Getting to the Game - What's the weather really like...??

Micky

Southampton council Twitter still reporting of hazardous roads and advising against travel unless essential , will be interesting to see the conditions by midday. South West Railway announcement that they will not be running trains between Southampton and Weymouth will make it impossible for some people to make the game, I think there will be loads of empty seats at the match.

Not looking forward to the game think the conditions might favour Stoke.

SWR have confirmed to me that their decision has nothing to do with the track or safety, purely because their “stock is displaced”. They didn’t like my suggestion that the first train from Waterloo to Southampton could go onto Weymouth, meaning that only early trains from Weymouth would face cancellation. They have clearly made a commercial decision to cut down on delay repayments from the whole of the route by cancelling a chunk of it. They only have to repay monies already paid and I’d imagine most people pay on the day at weekends. If they ran the whole route nearly every passenger would be able to claim delay as it’s payable after 15 mins now. I won’t be able to have a few bevies now as I’ll have to drive up. ****ing he’ll, I may even vote for Corbyn if he chucks these clowns out of their franchise.

Cross country are running trains down the same track, but it’s Reading to Bournemouth with no stops in between. FFS

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

I am season tkt holder in Sherborne (Dorset-Somerset border) and don't see any way of getting to the match. Trains from Exeter to Salisbury are all cancelled and the roads around my house are blocked tho they are probably ok further on,

Cross country are running trains down the same track, but it’s Reading to Bournemouth with no stops in between. FFS

That is ridiculous !

According to my mate cross country are now running an hourly service from Bournemouth to Southampton stopping at Brock. Although their website still only shows shuttle service from Bournemouth to Reading so don’t know if that’s 100% right

SWR have confirmed to me that their decision has nothing to do with the track or safety, purely because their “stock is displaced”. They didn’t like my suggestion that the first train from Waterloo to Southampton could go onto Weymouth, meaning that only early trains from Weymouth would face cancellation. They have clearly made a commercial decision to cut down on delay repayments from the whole of the route by cancelling a chunk of it. They only have to repay monies already paid and I’d imagine most people pay on the day at weekends. If they ran the whole route nearly every passenger would be able to claim delay as it’s payable after 15 mins now. I won’t be able to have a few bevies now as I’ll have to drive up. ****ing he’ll, I may even vote for Corbyn if he chucks these clowns out of their franchise.

National rail site shows Reading to Bournemouth stopping at Winchester, Basingstoke and Southampton as usual. Is this not correct?

National rail site shows Reading to Bournemouth stopping at Winchester, Basingstoke and Southampton as usual. Is this not correct?

Looks like it is running now. Earlier their website said “shuttle train from Reading to Bournemouth “ I messaged them and they got back saying no stops in between. Now it’s updated and showing as “Reading to Bournemouth” with no mention of it being a shuttle service .

Yep no trains from Exeter or Honiton so ive decided to give it a miss, could have probably drove but stuff it.

All joking aside I am impressed how far so many seem to come from to watch a home game

Touch-and-go for me. The problem isn't the snow - we've had very little - but the black ice which is treacherous. The only ways out of the village where I live are up steep hills. Lizzie Yarnold might feel at home tackling them on the return leg but not me and my little Mazda. However, the sun is out, the temperature is on the up, the thaw is on and I reckon it is good to go.

Can't believe how easy it's been from Shropshire. Hour ahead of schedule. Got advance tickets, but restrictions lifted, so now on the best trains.

Getting home might be a different matter......

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Is the A33 into Southampton from the M3 definitely closed? It is according to Google Maps. Any idea why? Nothing about it in twitterland. Cheers 08926654bd59b08ab2cf7481c5bf1b25.jpg

Yep. The road needs work. Let’s just shut it for a month to make our job easier. It’s the British way.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/15989863.Drivers_left_in_gridlock_after_Bassett_Avenue_closure/

Yes, has been closed a couple of weeks, nothing to do with the weather
Yep. The road needs work. Let’s just shut it for a month to make our job easier. It’s the British way.

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/15989863.Drivers_left_in_gridlock_after_Bassett_Avenue_closure/

Cheers. Left early and got into town in record time. Oh well, allows time for an extra beer :)

We're sitting in Bitterne in our regular parking slot having got here over an hour early. We were going to get the 13:14 from Chandlers Ford into town but that was cancelled. Website says 14:14 is running on time but that would mean getting to our seats at kickoff, all being well.

Roads were much quieter than usual but all ok with just a little slush lying around and melting steadily. Even local roads are clear.

We'll give it a few minutes and then walk in.

Sat in SMS, easiest drive from North Shropshire that I've ever had! Roads were fine, there was no traffic, probably because of all the media hype. Wish it would snow more often!

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk