Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

They're okay now, they've beaten Stoke reserves and have managed to increase their debt to pay the wages short term.

I guess this glorious improvement will signal their fans returning here in droves.

Bearing in mind they are likely to turn a corner at some point and the gobby ones will crawl out again, can we come up with an official name for this era for future reference? - The Great Silence, The Hush of 2009, The Year of the Tumbleweed? - something similar?...it needs to say shame, ridicule, failure and cowardice ideally.

I just think we should remind every 'visitor' of these months on every future thread they try to hijack.

Merovingian is obviously excluded from any of this as along with a couple of others he is braver than the rest so deserves respect, and though he doesn't realise yet, he's also our conversion project.

He'll be there with us at Wembley in May, tattoos covered by Saints stickers...

I have a saints fan sits next to me - rubbing it in that your going to wembley twice this season - once in the JPT and once in the play off final ! ha ha !

I have a saints fan sits next to me - rubbing it in that your going to wembley twice this season - once in the JPT and once in the play off final ! ha ha !

Any reason why this can't happen if we continue our form of the last 5 games?

If this transfer embargo lasts over January, where do you think you'll end up? It will mean you can't renew loans let alone sign frees! It's mad!

Any reason why this can't happen if we continue our form of the last 5 games?

If this transfer embargo lasts over January, where do you think you'll end up? It will mean you can't renew loans let alone sign frees! It's mad!

it was a "ha ha" not because I do not reckon you could but coz he is winding up me up ;)

a tip for you Merov as over here we know a little about these things - if you do see wages missed, administrators circling, owners running away with furniture, players advertising themselves in the press and men with clipboards measuring the pitch to see how many houses they can get on it, you will be staggered to find that there will still be fans in denial standing among the rubble of the club still pointlessly debating centre back partnerships and demanding to know why the board hasn't appointed Wenger/Maradona/Moyes.

The majority just won't get the seriousness and when the fat lady rides in with the four horsemen surrounding by vultures they will think it's just the half time entertainment.

'But no one goes out of business, something always comes up....'

Yes, as long as there isn't a worldwide financial crisis that has wiped out huge sectors of those who would normally invest.

We picked the wrong time to get relegated (twice), Pompey may have picked the wrong time to be in desperate need of investment.

Then again a billionaire might sail in anyday,

all he will have to do is try to make sense of who owns what, give them all a few million to bugger off, find the £30M for the arms dealer, £10 for tax, £25M to clear the newest loans, £50M for the next years outgoings, £20M for transfers in Jan, £5M to sort the managerial situation, the £3M for agents, £5M for other clubs, £10M for a training ground, £30M to redevelop Fratton (all figures approx but you get the picture), leaving him with a a ground half the size of St James Park and a club that has cost twice as much as Newcastle and has half the income potential.

That will be one shrewd billionaire who can see a business beyond the problems.

Or he will wait for the admin where all but the name will go to creditors and he can start from scratch on a new site - cost? £100M to launch in the Conference South?

a tip for you Merov as over here we know a little about these things - if you do see wages missed, administrators circling, owners running away with furniture, players advertising themselves in the press and men with clipboards measuring the pitch to see how many houses they can get on it, you will be staggered to find that there will still be fans in denial standing among the rubble of the club still pointlessly debating centre back partnerships and demanding to know why the board hasn't appointed Wenger/Maradona/Moyes.

The majority just won't get the seriousness and when the fat lady rides in with the four horsemen surrounding by vultures they will think it's just the half time entertainment.

Yes, as long as there isn't a worldwide financial crisis that has wiped out huge sectors of those who would normally invest.

We picked the wrong time to get relegated (twice), Pompey may have picked the wrong time to be in desperate need of investment.

all he will have to do is try to make sense of who owns what, give them all a few million to bugger off, find the £30M for the arms dealer, £10 for tax, £25M to clear the newest loans, £50M for the next years outgoings, £20M for transfers in Jan, £5M to sort the managerial situation, the £3M for agents, £5M for other clubs, £10M for a training ground, £30M to redevelop Fratton (all figures approx but you get the picture), leaving him with a a ground half the size of St James Park and a club that has cost twice as much as Newcastle and has half the income potential.

Or he will wait for the admin where all but the name will go to creditors and he can start from scratch on a new site - cost? £100M to launch in the Conference South?

you paint a delightful picture!

What significance does that have Steve?

Probably not a great deal in the grand scheme of things, but the comments Peter Storrie made a few weeks ago about Arkadi having been the one making the decision as to who the club was sold to when the fake doctor got in ahead of the Saudis pretty much proved that it was Arkadi's money that had funded the club since Sacha's takeover.

Getting all sensationalist for a second... the 2008 FA Cup was bought by illegal arms dealing proceeds :rolleyes:

Another seal of approval for the Fit and Proper Persons test as well :roll:

Jeez is it that bad down the road? Sorry cant wish that on any club - especially as we have been through it ourselves.. at the risk of going over old ground, it shows what over stretching the borrowings and trusting harry with the cheque book can lead... I would say this, but makes me glad Lowe was a tight fecker when fans were clamouring for him to spend big when in the prem... there but for the grace...

Jeez is it that bad down the road? Sorry cant wish that on any club - especially as we have been through it ourselves.. at the risk of going over old ground' date=' it shows what over stretching the borrowings and trusting harry with the cheque book can lead... I would say this, [b']but makes me glad Lowe was a tight fecker when fans were clamouring for him to spend big when in the prem... there but for the grace...[/b]

A case in point that extremes of management have the same result. Long term failure.

They owe money to Watford (for the Williamson transfer), Chelsea (% of Johnson sell on fee) and Arsenal (Diarra sell on fee).

But it's all ok, no need to panic skates - a club source has confirmed on SSN that these issues will be resolved shortly, they have the money, but it's just down to a restructuring at the club that these issues have occurred.

Excellent.

But it's all ok, no need to panic skates - a club source has confirmed on SSN that these issues will be resolved shortly, they have the money, but it's just down to a restructuring at the club that these issues have occurred.

I'm sure they used exactly the same excuses when explaining why the wages weren't paid a month ago...

Sky Sports News' chief news reporter Bryan Swanson understands the ban relates to unpaid instalments to clubs over previous transfers, in particular Lassana Diarra's move from Arsenal in January last year.

It's normal practice for clubs to pay transfer fees over a number of instalments.

Swanson has been told by Portsmouth officials that the club remains "relaxed" about the transfer ban and they expect the issue to be resolved as quickly as possible.

A decision to lift the ban will be made by the Premier League board only when it is satisfied the club is acting in accordance with its new Financial Reporting rules, imposed this season.

Swanson has been told that new owner Ali Al-Faraj is not now expected at Fratton Park for this weekend's league game against Wigan.

yep, i'd be releaxed too :rolleyes:

Who are Pompey likely to lose for the African nations in january too?

Utaka, Kanu, Belhadj and Dindane (if he's good enough to make the national team?!) off the top of my head. Let's hope the transfer ban is lifted by tehn or thy really will be in the doo doo.

Sorry, sarcasm doesn't come across very easily on a message board.

So when they go into admin any points deduction would apply from next season if they are relegated without it anyway. So we'll start next season in the championship with a 9 point advantage over our local rivals.

Sorry, sarcasm doesn't come across very easily on a message board.

So when they go into admin any points deduction would apply from next season if they are relegated without it anyway. So we'll start next season in the championship with a 9 point advantage over our local rivals.

I think that there's a cut off date for that to happen - last year we went into administration a week after the date...

Can we but hope that Marcus Liebherr needs a new depot or parking space for Liebherr vehicles and purchases Farton Dust Bowl for a pound, and merges the two clubs with Saints taking the Skates place in the Premiership. The Cherry on the cake would be the Skates requiring to apply for the Conference under the new ownership. Ah! What exciting times it is to be a Saints supporter again.