Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I'm crossing my fingers that he will be the next England manager. I couldn't face it if it was Redknapp.

As much as he is a c*nt of the highest order, he plays decent attractive football, also he seems to get the best out of his players.

He would probably make a good england manager.

Ok, well that made my stomach churn, thankfully we have a good manager at the moment.

brilliant manager IMO. One of the best in Europe.

heard him speaking on five live a few weeks back, his insight into the game was fascinating.

He is the best English manager around. He's done a few things for UEFA, this is a highlight of his considerable knowledge of the game:

http://www.uefa.com/trainingground/index.html#34002/128/519235

If Bullard can stay injury free for the rest of the season, Hull have a good chance of survival.

After Saturday against Man U, the Skates could be still on seven points, seven points from safety with a win for West Ham (v Burnley).

if I was Roy Hodgson I would ignore Liverpool and rather take over from Alex Ferguson. I know Murinho wants that job but..... When is AF retiring, in the next couple of years?

Poisoned chalice. It will be very interesting to see who does take it, but they will be a dead man walking the moment they park their car in the old trafford car park

Looks like Grant has got the job!!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5721692,00.html

Just interviewed Paul Merson on SSN. He was scathing of the Skates both in their decision to get rid of Hart and their decision to appoint Grant. He said he could see them getting out of it before, now he's changed his mind.

Edited by krissyboy31

Looks like Grant has got the job!!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5721692,00.html

Just interviewed Paul Merson on SSN. He was scathing of the Skates both in their decision to get rid of Hart and their decision to appoint Hart. He said he could see them getting out of it before, now he's changed his mind.

I assume you meant to say Grant instead of the 2nd Hart?

Grant, despite his tenure at Chelsea when he inherited a very expensive side, is unproven as a manager and it is interesting that after he was sacked at Cheldea no one else came in for him. If I was a Poopey fan God forbid I would have preferred to have kept Hart.

I still feel they will escape as there are so many poor teams in the league.

I read last night that Hart had turned down the chance to stay in another position, then he said he hadnt made his mind up!!! it is bizarre and only Mackrill is showing up on here.Meringovian did do so in the dark days but he has gone now, as for Ho well im not surprised he has crawled back under a stone and will appear back whe nthings are starting to look up

am still here chief. just browsing like ! ;)

Grant, despite his tenure at Chelsea when he inherited a very expensive side, is unproven as a manager and it is interesting that after he was sacked at Cheldea no one else came in for him. If I was a Poopey fan God forbid I would have preferred to have kept Hart.

think its an excellent decision personally. Results after this coming Saturday's heavy defeat will be the marker.

(whichever way you look at it, I think we are going down anyway)

Not sure why Grant is so popular as a choice. In 30 years in Israel league football, not known for its brilliance, he won 4 Toto Cups, 1 Israeli Cup and 4 league titles. As he was always with one of the bigger teams then this might not be seen as that great. Since the Israeli Premier League has been in existence, Maccabi Haifa have won it 6 times out of the 10 years (and where Grant won it twice).

After that he managed the national side and did not qualify for anything.

The Chelsea move is presumably some Jewish connection with Abramovich. While he was quite successful there, I think that even I might have been successful. Might be a somewhat different kettle of fish with players who are not amongst the world's best. And if he was so good, why did Chelsea not renew his contract.

considering what little money we have and the risk of going for someone stupid like Darren Ferguson (thats not to say he is not a good manager) we could do alot worse than Grant, he knows the club and has prem experience

HR said he would be appointed, Im amazed he was not on Betfair doing punts

Noone likes an I told you so !! unless of course you have also predicted their relegation 2 seasons in a row ?

:p

Well, for the first time in ages I'm batting two for two or whatever the darned Yanks call it, Sultan Bin Flop & Hartdepart...

Now I suppose the wish list would be Sk*tes climb out of the bottom 3 over Christmas, the few go on crazy celebratory benders and tell us they'll be playing CL football in 2012, Grant gets to show off his new signing and THEN they go into admin 2nd week of Jan...

(That was wishlist of course, not reading the internet like my first two) :D

:p

Well, for the first time in ages I'm batting two for two or whatever the darned Yanks call it, Sultan Bin Flop & Hartdepart...

Now I suppose the wish list would be Sk*tes climb out of the bottom 3 over Christmas, the few go on crazy celebratory benders and tell us they'll be playing CL football in 2012, Grant gets to show off his new signing and THEN they go into admin 2nd week of Jan...

(That was wishlist of course, not reading the internet like my first two) :D

I dont see why they deserve any highs of climbing out the drop places.They had their highs when they bought the FA cup and so let them wallow at the bottom. I got sick of them telling me they were a sleeping giant and now that is now being shown as the nonsense I tried to point out to them for 20 or more years.

I dont see why they deserve any highs of climbing out the drop places.They had their highs when they bought the FA cup and so let them wallow at the bottom. I got sick of them telling me they were a sleeping giant and now that is now being shown as the nonsense I tried to point out to them for 20 or more years.
But nickh, they are a sleeping giant, A sleeping giant piece of S-H-I-T! HTH :smt040

As much as he is a c*nt of the highest order, he plays decent attractive football, also he seems to get the best out of his players.

He would probably make a good england manager.

Ok, well that made my stomach churn, thankfully we have a good manager at the moment.

I could never celebrate an England victory knowing that Harry was behind it.

FF, is this appointment due to a financial situation between Storrie and that Israeli agent (not Mossad) who claims they owe him a fortune, do you think?

Madness to get rid of Hart who, at least, had them playing with spirit and giving hope that results may follow. This has now given a fragile playing group just the excuse they may need to self implode. Happy days!

I feel sure there is some personal connection between the two Israelis and you wonder who may really be running things down at Krap Nottarf. Perhaps I was wrong and it really is Mossad...

Wonder if the deal with Grant is to ensure he has something to do to justify his (apparent) £900k pa salary (plus Storrie on something similar??)

Will be interested in Phil's take on the news reported here today that the Dubai company that owns DP World and Nakheel are £48billion in debt and struggling to refinance.

If correct wonder what implications this will have on other well known/well heeled Dubai residents (eg the Fake Sheik etc)

Fahim must never be allowed to leave Pompey.

Heard an "interesting" little rumour on Paul Hart from a pretty good source yesterday but libel laws prevent me from adding anything further. :)

Can you tell us more about this rumour FF now that Hart has gone???

I haven't really been keeping track, have they paid off all these debts and had their transfer ban lifted?

Yes we have paid off all them nasty IOUs,,,,,,,,,,We just borrowed a little to do it :D HTH

no 46 away please,

Edited by mack rill

the next court case will be over Hart's contract, they've tried to fob him off with a demotion and that failed so they'll have to dig into Grant's January warchest (shoebox) to get rid of yet another Storrie mistake.

I wonder how the old grave digger will get on, he did really well motivating Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Cech etc, this job can't be that different...

If he can get results against the likes of Burnley and Sunderland he could have the gap down to ten points by February.

Joking aside, I'm sure they have now turned a corner, on and off the pitch.

NOT!

Wonder if the deal with Grant is to ensure he has something to do to justify his (apparent) £900k pa salary (plus Storrie on something similar??)

Will be interested in Phil's take on the news reported here today that the Dubai company that owns DP World and Nakheel are £48billion in debt and struggling to refinance.

If correct wonder what implications this will have on other well known/well heeled Dubai residents (eg the Fake Sheik etc)

Fahim is nothing to do with Dubai Inc....

Sheikh Mo, made it pretty clear yesterday that the "people who got them into this mess" are now persona non grata" by announcing the firings.

I can assure you that the powers that be have not, nor would they ever have looked at Portsmouth. They had people looking at football clubs (the head honcho is an Arsenal fan), but their critical factors were "Added Value" "Sustainability" and "Long Term Benefit to the citizens of Dubai".

Portsmouth offered none of that. All they could have offered was a really band hand in a money ****ing contest with Abu Dhabi. Considering Dubai's need for support right now, that was never going to happen

Fahim did not have any backing from any "Powers that be" in Abu Dhabi.

Although it would never be believed, he had less far less backing and "technical support" than Whacko Jacko.

Fahim worked at Hydra in Abu Dhabi, he did not leave a trail of success there.

So, did he THINK he had more influence than he really had? Did he THINK that the powers in Dubai would have come to his rescue - that's quite possible, but after their experiences with Liverpool & Charlton, Dubai wasn't ready for a loudmouthed self publicist like Fahim to bring them an expensive "trinket", and, TBH if he had asked the question before his ego trip he'd have known it wouldn't happen.

So, Dubai owes $89billion. Most of that is DP World, yet they still managed to put on a damned good show last weekend with the Race to Dubai/Dubai World Championships......

When you owe so much money, you get to pull the strings. What happened yesterday is more of a warning shot across the bows of a few bankers. These guys know who their friends are, was it any co-incidence that Sheikh Mo was in London last week meeting the Queen, Brown & Cameron?

Your press have had a field day in rushing to the defence of greedy morons back home who poured their life savings into a market that they did no research on and took no legal advice on.

Personally I think they've enjoyed giving them a scare.... and doing it the day before most of Dubai shuts down for a week with Eid & National Day was pure class.

Because believe me, if you thought the recession was over or wasn't so bad, if Dubai really decides to default for real, then the collapse so far will seem like a walk in the park. Dubai may OWE $89bil, but how many people bought property here that is now worth 40% of what they are having to pay for it, you could double that figure with ease in the paper trail of cash that has been lost, and a great deal of those bad loans will be yep, in Blighty. You guys got any tax revenue left to shore up the banks AGAIN? Nope.

So in answer to the question. What is MORE likely to happen is that the anti-corruption team down here who arrested many heads of companies here recently will start to look at Abu Dhabi and ask how Fahim managed to boast about 200 million bonus cheques......

His clock is ticking but from a different direction

Sheikh Mo, made it pretty clear yesterday that the "people who got them into this mess" are now persona non grata" by announcing the firings.

I can assure you that the powers that be have not, nor would they ever have looked at Portsmouth. They had people looking at football clubs (the head honcho is an Arsenal fan), but their critical factors were "Added Value" "Sustainability" and "Long Term Benefit to the citizens of Dubai".

Portsmouth offered none of that. All they could have offered was a really band hand in a money ****ing contest with Abu Dhabi. Considering Dubai's need for support right now, that was never going to happen

Although it would never be believed, he had less far less backing and "technical support" than Whacko Jacko.

So, did he THINK he had more influence than he really had? Did he THINK that the powers in Dubai would have come to his rescue - that's quite possible, but after their experiences with Liverpool & Charlton, Dubai wasn't ready for a loudmouthed self publicist like Fahim to bring them an expensive "trinket", and, TBH if he had asked the question before his ego trip he'd have known it wouldn't happen.

So, Dubai owes $89billion. Most of that is DP World, yet they still managed to put on a damned good show last weekend with the Race to Dubai/Dubai World Championships......

When you owe so much money, you get to pull the strings. What happened yesterday is more of a warning shot across the bows of a few bankers. These guys know who their friends are, was it any co-incidence that Sheikh Mo was in London last week meeting the Queen, Brown & Cameron?

Your press have had a field day in rushing to the defence of greedy morons back home who poured their life savings into a market that they did no research on and took no legal advice on.

Personally I think they've enjoyed giving them a scare.... and doing it the day before most of Dubai shuts down for a week with Eid & National Day was pure class.

Because believe me, if you thought the recession was over or wasn't so bad, if Dubai really decides to default for real, then the collapse so far will seem like a walk in the park. Dubai may OWE $89bil, but how many people bought property here that is now worth 40% of what they are having to pay for it, you could double that figure with ease in the paper trail of cash that has been lost, and a great deal of those bad loans will be yep, in Blighty. You guys got any tax revenue left to shore up the banks AGAIN? Nope.

So in answer to the question. What is MORE likely to happen is that the anti-corruption team down here who arrested many heads of companies here recently will start to look at Abu Dhabi and ask how Fahim managed to boast about 200 million bonus cheques......

Phil very interesting take. It amazes me that people think that after apparently the worst financial mess since the great depression is over after less than a year.It's bonkers.

I know of quite a few people who have bought in Dubai i suspect they look a tad sad at present if they look at values.i didnt realise prices had dropped 50%.

considering what little money we have and the risk of going for someone stupid like Darren Ferguson (thats not to say he is not a good manager) we could do alot worse than Grant, he knows the club and has prem experience

So have Stuart Grey, Steve Wigley, Paul Ince and numerous other "Prem" failures, plus Grants experience was with Chelsea. You would have to be really bad to fail with them. This will be a real test for his managerial skills!

So have Stuart Grey, Steve Wigley, Paul Ince and numerous other "Prem" failures, plus Grants experience was with Chelsea. You would have to be really bad to fail with them. This will be a real test for his managerial skills!
he let John Terry did hos team talk during 1 important game, lets hope he doesnt try and get one of his foreign stars who can hardly speak our language do the same

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1231320/Financial-fears-Dubai-trigger-44bn-bloodbath-FTSE.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1231305/Brash-flash-built-mind-boggling-scale-monument-vanity-greed---Dubai-sinking-48bn-debts.html

FF, is this appointment due to a financial situation between Storrie and that Israeli agent (not Mossad) who claims they owe him a fortune, do you think?

Madness to get rid of Hart who, at least, had them playing with spirit and giving hope that results may follow. This has now given a fragile playing group just the excuse they may need to self implode. Happy days!

I feel sure there is some personal connection between the two Israelis and you wonder who may really be running things down at Krap Nottarf. Perhaps I was wrong and it really is Mossad...

Could well be

I wonder how long hart will have to wait before his contract is fully paid up?

TBH the Mail have continually taken the "bash Dubai" line of late.

Primarily because most of the "brainwashed idiots who KNEW property prices could only keep going up" represent their core readers.

In fact the Mail was one who kept telling everyone to jump on the band wagon 4 or more years ago.

The old timers down here just keep saying - serves you greedy feckers right.

In plain English.

There were no property laws. There was no consumer protection legislation. There were no laws to ensure completion of a project in a set time, there were no laws to ensure audited accounts. There was no track record of the market. There were no laws that ensured even IF you owned property you would be able to stay if you lost your employment. There were no laws to say you had the right to resell the house, there were no laws of succession if you died, the developer had the right to charge you ANY figure they liked for "service charges" with NO Service Level Agreements that you would expect. Building Standards were minimal. Properties were delivered of completely different SIZE, SHAPE and FINISH to the brochures. All with NO protection. Did the lawyers or accountants in UK sign up with any local firms to give advice - did they hell they all did it themselves GREED GREED GREED

It wasn't just the buildings that were created on sand, the collective insanity that made Brits (and others) who had NEVER been here queue up to tell us all how much money they were making in property - It was also built on sand.

Nobody CARED about the laws, they cared ONLY about what they could make. And teh same went for the bankers, Hell they were begging construction firms to take out Eurobonds and double the construction density.

This is not Dubai's problem, it's much bigger than that, no matter how many times the Mail reprints the ****** about Ferraris getting dusty at the airport.

The Mail is so aggressive as they helped to keep that insanity ball rolling.

Yes it will impact the Skates and possibly even us as it will make money even MORE difficult to find...

The guys down here are already working on the recovery, it will not be quick, hysterical headlines - well they create panic. Better get your cash out the banks this afternoon

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})