Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Jeeezzeeee - so are we all in love again now, what was all that about - wrong time of month for everybody...? It's a forum, room for free speech, many different opinions (different being the operative word), but it ain't worth loosing any sleep over.

BTW - would anybody PM me if I made it public that I wanted to leave - I feel I need a dose of 'sympathy via PM' - c'mon, get typing or I'm outta here...! ;)

OK b*gger off to the other thread.

The latest news from a source

The players were called together after the match to be told it was unlikely they will be paid next Friday and they may have to wait until the middle of November

There is a meeting with HMRC sometime next week, but they were due to pay PAYE on 19th of October (my birthday). Apparently they were told if they don't keep up to date and keep their HMRC debt "stagnant" there could be problems this week..

lol

This comes from the bloke who washes the windscreens of the Harriers on the Aircraft Carriers when they are stopped at the lights on the way out the harbour.

So how much is their monthly wage bill? They have to find around 50% of that due to the high earnings

Wow, looks like their TV revenue in the BSQ in 5 years time is also now screwed

the only administrator who should be quoted on a Pompey thread is Mr Fry or one of his less talented/lucky colleagues.

Can we get back on track and ridicule our rivals in their hour of need?? They would expect us to repay the interest they showed in our little summer 'setback', it would be impolite if we didn't.

So with that in mind -

No amount of lucky heather and pegs will keep their creditors happy now, and they can't secure any more loans against the club horse brass.

As Fratton Park is the only Premiership ground that has a jockey wheel and indicators could they tow it to Jordans and weigh it in, that might pay the win bonuses due.

the only administrator who should be quoted on a Pompey thread is Mr Fry or one of his less talented/lucky colleagues.

Can we get back on track and ridicule our rivals in their hour of need?? They would expect us to repay the interest they showed in our little summer 'setback', it would be impolite if we didn't.

So with that in mind -

No amount of lucky heather and pegs will keep their creditors happy now, and they can't secure any more loans against the club horse brass.

As Fratton Park is the only Premiership ground that has a jockey wheel and indicators could they tow it to Jordans and weigh it in, that might pay the win bonuses due.

Oh DO please let Mark Fry get the job. I know he isn't held in great regard on here, but i do know a Saints fan who is respected by Mr Fry. I think the Summit consortium (or maybe Nadir) may be one of the first bidders for the Skates in admin, we could string this out for months!

How could an administrator possibly sell that 'business' at the moment?

Anything worthwhile seems to be secured against loans, there seems to be no sign of income to cover the most basic costs, simply there just isn't value in the business other than an ability to generate Sky money - but future tv and even parachute payments are already spoken for to a variety of loan shark consortiums.

They will look at our sale and say they are worth more, and on league tables it looks that way, but I honestly could not see them finding a buyer if it came to it, there is nothing left to buy.

The ship is sinking rapidly and Storrie is using his thumb to block a hole the size of Belgium.

There's moaning and then there's out and out bitterness. What the hell is with you? You used to be funny.

Funny isn't allowed anymore.

To be 'funny' you generally need to take the **** out of something or someone.

Sadly, the act of taking the **** out of anything or anyone is now severely frowned upon, and the likes of chrisobee go crying to the mods and claiming their sensitive nature has been upset.

Welcome to the new world my friend. Sadly, it isn't even a brave new world, just a ridiculously PC one :(

Let me get this straight....

The sky revenue, that would be used to prop up the club until January, was totally used to pay off (full or in part we don't know) the loan from the South African Bank.

This money would have been used to part pay the September Wages.

This didn't happen, so they had to take out a £5m loan from this Saudi fella (who in turn seems to have taken out 3 loans secured against future TV income to provide said £5m)

That's September sorted.

Now we're coming to the end of October we're getting more stories popping up about another £15m loan that's to pay off a suposed £10m tax bill and help to pay the wages.. again (another £5m??? hmmm)

So, what's going to happen at the end of November and December?? When a further £5m is going to be required each month...

I wonder if they are playing the waiting game, simply seeing how bad things get on the points front, if they don't reach a certain target, will they simply say "**** it, that's it, lets throw the towel in now.." and go into Admin??? I'd guess if this is the plan they have someone lined up willing to buy the club... someone who could get a championship club for perhaps nothing and no debts at all???

Let me get this straight....

The sky revenue, that would be used to prop up the club until January, was totally used to pay off (full or in part we don't know) the loan from the South African Bank.

This money would have been used to part pay the September Wages.

This didn't happen, so they had to take out a £5m loan from this Saudi fella (who in turn seems to have taken out 3 loans secured against future TV income to provide said £5m)

That's September sorted.

Now we're coming to the end of October we're getting more stories popping up about another £15m loan that's to pay off a suposed £10m tax bill and help to pay the wages.. again (another £5m??? hmmm)

So, what's going to happen at the end of November and December?? When a further £5m is going to be required each month...

I wonder if they are playing the waiting game, simply seeing how bad things get on the points front, if they don't reach a certain target, will they simply say "**** it, that's it, lets throw the towel in now.." and go into Admin??? I'd guess if this is the plan they have someone lined up willing to buy the club... someone who could get a championship club for perhaps nothing and no debts at all???

Yes, but its not that simple, as Pompey still would have cashflow they couldn't hide from administrators - ie no one is going to let them go into admin this season, wipe everything clean and then just let them have two seasons of parachute money to spend.

Any creditors would take one look at their projected revenue and say "I'll have some of that".

The difference between us and them is our debt was stadium related, and no-one could do anything with a second hand football stadium, and it was never going to be knocked down, meaning a settlement had to be reached and it suited us wonderfully.

Pompey just have a mountain of debt, plus some (supposed) valuable land.

Admin would rob them of the land and anything of material value and the debts would be paid off as best they could from the money the world knows they will get in the next two years - ie CCC TV revenue and two years of parachute payments.

So yeah, a white knight will get a club for nothing, but that's because it will be worthless by then.

And the divs are still singing for Peter Storrie to be given the freedom of their sh*thole.

Edited by CB Fry

If they scrape through until the summer there is a slim chance of staying up and a very very good chance of being in such a mess that they will fall through the whole league.

Keep going I say! Storrie looking after the money, Redknapp asset-stripping, Hart leading the team - what could go wrong?....

Our situation was bad enough with two main creditors, but we didn't have about four different owners and a very complicated land deal, an administrator will need to satisfy or account for the arms dealer, the two fake sheiks, the banks, the taxman, the three loans for the wages, outstanding transfers, further loans currently being sought - all of which will be secured against anything of value, and with the players able to walk when they are unpaid as well, CB is correct, there will be nothing of value to sell.

So if it continues without a proper owner investing, not loaning, any new owner might end up bidding for just the name, and the league registration.

If the next wages are a problem, it might be the end of the road.

The difference between us and them is our debt was stadium related, and no-one could do anything with a second hand football stadium, and it was never going to be knocked down, meaning a settlement had to be reached and it suited us wonderfully.

Pompey just have a mountain of debt, plus some (supposed) valuable land.

Speaking of valuable land, did anyone ever find out what happened regarding Jackson's Farm?

can_of_worms.jpg

Like FF's Crossroads analogy.

Does seem to me as if they are desperately seeking to buy time. The question has to be why?

Carving up the assets in a bloodbath to leave a shell for the creditors? Some REAL white knight waiting in the wings?

With the amazing pace of events, surely not even lawyers can react that fast to new agreements and contracts and bills of sale etc, who knows what "Corporate Governance" issues are being left in the trail of departing owners?

As others said weird, compelling and using WSS's rules on humour, something we can take the p*ss out of and find funny!

Link did not work but this is the bit I think you were trying to highlight

A Sunday newspaper claimed that two of the men seated there — Levi Kushnir, an Israeli businessman, and Balram Chainrai, a Hong Kong-based British businessman — were running the rule over the Barclays Premier League’s bottom club before making a short-term loan of £15 million to help Ali al-Faraj, the owner, to stabilise the finances. But although it is understood that Chainrai may be interested in investing, Kushnir told The Times yesterday that he was solely a guest of Mark Jacob, the Portsmouth director, of whom he is a client. “I have no involvement whatsoever,” he said. “I go to football once a decade

A Sunday newspaper claimed that two of the men seated there — Levi Kushnir, an Israeli businessman, and Balram Chainrai, a Hong Kong-based British businessman — were running the rule over the Barclays Premier League’s bottom club before making a short-term loan of £15 million to help Ali al-Faraj, the owner, to stabilise the finances. But although it is understood that Chainrai may be interested in investing, Kushnir told The Times yesterday that he was solely a guest of Mark Jacob, the Portsmouth director, of whom he is a client. “I have no involvement whatsoever,” he said. “I go to football once a decade

"once in a decade" and he picks Hull v Poopey. Poor Lad!

If you went to football once a decade, why on earth would you chose to go all the way to Hull to watch them play Pompey? It can only because he at least thinks there might be some shilling in for him at some stage.

Oh, sorry, I forgot. All these people are "investing" in Pompey because they love the club and its passionate fans.

Loan upon loan upon loan. Pompey are like the skank kids in school asking every single person in the play ground for ten pence. "You know I'm good for it".

Meaning: "I thought about it for five mad minutes, but after that - no way!"

Take Leeds and Pompey

risdale is despised in Leeds for gambling the future of the club against loans etc

storrie is loved by the blue few for doing the same

They really are a bunch of thickos

where is Corp these days anyway to tell us the real story?

Surely it is gaydamak who is responsible. Storrie can hardly be blamed if he kept having money thrown at him...

Surely it is gaydamak who is responsible. Storrie can hardly be blamed if he kept having money thrown at him...
go on keep sucking it in. Storrie is paid in ther region of 1.2m for overseeing the club.It is his job to keep the wheels turning and not get them into the mire. Why else is he paid if not?

Storrie has absolved himself of all the responsibity of the financial details of a multi-million pound player transfer because he was "on holiday that week".

So, Mr Taxman, whatever happens when the chief executive of said company (me) is on holiday is quite simply not my responsibility, especially when in concerns hundreds of thousands of pounds. I mean, how am I supposed to know what is going on? Now go away and let me count my £1.5m salary :rolleyes:

Storrie is whatever the opposite of blameless is.

If anyone invests in Pompey now, I can only see 2 scenarios.

1) He is a (real) billionaire who doesn't mind clearing the debts and the chance that they will be in the Championship next year. Possible but you might as well wait until administration and pick them up on the cheap. And why would anyone want to buy Pompey with whatever debt it has and a sh*t ground? Surely the Geordies are more attractive for about £100m. No debt (I think) and a 52,000 stadium vs maybe £70m debt and a 20,700 capacity pile of turd.

2) Some tin pot spiv who thinks that he can buy the club for peanuts, not spend any money on it, try and persuade others to spend their money and still come out in profit a few months down the road. The only way I can see that happening is by selling the ground. No one knows who owns that!

Basically this sounds like an entity relying on bridging finance from speculative short-term investors each month, with minimal equity commitment, to meet its liabilities with future receiveables already being the subject of security and ear-marked to repay debt. It's been on the market for months and months and has had no serious long-term expressions of interest.

Add to that the fact that the various factions seem to detest each other and by their own admission are in it purely for gain and not the best interests of the entity....

Um.... Dare I suggest they're in an awful lot of bother?

The Admin of Pompey Online wrote:

Just a note to everyone, be aware that there are one or two Scummers around just now trying to stoke fires. As I mentioned the other day, Sweetcorn was one and I've got suspicions about one or two others but be aware that they're around so don't let yourselves be drawn into something when not necessary, and don't be surprised to see one or two users disappear. It's not anything about differing opinions, it's just a matter of people not who they appear to be. A lot of time and work goes into doing these forums, not got time to mess about with a load of kids and Scummer ****s.

Would be different if they had the guts to face up under their real 'personality'. but one has been openly saying on a Scummer forum he'll be on here to wind people up, so I'm looking into action to take against that forum (yep, it can be done). Plus, of course, I have some details to have some fun with (and it's amazing what you can find out with these things)

Anyway, just a heads-up.

:D

Just a note to everyone, be aware that there are one or two Scummers around just now trying to stoke fires. As I mentioned the other day, Sweetcorn was one and I've got suspicions about one or two others but be aware that they're around so don't let yourselves be drawn into something when not necessary, and don't be surprised to see one or two users disappear. It's not anything about differing opinions, it's just a matter of people not who they appear to be. A lot of time and work goes into doing these forums, not got time to mess about with a load of kids and Scummer ****s.

Would be different if they had the guts to face up under their real 'personality'. but one has been openly saying on a Scummer forum he'll be on here to wind people up, so I'm looking into action to take against that forum (yep, it can be done). Plus, of course, I have some details to have some fun with (and it's amazing what you can find out with these things)

Anyway, just a heads-up.

What are they going to do? Go on the rampage in Goldsmith Avenue again or whatever?

Anyway, just a heads-up.

Would be useful if people from here wouldn't cause me any more grief than I'm currently getting, cheers...