Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 84 of 84

Thread: Tyreke Johnson

  1. #51

    Default

    think tyreke along with obafemi look our best youngsters at the moment. some great end product on a couple of curved balls in especially the ball he played that was perfect for long.. he did more attacking wise in 45 mins then Valery has in all his games put together..
    I actually think he maybe even better if used in the Redmond or Armstrong positions as back up to those two.we are short for back up in these positions so why not?

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pimpin4rizeal View Post
    think tyreke along with obafemi look our best youngsters at the moment. some great end product on a couple of curved balls in especially the ball he played that was perfect for long.. he did more attacking wise in 45 mins then Valery has in all his games put together..
    I actually think he maybe even better if used in the Redmond or Armstrong positions as back up to those two.we are short for back up in these positions so why not?
    Isn't that because Valery is a defender whereas Johnson is naturally a winger?

  3. Default Video: Tyreke Johnson feature interview


  4. #54

    Default

    Gone on loan to National League Woking...

    https://wokingfc.co.uk/news/article/6708/

    Surprising as thought he would be at a higher level than that for a loan.


  5. #55

    Default

    Highlights the danger of overhyping Academy players with little evidence beyond the tepid U23 league of how good they really are.

    Other recent examples: Seager, Olomola, Jones and to a lesser extent, Hesketh.

    Its bloody difficult for a player to break into a PL first team. For every JWP or Shaw there are thousands of Ryan Doble's and Richard Bakary's.

    Will be interesting to see whether the likes of Vokins, Slattery and Smallbone make the grade...but absolutely no guarentee they will.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    Gone on loan to National League Woking...

    https://wokingfc.co.uk/news/article/6708/

    Surprising as thought he would be at a higher level than that for a loan.

    Ditto. Good experience for him, but never quite sure what to make of young players going out on loan to that level.

  7. #57

    Default

    Damn, I know he was hauled off at half-time, but I didn't think he looked National League bad against Derby.

  8. Default

    A positive aspect of this is this free's up another U23 spot for a promising youngster coming through from the U18's.

  9. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HarvSFC View Post
    Damn, I know he was hauled off at half-time, but I didn't think he looked National League bad against Derby.
    Me niether. I thought he looked quite promising. Shows how much I know

  10. #60

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Hurworth-On-Tees, nr Darlington
    Posts
    673

    Default

    Maybe this represents something of a change in approach to loaning out players? Loaning them out to Championship or League 1 teams hasn't always worked. So many of our players have ended up sitting on the bench and getting less experience instead of more. At least loaning them out at that level has a better chance if gaining them a regular starting spot which may then lead to interest at a higher level with the hope of quickly becoming a starter at that level too.

    Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

  11. #61

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    19,958
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Was very raw but thought he put in a few nice balls against Derby.

  12. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Was very raw but thought he put in a few nice balls against Derby.
    Did he play left wing-back that night?

    With Vokins stepping up, we don't have a huge number of left-backs for the U23's that I can think of off the top of my head.

    Kameron Ledwidge is the only one I can think of.

  13. #63

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Forest
    Posts
    5,828

    Default

    Stumped by this move. He has always looked the part unlike Obefami yet it's the latter who has caught Ralph's eye.

    Guess it's hard to know what to do with some promising young players as even younger ones push up into the U23s. We don't want to block pathways but there are only so many kids that can be in the first team squad.

  14. #64

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    19,958
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Did he play left wing-back that night?

    With Vokins stepping up, we don't have a huge number of left-backs for the U23's that I can think of off the top of my head.

    Kameron Ledwidge is the only one I can think of.

    Think so yes.

  15. #65

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rothschild and Soros HQ
    Posts
    19,958
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HarvSFC View Post
    Damn, I know he was hauled off at half-time, but I didn't think he looked National League bad against Derby.

    Was already on a yellow that night and diving in with some silly challenges IIRC.

  16. Default

    Saints confirm it’s a 6 month deal: https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2...king-loan-deal

  17. #67

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Blackfield, Southampton
    Posts
    1,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Saints confirm it’s a 6 month deal: https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2...king-loan-deal
    Im surprised its not to a championship or league 1 club, no disrespect to Woking. I thought Johnson looked good in the couple of starts he had last season against Derby. However good luck to him.

  18. #68

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In the doghouse...again
    Posts
    3,618

    Default

    It's lower than he'll end up but it'll do him good playing at that level for 6 months. I'd be interested to see where they play him - perhaps he's gone to get game time at full back or wing back.

  19. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by egg View Post
    It's lower than he'll end up but it'll do him good playing at that level for 6 months. I'd be interested to see where they play him - perhaps he's gone to get game time at full back or wing back.
    Says he’s a winger in the rather awkward club interview.

  20. #70

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In the doghouse...again
    Posts
    3,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Says he’s a winger in the rather awkward club interview.
    That's his natural position but it looked at times last year that we were trying to convert him. The move makes more sense if he was going there to get game time in a different role, otherwise it looks like an acceptance that this is his level and he's putting himself in the shop window. From what I've seen he's a bit above the conference.

  21. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wayman View Post
    Stumped by this move. He has always looked the part unlike Obefami yet it's the latter who has caught Ralph's eye.

    Guess it's hard to know what to do with some promising young players as even younger ones push up into the U23s. We don't want to block pathways but there are only so many kids that can be in the first team squad.
    In the fans evening event, RH mentioned just because a youth player had played for the first team once or twice did not mean they had made it. They had to have the right attitude that got them there and needed to maintain it, and some where not doing it and would have to start again (paraphrasing). I think TJ is one he was referring to, among others. Think you can slacken off as you have played in the first team? Think again and prove you can keep improving. BTW, no suggestion of billy big boots, just that the intense effort RH demands dropped a tad.

    He made comments about Obefami not looking after himself, and maybe the lad took it on board and responded as RH wanted, so he stays and TJ is taught a valuable lesson?

  22. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wayman View Post
    Stumped by this move. He has always looked the part unlike Obefami yet it's the latter who has caught Ralph's eye.

    Guess it's hard to know what to do with some promising young players as even younger ones push up into the U23s. We don't want to block pathways but there are only so many kids that can be in the first team squad.
    Johnson looked very average yet Obafemi looked decent. If Obafemi can stay fit he will be very good. There is a reason why johnson is going to Woking.

    Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

  23. #73

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fighting Messageboard injustice, Everywhere
    Posts
    2,878

    Default

    There really is very little difference in the standard from National League to EFL2. Are Woking full time professional?

  24. #74

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    W4
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Armani Little was one of Woking's better players last season.

  25. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marino View Post
    Armani Little was one of Woking's better players last season.
    Bit of a free-kick specialist wasn’t he?

  26. #76

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fighting Messageboard injustice, Everywhere
    Posts
    2,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Bit of a free-kick specialist wasn’t he?
    Now playing for the mighty Gulls, TUFC.

    Last edited by Faz; 03-08-2019 at 05:02 AM.

  27. #77

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    'Ampshire
    Posts
    2,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Wayman View Post
    Stumped by this move. He has always looked the part unlike Obefami yet it's the latter who has caught Ralph's eye.

    Guess it's hard to know what to do with some promising young players as even younger ones push up into the U23s. We don't want to block pathways but there are only so many kids that can be in the first team squad.
    As others have said, Obafemi looks to have taken on board Ralph's comments and looks in good shape judging by Saturday.

    I'm surprised TJ has gone this low down on loan, but it'll give him game time every week and will probably toughen the kid up a bit as he'll get kicked a lot.

    He was part of the U23's who lost in the Hampshire Cup at Basingstoke towards the end of last season and, although he scored, he spent the whole night looking like he wanted to be somewhere else.

    There's a Woking fan in the office so i'll try and get some updates from him as to how he's getting on.

  28. Default

    Just grabbed Woking’s equaliser.

  29. Default Johnson completes Hartford Athletic loan


  30. #80

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Windsor...ish.
    Posts
    12,697

    Default

    Hope he kicks on after his injury. I genuinely could not have told you what Radhi Jaidi was up to though! That was random!

  31. Default

    I thought Jaidi has been discredited ie pushed out for incompetence in preparing the youngsters to be ready for first team.
    If so, seems odd we would send him off to Jaidi again. A bit like sending a track athlete to Salazar.

  32. #82

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Posts
    31,093
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Jaidi is still close to the club and has gone to America for experience. There's a possibility he will return at some point.

  33. #83

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    22,836

    Default

    Christ that's a low level loan. If that's his standard, why did we give him a new contract?

  34. #84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adriansfc View Post
    Christ that's a low level loan. If that's his standard, why did we give him a new contract?
    Has he been injured? Chance to play competitive games throughout summer?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •