Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

As much as I hate the skates, I don't want them to go bust.

Football would be boring without no rivals and we'd never get the chance to beat them again.

when they were lower than us I never saw them as rivals and still loved my football.

A club whose fans wreck their own town and pull in tiny crowds while claiming they are a bid supported club would not be missed.

I would quite happily see them go!

Not good at all. I want them out of existence and I think I'm gonna get my wish. I want red and white shirts worn by the kids in Portsmouth. I want a rivalry with Eastleigh.

How do you like these apples **** Ho, how do you like it now you inbed paedos?

SKATES ARE SOON TO BE NO MORE.

I'm dancing and gobbing on your grave, already.

HTH.

Have you ever thought about going into the Diplomatic Corps or working for Relate??

I have mates who are PFC and although I dont the skates on here, in the main they are decent people. Yes i want tosee them back where they belong but they feel the same about their football club as we do so let them live. When we were at our darkest Not 1 of my Skate mates turned the knife and all were definitely hoping for us to survive.

Obviously the bitter ones wanted us gone but in the main 70% would have been happy for us to survive biut below them Imo

I don't have 'the hate', and I have several mates from the wrong side of the river and it's great at the moment.

They said they didn't want us to go out of business when we had our little issues and I feel the same now.

That said.... I would love to see them in admin, relegated, convicted of financial irregularities, shamed, humiliated, and plummeting through the leagues like a bag of unwanted kittens down a well.

But let's remember, the caravan-loving, inbred, multi-convicted, sister-worrying, self-tattooed, wonky-eyed, lunatic element only make up 80% of their support, the remaining 1,500 are just misguided and need our help and understanding.

In fact they could be just like you and me, living in the same towns, working at the same places, just the same - apart from the fact that they support a team going down the shi+ter, and we very much don't.

They don't need our hate, they need our sympathy.

But let's remember, the caravan-loving, inbred, multi-convicted, sister-worrying, self-tattooed, wonky-eyed, lunatic element only make up 80% of their support, the remaining 1,500 are just misguided and need our help and understanding.

Excellent stuff rallyboy.

Saw Golden Balls yesterday...had a woman from P*rtsmuff on it, pink and blonde hair , tats were covered up I say, anyway ex landlandy who loved to tell the audience her nickname was pitbull...typical P*mpey ****e! Anyway in relation to the thread she had the face for radio not teatime TV.

Contrary to being no more very soon, I actually think that they will get out of the mess that they are in and they will survive in the Premier League as well.

This is, of course, assuming they resolve their financial problems and avoid a points deduction. Do you think they will survive if this is applied?

I don't.

This is, of course, assuming they resolve their financial problems and avoid a points deduction. Do you think they will survive if this is applied?

I don't.

On that point I agree with you - it probably would be the final nail in the relegation coffin.

The thing is though - I don't think a points deduction will happen either. For some reason that I cannot fathom, up to now there seems to have been no end of people, banks, institutions who appear to have been happy to throw them a few (million) quid as they have lurched through this.

The only 'attraction' that I can see about PFC at the moment is the fact that they have Premiership status - after that they are pretty much a bargain basement investment opportunity. That said - it would appear that thier current status is indeed enough to have people falling over themselves to loan them money to get by. I also wonder if the FA would step in to assist (ala WHU?) as I don't actually think that it would be in their best interest to have one of their members going into administration.

But as I said before - the Premiership is littered with poor teams now. Given their start PFC should have been cut adrift from the rest of the strugglers - but although they are still bottom, they are more than in with a chance of survival. I think that if they get out of the bottom 3 (which is not unlikely) it will be a massive boost to the players and they will go on from there.

Mind you, as you have said - administration leading to a nine point deduction would almost certainly see them relegated.

The thing is though - I don't think a points deduction will happen either. For some reason that I cannot fathom, up to now there seems to have been no end of people, banks, institutions who appear to have been happy to throw them a few (million) quid as they have lurched through this.

I tend to agree, I think that the Premier League are bending over backwards to stop them from going into Admin, as it would damage the PL brand worldwide. Looking at the loses run up by the Skates, Bolton and Hull as well as the more serviceable debts of the big 4, everyone can see that the PL is a house built on a sand of debts.

Spain and Italy have seen the reputation of their Leagues take a hit when the finances unravelled. The PL are propping up the Skates to try and delay a similar meltdown. They ( the PL) may well be wishing that Pompey slip into the Championship like Leeds did, before Admin hits home, so that It doesn't damage the 'brand'.

Isn't it about time they had a new owner?

Harsh - the current incumbent is definitely in for the long term. If, like Fahim, the long term is "at least six months".

They'll probably beat Blackburn tomorrow. Remember, all relegation seasons have some hope and we can't expect our meagrely supported friends down the road to crawl out of the division on single digit points. They are going to win some games.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/nov/06/premier-league-agents-payments-players

More from today's Guardian about Pompey. They really do love them!

It's the second article down, although I feel their stats from the first may make for interesting reading when released.

Jesus Christ!

Paying wages through a solicitor's client account?!

That is very odd indeed. I wonder what has happened to cause this to need to be done legitimately?

Obviously in this case everything is above board and Fuglers know everything is legit. Usually though, if a client asked a solicitor to pay wages through their client account, most solicitors would be pretty reticent to do so and would start thinking about whether they need to consider various money laundering regulations.

Jesus Christ!

That is very odd indeed. I wonder what has happened to cause this to need to be done legitimately?

Obviously in this case everything is above board and Fuglers know everything is legit. Usually though, if a client asked a solicitor to pay wages through their client account, most solicitors would be pretty reticent to do so and would start thinking about whether they need to consider various money laundering regulations.

The players were called into a meeting last Friday and told "errrr we don't know if you are going to get paid or not" so it was obviously a last minute job and touch and go, where the money came from, who knows? For the first time ever on this board I am ITK on something!

I DO NOT want PFC to go into admin.....YET!

Some time in April, after already being relegated, would be great though!!!!!

That would be the perfect end to a perfect season for them ;)

Jesus Christ!

So the dodgy dealings (allegedly) continue. You just wonder how long the Premier league, can keep burying their heads in the sand & hoping that it will all go away. Seems that they are just hoping that they can last the season out, & hope they get relegated. Then it will be someone else's problem

The players were called into a meeting last Friday and told "errrr we don't know if you are going to get paid or not" so it was obviously a last minute job and touch and go, where the money came from, who knows? For the first time ever on this board I am ITK on something!

I thought I read last week that it was the ordinary staff who had a meeting where they were

told they would have to wait and they moaned that the players had been paid.They were unhappy

that players who could afford to wait a few days didn't have to whereas the staff who couldn't really

afford to wait were forced to do so ?. :confused:

I thought I read last week that it was the ordinary staff who had a meeting where they were

told they would have to wait and they moaned that the players had been paid.They were unhappy

that players who could afford to wait a few days didn't have to whereas the staff who couldn't really

afford to wait were forced to do so ?. :confused:

Well, straight from the horses, well, skates mouth, that is what one of their players told me last Saturday i.e. that the players got called into a meeing and were told that it wasn't certain they were going to get paid.

[quote=Under Weststand;49705

So the dodgy dealings (allegedly) continue. You just wonder how long the Premier league, can keep burying their heads in the sand & hoping that it will all go away. Seems that they are just hoping that they can last the season out, & hope they get relegated. Then it will be someone else's problem If you recall , the chairman?? of the Pl introduced or had some part in the arab being introduced to Pompey.I suggest he will make all efforts to save his a###

Jesus Christ!

? COULD it be that PFC's Bank has indicated that the money would be used to pay for something else, e.g. overdraft, loans etc. if they get their hands on the money.

The £1.8M / £2M (?) would not be used to pay the wages then ?

Just a thought I have no knowledge.

? COULD it be that PFC's Bank has indicated that the money would be used to pay for something else, e.g. overdraft, loans etc. if they get their hands on the money.

That's possible.

I just think that solicitors would need to have a damn good look at The Solicitor's Accounts Rules before using their client accounts as a way of shielding money from creditors.

I don't expect that is what has happened as all the parties seem quite open about this. It is very odd though. I can't think of why this would be done.

Are you PFC's accountant?

I would doubt it, if PFC have broken an agreement then the next step is the bank demanding the money. If that is the case then either the PL are blocking it or the next step for the bank is to call Mr Fry.

It would perhaps (ok a guess) only be to save a transfer step and any investigation in the PFC accounts of where the money came from.

Fantastic result. They are running out of games...

Indeed, they are currently in the middle of a nice run of fixtures.

I think they've only played two matches against the "big 4" so far? They need to pick up points in the next few games.

Interesting to hear Terry Paine speak at Winchester University on Thursday about Poopey's plight. His view is that "the South Coast needs Premiership football whether it's Saints or Poopey"!!! Think he's been in S Africa too long!

I think it was probably along the lines of 'if it can't be Saints then I suppose Pimpey will have to do!!'

I don't get this, "the South coast needs Premiership football" attitude.

Why?

Silly thing to say. It's merit based. Otherwise Carlisle, Ipswich/Norwich, Plymouth and Dover would always be in the Prem.

About as stupid as the comment that the commentator made at the start of today's FA Cup that people who we are remembering at remembrance Sunday gave their lives so we could enjoy football freely. What a complete "book of 100 top cliches" twonk.

About as stupid as the comment that the commentator made at the start of today's FA Cup that people who we are remembering at remembrance Sunday gave their lives so we could enjoy football freely. What a complete "book of 100 top cliches" twonk.

Peter 'failed literary genius so I'll try and impress you all with my many 'bon mots' and obscure stats' fecking Drury. I'd rather have John 'Ohhh and, Oooh and..Ooooh and, it's a throwin, would you believe it' bloody Motson.

Grrrrrr :rolleyes:

Edited by RonManager
Sorry, this is a Poopey thread, better stay on topic - I8Pompey!!

still would disagree - would rather the world did not judge south coast football on those.

Would quite happily like to see them in non-league!

Quite agree Nick, I find them an embarrassment for "south coast football"

They are such a low rent outfit, what sort of image do they project of an otherwise pristine area and they make local football infrastructure look totally ramshackle to outsiders.

Okay, they have got themselves up there using highly doubtful financing and those chickens are now coming home to roost big time, something they should have foreseen all along.

TBH it is cringe worthy to watch all this unfolding and very upsetting that it is constantly equated with our part of the world. It would be better for us if skatesmuff was actually a suburb of, let's say, Middlesbrough. That would appear to suit their image far more realistically, although I suspect Teesiders would be mortified at the thought!

The point at issue is that they are BAD for Saints, as to the uninitiated it looks like we must be something the cat dragged in if they are so laughably abject and yet we are a couple of divisions below them.

Having them as the "south coast's premier team" does us no favours at all in the eyes of others. What a charade it is having a series of fake or non existent new "owners" wheeled out presumably, IMO, to buy time whilst yet more deals are thrashed out behind the scenes.

At least Rupert Lowe was just incompetent, but from down the road comes a very bad odour indeed and the smell is not just of fish. I really do wish that someone could transplant that lot a very long way from the south coast and leave us all in peace...

They are such a low rent outfit, what sort of image do they project of an otherwise pristine area and they make local football infrastructure look totally ramshackle to outsiders.

Okay, they have got themselves up there using highly doubtful financing and those chickens are now coming home to roost big time, something they should have foreseen all along.

TBH it is cringe worthy to watch all this unfolding and very upsetting that it is constantly equated with our part of the world. It would be better for us if skatesmuff was actually a suburb of, let's say, Middlesbrough. That would appear to suit their image far more realistically, although I suspect Teesiders would be mortified at the thought!

The point at issue is that they are BAD for Saints, as to the uninitiated it looks like we must be something the cat dragged in if they are so laughably abject and yet we are a couple of divisions below them.

Having them as the "south coast's premier team" does us no favours at all in the eyes of others. What a charade it is having a series of fake or non existent new "owners" wheeled out presumably, IMO, to buy time whilst yet more deals are thrashed out behind the scenes.

At least Rupert Lowe was just incompetent, but from down the road comes a very bad odour indeed and the smell is not just of fish. I really do wish that someone could transplant that lot a very long way from the south coast and leave us all in peace...

And the sad thing is that you just KNOW that the bastards will be allowed to get away with it because the PL won`t want to spoil the PL brand name.

;)

I take it Us the blue few will not be getting an Xmas card this year;)

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})