Ryan Fraser

jimmer42

15 hours ago, Turkish said:

loved that. After so many years of players being here for themselves,  wanting to leave within a year or two of arriving it's it refreshing to hear a player talk so passionately about putting the club first and wanting to stay for as long as they can and it seems like he genuinely means it too. 

You're absolutely right mate, Martin has done a good job clearing out the players with poor attitude and built a proper team, compare the attitude of this side to what we had last season, its great to see. 

I was in Itchen for the Walsall game and had close up of Ryan Fraser 2nd half in front of us, his attitude was first class looking for the ball but also a vocal player with plenty of encouragement for the younger lads around him. He seemed to have a bad rep when he joined Newcastle but that seems misplaced. 

15 hours ago, Turkish said:

yep. Anyone know what happened between him and Eddie Howe? Seems like they were quite close but their relationship now is beyond repair by the sounds of it. Was it to do with what happened at the end with Bournemouth?

I know a player who was part of that bournemouth side at the time, I don't specifically know the ins and outs of the issues he and Ryan had, but what I do know is that at that time, he (Howe) fell out with a load of players in the dressing room. 

I think the Fraser issue comes from him not extending a contract to cover the 8 games post the covid break. In a sense, I can understand why. He was a free agent and had been linked with the likes of Arsenal and Liverpool, its fairly high risk to play an additional 8 games, you're not contracted to do so and risk an injury. 

If he'd extended for those 8 games and done an ACL, would Bmouth have offered him a new deal? I very much doubt it. 

• Like 3

Surely there's a decent (for us) deal to be done here. Newcastle are upagainst it with FFP, so will be looking to shift any of the 'deadwood' they have. They signed him for nothikng, so anything they bring in is pure profit. 

Sounds like he's desperate to be here and imo i'm desperate we keep hold of him (even if we go up). 

Throw a couple of £m down and see whats what. 

57 minutes ago, JRM said:

You're absolutely right mate, Martin has done a good job clearing out the players with poor attitude and built a proper team, compare the attitude of this side to what we had last season, its great to see. 

Absolutely agree with this. The side is LIKEABLE again and that goes a long way, not just likeable as they're winning, but likeable in attitude, outlook, effort and how they get stuck in.  Last season's woe is me, mincing around, not getting stuck in, no effort, no desire, entitled attitude was horrendous, in fact, not just last season, but probably 2 - 4. 

It's such a huge contrast to last season it's unreal and now I am more than happy to spend money on watching in person again. Love it! 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Absolutely agree with this. The side is LIKEABLE again and that goes a long way, not just likeable as they're winning, but likeable in attitude, outlook, effort and how they get stuck in.  Last season's woe is me, mincing around, not getting stuck in, no effort, no desire, entitled attitude was horrendous, in fact, not just last season, but probably 2 - 4. 

It's such a huge contrast to last season it's unreal and now I am more than happy to spend money on watching in person again. Love it! 

100% with you. The attitude on display is why I will always support saints. Sometimes it’s suppressed but like cream it eventually floats to the top. For me it’s more important than the results. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Even though he wasn’t starting that much at the beginning .. I think Fraser is seriously vying for player of the season. Seems to impact pretty much every game with goals and assists ..

So much end product with the wee man, great striker of the ball and fantastic attitude too 

Edited by pimpin4rizeal
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, pimpin4rizeal said:

Even though he wasn’t starting that much at the beginning .. I think Fraser is seriously vying for player of the season. Seems to impact pretty much every game with goals and assists ..

So much end product with the wee man, great striker of the ball and fantastic attitude too 

Tricky because we've had so many good players this season. You could argue that Fraser, Downes, THB and SArmstrong are all up there, possibly even Bednarek and Bazunu, but there are only 2 in the running for me, AA and KWP. To decide between those two is going to me one hell of a headache. 

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Left the ground on crutches, could be a bad one apparently. As if today couldn't get any worse.

Don’t all players with a leg injury to keep any weight off it? What Adkins used to call “shutting down the player”

25 minutes ago, kitch said:

Out for at least a month by the sound of it 😒

If that’s the extent of it I’d take that and have him back for the run in to the play offs. he’s such an important player and his direct approach is an antidote to all the faffing around. 

• Like 4

Blow, but we know we're most likely getting play offs now so getting everyone fit for those that have been the biggest influence on our season is key. Also thankfully that's an area we have cover in Edozie, Sulemana and even sliding Brooks, SAA or Dibling across but we need Fraser back for the run in.

1 hour ago, Wade Garrett said:

Fucking dirty Millwall bastards.  Ref was weak as piss.  Should’ve sent their right back off after half an hour.

They were awful, they didn't play football and had no intention to come and paly football. They just came to kick us off the pitch and scrap for set plays. Look at what they did to Edozie as soon as he was on the pitch to replace the stricken Fraser, they just took him out.

I could never accept supporting a club who actively played that way. 

3 minutes ago, aintforever said:

Bad news, he’s been our most effective player in recent weeks IMO. 

Our most effective wide player of the season imo. If you class Adam Armstrong as a striker, then none of our other wide options have come close to his output.

• Like 2

Attitude wise I think Fraser is maybe the most likeable at the club, his comments show a real  desire to stay and he also seems like he doesn’t mind being a team player or having to be on the Bench at times .

its a blow but I think we have 3 potentially fantastic wingers that all offer different things . Door now opens for sulemana and edozie to show what they got 

id really love to keep all three of them next season no matter which league we are in 

Edited by pimpin4rizeal