Ryan Fraser

jimmer42

19 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Wouldn’t want the Sweaty twat as a son in law, so it’s a yes from me. Exactly what we need instead of Djennpo & Edozie mincing down the wing. 

I wouldn't say it's exactly what we need, but I essentially agree about the 'mincing'. Sometimes it pains me to see Edozie out there doing the same thing over and over with no success.

I actually don't mind this at all. 

Look at Ashley Barnes signing for Norwich - not scored that many goals in his career, but by all accounts (and that Burnley doc), a great influence in the dressing room, a wise head and ultimately someone who has played Prem and Champ games for a long time. Norwich fans are happy with his start to the season as far as I am aware. 

Ryan Fraser has been at this level and been promoted, is likely looking to prove a point and has been at Prem level for a while now. 

Spoke with some friends who support championship teams - with Holgate and Fraser joining I thought I would be the subject of ridicule, but actually the consensus was 'good signings, prem players, experience, 'teams need this kind of signing, alongside some unknowns from Argentina or Norway' 

Let's see if Fraser actually does want to prove himself and get back to winning ways

Edited by santolijador
spelling
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Maybe we've signed him to make all the deadwood leave ?

"There have been a few reported incidents regarding Ryan Fraser's attitude problems. One incident occurred during a match in 2019, where he was seen arguing with his teammate Callum Wilson and refusing to pass the ball to him. Another incident occurred during a training session, where he reportedly stormed off the pitch after a disagreement with the manager. Additionally, there have been reports of him being difficult to work with and having a bad attitude towards his teammates and coaching staff."

Don't worry Russ says he has a very good character and Russ should know 'cos he knows him and has played with him.

In my book that's a recipe for him getting away with murder. Still, so long as we do not lose Tella or Edozie, welcome on board ship Ryan.

19 minutes ago, Saint Scott said:

Blackmore mentioned this morning Fraser is the more likely to be done in time to feature this weekend.

I gather that has been and gone as its normally midday? 

If tella/Che are not in the squad tomorrow it leaves us a little light in the attacking third

Of course they will be, they're still Saints players.

As a 🍒 fan, I think I can offer an opinion on him. That last season he was with us, he had downed tools long before the extended contract thing. He only kept his place because we had about 50 injuries at any 1 time. To be fair, others had decided not to try too(Wilson, King to name 2). So he's not popular at Dean Court 

BUT if he can be arsed he is a very good player- fast, a good crosser and decent finisher. I think if you continue with your decent start, he will be a good signing. If you slip down to midtable he'll probably potter around a bit and moan at the rest of the side for 90 mins each week

• Like 13

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ryan Fraser - Official: Signs on Loan
3 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Don't worry Russ says he has a very good character and Russ should know 'cos he knows him and has played with him.

In my book that's a recipe for him getting away with murder. Still, so long as we do not lose Tella or Edozie, welcome on board ship Ryan.

Hopefully him being a teammate of Russ will work in our favour. It does also seem we're overloaded with wingers which suggests Tella or Edozie (probably the former) will be on their way soon, especially as there's Ame-Amoyaw waiting in the wings too.

RYAN FUGGIN FRASER? 

Meh, I'm OK with it. I've missed a lot of the goss from the last couple of days so this one was a surprise - more because I thought he was older than 29! I know we've been after him for quite a while if I remember correctly. Whatever happens with Tella and Sulemana, this will give us a bit of experience alongside Stu for the wider positions.

2 minutes ago, The Cat said:

I always thought he was a bit of bellend but if he does the business for us that will all be quickly forgotten.

Hopefully we can see a picture of him stood next to Onuachu at some point.

I think he is one like Speedie hated when plays for opposition yet when plays for you….oh that’s a bad example :-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

49 minutes ago, washsaint said:

What a F****** awful signing.  Major attitude issue and cobblers since he downed tools at Bournemouth.

If he's a replacement for tella who has 2 years left that is a f****** disgrace.

Looks like it

Doesn’t really stack otherwise 

• Like 1

My first reaction to the news was, c'mon we're not serious about signing this prat are we? - I've always seen him as one of those annoying tosser players with a bad attitude and I wouldn't want him in any Saints team. Do we need another little scrapper (nope - let's have a proper centre forward target man please). Plus a loan, so if he's does work out it won't work out for us...not a permanent addition to the squad good enough to stay in the Premier league if we got there. But reading through the thread, am willing to be proven wrong and would be happy to see him bang some goals in for us on a consistent basis.

Methinks this is a convenient cover to soften the inevitable departure of Adams (who I could tolerate going for £15M) and Tella (who we shouldn't even think about selling).

Looks like Eddie Howe has got exactly what he wanted - Tino in and Fraser out. If we'd wanted Fraser that badly we'd have done the loan deal then, not now. Smacks a bit of convenience / running out of options.

I don't like it but happy to be proven wrong.

3 hours ago, capitalsaint said:

Based entirely off that interview I have really high hopes for him. I think he’s going to smash this league actually.

It’s cool these days, he’s going to cook in this league 👨‍🍳🍳

4 hours ago, Farmer Saint said:

Listened to the interview, and yes it's an interview, but doesn't seem the knobber that he's made out to be. 

Rusty was pretty black and white in the press conference about him too - not word for word but "I know him, I've played with him and against him, and if I had any doubts about attitude he wouldn't be here." Think it will be a good signing and likely to become perm if we go up.

5 hours ago, Farmer Saint said:

Listened to the interview, and yes it's an interview, but doesn't seem the knobber that he's made out to be. 

Yes, thought he came across well in that.

but as you say, it’s only an interview, so he has to carry that onto the pitch, but gives glimmer of optimism at least. 

6 hours ago, capitalsaint said:

Based entirely off that interview I have really high hopes for him. I think he’s going to smash this league actually.

Agreed. He's a good, proven PL, player. Only 29, and will be playing to put himself in the shop window. 

Very astute signing. 

On 25/08/2023 at 11:18, hypochondriac said:

I think the Holgate signing is OK. I'm not a big fan of this one because it blocks some our young players and he supposedly has a terrible attitude and is a disruptive influence. It's not the type of signing I would have gone for but I do hope he can prove me wrong. 

Hopefully he went some way to proving you wrong today.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Not really. I'm not going to base my opinion of a player on a short cameo at the end of a game. Hope he does well. 

Yeah, totally agree that avoiding short term / knee-jerk opinions is a good thing... ;)

Edited by trousers
  • Haha 6

He was OK. Helped that he replaced SAA who was completely anonymous after all the hype on these forums. I didn't get game changing vibes from him. For me he was what i expected of a veteran prem loan. Would have been an ideal upgrade to edozie but a downgrade on Tella. If we actually get a proper striker his crossing ability may come in handy

We looked much more dangerous down the left when he came on. Sadly that was the oposite side to where I was sat but there was a lot of direct penetration into their area and RF was right in the thick of it. Should definitely be him starting, rather than SAA, once he becomes more comfortable with our system. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ryan Fraser