Gavin Bazunu

hypochondriac

55 minutes ago, Oldandtired said:

I'm undoubtedly in a minority of one but I always thought McCarthy was a pretty good shotstopper. It's when he had to play the system of tippy tap across the box that's when it found him out. I believe it was partly because of this that RM didn't fancy him.

His shot stopping was fine about 4 seasons ago but he got old very quickly and his reactions went.

If we put the McCarthy of 4 seasons ago in goal now and played the same style we'd have let in a whole bunch of goals from him passing it straight to the opposition or letting it under his foot like the Burnley keeper.

2 hours ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

This is the difference. Watch these two saves from the Ipswich keeper against Boro which won them a point. There is no way Bazuna would have saved either of them, certainly the first save.

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/pa41igJ3MwAuSE6y/

Think Baz might save the second because those are the ones he can deal with. However, the first low to his left - no chance.

On 13/04/2024 at 18:15, stknowle said:

Agree. He’s a massive Achilles heel unfortunately.

Just for the avoidance of any doubt I am not some sort of malevolent cryptic witch doctor and I wish Baz a full and speedy recovery.

Edited by stknowle
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, stknowle said:

Just for the avoidance of any doubt I am not some sort of malevolent cryptic witch doctor and I wish Baz a full and speedy recovery.

I don’t, let’s hope his injury is bad enough to keep him in the stands for 4 weeks. 

7 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Horrible to say but I hope he's out for the season.

Why? Certainly much more likely McCarthy makes a howler playing out from the back in the next four than Bazunu.

The manager sees the players in training every day sonwould rather at this stage of the season he has all the players available to him - especially one he has picked to start every game!

• Like 1

On 13/04/2024 at 21:46, Harry_SFC said:

Personally don't think he's that bad at claiming crosses. His shot stopping is the glaring weakness. Surely Adam should be able to see that.

Up until about a week ago Baz was the worst in the league. Now he's "only" the 2nd worst GK at claiming crosses in the league.

spacer.png

Just now, Dusic said:

Why? Certainly much more likely McCarthy makes a howler playing out from the back in the next four than Bazunu.

The manager sees the players in training every day sonwould rather at this stage of the season he has all the players available to him - especially one he has picked to start every game!

McCarthy looked fine tonight. One wobbly moment when Manning bizarrely passed it back to him when he took a quick free kick to get us moving, but Bazunu has multiple wobbly moments a game anyway.

• Like 1

Don't think there's any need to hope he's out for the season. If he's done his achilles tendon then he undoubtedly will be.

Now, can Macca step up and replicate Kelvin's performance at Elland Road in our last promotion season in 2012?

1 minute ago, Saint_clark said:

McCarthy looked fine tonight. One wobbly moment when Manning bizarrely passed it back to him when he took a quick free kick to get us moving, but Bazunu has multiple wobbly moments a game anyway.

He had nothing to do. Leicester and Leeds away will be different story!

11 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

You’re right. That really is horrible to say.

Not anywhere near as horrible as watching absolutely everything going past him. 

Playing McCarthy will (hopefully) make us a little more direct.

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

You would have looked fine in goal tonight

1 minute ago, Fan The Flames said:

Prick

He’s shite. Costs us more than he earns us, which for a keeper is a big, big problem. 

Should have been dropped weeks ago.

4 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

In a 0.07xG game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dman said:

He’s shite. Costs us more than he earns us, which for a keeper is a big, big problem. 

Should have been dropped weeks ago.

You are a cunt for wishing a bad injury to one of our players

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

I could’ve played in goal for Saints tonight. You’re having a mare. 

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Defence miraculously looked a lot more organised and composed as well, didn't they. 

What, you mean with the CB pairing everyone’s been banging the drum to get back together?

• Like 1

It's absolutley fine having an opinion on one of our players and how they need to improve, but some of the comments on the last page cannot be from Southampton fans as they're a disgrace.

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, whelk said:

You are a cunt for wishing a bad injury to one of our players

Even if it’s the only way to stop the manager from picking, the pretty obvious, weak link? Short term pain for long term gain. 

I don't particularly rate Bazunu, he's improved this season but I still think his decision making is iffy and sometimes it seems shots go through him, but I do hope he recovers well. 

It is what it is. Maybe our more direct style tonight was a result of the keeper change. At least both our back up keepers are experienced.

2 minutes ago, notnowcato said:

Nope, you’ll always be a prick after your last comment. 

It’s pretty obvious why he said it, not because he wishes ill on the lad, but him being out for the remaining 4 games is a benefit to us. Had he been fit, he’s first name on the team sheet, despite being one of, if not the worst, keepers in the league who shoulda been dropped months ago. 

FWIW McCarthy is also crap and will no doubt cause a goal by trying to play out. But net result of the injury, imo, makes us stronger. 

Just now, Saint_clark said:

And promotion will be ruined for me knowing that you think I'm a prick.  

This clearly isn’t about promotion, this is about you being a classless idiot. Wishing ill on any of our players is about as low as you can get for a “supporter”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Dman said:

It’s pretty obvious why he said it, not because he wishes ill on the lad, but him being out for the remaining 4 games is a benefit to us. Had he been fit, he’s first name on the team sheet, despite being one of, if not the worst, keepers in the league who shoulda been dropped months ago. 

FWIW McCarthy is also crap and will no doubt cause a goal by trying to play out. But net result of the injury, imo, makes us stronger. 

Exactly. I'm not celebrating him being injured, I'm just relieved that we've made the change we should have made in the first half of the season, and as I know Martin only made that change because he was forced to I hope that he is forced to for the short amount of time remaining this season. 

Give over - It's not like anyone is wishing death on the guy or anything silly. He'll still be getting paid an obscene amount of money for hobbling around on crutches for a few weeks.

Meanwhile, I think this could be a blessing in disguise really. Russ/SR's blind faith in a poor, inexperienced keeper has cost us so many points this season. I would honestly rather have Macca in nets for the run in (and playoffs) because despite his weaknesses he's had plenty of good games for us in the past, and at a higher level. This development has just forced RM's hand in the matter.

• Like 5

Just now, notnowcato said:

This clearly isn’t about promotion, this is about you being a classless idiot. Wishing ill on any of our players is about as low as you can get for a “supporter”. 

It’s a month mate.. he’s hardly wishing him dead. 

Just now, notnowcato said:

I hope he's out the team as he makes us weaker. That's the be all and end all.

People were celebrating Mara being suspended, didn't see you defending him. 

7 minutes ago, Dman said:

Even if it’s the only way to stop the manager from picking, the pretty obvious, weak link? Short term pain for long term gain. 

One thing not rating him but come on hoping someone has Achilles rupture is shocking

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, whelk said:

One thing not rating him but come on hoping someone has Achilles rupture is shocking

Who’s said that? 2 + 2 = 5. 

just long enough to stop him from being in contention for another game this season will do 👍

Just now, Saint_clark said:

I hope he's out the team as he makes us weaker. That's the be all and end all.

People were celebrating Mara being suspended, didn't see you defending him. 

Unlike some I don’t read everything on here. 
Go and console yourself with those idiots celebrating Mara’s absences. Pathetic. 

• Confused 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Gavin Bazunu