Happy St George’s Day

Turkish

A day to be proud to be English 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

IMG_4187.jpeg

1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

English, male, and white. Not ashamed of nor apologetic for any of that.

( And if it is St George's day today it means it is my birthday tomorrow ).

i hate you already. Are you middle aged too?

Might pop to the alehouse at lunchtime for a pint of Spitfire. Greggs sausage roll on the way, moan about the weather all afternoon, shepherds pie for dinner and only fools on the telly.

Being English :adore:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

If St. George pitched up on our shores today there is a fair chance that he would be packed off to Rwanda with all of the other dodgy foreigners.

2 hours, not bad. 

18 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

If St. George pitched up on our shores today there is a fair chance that he would be packed off to Rwanda with all of the other dodgy foreigners.

Funny that he didn’t ever visit then isn’t it. English kings were able to admire him from these shores without the multiculturalism stuff. How empowering!

38 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

image.jpeg.f118ddc3b1e843f0f3dad9eba836b774.jpeg

I wonder what the EDL types would make of the fact that St George is venerated as Al-Khidr by Muslims.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

image.jpeg.f118ddc3b1e843f0f3dad9eba836b774.jpeg

I wonder what the EDL types would make of the fact that St George is venerated as Al-Khidr by Muslims.

i wonder what the IRA would make of the fact st Patrick was a rich British missionary?

49 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Any of the “usual suspects “ attending, I’ll see you there. 

IMG_7874.jpeg

I wonder if anybody trying to cross the road will be warned for being "obviously left wing" ?

1 hour ago, The Kraken said:

Most people on here are far right IIRC, and we’re linked to a football club, so likely we’ll see you there.

i've seen a few pictures and it's quite a small gathering, which is a surprise considering we are constantly told how everything in this country is far right apart from the the Guardian and a small village somewhere in Kent.

7 minutes ago, Turkish said:

i've seen a few pictures and it's quite a small gathering, which is a surprise considering we are constantly told how everything in this country is far right apart from the the Guardian and a small village somewhere in Kent.

That's the "dummy" meet up - ooppss, I've said too much.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Turkish said:

Did it look like a largely peaceful gathering?

8 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

I love how you’ll say that here but on the Israel thread ask why Egypt should take Palestinian refugees as it’s not their responsibility.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Did it look like a largely peaceful gathering?

1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

A couple of police horses attacked according to the radio, so yeah.

Just the left wing media shit stirring. 

2 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

A couple of police horses attacked according to the radio, so yeah.

Probably just your usual clumsy behaviour from the crowd

Edited by AlexLaw76
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

I love how you’ll say that here but on the Israel thread ask why Egypt should take Palestinian refugees as it’s not their responsibility.

It was clearly a joke based on the fact that St George wasn’t actually English. Not sure why you felt the need try and drag the Palestinians into it?

Anyway, anyone see Ducky and his buddies in the crowd?

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/apr/23/police-clash-with-st-georges-day-protesters-at-rally-in-central-london

Good to see Tommy and Lawrence there. It makes you proud to be English (another joke Lighthouse before you kick off again).