Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Sweepstake time!

There might be much wailing and gnashing of teeth about Harris being a Chanrai puppet, but unless they can prove that, I don't think the judge will ignore his offer, so I reckon the court case will go against the PST.

Sweepstake time!

There might be much wailing and gnashing of teeth about Harris being a Chanrai puppet, but unless they can prove that, I don't think the judge will ignore his offer, so I reckon the court case will go against the PST.

Nope, I'm going for "All systems go for the PDT". It would mean having to spend another 2 years of my life on here but it would be worth it...

Sweepstake time!

In the same spirit in which some have bet modest sums on Saints' being relegated in order to soften the blow were that to happen, I will go with the judge deciding in their favour. But my fingers will be crossed behind my back :)

Sweepstake time!

I respectfully disagree. BDO will argue that selling the ground to Harris will mean no club and no club means no parachute payments. They will win the case but I don't mind that. It will be amusing.

Well good morning judge, how are you today?

You are supposed to be reading the legal papers

Have you gone astray?

They don't own it, so I let it be

They are potless skates, so I let it be

I will get my money, belongs to me

Baloo has a charge, plain to see

They can't do it, not a hope

They shouldn't get, PST are just a joke

I reckon Chinny has a bit of paperwork to confuse them, but I suspect the judge will be lenient towards the Trust.

Most likely?

Trust given go ahead with conditions, and spiteful, defeated, and robbed loan shark shrugs and just laughs it off....

Or appeals, and delays them all the way to oblivion. :scared:

Either way I will predict that the outcome whether good or bad will be sold to the fanbase as a glorious victory for the plucky underdog.

Probably in short paragraphs.

That don't flow.

At all.

And Penny will pop out of Greggs for a photo.

When she sees that votes are at stake.

So get the sick bucket ready, and make it a big one.

I reckon Chinny has a bit of paperwork to confuse them, but I suspect the judge will be lenient towards the Trust.

Most likely?

:

:

And Penny will pop out of Greggs for a photo.

When she sees that votes are at stake.

So get the sick bucket ready, and make it a big one.

That will be a dazzling sight - Fatpenny dressed as a gooseberry with pie crumbs all down her front :spaz:

I respectfully disagree. BDO will argue that selling the ground to Harris will mean no club and no club means no parachute payments. They will win the case but I don't mind that. It will be amusing.

This court case isn't anything to do with the creditors or the club per se though, it's all about whether the administrator is allowed to sell the ground for what the PST are offering.

That's the reason the offer for just the ground could be so damaging to the PST.

Its about 1) can BDO sell the 'asset" in the first place, and then 2) if so, for how much? The fact expert witnesses are on hand and a higher offer has come in from left field makes me think BC thinks BDO will win 1 so he is putting all his effort on the valuation limb. High risk, as if he loses that, then his appeal options are far less as points of law unlikely.

@pn_neil_allen: Now adjourned again. Told not on again before 2pm. #Pompey

Sigh...

It's very unlikely now that the case will finish until tomorrow, and then there is a fair chance the judge will take a few days to 'reflect' and write up his decision.

Maybe the dream (but unlikely) scenario for the FL is that he decides in favour of chainrai , but only makes his decision public just after their final league fixture, so they go out of business but all their results this season can stand.

Personally my dream is still that they start next season in L2 on -10 and skint

@pn_neil_allen: Reason for delay remains unclear. Hearing contrasting reasons for it. Not worth speculating on! #Pompey

Meanwhile his News colleague Emma Judd has done just that .... "Mr Justice Peter Smith agreed to delay the start until 2pm amid indications that the parties involved in the High Court action were discussing a last-minute deal"

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/delayed-start-in-pompey-court-hearing-1-4981207

Maybe my hunch from last week (court case won't go ahead due to behind scenes deal) has potential...

Possibly. an expensive way of doing it though, to wait until the case is actually using up high court time. Those judges don't come cheap!

Possibly. an expensive way of doing it though, to wait until the case is actually using up high court time. Those judges don't come cheap!

When you've got £millions of parachute payments to divert from the creditors anything is possible.... ;)

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})