Why do you support The Saints?

SO16_Saint

Not sure really - growing up in Somerset, it was more a Liverpool/Man Utd monopoly, but all the family live or lived in Southampton/Winchester area.

I remember watching a game on ITV in 1992 - Man City against Saints, which was won 1-0 thanks to a header from Ian Dowie.

Sadly I can still remember the team to this day.... it had no Le Tissier in it!

Was the only Saints fan in secondary school too!

My parents weren't interested in sport, and neither was I.We lived in a place where there WAS no local team... well, I suppose I could have picked Peterborough...

Anyway, my Mum's family were from Titchfield, and her brother had been a season ticket holder at the Dell since the 60s, so every Xmas we used to get something from him bought in the club shop. So, despite having almost zero interest in football, but nevertheless also being a boy, I had to have a team. Carrying a Super Saints bag to school I couldn't very well say I 'supported' Liverpool, or Spurs or whatever the right answer would have been for an easy life.

Then during the 80s I forgot about football again, until it kind of became fashionable around Italia 90 and everything. With my uncle still around, I renewed my acquaintance with Saints, and started to take more of an interest, getting down South for a game or two at the Dell, then St Mary's and away games in London. I saw 3 games in the first League 1 season.. Bought the shirt, had my photo taken at the Ted Bates statue...

Obviously all this makes me a terrible plastic, one of the worst. But on the other hand, I've never pretended to be anything else, so...

I picked it up from my dad, who was born about as far from Southampton as it's possible to be in Britain. He grew up in Mey, a remote village further north than John O' Groats, and supported Aberdeen through stints in Stirling and London until he moved to Andover in his 30s. He then picked his nearest league team and - to my perpetual amazement - managed to completely transfer his support. I can't imagine doing the same if I moved to Scotland but hey, the Dons and the Saints are both doing alright at the moment. I was born in Andover and started going to Saints games with him after moving to Winchester aged 10.

My grandfather on my mother's side was also a season ticket holder from the 40s until some time in the 90s.

Edited by DuncanRG

Born in Southampton up the General where the car park now sits, lived in Bitterne till I was five when my little sporting interests parents moved to a then remote village in North Ampshoire as my Dad worked London before the M3 was built. Went to the Village school where after Leeds united slipped off their lofty perch the other kids at school changed Football team allegiances like the Church weather vane in a Tornado. As I liked Football I realised the City I was born in had a team and that was it.

My Grandparents lived in Shirley so I was quickly up to speed with the Saints as they had the Echo every night and my Granny would cut out and save everything printed about them for me, pretty much up until when she died in 2001.

My Wife bought a brick for her and one for me which is in the Chapel Wall next to each other, shame was she never saw it or the "will The Saints ever get that" new Stadium.

Born in Texas, live in Texas.

I am one of those Americans that "picked" a team to support. I began supporting the Saints at the beginning of the 2013-2014 season. So the question is why, when I have no real ties to Southampton.

First a few general conditions. I have always been a fan of football but just even a decade ago, exposure to the EPL was very limited. How did it get broadened in America? Two things in my opinion

1) FIFA Soccer video game for Xbox or Playstation. Wildly popular in America - people began to learn teams, players through the video game.

2) NBCSN's gonzo coverage of the Premier League starting in the 2013-2014 season. Generally, 6 hours of coverage Saturday morning. Secondly, the ability to stream live any game allowed a supporter to see every game if desired. You could not be shut out if you were interested. It's hard to be a fan, if you can only watch 5 games a year.

So, why Southampton?

1) I didn't want to pick an obvious team, an "easy" team, a la Chelsea or Man U, or the very trendy Liverpool (in America). I tend to take paths least traveled.

2) I wanted to pick a team who wasn't an obvious relegation threat. If I had picked Norwich last year, what is my outlet to support them this year? A few internet reports on ESPN.com? No fun.

3) I was attracted to the home grown English element of Southampton. It seemed in England Southampton was everyone's second favorite team.

4) I didn't want to pick a London based team. I liked the regional aspect of Southampton. South England's team. No other competing clubs near by in the Premier League.

5) Did seem like an up and comer and at the time they were a very young team; Chambers, JWP, Shaw.. (remember, this is 2013)

6) They seemed to have good ownership in place and were starting to spend a little money.. Ramirez, Osvaldo, etc. (remember, this is 2013)

So, I decided then and there I would support Southampton through thick and thin.. whether we had 25 points by mid November or 4 points. wouldn't matter. I have been rewarded and so far it has been a very thrilling 2 years.

I know some might consider my journey to support Southampton as "not putting the time in" or "not as authentic" or "I haven't suffered through the really dark times" or "just another American getting in our business" but I am OK with people feeling that. God knows these are great times, I feel fortunate. I mention and talk about Southampton to anyone who will listen here in American/Texas. So, I consider Southampton "my team" but if by some awful set of circumstances we find ourselves in League One ten years from now, I will still support them, even if my only outlet for information is a single line fixture result posted on BBC.com and this website. :)

A mixture of peer pressure, proximity and holding onto home when I went to University.

I've loved football since a young age, always looked out for results and latched onto Saints when my family moved to Colden Common. As a teenager I'm not ashamed, i'm proud to state that Margate were my main focus, I was born in Kent and following their charge from the second tier of the southern league to the conference was exhilarating, never mind the modest standing, they were brilliant between 1996-2001. I always looked out for Saints though, my local top flight side. All the kids at school did after all. An early trip to the Dell to witness a 1-1 draw with Leeds on an August bank holiday in 1995 (I think) thanks to Dad ensured they were directly on my radar even while I became wrapped up in the exploits of the "mighty" 'Gate.

It really took off at University, after moving away. I had finally been able to afford to go to Saints games in sixth form, going to occasional matches just after the move to St Mary's, spurred on by Dad getting us tickets for the last ever game at the Dell v Brighton. At Uni my accent (very Winchester) and wearing of replica shirts gave me a unique place alongside the inevitable droves of plastics. It helped intensify my support for the Saints as I could follow them easily online and in games televised in the S.U. It reminded me where I was from, and of the part of the country I love. It was part of me.

From then on, through good and for a time what seemed to be endless bad I could only be a Saint. The 4-0 away defeat at Hillsborough (Kelvin for England....), The play-off defeat at Derby (So much f**king rain....), observing us departing the championship with barely a whimper away to Forest while my career ensured I was in an airport departure lounge..(curses, should have been there...).... all serving as incredible counterpoint to what is happening now. The crap makes the good times better, but whatever happens, we march on.

I'm now back in Hampshire and love that I can follow my team without an insane round trip. There is a lot to be said for home...... Southampton, Hampshire, where the heart is. I feel for the plastics who do not have that connection to the clubs they "choose." They don't know what they are missing!

Edited by Colinjb

I grew up on Hollybank Estate in Hythe from 1960-68. I used to go down to the local newsagent on the estate every Saturday evening to pick up a copy of the Southern Evening Echo's pink edition - with its detailed description of that day's game on the front and back cover. I went to St. Mary's College in Bitterne Park (John Sydenham was a former St. Mary's boy). My first visit to The Dell was in about 1963 - always stood behind the goal. I think it cost sixpence (6d) for boys in those days.

One of the great days of my youth was when Saints were runners-up in Division Two and got promoted to the First Division. And then we got the great Ron Davies. Ron Davies, John Sydenham and Terry Paine. Those were the days!

After I emigrated with my family to Canada in 1969 it became difficult to follow the exploits of my team. And then came the wonders of the internet! I started following the Saints closely again in the days of manager David Jones.

Now my good friend Tony (who was in First Form at St. Mary's College the same year as me, 1964-65) and I listen to every Saints game together via Saints Player. He lives in Wimbledon; I'm in Hamilton. We text back-and-forth on Skype about the game and chat about how our week has gone. The internet is an amazing and wonderful thing!

I've never really been sure why.

In regional Western Australia when I played as a kid all the junior teams - and a lot of the senior ones - were named after giant Euro clubs. IC Juventus was the one I played for. This is Bunbury, which is as far away from Turin as you can get really. But whatever. There was a Milan side, and a Man United and a few others. Never thought about it as a kid it's just the way it was.

It was the late 80s, when football in Australia was still seen as just for "wogs and pooftahs". For more on that, read this http://www.randomhouse.com.au/books/johnny-warren/sheilas-wogs-and-poofters-9781740512220.aspx

Probably most kids were Liverpool fans cause Craig Johnston was the biggest name in Aussie terms at the time. But I leant more to Man U for some reason. Certainly I followed them for a while, so still have a little bit of a soft spot.

But watching league highlights in the early-mid 90s there was just something about the The Dell that came across on the tv. Small, atmospheric, exciting. I dunno. And then watching Le Tissier smashing goals in the mid-90s, combined with the "thrill" of successive relegation battles got me hooked. Everyone loves an underdog.

Post-relegation was tough because it was hard to keep track of things here. So admittedly I missed a lot of the rougher times.

Been well worth the ride though. Missed out on a lot of sleep watching games over the years. My missus thinks I'm mad. The poor girl doesn't understand.

tl;dr - Le Tiss, The Dell, the ride. Love it.

Born in North Hants but moved to Surrey when quite young remember watching 1970 FA Cup final on tv my brother supported Chelsea so I opted for Leeds that day but thought this is no good need support team where I came from so choices were 1st div Saints 2nd Pompey 3rd Bournemouth 4th Aldershot.

So saints it was first game away at Chelsea 1970 lost 0-3 but soon after saw us beat Forest at the Dell 4-1 in a relegation battle another that we won and that was that . Probably only Saints fan at school then remember losing to Leeds 0-7 and Everton 0-8 but saw us win cup in 76 and over years see saints at about 60different grounds (some which now don't exist )including trips to Europe.

Had ST for over 20 years and moved down and live in soton last 15 years .

Saints part of my DNA it's a way of life.

I am one of those Americans that "picked" a team to support. I began supporting the Saints at the beginning of the 2013-2014 season. So the question is why, when I have no real ties to Southampton.

First a few general conditions. I have always been a fan of football but just even a decade ago, exposure to the EPL was very limited. How did it get broadened in America? Two things in my opinion

1) FIFA Soccer video game for Xbox or Playstation. Wildly popular in America - people began to learn teams, players through the video game.

2) NBCSN's gonzo coverage of the Premier League starting in the 2013-2014 season. Generally, 6 hours of coverage Saturday morning. Secondly, the ability to stream live any game allowed a supporter to see every game if desired. You could not be shut out if you were interested. It's hard to be a fan, if you can only watch 5 games a year.

So, why Southampton?

1) I didn't want to pick an obvious team, an "easy" team, a la Chelsea or Man U, or the very trendy Liverpool (in America). I tend to take paths least traveled.

2) I wanted to pick a team who wasn't an obvious relegation threat. If I had picked Norwich last year, what is my outlet to support them this year? A few internet reports on ESPN.com? No fun.

3) I was attracted to the home grown English element of Southampton. It seemed in England Southampton was everyone's second favorite team.

4) I didn't want to pick a London based team. I liked the regional aspect of Southampton. South England's team. No other competing clubs near by in the Premier League.

5) Did seem like an up and comer and at the time they were a very young team; Chambers, JWP, Shaw.. (remember, this is 2013)

6) They seemed to have good ownership in place and were starting to spend a little money.. Ramirez, Osvaldo, etc. (remember, this is 2013)

So, I decided then and there I would support Southampton through thick and thin.. whether we had 25 points by mid November or 4 points. wouldn't matter. I have been rewarded and so far it has been a very thrilling 2 years.

I know some might consider my journey to support Southampton as "not putting the time in" or "not as authentic" or "I haven't suffered through the really dark times" or "just another American getting in our business" but I am OK with people feeling that. God knows these are great times, I feel fortunate. I mention and talk about Southampton to anyone who will listen here in American/Texas. So, I consider Southampton "my team" but if by some awful set of circumstances we find ourselves in League One ten years from now, I will still support them, even if my only outlet for information is a single line fixture result posted on BBC.com and this website. :)

This is the price of us being successful now then I suppose. :facepalm:

So, why Southampton?

I like this. Southampon, South Englands team.

Ah, get over yourself! I think it's great he could have picked any team, and choose Saints. I think it's very cool to have someone from Texas on Saintsweb too.

Good choice SaintTex!

Yeah, cool. Maybe he'll take you up on your offers of a friend to meet you in a pub before football.

My story: I'm from Southampton. Football all around at school when I was a kid - went to school with Chris Nichols' daughter and loved playing with the boys. But only starting watching after 1990 World Cup, then got obsessed. Dad hated football, so tried to ban it in the house, but that didn't work. Was repulsed during the Lowe dark days. I really can't stomach anything on the bad business side of football. But loved Cortese and Leibbher as soon as they came in, and have been obsessively following since. The club is the antithesis of badly run football business right now, and that makes me even more happy.

If Carlsberg made football clubs, they would have designed Saints for me.... :)

The only annoying thing is, I don't know anyone from Southampton anymore (live in London), so if I want to go to a game, I've got to go on my own, which doesn't really work for me. So It's great to have Saintsweb to talk to!

My story: I'm from Southampton. Football all around at school when I was a kid - went to school with Chris Nichols' daughter and loved playing with the boys. But only starting watching after 1990 World Cup, then got obsessed. Dad hated football, so tried to ban it in the house, but that didn't work. Was repulsed during the Lowe dark days. I really can't stomach anything on the bad business side of football. But loved Cortese and Leibbher as soon as they came in, and have been obsessively following since. The club is the antithesis of badly run football business right now, and that makes me even more happy.

If Carlsberg made football clubs, they would have designed Saints for me.... :)

The only annoying thing is, I don't know anyone from Southampton anymore (live in London), so if I want to go to a game, I've got to go on my own, which doesn't really work for me. So It's great to have Saintsweb to talk to!

Always knew you were a goer.

Guess it was kind of accidental for me.

Born and grew up in London. Never really had a team as a kid. Was far more interested in playing than watching, but mostly just supported Beckham.

Dad moved to Southampton with his new wife, and took me to the dell to see my hero. I got to see him score, but it was in the 6-3. Grew fond of Saints after that, and when St Marys opened my Dad got a season ticket and started to take me whenever I was down at his. It all just grew from there. Not the most conventional way to get a team, but there you go.

I'm an awful plastic, not as good as the rest of the fans. Or something like that.

I just read an interesting piece on our hopes in finishing in the top four. The writer is actually a professional football Psychologist. He/She thinks we can finish with attitude - http://www.thesecretfootballer.com/articles/the-secret-psychologist/23561/west-ham-and-southampton-exceeding-expectations/

Very interesting.

To answer this forum's question, My grandfather was born in Southampton

So, why Southampton?

Good on ya Tex, welcome to the family.

Would you rather that we didn't attract new fans? Maybe we should just fold when all the old gimmers born and bred in southampton pass away? No 76 final ticket stub, no status.

Very much so. Don't understand this gatekeeper mentality. "You aren't exactly like me so you aren't a real fan, etc."

Very much so, more the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

Very much so. Don't understand this gatekeeper mentality. "You aren't exactly like me so you aren't a real fan, etc."

Very much so, more the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

it's insecurity Kelvin. Anyone is different should be feared type mentality.

Incidentally, i am an old gimmer, born in Royal South Hants and only have no 76 stub as daddy goat could only get 2 tickets so big bruv got first dibs. I had to be content with a photo of me, lawrie mac and the trophy a few weeks later. I have forgiven daddy goat. Just. And as has been said, welcome tex.

Only lived in Southampton between the ages of 2 and 7 but this was the time that I got interested in football, supported the local team and haven't looked back since. Never went to the Dell when we lived in Southampton I although was meant to be going in September 1965 when we played Wolves. Apparently I misbehaved (or so it was claimed) so we never went .... and Saints won 9-3.

My son now supports Saints. I have no idea of how I would have coped if he had supported somebody else. He is now marooned up north but was at both Newcastle and Old Trafford last week. I was at Old Trafford cheering on Colin Clarke the last time that we won there so feel pleased that there is a family connection to both wins.

I am pleased that I have influenced family members to support Saints. My dad is now an avid supporter (more so than he was in 1965!!). In addition to my son, my cousin who is 10years younger has supported them because of me - as does his son. My nephew who is now 17 has never considered supporting any other team - even though he lives in Solihull and a few years ago was having a hard time from his Villa / Birmingham / Baggies supporting mates.

I was a forces baby and got moved around the country what seemed like every year as a kid. As a result I never really had a local team to support. I was never that into football until my early teens. I kind of liked watching Man Utd on TV in the Champions League but that was about it.

Then as I got older I wanted to support a team properly, my Dad was born and raised in Southampton and my grand parents still lived there. Kind of took it from there really. I've probably got about 15 mates I wouldn't have if it weren't for supporting Saints.

Born in southampton 1935, first match 1943 we beat Luton 12-3 not missed much since even though I've lived in West Dorset for the last 45 years

Great respect! Can`t match that, but my Dad first took me to The Dell in 1946 when I was seven. Saw Saints beat Derby 4-2 and from that day on I realised that SFC had chosen me to support them. We lived in Hythe at the time, Dad working for BOAC on the old flying boats. Have lived in Kent for years but still enjoy the visits `back home.`

So, why Southampton?

Fair play - always good to balance out some of the inbreds.

This is the price of us being successful now then I suppose. :facepalm:

I like this. Southampon, South Englands team.

Ah, get over yourself! I think it's great he could have picked any team, and choose Saints. I think it's very cool to have someone from Texas on Saintsweb too.

Good choice SaintTex!

more the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

thanks all. I was a little anxious about putting myself out there. And I get it, Griffo, I really do.

Guess it was kind of accidental for me.

Born and grew up in London. Never really had a team as a kid. Was far more interested in playing than watching, but mostly just supported Beckham

Dad moved to Southampton with his new wife, and took me to the dell to see my hero. I got to see him score, but it was in the 6-3. Grew fond of Saints after that, and when St Marys opened my Dad got a season ticket and started to take me whenever I was down at his. It all just grew from there. Not the most conventional way to get a team, but there you go.

I'm an awful plastic, not as good as the rest of the fans. Or something like that.

You were a Man United fan weren't you, Admit it!

Born in Southampton, grew up in Southampton, family support them. I was a bit of a late bloomer with football though, I didn't get into it till I was about 13 in 2005. The first game I watched was the 4-1 at Fratton Park. I knew I had truly become a football fan the next week when I listened to the Norwich game on the radio while playing The Simpsons hit and run on the Xbox and let off a huge "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!" when Henri Camara hit one into the goal in the last minute and then let out an even louder cheer when the whistle went.

First game I went to see was a 3-2 win over Anderlecht in a friendly when Kenwyne Jones scored a hatrick and first competitive match was on my next birthday, a 2-0 win at home to Crewe.

(this is my first post by the way, and I'm not an intentional troll)

I am a south coast glory hunter.

I am from Poole. My dad hates sports. Cherries players visited by school when i was in middle school, my best mate "tackled" Jermain Defoe. But i was not interested in football.

I went to Bristol uni, but i was not interested in football.

I live in a house of spurs fans, i have caught the football bug, saints were freshly promoted when i started vaguely showing an interest. My uncle & his family are saints. By the time i got proper interested (this season & last season, watch 2/3 games) obviously saints are doing well. Going to first proper game this season if i can get tickets.

Reception was pretty frosty from saints fans met thus far (though im not surprised considering recent struggles compared to recent success!)

Will europe be worth it when people like me outnumber you ;) ??

I knew I had truly become a football fan the next week when I listened to the Norwich game on the radio while playing The Simpsons hit and run on the Xbox and let off a huge "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!" when Henri Camara hit one into the goal in the last minute and then let out an even louder cheer when the whistle went.

That was my first Saints game, true story.

Reply to myself to add that, if it wasn't for the magic of MLT (I was lucky enough to watch almost all of his career live, well the home games anyway, and a few aways) then I probably wouldn't have become a Saints fan, or a football fan at all. I don't really like watching football unless it's Saints. But MLT won me over, and well, Saints is a drug that you just can't kick once hooked.

A couple years back I decided to pick up following football as a hobby. Was originally going to pick one of the big teams to support, but I didnt want to be like a stereotypical American bandwagon supporter, so, knowing that some family was originally from the UK, I did a little research and traced them back to Southampton. This was back at the end of the 2012/13 season when we were relegation contenders and my first two games were the 3-1 win over Liverpool and 2-1 over Chelsea. I just checked the scores that season on BBC and other sites but come last season, with the NBCSN coverage, and started watching games. I guess you could say the rest is history.

Yeah, cool. Maybe he'll take you up on your offers of a friend to meet you in a pub before football.

You sound a right hated filled nasty fcker. Sort of sad cnt that only gets any validation by deluding himself he's the coolest lad on the terraces.

I am from Poole. My dad hates sports. Cherries players visited by school when i was in middle school, my best mate "tackled" Jermain Defoe. But i was not interested in football.

I live in a house of spurs fans, i have caught the football bug, saints were freshly promoted when i started vaguely showing an interest. My uncle & his family are saints. By the time i got proper interested (this season & last season, watch 2/3 games) obviously saints are doing well. Going to first proper game this season if i can get tickets.

Reception was pretty frosty from saints fans met thus far (though im not surprised considering recent struggles compared to recent success!)

Welcome to the forum Heathen! Commiserations for living in a house full of Spurs fans.

Originally I was born in Portsmouth with all of my family coming from Southampton.

No one was massively interested in football in my family. Just followed Saints as it was their city. A lot of my childhood friends were Pompey fans so my parents gave me the choice of who to support. My first game was a night under the lights against Everton at The Dell. My second was a summers trip to Fratton Park at the age of 6, my Dad did it off the cuff whilst at work and rang my mum to make sure I was dressed for football so we could leave straight away.

It was a summers day and I had to take my jumper off, to reveal ..... my Saints shirt at Portsmouth vs Tranmere. My old dear presumed we were off to The Dell! A steward asked my Dad to turn it inside out or to put my jumper back on. I had no idea why my Dad was getting stick, I learnt the meaning and the identity of the scummer.

Never looked back!

In 1979, as a 13 year old I supported Arsenal and they had just beaten Man Utd in the FA Cup final with a last minute goal by Alan Sunderland. However, that summer my family bought a pub called the Brewers Arms in a village called East Dean near Romsey (we previously lived in Slough, Berkshire), and I would move schools to Stockbridge.

As a bored teenager living in a very rural village there was not much to do and some of the regulars at the pub were season ticket holders at the Dell, and took me along to see matches. Coupled with the fact that a lot of my school mates supported Saints, meant that to fit in I decided to change allegiance to the Saints.

Anyhow, the pub didn't last long, my parents split up and I moved back to Slough. I kept on supporting the Saints though! I remember the nerves during the 83-84 season and my desperation to see us defeat the big boys, and finally the pride of coming 2nd. Pride in signing Keegan, Shilton etc just made it better. From the age of 13 up until 5 years ago we were always in the top flight, something I didn't think would ever change.

However, we did get relegated (tears did flow). Our first few seasons in the Championship I followed just as avidly and coudn't watch the final few minutes during the playoffs and missed the last minute winner that took the tie to extra time. 3rd season in champs I didn't get to see a single live match, but was compelled to go to the final match of the season to try and cheer on a win against Sheff Utd, which we duelly achieved and the pitch invasion and celebrations brought a new tear of pride to my eye.

Relegation to League One. A new low. I remember talking football to the 8 year old Arsenal supporting son of a friend. He was taking the mick saying how rubbish Southampton were and how great Arsenal were. I told him, any small degree of success for me as a Southampton fan is memorable for life, and the joy received so immense. He was listening, but was just annoyed that Arsenal were not winning EVERYTHING and EVERY game. He is now 14 and we sit above Arsenal in the league table!

Anyway, last 5 years has been just so fantastic. Loved every minute of promotion seasons from League 1 and Champs, performed beyond my expectation. So proud of first season back in Prem, where we were written off after 10 games. Loved our playing style under Atkins and Pochettino. Was VERY worried in the summer and felt stabbed in the back by Lallana and Lovren. Even become a season ticket holder now even though journey is 2.5 hours, and a lot of away games under my belt too.

The future is bright and I will always be a Saint.

Welcome to the Saints family mate and also to Saint Tex and USA Saints fan. Fascinated by our international followers and hope you can all get to a game soon and sample it live. I was at the 8-0 win V Sunderland and saw the fan from Darwin, Australia having his photo taken with the flag and what I think may have been Koeman's son. He was having a great day - as all of us fans were!

Hope you get to your first game at SMS this season and once you do there'll be no other team you want to follow. My story is fairly standard by comparison - born in Woolston, left for university and London aged 18 and apart from living in Bitterne for a spell, never came back to live in Soton again. Kept my ST until moving to Devon in 2010 and with a new house purchase and the cost of travel, had to reduce my games for a while. However, have still got to quite a few games home and away and the petrol costs going down will enable me to attend more again now.

Just bought tickets for Block 43 which have opened to Saints fans for the Swansea game first thing today and I can say that I'm as excited about going as I was for my first home game v Birmingham in the early 80s. Definately seeing more Saints shirts in the S Devon and Exeter areas.