Davide Astori Southampton target?

Pilchards

According to tuttocalciomercato Claudio Vigorelli which is astori agent i think is in england,to discuss a important offer from southampton, but says he would prefer a move to milan but there is offer on the table of milan yet.

I thought personal terms were sorted and we were just negotiating the fee with his club?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Need the Don to do a cracking sales job, and Gaston to phone him and and tell him (again) about the English vag.

Sell the dream boys, sell the dream.....

I can imagine their tour of Southampton to sell him the city will begin with lunch at Nicks restruant. Followed by a a walk around Mayflower Park where he might be lucky to catch a glimpse of some tourists setting sail one of the many wonderfuls ships to visit the port. They'll discuss contract terms as they walk past the Quays into West Quay, where Cortese will point out the wonderful shopping in high fashion outles such as Hollister, Republic and USC. They will take the lift in John Lewis which provides a panoramic view of Mamas and Papas before a lesuirely walk past the fining dining available at TJI Fridays and Frankie and Bennies where they will arrive at Oceana just in time for happy hour where they will down 2 for 1 cocktails before sealing the deal.

I can imagine their tour of Southampton to sell him the city will begin with lunch at Nicks restruant. Followed by a a walk around Mayflower Park where he might be lucky to catch a glimpse of some tourists setting sail one of the many wonderfuls ships to visit the port. They'll discuss contract terms as they walk past the Quays into West Quay, where Cortese will point out the wonderful shopping in high fashion outles such as Hollister, Republic and USC. They will take the lift in John Lewis which provides a panoramic view of Mamas and Papas before a lesuirely walk past the fining dining available at TJI Fridays and Frankie and Bennies where they will arrive at Oceana just in time for happy hour where they will down 2 for 1 cocktails before sealing the deal.

After that wonderful selling of our fine city, he would be a mug not to sign!

ps, you are wasted selling copiers/printers/paper. Should be in charge of tourism.

I'm in.....you forgot about Bedford place though!

I'm in.....you forgot about Bedford place though!

Damn, how could i have omited Cloud Wines and the numerous take aways which inlcude Teds Fish Bar, for the best traditional english take away money can buy, outside of which, there is of course ample parking for your Ferrari.

Edited by Turkish

Damn, how could i have omited Cloud Wines and the numerous take aways which inlcude Teds Fish Bar, for the best traditional english take away money can buy, outside of which, there is of course ample parking for your Ferrari.

It's all becoming a bit obvious now Turkish. You were mildly amusing some time ago but it's all getting a bit repetitive in a 'Has Skacel signed yet' sort of way.

It's all becoming a bit obvious now Turkish. You were mildly amusing some time ago but it's all getting a bit repetitive in a 'Has Skacel signed yet' sort of way.

Now now, Sarcastic yet optimistic Turkish is far more preferable to sarcastic and condescending Turkish.

Lets stick with this version.

Noticed an Independent Interview with Nige from about the end of December.

Here's an extract, sorry if it's already been posted

Adkins would not be drawn on whether he would make another move for the England goalkeeper and was similarly coy when asked about reports linking Southampton with Cagliari defender Davide Astori.

"I am aware of him, I know he is a good centre-half," Adkins said of the Italy international.

"We haven't put a bid in as far as I am aware and I don't think we've made any enquiries about him.

"You've asked me if I know about him and I know about him. We've got a very good European scouting network now.

"There are lots of players that we talk about, we are aware of, we scout but it doesn't mean we're going to buy them or make any inquiries.

"You need to be aware of them and that is something we have developed a lot over the last 12 months.

"Paul Mitchell has come in as head of recruitment from that point of view and it is something we've improved a hell of a lot of.

"We have a lot more contacts, a lot more of contacts we can ask, which is important."

PA

This ain't gonna happen is it :(((

Who knows - NA didn't deny it at all in his interview yesterday. Clearly an interest is there from us and there is a deal to be done. The issue is that also Milan seem to be keen, and they are a big club!

I could fully understand the player wanting to see who comes in for him before deciding, its a big move for him approaching the peak of his career.

Edited by Saint Charlie

http://www.gianlucadimarzio.com/calciomercato/hilton-live-astori-le-ultime-sulla-cessione-per-santon-milan/

Di Marzio also thinks Milan are going to try and sign Santon from Newcastle, which would be a disaster for Newcastle with Coloccini also wanting out.

There are also agents of Davide Santon and Davide Astori, at the Hilton Hotel. This is Claudio Vigorelli and Renzo Contract met the Cagliari for the sale of Defender. Cellino resists and does not spring, but Milan, Naples and Southampton press for Astori. For Santon in Milan, on the other hand, if you talk about in the coming days: Newcastle would at least 8 million.

Looks like we are becoming the only deal on the table.

Just like the Ramirez deal. Bologna did everything they could to be start a bidding war and hope that a bigger team than Saints offers more so they could save face with the fans. Ours was the only bid on the table though

Edited by Dig Dig

Still a lot of chat about AC Milan from Italian Journos but surely they would have just gone straight in for him if they really wanted him?

Disagree with people saying we will put a time limit on it. He seems to be our top target so whilst there is a chance we will stay in the hunt IMO and NA was coy when asked about him on Thursday.

We do need two CBs though I think.

'Good news for Soton, AC Milan are in talks with Federico Peluso a promising CB, they only want one of Peluso/ Astori. #saintsfc'

Looks like we are becoming the only deal on the table.

Deanovski didn't put the source of that quote in his post. It is from a random person on Twitter with no link, so lacks credibility.

https://twitter.com/Transfer___ITK/status/289876706095935488

Edited by Matthew Le God

Tancredi Palmeri saying:

For all those asking, no update re Astori to Southampton, for sure Cagliari standing by for a Milan move

This is something that ****es me off about our transfer policy. We have , presumably, made a substantial bid but his club - reasonably enough perhaps - want to start an auction.

I can't believe this is the only CB on our radar, or that we won't be able to sign one of similar calibre for the £we're talking of. So lets move on. Give Cagliari a 24/48 hr deadline - take it or we'll f^ck off somewhere else.

This is something that ****es me off about our transfer policy. We have , presumably, made a substantial bid but his club - reasonably enough perhaps - want to start an auction.

I can't believe this is the only CB on our radar, or that we won't be able to sign one of similar calibre for the £we're talking of. So lets move on. Give Cagliari a 24/48 hr deadline - take it or we'll f^ck off somewhere else.

How do you know we haven't moved on?