Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

how about tony adams...he has not 'pimped' himself for a job in while now..

IMO, that would be even better than Burley.

I believe Stuart Gray is also without a job at the moment.

Or they could turn to Steve Wigley. I'm sure he would like another go at managing a prem team!

They could do alot, lot worse than George Burley.

My ideal appointment would be someone like Zajec.

And Chalkias would be an excellent temporary loan replacement for James.

Where is Corp??? He's missing all the fun!

Still on his way back from Frankfurt with all the money.

IMO, that would be even better than Burley.

I believe Stuart Gray is also without a job at the moment.

Or they could turn to Steve Wigley. I'm sure he would like another go at managing a prem team!

Naaahhh! Needs a cheap continental manager with revolutionary coaching ideas, who's used to working with no money at clubs fighting relegation. Think Mark Wotte's still living round here somewhere?

No! AL-Fahim for manager. Perhaps he's got a Doctorate in football management as well! lol :rolleyes:

And Manure next game. You couldnt have scripted it better! :smt040

We joke, but would anyone actually be that surprised if he started touting himself!!

PMSL

I :smt060 Al-Fahim. Complete Saints legend. Up there with Ben Thatcher and Nathan Dyer.

Apart from Burley they could always try a Dutch experiment Wotte & poortvliet. They'd be cheap & would pay for themselves to come over. :smt040

Fahim Story Teller & Ali Bongo are seriously turning into Saints legends, long may this continue:smt064.

Can't really believe they've sacked him, as apart from the results, they've been playing reasonably well, and have been unlucky(which I'm more than happy with). The team spirit seems to have been there & they've been playing for the manager, lets hope they get a real downer now, could be the final nail in the coffin LETS HOPE SO. :smt098

It's all part of the cunning plan. They'll beat ManUre on Saturday with the "New Manager" syndrome. Then they'll go on to appoint a new manager every week until they're safe.

The "New Owner" syndrome they practised earlier in the season was just a dry run!

I actually feel for Hart, he is the one person at FP who carried on with some dignity whilst the shambles carried on all around him. He kept his head down and tried to get on with the job in hand.

Despite apparent denials I think Grant is a shoe-in for the job although the Darren Ferguson connection is a possibility but I would have thought his old man would be warning him against this. And as has been posted earlier for all this to happen on the day they pull out of the World Cup bid just completes the comedy aspect.

It will all be in place by January -

Financial wizards and joint directors of football Rupert Lowe and Al Fahim in their personalised tracksuits, stood in the Fratton technical area shouting conflicting instructions at their new club captain Nigel Quashie....

I actually feel for Hart, he is the one person at FP who carried on with some dignity whilst the shambles carried on all around him. He kept his head down and tried to get on with the job in hand.

Despite apparent denials I think Grant is a shoe-in for the job although the Darren Ferguson connection is a possibility but I would have thought his old man would be warning him against this. And as has been posted earlier for all this to happen on the day they pull out of the World Cup bid just completes the comedy aspect.

Totally agree,

when i saw the news the first thing I thought was "final nail in coffin'. I thought Hart could hardly have done a better job in the shambolic situation he was put in.

So we have a chief executive being charged with tax evasion

A delusional penniless Chairman who according to the press this morning was not aware the manager was being sacked and disagrees with the decision.

A mystery owner who has never visited the club and who has never even spoken to the manager on the phone.

A major shareholder who's father is wanted for gun running.

A decent manager who was doing as best as could be hoped, dismissed with no one else lined up.

A DoF who was unaware the manager was being sacked, who is in Germany and appears not be able to get a work permit.

A transfer embargo on signing players.

A ramshackle ground and the embarrassment of pulling out of hosting the 2018 games.

No wonder the Guardian this morning has described recent events at Fratton as "resembling a lost episode of Faulty Towers".

A delusional penniless Chairman who according to the press this morning was not aware the manager was being sacked and disagrees with the decision.

A mystery owner who has never visited the club and who has never even spoken to the manager on the phone.

A decent manager who was doing as best as could be hoped, dismissed with no one else lined up.

A DoF who was unaware the manager was being sacked, who is in Germany and appears not be able to get a work permit.

A ramshackle ground and the embarrassment of pulling out of hosting the 2018 games.

No wonder the Guardian this morning has described recent events at Fratton as "resembling a lost episode of Faulty Towers".

Great rundown FF :D

they are screwed...can't see a great escape from this mess.

There's also an interesting quote from Al whatsisname at the bottom of that article expressing his disapproval of Hart's sacking. What a way to run a club...

I still feel they will escape as there are so many poor teams in the league.

I read last night that Hart had turned down the chance to stay in another position, then he said he hadnt made his mind up!!! it is bizarre and only Mackrill is showing up on here.Meringovian did do so in the dark days but he has gone now, as for Ho well im not surprised he has crawled back under a stone and will appear back whe nthings are starting to look up

I wouldn't put money on it, check the next month's fixtures...

Man Utd H

Burnley H

Sunderland A

Chelsea A

Liverpool H

West Ham A

Arsenal H

Meh, I can see them getting at least.....um......err......at least a....um..one point from that lot.

If Burnley play really crap.

Seriously, maybe a couple of draws at the most.

Really stupid time to sack the manager when you look at those fixtures.

They should have either done it after the Man U game or wait until after the Arsenal match. Surely any "new manager" syndrome (if there is one; it seems as though the players were giving Hart 100% already) will be gone pretty quickly even if they pull a result or two out of the bag as there's no way they will string an undefeated run together with those matches.

I feel sorry for Paul Hart. If I was him I would leave Pompey completely. He surely merits a manager's role at a good Championship club.

I still feel they will escape as there are so many poor teams in the league.

I read last night that Hart had turned down the chance to stay in another position, then he said he hadnt made his mind up!!! it is bizarre and only Mackrill is showing up on here.Meringovian did do so in the dark days but he has gone now, as for Ho well im not surprised he has crawled back under a stone and will appear back whe nthings are starting to look up

it doesn't say much about them then, seeing as ''the poorer'' teams all have more points than them!!

we're almost in december,they have Man Utd next...and they are still in single figures points wise.

they're down IMO.

it doesn't say much about them then, seeing as ''the poorer'' teams all have more points than them!!

we're almost in december,they have Man Utd next...and they are still in single figures points wise.

they're down IMO.

I have seen their luck time and again and so expect it to happen again.How they are not in admin is beyond me and the Pl seem to do anything to accept any buyer they put forward.

with so many poor teams their real problem is the opening seven defeats - all they need is three teams to go seven consecutive games without a point and they will be out of trouble - but Wolves aside, I can't see anyone managing that.

A 3 or 4 point gap is easy to overcome if you say it quick but quite an ask of a poor team.

And while they are lumbering through their next few fixtures, some of those teams down the bottom will be taking three points off each other, leaving the worst down there and creating a large gap.

'we are still in touch with Wolves!' the blue few squeal - yes you are, and that's because they'll be going down with you.

It will never do, for the PL to have a bust team in their "richest league in the world" boasts. Now would it! ;)

Indeed, I can even envisage the likes of Chelski, Manyoo etc each stumping up a vast amount of money to pay as a 'bond'. That money going into a pool that can be drawn down from by clubs who are financially mismanaged.

Just like all the teams in the FL pulled together when Leeds, Rochdale, Luton, Stockport faced ruin.

Oh! I dreamed that last bit.

And the first bit, come to think of it.

in the olden days of the Prem we put the 'woe' in woeful - but that's history, the future is red and white!

And if Hull can hang on to the current 3-2 then they would be 11pts ahead of Pompey.

A few more results from other teams and it will be over by Christmas.

On another note

fulham are winning again. What a fantastic Job hodgeson is doing. All this rafa bollix with Liverpool. They should get ol Roy in from fulham.

brilliant manager IMO. One of the best in Europe.

heard him speaking on five live a few weeks back, his insight into the game was fascinating.

Totally agree. Looking at his CV and what he has done at fulham it is pretty strange how he has not had a big club in England.

Liverpool would do well to get rafa to walk and get this man in

I'm crossing my fingers that he will be the next England manager. I couldn't face it if it was Redknapp.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})