Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Jesus, the overreaction from their fans on that News link is comedy.

It's a court case to determine if, and for how much, the ground can be sold to the PST. Nothing more, nothing less. It hasn't suddenly given you £300m to play with, it hasn't promoted you back to the Premier League, it sure as hell doesn't undo everything else that has gone before. And it certainly doesn't guarantee anything about your future. It could even prove to be a millstone around your neck in the future, especially given the state it is in.

It's a bit like a tramp celebrating that he's been allowed to buy a wheelie bin to live in.

Or that a tramp has been told that somebody else has bought a wheelie bin for him to live in -

- provided he leaves the que for the prized spot under the bridge

- and the 3rd party retains ownership of the wheelie bin and may chose to sell it at any time.

Oh god,the live news feed on the news website is so nauseating.

havent manged to get a post in yet,unfortunately....they must be vetting all and sundry.

it is quite vomit inducing some of the stuff being written on there.

"pack the park.".."we are the best fans in the world"...."will definitely be ready for a pompey party...."hope they open the other stands for the next home game"......"I might just get a ticket for the next game".....so very sickening.....yet mildly amusing too.

Jesus, the overreaction from their fans on that News link is comedy.

It's a court case to determine if, and for how much, the ground can be sold to the PST. Nothing more, nothing less. It hasn't suddenly given you £300m to play with, it hasn't promoted you back to the Premier League, it sure as hell doesn't undo everything else that has gone before. And it certainly doesn't guarantee anything about your future. It WILL even prove to be a millstone around your neck in the future, especially given the state it is in.

It's a bit like a tramp celebrating that he's been allowed to buy a wheelie bin to live in.

Corrected that for you ;)

Nice simile at the end there.

And this wreck of a train has still yet to come to a halt. Plenty more fun coming.

Looking forward to when they start arguing about who to sign next season. But mostly looking forward to seeing pack the park change to pack the stand in league two :p

Own up...

[TABLE=width: 576]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]15:00

[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext viewer_text][TABLE=width: 504]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Guest

Fantastic news!!! It just shows that spending money we didn't have for years and years means zero consequences in the long run! Lets do it again and get another FA Cup win!![/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Own up...

[TABLE=width: 576]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]15:00[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext viewer_text][TABLE=width: 504]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Guest

Fantastic news!!! It just shows that spending money we didn't have for years and years means zero consequences in the long run! Lets do it again and get another FA Cup win!![/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Not me, but I wish it was. Fantastic!! :)

Oh god,the live news feed on the news website is so nauseating.

havent manged to get a post in yet,unfortunately....they must be vetting all and sundry.

it is quite vomit inducing some of the stuff being written on there.

"pack the park.".."we are the best fans in the world"...."will definitely be ready for a pompey party...."hope they open the other stands for the next home game"......"I might just get a ticket for the next game".....so very sickening.....yet mildly amusing too.

I don't really begrudge them their moment. After all, it will be pretty dismal from now on. The stark reality of L2 and no money will gradually sink in.

Jordan Cross ‏@pn_jordan_cross 12m

Despite FL statements on points, fair to say #Pompey management fearful points loss will be applied next season if it doesn't relegate team.

Fearful of receiving the due punishment for shafting thousands of businesses, charities and tax payers..... "Same old Pompey...."

I don't really begrudge them their moment. After all, it will be pretty dismal from now on. The stark reality of L2 and no money will gradually sink in.

To be fair, I don't either, to a certain degree. Far better that our position is asserted via genuine league position, rather than off the pitch over the coming seasons. I just find their 'celebration' rather hollow and a bit pathetic to be honest.

It would have been justice if they had lost their ground forever. They still have the rallying point, something if lost would have meant their death-knell. Seems to me they have got away with it. I saw them skulking around the lower leagues before and they came up, it would be nice that they wouldnt again.

Fearful of receiving the due punishment for shafting thousands of businesses, charities and tax payers..... "Same old Pompey...."

Plenty more laughs to be had at their expense. As wiser heads have said, they're b*ggered for a generation

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})