Were Lowe & Wilde at tonights game?

Totton Red

As Jan stated that the team would remain unchanged to a certain degree, it was a massively important game in respect of the unit performing? A win would be collectively essential to take forward to the imposing game on Saturday. I'm sure that those in power understood the significance of a first win against half decent opponents this season. Was the whole club united?

As Jan stated that the team would remain unchanged to a certain degree, it was a massively important game in respect of the unit performing? A win would be collectively essential to take forward to the imposing game on Saturday. I'm sure that those in power understood the significance of a first win against half decent opponents this season. Was the whole club united?

Are you a fan of closed threads?

ask the people who received the secret text message... ;)

I reckon this thread might stay open provided nobody gets abusive or silly... ;)

It's a fair question in any case of any game. Personally I don't believe directors need to be at games because they do other work at Saints throughout the week.

Edited by TopGun

Ok, look, this is going to be a little inflammatory. This theme, although a valid discussion point, has proved a little troublesome tonight, so I'm going to let this run on the proviso that there's zero abuse from either side of the unavoidable debate.

For the record, this is not a relaxation on the rule of reposting locked themes, this is me trying to be fair and let a valid discussion build. Don't make look a fool, please.

The team/coaches and a good turn out of fans were there and that is more important than one or two directors who most of us behind the goal would not have a clue if the two chairmen were there or not.

We have a very good side who will only get better and is much better than many of the games I saw last season. Let us get with the team but a few prayers are still needed.

Ok, look, this is going to be a little inflammatory. This theme, although a valid discussion point, has proved a little troublesome tonight, so I'm going to let this run on the proviso that there's zero abuse from either side of the unavoidable debate.

For the record, this is not a relaxation on the rule of reposting locked themes, this is me trying to be fair and let a valid discussion build. Don't make look a fool, please.[/quote

Ponty....respect to you as the whole issue is important to us sitting on the touchline. Every game matters to many SFC supporters and every move by those in power matters.

I doubt we will be seeing much of Wilde at games this season as each match attended takes a big chunk out of the 90 days he is allowed in the country each year. He doesn't have a valid function at SFC anyway by all accounts so won't really be missed. As for Lowe, well, being generous, maybe he is still on his holiday that prevented him from attending the recent fans forum.

Turning up for matches is the ONLY way Lowe and Wilde can convince the fan base that they care about on-field events, rather than protecting their assets.

As such, it would be the quickest way (possibly the only way) to reach some sort of rappaproachment with the fan base.

Lowe and behold, they dont bother......

The message is clear....

For the record, this is not a relaxation on the rule of reposting locked themes, this is me trying to be fair and let a valid discussion build. Don't make look a fool, please.

Sorry Ponty it seems to me you're in the wrong here. What is wrong with discussing this? Are you acting as some kind of censor? If so I would welcome a proper explanation please.

Turning up for matches is the ONLY way Lowe and Wilde can convince the fan base that they care about on-field events, rather than protecting their assets.

As such, it would be the quickest way (possibly the only way) to reach some sort of rappaproachment with the fan base.

Lowe and behold, they dont bother......

The message is clear....

If that was the case why did they turn up at pre season friendlies? Maybe there was a good reason they were not there, but that would not fit in with your agenda would it?

We won a match and all you can do it bleat on about Lowe again Alpine, give it a rest and enjoy the fact we are through to the next round (or are you gutted that we won?)

A lot of people, including me, questioned MW's ability to be committed to 'the cause' when he took the reins from Lowe a couple of years ago. The 90 day rule was clearly going to affect his ability to attend the number of matches that would have us believe his heart was really in it. Well, nothing's changed regarding that tax law, so nothing was likely to change regarding his attendance. I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised about that.

As for Lowe, well I think he should be at every match personally, but if (and only if) he is still to return from Canada then his attendance would've been a particular feat. That said, surely the fishing season in Canada isn't so restrictive that it had to encompass the first couple of games of the season? I don't know the answer to that, and everyone should have the right to a holiday/vacation.

In all, poor show by both of them, but in this instance perhaps it was to be expected (Wilde) and was unavoidable (Lowe).

Sorry Ponty it seems to me you're in the wrong here. What is wrong with discussing this? Are you acting as some kind of censor? If so I would welcome a proper explanation please.

Are we not discussing it?

And yes, I am acting as a censor for abuse.

If that was the case why did they turn up at pre season friendlies? Maybe there was a good reason they were not there, but that would not fit in with your agenda would it?

We won a match and all you can do it bleat on about Lowe again Alpine, give it a rest and enjoy the fact we are through to the next round (or are you gutted that we won?)

The reason they werent there is that neither of them could be bothered with such a long trip on a mid-week evening. Considering Lowe lives in the West Country, that is shocking.

I expressed my pleasure at our first competitive win under JP last night, but I'll reserve the right to continue to say things as I see them, thanks.

And you should watch out with the baiting - I am led to believe the mods are going to be much tougher this time round.

The reason they werent there is that neither of them could be bothered with such a long trip on a mid-week evening. Considering Lowe lives in the West Country, that is shocking.

I expressed my pleasure at our first competitive win under JP last night, but I'll reserve the right to continue to say things as I see them, thanks.

And you should watch out with the baiting - I am led to believe the mods are going to be much tougher this time round.

So you have concrete evidence, can you please provide the link so I can read for myself the facts, thanks. :D

Just got back to Jersey flying FLYBE directly from Exeter via Guernsey.

The Board were represented by myself and Andrew Cowen, Rupert does not return from his holiday in Canada until Thursday.

Thank you for your interest.

Cheers

Did you enjoy the game and are you pleased with how the team is progressing

The Board were represented by myself and Andrew Cowen, Rupert does not return from his holiday in Canada until Thursday.

Cheers

Must be an impostor.

Didnt finish his post with his signature "COYR"

So as a passionate supporter of the club what was your reason for not making the long trip? Geographical distance by your own criteria is not an excuse.

Cheers

And there you go.

I assume that this really is Michael Wilde then. Obviously anybody could set up an account under any name, but I imagine the admin team would be very sure to check the credentials of anybody registering as the club chairman...

Ponty?

I could be wrong but I think people are missing the point behind the original thread that was raised on this last night.

The key observation was not about Wilde and/or Lowe apparently not being there but what they were doing instead. It was hinted at that they may have been 'elsewhere' dealing with something to do with 'the future of SFC'.

So, the thread was not designed to have a pop at the powers that be not being there but to understand where they were instead. Obviously if they were somewhere 'private' (e.g. on holiday) then that's the end of the line of enquiry but, as I say, it was suggested they were doing 'something else' connected with the club.....

That's all.

Edited by trousers