Sunderland 2 Saints 1 - Match & Reactions

Shroppie

Reasonable first half,not looked too troubled. Chambers good, Reed promising. Seem to bit the long diagonal to lthe left wing quite often. Not bad considering we've got our 2ns XI versus their first!

What I thought. If that is their best outfit, they're in more trouble than I thought.

Great games for assessing the 'depth'.

For those watching how does Reed look? Another good un?

Looks top drawer - very calm in possession, and can put in a good tackle. Ramirez has been impressive apart from the miss which he should have done much better with. Cork has been the standout one for me though so far. It shows how far we've come that a player of Cork's caliber can't get in our first XI.

Have to say it is good to see how much depth we have, even if we don't get the win here we have looked more then competitive against a near full-strength sunderland side.

Stand out is Cork so far, no surprises but Reed (I think it's Reed! The feed isn't fantastic and he's not exactly as recognizable as others yet!) looks promising and Chambers looks assured, good to see him kicking on.

For those watching how does Reed look? Another good un?

Looks top drawer - very calm in possession, and can put in a good tackle. Ramirez has been impressive apart from the miss which he should have done much better with. Cork has been the standout one for me though so far. It shows how far we've come that a player of Cork's caliber can't get in our first XI.

This.

Sorry but he looks like a £12M flop to me. I've kept my thoughts to myself for over a year on this, in the hope he'll show us he's just a slow developer/adapter...... but sorry, I can't just keep waiting and giving him a chance any more. Maybe if he was an academy prospect aged 17 or something but as a "proper adult" and at that price....... sorry No.

Said it.

you cant just keep waiting anymore? out of interest what are you going to do now you have stopped waiting? i suppose you could jump on the "call him gash" brigade on the internet. that will show him.

From a purest point of view........ 1 shot on target (Sunderland) in this half.

Poor barely sums it up.

So sorry for those that may have traveled from the south to watch this match (so far).

I am sure those travelling up were aware of the possibility it may not be our first team on display and still made the decision to travel. No need for sympathy, only admiration!

Ramirez is working hard and playing well.

Saints...scratch side thrown together and doing quite well.

Hopefully we can go on to win.

COYS

I have a bit of a juddering stream, but it does not surprise me that you have said this, as I see your one of his biggest apologists.

If Ramirez was half the player he is supposed to be, then he should be all over this tie and he is simply not.

I wish people would see him for what he is and not what he either potentially is or the myth that he is.

Hope I eat my words but I fail to see what 'class' he is offering the team.

I have a bit of a juddering stream, but it does not surprise me that you have said this, as I see your one of his biggest apologists.

If Ramirez was half the player he is supposed to be, then he should be all over this tie and he is simply not.

I wish people would see him for what he is and not what he either potentially is or the myth that he is.

Hope I eat my words but I fail to see what 'class' he is offering the team.

As I said..He is working hard and playing quite well..

people keep saying a near full strength sunderland side

I am sure I read somewhere that they have made 7 changes tonight...????

It is pretty much their full side.

Most of the team playing have played most of their premier league matches - their regulars -Colback, O;Shea, Johnson, Celusta, Altidore, Giaccherini, Gardner, Ki, - all started at least half of their league games, several almost every game. So 8 first choices - couple of suspensions haven't they so probably only one or two rested.

Turned on stream to see Ramirez running postivelly through the middle winning a free kick in good position - exactly as he has done several times and think we miss at times

people keep saying a near full strength sunderland side

I am sure I read somewhere that they have made 7 changes tonight...????

It is pretty much their full side.

Most of the team playing have played most of their premier league matches - their regulars -Colback, O;Shea, Johnson, Celusta, Altidore, Giaccherini, Gardner, Ki, - all started at least half of their league games, several almost every game. So 8 first choices - couple of suspensions haven't they so probably only one or two rested.

Turned on stream to see Ramirez running postivelly through the middle winning a free kick in good position - exactly as he has done several times and think we miss at times