Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

"Lost all credibility" - ROTFPMSL.

Nick Nack, this is a football message board, not the House of Commons (mind you, talking about credibility . . . . ). This is almost as funny as when you once said my "position" on here was "untenable". Now, call me strange but it seems to me that you seem to place a lot more importance on what people post here than most. You pompous old duffer.

My position has never changed in what I said. I post on here to pass the time at work. I'm now not at work. Therefore, I don't post. In the words of the youth of today "simples". By all means post something where I've contradicted what I've just said Nick Nack but as it's what I've said since I started posting on this boards forerunner when we were in the Championship I have every confidence you'll ahev problems doing so. But knock yourself out having a go. I said at the start of this season that I thought we'd go down and my opinion hasn't changed so quite what I'm slinking away from God alone knows.

Big kisses

CH

No your credibility on here. At 1 stage people would take on board what you said. You disappearing when the chips were down says it all about you.It is funny you thinking up your excuse though

The Guardian ran a poll asking will Grant keep Pompey up?

The result declared today was 53% said Yes and 47% said No.

I didn't realise there were that many Guardian readers down in Skatesville.

I know of a couple, but I imagine they are exceptions to the rule! My guess is that for most inhabitants the Star has too many words. There are several reasons for this Guardian poll being a close run thing:

• Many neutrals consider Grant to be a good manager, just because he was at Chelsea.
  • Many neutrals assume that the club has some money coming in Jan (who knows?)
  • The gap that Pompey need to make up is quite small... half of the teams in the Premiership would go down in a normal season.

Edited by Joensuu

I think people have seen them survive so many times they think they will again. HR is bound to loan them some stars to help dig them out of the hole.Add that the PL is poor in general and so it is not beyond them with the players they have.

... and once they're down, it will go from bad to worse. They won't go into admin for the first 2 seasons because of the "parachutes". But it will be a cut-throat fight during those seasons with lenders, banks, owners, former owners, fugitive relatives of former owners, agents, Alistair Darling et al fighting over the crumbs. There'll be nothing spare for investment, facilities, players, front room staff, back room staff, coaching staff etc. They will be cut to the bone to pay back debts.

And when the parachutes are finished, they'll go into admin.

And then, I might feel sorry for them.

Have they paid the taxman yet?

If not their latest loan may be used up by March on wages and old transfer fees, and the Sky money will go to taxman - or whichever creditor has first shout on it.

If I had just put £15-20M in the pot I would be taking most of the TV revenue in January, the other creditors could whistle for it.

Rather than strengthening they might need to sell to see them through to the summer, and then there is a LONG wait for the next Sky money.....and if Sky had financial problems or wanted to renegotiate their Prem deal in the morning, Pompey would be in admin by teatime.

Many of the fans still don't get it - Three points against Burnley won't interest the bank, taxman, creditor clubs, investors, financial institutions - they just want their money - or the items secured against it.

As with our own sad tale which should be a lesson to anyone sharp enought to understand, the real trouble is OFF the pitch.

Hart may be gone but there is still a herd of elephants sat in the corner.

Lucky they have the FA and city council to prop up the club by building that new money-spinning stadium for the world cup, without that they would be in BIG trouble.

Time for another hefty loan at crippling interest rates?

Does the poll state the number of people taking it?

Could be just 15 people taking it with 8 saying yes. :o

I see their local paper is having one of those WebChats at the moment

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sectionhome.aspx?sectionid=6338

In one hour they have had only questions from about 10 to 12 different fans ! They really are a sad lot with their questions.

They are after Luca Toni and Dan Sturridge when their ban is lifted (???).

The owner did not turn up on Sat only his brother.

I see their local paper is having one of those WebChats at the moment

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sectionhome.aspx?sectionid=6338

In one hour they have had only questions from about 10 to 12 different fans ! They really are a sad lot with their questions.

They are after Luca Toni and Dan Sturridge when their ban is lifted (???).

The owner did not turn up on Sat only his brother.

Just went undercover to ask what he thought their chances are of paying debts when in the Championship would be. The answer was a typical 'er, it'll be more difficult!' type answer, no further details, just dismissive.

Heads in the sand.

As for Under Weststand's post, I hope the cretis isn't trying to say that I was trumpeting Maradona arriving as Pompey's manager and bringing in Eto'o and chums as I certainly didn't. Maybe he'd like to post a link to me quoting it.

Enjoy it while it lasts though Scumlettes. We all know we're down this season so you'd better put a run together for a playoff place so you can play some more piped crowd noise at the derby game next year.

Oh dear there is only 1 cretin on here corpy & that is our resident fantasy poster being you. I didn't quote you just used a totally ridiculous statement as a sarcastic post.

Obviously it was above your fantasy intellect. Still keep on coming on & telling us when your going to be minted & when they are going to start on the training complex etc. Keeps the joke rolling.

Don't worry about us enjoying it, you & your club are giving us all the best laugh we've had in years, it looks more than likely that it will continue well into the new year. ;)

I am amazed Faraj bought the club in October but still hasn't even visited the place yet! What kind of person buys a football club but doesn't go see what they have bought?

(although to be fair, he's probably better of not seeing what he's purchased!)

That would have been a season changer too, plus african nations in jan, anyone know how many they are losing ??

;)

http://portsmouth-fans.blogspot.com/2009/11/african-cup-of-nations-to-sink-pompeys.html

Club captain Aaron Mokoena won't be travelling for the competition after South Africa failed to qualify, but Pompey will be losing the likes of N****wo Kanu and John Utaka to Nigeria, Hassan Yedba and Nadir Belhadj to Algeria, Aruna Dindane to Ivory Coast, and the possibility of Kevin-Prince Boateng to Ghana if he gets called up

it's not fair, they didn't realise that when you buy cheap players from Africa they tend to be involved in that Africa nations competition - it's not like the clue is in the title...

Anyway, more interestingly, looks like it's about £20M they need to find in the next eight weeks, hope they get some advance money from the world cup bid or Maradona shirt sales.

It maybe time for financial whizzkid and Saints legend Storrie to look down the back of the sofa again.

This must now officially be the most drawn out train crash in history, and if they fail to beat Burnley and we win, well - I won't know whether to just laugh or shriek like a girl on Christmas morning.

I am amazed Faraj bought the club in October but still hasn't even visited the place yet! What kind of person buys a football club but doesn't go see what they have bought?

he certainly wouldn't have bought it if he had seen it first!

with Wotte lined up we can see right through Storrie's revolutionary idea -

Total Business!

Based on a Dutch policy of people seamlessly swapping roles, the cleaner has been organising debt re-structuring, the groundsman has been seeking international funding and Dindane has been playing as a Premiership striker.

Total Business!

Based on a Dutch policy of people seamlessly swapping roles, the cleaner has been organising debt re-structuring, the groundsman has been seeking international funding and Dindane has been playing as a Premiership striker.

:smt046

Probably someone who isn't interested in the football side but thinks they can make cash another way.......

Here's what's going to happen:

Portsmouth will be relegated

Portsmouth will then go into Admin and be docked 10 points in the championship

The land around the ground , will still be in Gaydamaks name and will be sold for a hansome profit.

Portsmouth will be relegated from the championship to league 1

They will frit around with promotion to the championship and life in League one for the forseable future.

The kind of person who bought the club for about a quid.

Probably someone who isn't interested in the football side but thinks they can make cash another way.......

Here's what's going to happen:

Portsmouth will be relegated

Portsmouth will then go into Admin and be docked 10 points in the championship

The land around the ground , will still be in Gaydamaks name and will be sold for a hansome profit.

Portsmouth will be relegated from the championship to league 1

They will frit around with promotion to the championship and life in League one for the forseable future.

Bit generous towards the end there IMO.

Total Business!

You heard it here first! :D

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=512384#post512384

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})