Boruc Vs Forster

St Chalet

Who would you pick?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick?

Breaking out this discussion from the transfer thread. If we were lucky enough to have both. Who would you select as #1?

Personally for me it Boruc, top performer last season a couple of gaffs aside. Big figure in the dressing room and bat **** bonkers.

oh and one of the best records in the league last year.

http://www.manchesterlalala.com/best-goalkeepers-premier-league-2013-14/#.U9v51WK9KSM

I cannot see us spending £9-10m on a 2nd choice keeper tbh. Whatever happens, Forster would be the first choice and Boruc would then become the backup. He probably doesn't want to, hence the Bayern interest. As harsh as it sounds, that's probably the reality of it tbh.

Would be mental for us to spend nine or ten mil on a substitute goalkeeper. I think Boruc could walk if and when we sign Forster.

If he does we'll be back to square one which would negate the whole purpose.

I'm not convinced Forster is the right man anyway. SPL watching friend says he stays rooted to his line.

I'm happy on the whole with Boruc (except for his pïss poor kicking) as long as he doesn't monkey about on the ball. He is a known quantity, has been excellent value for money and is a good keeper of definite PL standard. Forster is expensive.

What about the other options. Kelvin seems to be not up to it. Gazza, well, having spent £2.5m on him shouldn't he really be challenging for 1st spot? As he isn't, why keep him?

The key point is distribution. The Dutch use the keeper as a sweeper and require him to be very comfortable with the ball at his feet. This is one of the poorest parts of Boruc's game. If Boruc had decent distribution then they wouldn't be looking to upgrade him.

Forster for me. Boruc is a great stopper but can't distribute newspapers.
Forster's distribution isn't much better. Forster dos have age going in his favour, how much longer would Borc go on for? It is the hardest postion n a modern day football squad to recruit for, back-up keeper.

Pointless signing Forster if we let Boruc go, need a back up with some chance of keeping a clean sheet.

Problem with Boruc is his distribution is so, so poor, as evidenced last night. If Forster's isnt any better than I wouldnt bother with him. But his must be because Boruc's is truely woeful.

Forester anyday. I don't think Boruc is very good at all.

I wouldn't say that myself, but I am a little confused by the Boruc myth. Dont get me wrong he's a character, but he's a liability when he kicks. 2-4 kicks per game straight out of play FFS! He hands over the initiative unnecessarily too much for me in the Premier League.love him to take Kelvins place though.

Forster, as our future. Love Boruc and quite possibly without signing him we'd have struggled more in our first Prem season. But if we sign Forster, he's our future (and media attention might dictate it so) and with one year left on his contract (and the fact we signed him on a free when no one else seemingly wanted him) I can see Boruc accepting that.

Ultimately though, we should sign Forster with a view to him "challenging" Boruc for the first team spot. Healthy competition.

Either way, Goodbye Gazza if it happens.

He is not over weight. He is a massive guy. Him over weight was what he was at end of his celtic days.

Really don't think Forsters distribution is any better than Boruc's. Only difference is it could improve as he is younger. I really hope 8 million isn't spent, Boruc goes and we are no better off than being less 8 million as someone above said.

Some how over summer all press can say are bout stoke and arsenal faults which he held his hands up too and stoke was a total freak incident. If he hadn't broke his hand who knows where we could have finished last year and if he'd won the golden glove

Always ask myself if Boruc REALLY feels happy at SMS? I like him as No.1 but KD and PG aren't in the same category(for different reasons), and we need reliable back-up / cover ( call it what you will)

In Boruc's 10 games absence(s) last season ...they (KD+PG) let in 20 goals between them, and we got only ONE win in those games. (indirectly it cost us an even higher League finish).

I'd be sorry to see Artur go, but in football nothing surprises anymore.....and IMO Forster would be a good replacement, but who would be HIS back-up)?

Super Kel will be No.2.

He isn't good enough for PL football I'm afraid.

Kelv seems a top bloke, did the biz rising through the divisions and is amusing in videos.

Rabbit in headlights at this level. Gazzaniga was preferred. Don't think he will be our 2nd choice again.

Kelv seems a top bloke, did the biz rising through the divisions and is amusing in videos.

Rabbit in headlights at this level. Gazzaniga was preferred. Don't think he will be our 2nd choice again.

Which is what was wrong with the goalkeeper position last season. (Though I think Kelvin was injured at the wrong time.)

Forster with Boruc as back up has a much better ring to it.