Have I Got News for You

Arizona

This show seriously needs a decent full time host. Used to be hilarious with Angus Deayton hosting, and at times still is, but most of the guest hosts are just cringeworthy. They just look so uncomfortable reading the jokes off the auto-que.

Anyone else watch it?

Jack Dee would be quality.

Brian Blessed made the funniest episode i've ever seen, but it wouldn't work on a regular basis.

i laughed so much that night. Would like to see him once in a while on there, maybe as a guest

Jack Dee would be quality.

Brian Blessed made the funniest episode i've ever seen, but it wouldn't work on a regular basis.

No, the funniest episode, by far, was the one after the Angus Deayton scandal (closely followed by the one with the tub of lard).

I agree though. It needs a proper host. Dunno who would be best though.

It's fair to say they won't be asking Ruth Jones back. Appalling and a crying shame in what could have been the funniest weeks ever after all that had happened.

Couple that with t*atface Corden and we can safely say Gavin and Stacey and all its related guff is a flash in the pan.

Bit like a couple of years back when everyone in the media decided that we all thought The Kumars was hilarious and they were hyped to infinity. They were sh**.

It's fair to say they won't be asking Ruth Jones back. Appalling and a crying shame in what could have been the funniest weeks ever after all that had happened.

Couple that with t*atface Corden and we can safely say Gavin and Stacey and all its related guff is a flash in the pan.

Bit like a couple of years back when everyone in the media decided that we all thought The Kumars was hilarious and they were hyped to infinity. They were sh**.

Completely agree, i've never seen the funny side of it.

That Horne guy is one of the worst, expressionless actors i've ever seen in my life.

Brian Blessed is doing another episode soon

He was on Richard & Judy, and confirmed it himself

I didn't think anybody watched Richard & Judy anymore?

Brian Blessed is quality, as is Jack Dee. For me, Boris Johnson as a full-time host would be... interesting (but equally brilliant)

The Bruce Forsyth episode was hilarious.

Hopefully that ****, Alan Duncan, is never on it as a guest again.

It does surprise me how small the pool of people who appear is. Some of them are very good but some are awful. There's some fat "comedian" called Brand I think (not Jo) who has been on it twice and is pathetic.

Alex Armstrong

Armando Ianucci

Jack Dee

Danny Baker

All would be good hosts.

Russell Brand for host imho, or Noel Fielding.

We're looking for a new host on a topical news quiz, not a nutter who can't string a coherent sentence together, but you happen to fancy. ;)

IMO the host should be someone who is witty and can deliver dead-pan humour naturally from the auto-que, without looking as uncomfortable as that bint did last night.

My first choice would be to have Angus back, but I'd be quite happy with Armstrong, Dee, Jimmy Carr or Clive Anderson. All intelligent and capable of satirising (is that a word?) a serious news story. Brand and Fielding would just be like, "uuhhh... so who's this Brown bloke?" all the time. It would get old very quickly. It would be good to have Blessed in maybe once a series as a guest, just for a laugh. Much the same as Boris used to before he got all mayorish (pretty sure that's not a word either).

We're looking for a new host on a topical news quiz, not a nutter who can't string a coherent sentence together, but you happen to fancy. ;)

IMO the host should be someone who is witty and can deliver dead-pan humour naturally from the auto-que, without looking as uncomfortable as that bint did last night.

My first choice would be to have Angus back, but I'd be quite happy with Armstrong, Dee, Jimmy Carr or Clive Anderson. All intelligent and capable of satirising (is that a word?) a serious news story. Brand and Fielding would just be like, "uuhhh... so who's this Brown bloke?" all the time. It would get old very quickly. It would be good to have Blessed in maybe once a series as a guest, just for a laugh. Much the same as Boris used to before he got all mayorish (pretty sure that's not a word either).

Tony Blair?

He would be a superb guest. Aside from an political persuasions people on here may have, Blair was an excellent public speaker and I'm sure the banter between him and Ian Hislop would be brilliant.

They've had William Hague on there before, so it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility.

I'd got very bored with Angus Deayton, by the time he'd got himself sacked. I find the different hosts a refreshing change, although there are some who make welcome returns. Of course, we'll never see Boris again [well not for a few years]. Brian Blessed was side splittingly funny, but we couldn't expect that every week. True, the last presenter was a disappointment.

They should ask Adrian Chiles to do a one off.

They already did.

Adrian: 'People keep coming up to me and saying, "hey you're that bloke off the telly, that Ray Mears bloke". I wonder if Ray Mears gets people running up to him and saying, "hey you're Adrian Chiles"'

Paul Merton: 'No, they probably run up to him and say, "Hi you're that Ray Mears bloke."'

:lol:

They already did.

Adrian: 'People keep coming up to me and saying, "hey you're that bloke off the telly, that Ray Mears bloke". I wonder if Ray Mears gets people running up to him and saying, "hey you're Adrian Chiles"'

Paul Merton: 'No, they probably run up to him and say, "Hi you're that Ray Mears bloke."'

:lol:

Funny post, do you write for the show?

Aw... I'm sorry mate. And Vettel didn't win either. What is it with this Red Bull anyway..?

For a moment there, someone thought I was actually funny. Oh well...

Anyway, nah, I want Button to be WDC, but Red Bull is definitely my favourite team. Has been since the days of Jaguar in the first half of the decade. Met Sebastian Bourdais in the Bull Shop at Spa last year. Managed to force my way through the crowd and get a photo with him, signed photo (which I gave to mini-Baj) and got him to sign the Red Bull flag I'd just bought. Out of the four RBR/STR drivers, he'd be my last choice for an autograph, but better than nothing.

• 12 years later...