be stronger.

Nobody as good as tella is coming here so don't see how we will be stronger, just means more bodies in the building.

Our 1st 11 come September will look very weak against the likes of Leeds and Leicester.

• Confused 2

33 minutes ago, Ralph Fastenbüttl said:

So great home win. Edozie looked terrific today and tore apart that poor RB, Fraser was a menace form the moment he came on, and a cracking strike from the Championship's current top scorer, Adam Armstrong.

But tell you what, let's glaze over all that and go back to whining and one-upmanship, yeah?

Won 2 1 and qpr should have equalised hardly the performance of the decade. Qpr are shit and will be fighting relegation this season so calm down.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, Streaky said:

Nobody as good as tella is coming here so don't see how we will be stronger, just means more bodies in the building.

Our 1st 11 come September will look very weak against the likes of Leeds and Leicester.

We'll be stronger than if Fraser was the replacement, that was my point.

I agree it's unlikely anyone as good as Tells will come here but we really can't turn down that money for a player that cost us nothing and didn't really want to be here.

You should wait until the transfer window closes before stating that our 1st 11 will be weaker because there's a lot that will happen in the next 5 days.

7 minutes ago, Smirking_Saint said:

You ok Streaky ? You seem to be angry a lot mate, we won, we have Monday off, open a beer and chill

Disgusting post. You should not be promoting the use of alcohol for people suffering with anxiety, especially when you don’t know their mental health or dependancy issues on stimulates. Alcohol actually increases anxiety so you are giving poor advice. Educate yourself 

https://www.bupa.co.uk/newsroom/ourviews/alcohol-and-mental-health

• Haha 5

Just now, Turkish said:

Disgusting post. You should not be promoting the use of alcohol for people suffering with anxiety, especially when you don’t know their mental health or dependancy issues on stimulates. Alcohol actually increases anxiety so you are giving poor advice. Educate yourself 

https://www.bupa.co.uk/newsroom/ourviews/alcohol-and-mental-health

MLG mode activated. Alcohol is a depressant, not a stimulant. HTH.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Streaky said:

Won 2 1 and qpr should have equalised hardly the performance of the decade. Qpr are shit and will be fighting relegation this season so calm down.

We won two matches at home in the league last season; it was shit, let people fucking enjoy it. 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, The Cat said:

We'll be stronger than if Fraser was the replacement, that was my point.

I agree it's unlikely anyone as good as Tells will come here but we really can't turn down that money for a player that cost us nothing and didn't really want to be here.

You should wait until the transfer window closes before stating that our 1st 11 will be weaker because there's a lot that will happen in the next 5 days.

My guess is that Fraser will replace Edozie on the left and we'll buy a right sided player to replace Tella and a striker to replace Che. If we get the right players in that could be quite a formidable front 3 with good back-up as well. Let's see how the next few days unfold.

2 hours ago, Gloucester Saint said:

Thierry Small might need to go out on loan sharpish - plenty of beef from a challenge by him on Miovski in St Mirren v Aberdeen last season.

Just gone on loan to St Mirren, confirmed. Maybe a sign.. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Streaky said:

Not a chance, they were on for promotion last season before their manager upped sticks on them. They're a decent outfit again this year.

• Like 2

I quite liked the look of the QPR centre forward, Sinclair. I'll call him that as I can't be dealing with another Armstrong.

Quick, powerful, good physical presence etc. Wouldn't be against looking at him, I think he'll cause problems for a lot of sides this year.

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Like 4

Not sure why he doesn't just name us, he's done everything but.

Swansea aren't going to do us any favours though, that's for sure. They'll make us overpay for him if we really want him, and what with Jack's 'possible' long-term injury, we will need another number.

• Haha 2

Just now, S-Clarke said:

Not sure why he doesn't just name us, he's done everything but.

Swansea aren't going to do us any favours though, that's for sure. They'll make us overpay for him if we really want him, and what with Jack's 'possible' long-term injury, we will need another number.

Pretty obvious other clubs were going to inflate their prices when they see the money we get money in, they won’t give a toss if we are going to spend it all or not and the closer we get to the end of the window the more desperate we’ll get. It’s all panning out exactly as expected and not for the right reasons 

Swansea not keen on selling Wood and said our second bit wasn’t for more money just changed the payments structure. Wouldn’t over spend on him when Harwood-Bellis is available and in last year of contract. 

With Stephens out injured likely for a while all of a sudden a loan signing of Holgate was a wise move. 

I expect Fraser and new signing will be the starting wingers longer term this season with Edozie and SAA as the impact subs. 

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

Pretty obvious other clubs were going to inflate their prices when they see the money we get money in, they won’t give a toss if we are going to spend it all or not and the closer we get to the end of the window the more desperate we’ll get. It’s all panning out exactly as expected and not for the right reasons 

I think it was always going to pan out like this though, clubs bide their time to either get that little bit more as clubs get desperate or get a player for cheaper as the other moves didn't materialise.

Could still be some movement out of Leicester apparently, Daka, Castange, Soumare, Iheanacho, Justin etc all still possibly exits. It'll be a manic few days for all, some surprises for everything I think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Streaky said:

Did you hear this from the horse's mouth or did you pop round and get it from the other end?

• Haha 2

Still don’t see why Woods is a priority target, let’s go for someone marginally better.

Get the Taylor-Bellis lad instead, he had a decent season last year.
I wouldn’t bother entertaining Michael Duff’s big talk. Take the money elsewhere if Swansea really don’t need it that bad. I can see an unhappy player being around the camp being a positive thing for squad morale. 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Or they've rammed home the point that you're having an absolute mare at the moment, what with your Bazunu posts too.

You lot really are on some sort of bizarre witch hunt with me right now aren't you? Whatever happened to "play the ball not the man". 

Bazunu is shit and we should have signed a striker if we're letting Che go. Not sure how me holding those opinions are "having a mare".

12 minutes ago, FarehamSaintJames said:

Still don’t see why Woods is a priority target, let’s go for someone marginally better.

Get the Taylor-Bellis lad instead, he had a decent season last year.

Two completely different CB's of course but you know better.