Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

now that the club is primarily financed by regular loans shouldn't the league be doing a fit and proper person test on ALL of these generous businesses?

An investor would have to pass, why not people who are lending?

It looks like a simple scam to bypass the regulations.

£10M of drug money to launder? Lend it to Pompey, get a bit of land in return when they default.

Come on Prem officials, wise up, they are taking the mick out of you again.

now that the club is primarily financed by regular loans shouldn't the league be doing a fit and proper person test on ALL of these generous businesses?

An investor would have to pass, why not people who are lending?

It looks like a simple scam to bypass the regulations.

£10M of drug money to launder? Lend it to Pompey, get a bit of land in return when they default.

Come on Prem officials, wise up, they are taking the mick out of you again.

Can't - because it's a test for owners only. Although how on earth they're going to do a 'fit and proper' test on the invisible Faraj seems a pretty big question. The PL seem to be dodging that in the doomed hope that this mess unravels in a way that doesn't embarrass them.

In the meantime, of course, they're simply failing to apply their own rules.

I'm actually really starting to tire with all this. The PL and the FL should pull their ****ing fingers out and simply ask the question "What the **** is going on here?!" But, knowing that lot, they will proabably get bailed out at the last minute and then we will once again have to hear the ramblings of deluded mad-men and their eto'o et al transfer stories.

Can't - because it's a test for owners only. Although how on earth they're going to do a 'fit and proper' test on the invisible Faraj seems a pretty big question. The PL seem to be dodging that in the doomed hope that this mess unravels in a way that doesn't embarrass them.

In the meantime, of course, they're simply failing to apply their own rules.

People seem to misunderstand the "fit and proper test".

To pass it you have to:

have not been involved in a [or is it two? can't remember] football related insolvencies; and

not be a criminal.

That is it.

People seem to misunderstand the "fit and proper test".

To pass it you have to:

have not been involved in a [or is it two? can't remember] football related insolvencies; and

not be a criminal.

That is it.

No, I'm well aware of how wafer-thin the test is. I just assume that your identity has to be known and face put to the name before you can be passed. I'm also aware that Thaksin was given a clean bill of health, despite the corruption case in Thailand outstanding at the time, and that Gaydamak passed despite continuing suspicion that he was fronting for his dad, who would not have passed even the FA's pathetic requirements.

The football 'fit and proper' test in this country is generally pathetic. The front company that's taken over Notts Co also tried to move into F1, but the FIA banned them.

So there you have it: the FIA has more of a moral compass than the FA and FL. Amazing.

Quote-"The pair strongly deny wrongdoing and have had their bail extended until the middle of December as officials investigate around £10,000 in potentially unpaid tax on an account set up in Monaco".

Are you kiddin me? Is this all over 10k? It's probably costing 1000x that to investigate the issue.

Should we have a sweepstake on when Pompey's administration will be announced??

I thought that if they had lost yesterday, thy may have announced it soon. If they had lost they would have been 7 points off safety - which is quite a lot when you ahave only gained 7 points all season !! However yesterday's result gives them more hope I suppose.

I go for an admin date of 10th March. They play Chelsea the week before and Liverpool a few days later. They won't do a Rupert and wait until it is too late.If it is in March at least we get another 3 months to enjoy their plight - ie Players not being paid // Lurid newspaper headlines // Rumours // Counter rumours // Court cases // Arrests etc etc

What a farce!!

sorry Verbal but I don't think 'legally trading' has been on their agenda for a year now!

The business is in terminal decline yet people at the top continue to drain it of funds...

The auditors and taxman are going to have a field day sometime soon and it's now making our debacle in the summer look like a minor blip.

It will be the hottest ticket in town and I hope Sky cover it live - 'the full financial report on Pompey's last few years of trading' starring senior judges and financial investigators - I can't wait...

sorry Verbal but I don't think 'legally trading' has been on their agenda for a year now!

The business is in terminal decline yet people at the top continue to drain it of funds...

The auditors and taxman are going to have a field day sometime soon and it's now making our debacle in the summer look like a minor blip.

It will be the hottest ticket in town and I hope Sky cover it live - 'the full financial report on Pompey's last few years of trading' starring senior judges and financial investigators - I can't wait...

It will make War & Peace look like a newspaper insert.

Portsmouth's cash crisis has reached the point where the club left Aruna Dindane on the bench against Aston Villa on Tuesday because they did not have the cash to meet the £4m permanent transfer deal one more appearance would have triggered with French club Lens.

However, Pompey renegotiated the deal in time for Dindane to appear against Burnley on Saturday.

Full story: Sunday Mirror

Hmm, so Balram Chainrai has now loaned Pompey a second 15million in the space of 3 months.

There is something strange about Chainrai's involvement that doesn't quite add up. Chainrai co-founded Ameris Holdings with Levi Kushnir. They then sold a 65% stake of Ameris to none other than Gaydamak snr (you might just remember him! http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~1401503,00.html).

The next twist came last September when Chainrai and Kushnir successfully sued Gaydamak snr for failing to buy the rest of Ameris as agreed. They won the case and were awarded about £16M damages. http://archive.globes.co.il/searchgl/Court%20orders%20Gaydamak%20to%20pay%20Kushnir,%20Chainrai%20$23m_h_hd_2L34nDZaqDbmnC30mDJ0mC34sBcXqRMm0.html

So we now have a situation where the very people loaning the cash to bail out Pompey, are the people who have taken the club's former owner's father through the courts. If you throw in to the mix the rumour that the ground and surrounding land is still owned by Gaydamak Jnr, you start to build up a really complicated picture.

Is Pompey actually being used as a pawn in an Israeli business power struggle? Are Chainrai and Kushnir attempting to get a hold on some of the Gaydamak assets they feel they are owed?

Whatever is happening, I doubt very much that Chainrai and Kushnir have football at the top of their agenda....

Hmm, so Balram Chainrai has now loaned Pompey a second 15million in the space of 3 months.

There is something strange about Chainrai's involvement that doesn't quite add up. Chainrai co-founded Ameris Holdings with Levi Kushnir. They then sold a 65% stake of Ameris to none other than Gaydamak snr (you might just remember him! http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~1401503,00.html).

The next twist came last September when Chainrai and Kushnir successfully sued Gaydamak snr for failing to buy the rest of Ameris as agreed. They won the case and were awarded about £16M damages. http://archive.globes.co.il/searchgl/Court%20orders%20Gaydamak%20to%20pay%20Kushnir,%20Chainrai%20$23m_h_hd_2L34nDZaqDbmnC30mDJ0mC34sBcXqRMm0.html

So we now have a situation where the very people loaning the cash to bail out Pompey, are the people who have taken the club's former owner's father through the courts. If you throw in to the mix the rumour that the ground and surrounding land is still owned by Gaydamak Jnr, you start to build up a really complicated picture.

Is Pompey actually being used as a pawn in an Israeli business power struggle? Are Chainrai and Kushnir attempting to get a hold on some of the Gaydamak assets they feel they are owed?

Whatever is happening, I doubt very much that Chainrai and Kushnir have football at the top of their agenda....

Best club to get involved in then.

Just when things look really dodgy Storrie is off on his hols. He looked distinctly uncomfortable yesterday when those two clowns next him tried to join in with the chanting and clapping.

Poor old Storrie-teller.... going on holiday whilst this colossal bugger-up of a football club sinks further.

Something tells me he's sensed the **** is about to hit the fan and he's doing a runner...

If Joensuu is correct in his analysis (and he appears to have done some homework) then if I was Storrie I wouldn't bother coming back.

I don't think Storrie will be in the director's box again.

We should cut them some slack. They've had a good weekend, by their standards.

They won a game.

They scored a couple of good goals.

They kept a clean sheet.

They finally moved off the bottom of ..... Oh, no, wait a minute .......

And they've got a few easy fixtures coming ...... Oh, no, wait another minute ......

Maybe not.

I'm banking on us meeting them in the CCC next season. Would be disappointed if they don't come down and join us.

Yep, I posted this back on page 20-something of this thread...a very tangled web!

You sure did: http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=489189#post489189

I searched the forum for Chainrai, but your post wasn't in the results...

Ah page 60 odd... how times flies on this thread. :D

Has Gaydamak Snr actually paid up what he owes to the 2 chaps? I was under the impression he (Gaydamak Snr) was on the run in Russia, so rather unlikely to sit down and wire them some money...

disappointingly it seems that Pompey may have turned a corner - it's teatime and they haven't taken out a loan yet today.

Though on the upside, I guess the horrendous interest due on the rest of them is gathering momentum with every passing hour.

Tick, tick, tick....

Rehash of old news really but some of the comments by supporters are worth a gander imo.....i do like the 'on the to do list' comment by Jacobs....

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome/Fresh-fears-for-Pompey-fans.5889215.jp

An article in today's Times suggests that PFC will incur a minus 10 point penalty from the Premier League at the end of this season, and a minus 27 point penalty at the start of next season imposed by the Football League. Has anyone else read this? It just gets from bad to worse.

:D

Wouldn't surprise me tbf, they need a proper investigation into the finances there as so much dodgy **** has gone on - surley on par with Luton.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})