Pistorius Shoots His Girlfriend

Guided Missile

It's a better system bletch, you can't trust the public. The public watch X-factor, voted for the nazis and buy cold play albums.

I had a mate doing jury service. He was judging over a rape case and two of the other female members of the jury wanted to find the guy guilty of rape "just in case he was a rapest", the evidence against him wasn't string but they couldn't bare the thought of setting a "potential rapest" free. That are supposedly your peers.

Quire bizarre. By the way it is rapist and if the evidence wasn't string what diffence does that make? I might but Coldpay (not cold play) albums and watch the X Factor but at least I can use the English language.

If only all problems in society were fixable by not typing on an iPhone in a car and by turning off predictive text. You didn't mention the nazis? I take it you would have sent him down then just in case or was your post just to demonstrate how good you are at your native language? Anata sagoi ne!

Chief Magistrate remarked on the recovery of the cricket bat and subject of forensic testing..

He stated during the hearing.... to determine if the bat had been used to break down the toilet door....

At no time did he mention if tests would also determine if the bat had possibly been used as a weapon on Miss Steenkamp...

It was stated before the bail hearing that there was blood on the bat and forensic tests needed to prove if the victims blood.(alleged Police statement)

It was also stated that the victim had received head injuries suspected of being the result of blows to the head from a blunt instrument.(alleged Police statement)

If these facts are to be believed.....strange that the Police gave that info out to press?

And strange that there appears no mention in the hearing about the alleged head injuries to the victim (other than bullet entries)

Conclusion...

No such bat related head injuries to the skull of Miss Steenkamp.......

No blood on said cricket bat for the Chief Magistrate to comment on. (AS STATED ABOVE..HE COMMENTED ON BAT RE POSSIBLE TESTS RE DOOR)

Did the Police tell porkies to the press re Miss Steenkamp having a crushed skull?

Did the family lie re Miss Steenkamp head injuries?

WHY did the Magistrate NOT ask further questions re the other possible use of the bat...in a two hour summing up after many hours of detailed bail hearing..

He asked re bat and door...........Simple question is there any suspicion of bat and use on victim?

He asked enough questions re wounds from bullets fired.

If it transpires she does have head injuries from a weapon ie the cricket bat.......IS there a reason the Chief Magistrate did not want

the court to hear that IN EVIDENCE OF HER WOUNDS... OR as stated.......there NEVER were such injuries sustained by Miss Steenkamp.

As I have stated before.............I believe OP was always going to get bail at all costs......

Will be interesting to see if the lady has skull injuries as alleged...

IF she has such damage to the skull.......No doubt the defence will try to show that the victim sustained such injuries from falling and hitting her head.

In my opinion Mr Botha was an idiot placed in charge by The Chief of Police knowing he would help the defence and the Chief Magistrate....

Case stinks to high heaven...........Bail hearing confirmed what I suspected.

PS........ If no such injuries to the skull of the victim...........

The defence lawyer would have made a massive case of this in the hearing...

to prove the story was re suspected intruder and the Police statements prior to hearing biased and like their case unfounded..

WE will see...

Strange all these "police statements" are only getting international coverage and absolutely bugger all back here in South Africa. Particularly the bat story.

Strange all these "police statements" are only getting international coverage and absolutely bugger all back here in South Africa. Particularly the bat story.

Tend to find the media report more fact based stuff in SA than the tittle tattle you get here. Also there are less news outlets.

What is the general take of it all out there given that he is so well known and obviously guilty? You would need a mental age of a 3 year old to believe his story.

It's a better system bletch, you can't trust the public. The public watch X-factor, voted for the nazis and buy cold play albums.

I had a mate doing jury service. He was judging over a rape case and two of the other female members of the jury wanted to find the guy guilty of rape "just in case he was a rapest", the evidence against him wasn't string but they couldn't bare the thought of setting a "potential rapest" free. That are supposedly your peers.

Worryingly, pretty much the same happened to me when I was on a jury a few years ago. A daughter accused her father of rape and, despite there being no evidence of wrongdoing, two female members of the jury insisted he was guilty. Their only reasoning was "Why would she lie about something like that?" They refused to budge and in the end the judge invited a majority decision, which was enough to knock it on the head. If I ever found myself on trial, I would feel far more comfortable with the South African system of professionals deciding. Also, I wouldn't ever again have to be shut in a room with two obdurate dinlos again.

Worryingly, pretty much the same happened to me when I was on a jury a few years ago. A daughter accused her father of rape and, despite there being no evidence of wrongdoing, two female members of the jury insisted he was guilty. Their only reasoning was "Why would she lie about something like that?" They refused to budge and in the end the judge invited a majority decision, which was enough to knock it on the head. If I ever found myself on trial, I would feel far more comfortable with the South African system of professionals deciding. Also, I wouldn't ever again have to be shut in a room with two obdurate dinlos again.

Had the same thing happen to me when I was on jury service.

We had an uncle accused of sexual abuse and despite being a bit eccentric, the accusations didn't stack up. All the women on the jury had made their minds up due to the severity of the case and when me and a fellow juror argued that we had to be "beyond reasonable doubt" we were shouted down. It was horrendous. After hours of deliberation the judge went with the 10-2 and the blokes life - and his families - lives were ruined forever.

The undecided women in the jury were bullied by 3-4 of the *****ier ones, who reasoned with them "Oh, he won't go to jail - he'll probably do some community service or something". Yes, you read that right. That was their understanding of the law. Unreal.

Even during the case, the judge was steering the jury towards a "not guilty" and kept reminding us all that we had to be "beyond all reasonable doubt" .

That guy is still banged up, as far as I'm aware.

faraway re Strange all these "police statements" are only getting international coverage

Its not strange at all, just down to the huge hoards of journos who get a trip to SA and then sensationalise and put everything under a microscope so they can look good on TV with an an exclusive load of bolocks story. I never heard them question once the evidence that BOtha was spouting out. That is Until the defence and whoever announced his past

What is the general take of it all out there given that he is so well known and obviously guilty? You would need a mental age of a 3 year old to believe his story.
Overwhelming consensus is that he did it but he'll probably get done for manslaughter. Case is being handled bloody awfully though.

Thing i am gutted about is that i don't have to move house till next year and that estate is only up the road from me so could of got a real good deal on property there at the moment if i moved now.

Agree with faraway, no one just gets up and pumps a load of shells into the bathroom into someone crouched down on the floor (not your typical peeing position) before checking if the woman next to you is in bed.

Thought he used to be a good guy until olympics when he accused a guy who beat him of being a cheat and he apparently has history of emotional outbursts or fights.

Wish same spotlight was placed on all crime here especially terrible one's like this - http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2013/02/06/raped-cape-town-girl-named-attacker-before-she-died-report

• 1 year later...

I see Pistorius is charged with both murder and the illegal possession of ammunition. Without claiming to understand all the ins and outs of this particular case, or indeed the intricacies of the S African legal system, I'm somewhat surprised to see that an alternate manslaughter charge has not also be brought.

Whether he truly intended to shot and kill "with malice a aforethought" his girlfriend is arguable. The fact that he did actually intend to kill someone is not in question.

He's certainly guilty of something.

I see Pistorius is charged with both murder and the illegal possession of ammunition. Without claiming to understand all the ins and outs of this particular case, or indeed the intricacies of the S African legal system, I'm somewhat surprised to see that an alternate manslaughter charge has not also be brought.

Whether he truly intended to shot and kill "with malice a aforethought" his girlfriend is arguable. The fact that he did actually intend to kill someone is not in question.

He's certainly guilty of something.

We have culpable homicide, not manslaughter.

Edited by farawaysaint
Screw it, too much detail.

Thing i am gutted about is that i don't have to move house till next year and that estate is only up the road from me so could of got a real good deal on property there at the moment if i moved now.

Agree with faraway, no one just gets up and pumps a load of shells into the bathroom into someone crouched down on the floor (not your typical peeing position) before checking if the woman next to you is in bed.

Thought he used to be a good guy until olympics when he accused a guy who beat him of being a cheat and he apparently has history of emotional outbursts or fights.

Wish same spotlight was placed on all crime here especially terrible one's like this - http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2013/02/06/raped-cape-town-girl-named-attacker-before-she-died-report

I hear you would have very nice neighbours in that neck of the woods :D