Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Allow me to interpret.

The Skates are so p i s s e d off at the huge pile of s h y t e in which they currently lie, they have decided to take action. Not being the brightest of fans, they don't really know who to blame, and so they are going to take retribution on their own insomuch that the Stewards are going to get a right good kickin' during the Wigan game.

Or words to that effect - my skate is not fluent, but passable. HTH..! ;)

You have Babelskate?

is it just a massive coincidence that the two new potential investors are exactly the same people who are awaiting a court-imposed compensation payment of £27M from the arms dealer?

An amount which is unlikely to come as cash, if at all, as he is busy trying to stay out of prison.

But what is their game? The best way to hit a former business associate who has ripped you off could be to get in amongst his previous company and wreck any land investment he still holds perhaps, or do they think they can get some of their dues via this route?

It seems more likely that this is a personal assault on the arms dealer's lingering Fratton interests rather than an investment for football's sake - or do I always see the worst in people?

Can one of our forum financial experts hazard a guess as to what they are up to?

Oh beautiful....

..."He set New Zealand Football back by 10 years"...

Finally, clear evidence that appointing SCW to run the Academy is NOT the most far fetched footballing appointment ever made.

"Their Fawlty Towers period"....

Spot on, Arabs & Israelis - can see it now - don't mention the war(s)

the lolage continues, how nice it is to no longer be the laughing stock of footall

Just to add to the level of smug self satisfied smirling on here, I liked this article about Newcastle sounded awfully familiar...

I know it never lasts, but isn't it great, just for once, being amongst only a few supporters of clubs in the land that can be happy with our lot

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/stevewilson/100002920/mike-ashleys-great-newcastle-united-gamble-looks-like-a-lottery/

Oh and well done to a poster yesterday with an ITK esque input that the final nail in the coffin may be ready to be hit with a hammer

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/portsmouth/6455476/Premier-League-ready-to-use-Portsmouths-TV-cash-to-pay-off-debts-to-other-clubs.html

Skates playing Salisbury next season maybe?

The best way to hit a former business associate who has ripped you off could be to get in amongst his previous company and wreck any land investment he still holds perhaps, or do they think they can get some of their dues via this route?

Oh and well done to a poster yesterday with an ITK esque input that the final nail in the coffin may be ready to be hit with a hammer

Is this the poster DP ? even if not, as above, I have found rb's posts very interesting.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/portsmouth/6455476/Premier-League-ready-to-use-Portsmouths-TV-cash-to-pay-off-debts-to-other-clubs.html

Skates playing Salisbury next season maybe?

The thing not picked up on there, is that the January cash has already been pledged to Standard Bank, according to Peter Storrie.

Uh-oh.

This whole thing is rather brilliant I think:

Venables moves from consultant to buying the club for a £1

Club go in to Admin

PFC purchased by Manderic

Manderic brings in HR

They reach the Prem

Manderic brings in Grant as DoF

HR has a wobbly and quits, move to Saints

HR gets Saints relegated

HR goes back to PFC

Milan sells to Gaydamak Jr

Gaydamak Sr says he really owns it

PFC and Gaydamak Jr deny this

PFC win FA Cup with big money players signed by Gaydamak Jr

Gaydamak Jr racks up huge debt

HR quits again and joins Spurs, Adams takes over.

Firesale of all good palyers

Fahim, Faraj, Storrie, Zahavi et al sniff about

Gaydamak sells PFC to Fahim

No he doesnt

Storrie (plus Faraj and linked with Zahavi) thinks he has got the rights to buy

No, no Fahim now really does own it

Tel Aviv court orders Gaydamak Sr to pay Kushnir and Chainri £16m compo

Fahim is potless and looks to bring in some outside help. He negotiates the pay off of debts against future Sky monies.

Club break Prem record for losses at the start of a season.

Fahim sells 90% of club to Faraj, but keeps the rights on the land that apparently Gardamak Jr still owns.

Gaydamak Sr is charged with crimes and sentenced to 6 years in France but is still on the run in Russia.

Saudi paper interviews Faraj and his brother in which they say they are not billionaires.

Guardian et al run the story, PFC sate the story is false and say they will sue and hint the story was made up by "someone"

PFC back track and pull their suing line

Faraj is potless. Ooops.

Faraj borrows £5M to pay wages

PFC bring in Grant as DoF

Premier League impose Transfer Embargo and talk about withholding the (already earmakred) Sky cash to pay other clubs.

Rumours abound that the club owe Zahavi £3m hence his "help" with bringing in so many buyers

Kuchnir and Chainri look likely to invest in the club, alongside Faraj and Fahim and possible the son of the man they have just sued.

Did I miss anything?

Edited by Pancake

The thing not picked up on there, is that the January cash has already been pledged to Standard Bank, according to Peter Storrie.

Uh-oh.

BINGO!

Pre-bloomin-cisely

So, unless the newbies get the money sorted out even the oldies don't get their money,

So then the oldies can claim the club back from the newbies and the bank can take over the lot of them

Club go in to Admin

Manderic brings in HR

They reach the Prem

HR gets Saints relegated

HR goes back to PFC

No he doesnt

Storrie (plus Faraj) thinks he has got the rights to buy

Fahim is potless and looks to bring in some outside help. He negotiates the pay off of debts against future Sky monies.

Fahim sells 90% of club to Faraj, but keeps the rights on the land that apparently Gardamak Jr still owns.

Gaydamak Sr is charged with crimes and sentenced to 6 years in France but is still on the run in Russia.

Faraj is also potless. Ooops.

Faraj borrows £5 to pay wages

Premier League impose Transfer Embargo and talk about withholding the (already earmakred) Sky cash to pay other clubs.

Kuchnir and Chainri look likely to invest in the club, alongside Faraj and Fahim and possible the son of the man they have just sued.

Did I miss anything?

Yeah, they threatened legal action against a number of newspapers for printing untrue stories about a Faraj interview where he stated having no money and only intending on being there for 6 months. They then had to retract their statement as it all turned out to be true LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and another question

Two blokes are sueing Gaydamark Snr for a lot of money

And are expected to take over the football club for nothing.

Just remind me which Gaydamark own(ed) the club? Oh I do hope there wasn't a bit of covering upshellcompanycreativeaccounting going on?

Imagine the mess in the PL if THAT was the case, no wonder the PL want rid of the mess as well!

The severity of Portsmouth's financial difficulties was highlighted when it emerged that the deal to acquire a 90 per cent stake had cost Faraj nothing

LOL (again) @ Fat Alf and his 10% of nowt being worth £10M.

Yeah, they threatened legal action against a number of newspapers for printing untrue stories about a Faraj interview where he stated having no money and only intending on being there for 6 months. They then had to retract their statement as it all turned out to be true LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah!

Updated with a few other bits too.

Edited by Pancake

Wouldnt it be fun if the PL witheld the Sky money they are waiting at the end of this week to clear these historic debts ;)

Seems the PAYE and wages plan for this month has fallen apart :smt046

Seems like there are more leaks at Fratton Park than there used to be at SMS in the Exec wars days.

Well spotted and congrats to your source 20 hours before it made the press.

:smt046

hmmm a cunning plan Baldrick, now all we need is someone with a perfect track record of takeovers.

Are there any "Family farms" or "Petting zoos" near Porstmouth?......

time is getting close, the coup de grace should at least be administered (oh nice new meaning) by a former forum member

Interesting last sentence Phil - care to elaborate?

Are you inferring that we may see the return of a certain Mr Jackson, or are you just stirring the pot to have a little fun?

I really hope it's the latter because I honestly think that I would actually die laughing if MJ got involved with this!!!!!

Interesting last sentence Phil - care to elaborate?

Are you inferring that we may see the return of a certain Mr Jackson, or are you just stirring the pot to have a little fun?

I really hope it's the latter because I honestly think that I would actually die laughing if MJ got involved with this!!!!!

Nah it was pot stirring - just another way of getting in a cheap shot at our sk8temates on here... which would be more horrific for them - Rupes or Jacko taking over from Faraj as next week's owner.

We did chat about it over a beer when I was in UK a few weeks ago - more lol'ing at the whole Sultan Bin Trump thing and at the lack of info on Ali de man, and how we wished we could have dreamt up such a long drawn out demise for them - we agreed we could never have come up with something as good as the reality!

Oh and I know it isn't a widely held opinion on here, but even Jacko has SOME business acumen and some reputation - why'd he want to make it any worse by getting involved in THAT mess down there? :D

feck me I blogged that minutes ago and some lazy journo turns it into a story in the mirror...

Today 11:06 AMdubai_philOh, and another question

Two blokes are sueing Gaydamark Snr for a lot of money

And are expected to take over the football club for nothing.

Just remind me which Gaydamark own(ed) the club? Oh I do hope there wasn't a bit of covering upshellcompanycreativeaccounting going on?

Imagine the mess in the PL if THAT was the case, no wonder the PL want rid of the mess as well!

Club go in to Admin

Manderic brings in HR

They reach the Prem

HR gets Saints relegated

HR goes back to PFC

No he doesnt

Saudi paper interviews Faraj and his brother in which they say they are not billionaires.

Guardian et al run the story, PFC sate the story is false and say they will sue and hint the story was made up by "someone"

Faraj is potless. Ooops.

Rumours abound that the club owe Zahavi £3m hence his "help" with bringing in so many buyers

Did I miss anything?

Preety certain it was Zajec that caused Redcrack's wobble

i love being able to laugh at them.... every morning this thread puts a smile on my face.

Oh, and btw.... where's Corpy boy? Lying low once again since Al-Faraj was outed as a sham too... lmao

He's in Germany helping Faraj carry the billions back.

Club go in to Admin

Manderic brings in HR

They reach the Prem

HR gets Saints relegated

HR goes back to PFC

No he doesnt

Faraj is potless. Ooops.

Did I miss anything?

I can see this story line appearing in a new edition of 'Spooks'......You missed a little romance.......Karen Brady may be on her way.:D

He's in Germany helping Faraj carry the billions back.

Let's face it, the only way the poor battered Sk8te fans are ever going to see somebody with billions at Nottarf Krap will be when some Vietnamese Shopkeeper from Hanoi turns up.....

Billion Dong - whats that these days about $1,000 or so?

Don't forget plans for a £600m floating toilet bowl stadium followed by the plans to build a stadium on a rubbish tip.

That part was always due for review. In light of thier current financial footing I believe they have come up with a cunning plan in that, they are going to do it the other way around and build a rubbish tip on top of the current stadium. Genius..! ;)

That part was always due for review. In light of thier current financial footing I believe they have come up with a cunning plan in that, they are going to do it the other way around and build a rubbish tip on top of the current stadium. Genius..! ;)

How will anyone know any difference.

:smt046

Is this old news?

An Israeli businessman reportedly interested in backing Portsmouth has had three of his businesses placed in receivership.

http://www.thejc.com/sport/sport-news/21437/doubt-over-pompey

Ok look everyone, can we stop this whole thing now.

I mean the whole story was totally unbelievable but now THIS article has come out....

...."The Jewish Chronicle quotes

Property developer Kushnir flatly denied that he is about to loan money to Portsmouth. He said: “I’ve no connection to the club. These are stupid rumours.”

Well that HAS put me in a great mood for tonight's Bond movie

Like many others...Confused..Has anybody put money into the club/paid off any debts or is it just the initial salaries paid last month with money that is now a further debt to Pompey......It would appear to me that none of these minor players has any money and there will now be a scrap over some land that will be deemed worthless. If I have got this wrong..many apologies.

How can The premier League and The HM Revunue collecter stand back and let this circus continue......Pompey allegedly owe approaching 100 mil....Slight exageration on my part..it looks better....It is only 90 mil really.

:but now THIS article has come out....

...."The Jewish Chronicle quotes

Property developer Kushnir flatly denied that he is about to loan money to Portsmouth. He said: “I’ve no connection to the club. These are stupid rumours.”

The Jewish Chronicle seems to have spent a lot of time covering the purchases of clubs on the south coast over the last few months.Perhaps he's a friend of Fialka's.

As another thought,is it not surprising that Tony Lynam and his Penisicicle group are not behind any negotiations for nameless obscenely rich backers ?

In view of all that's going on down the road you really have to take your hat off to Paul Hart. Keeps his head down and gets on with the job. Can't be easy for him to say the least but I think he'll come out of the sorry mess with his head held high and probably walk into a decent job in due course unlike Storyteller et al.

In view of all that's going on down the road you really have to take your hat off to Paul Hart. Keeps his head down and gets on with the job. Can't be easy for him to say the least but I think he'll come out of the sorry mess with his head held high and probably walk into a decent job in due course unlike Storyteller et al.

Agreed.

Can you imagine the belly-aching from Redknapp in the same situation?!

Let's face it, the only way the poor battered Sk8te fans are ever going to see somebody with billions at Nottarf Krap will be when some Vietnamese Shopkeeper from Hanoi turns up.....

Billion Dong - whats that these days about $1,000 or so?

Mmmmmmm battered sk8te....

It would be nice to have a synopsis. Money owed is tricky to find a baseline but here is a first attempt:

Standard Bank: £26m ?, not sure how much was paid in Sept

Arsenal: £1m for Diarra sell on clause

Chelsea: £1m for Glen Johnson sell on clause

Watford: £0.5m for Mike Williamson

Agents: £3m

HMRC: £10 ?

Barclays: £10m ?

Monthly outgoings:

£2m for player wages

Income:

£20m ? Sky money in Sept

£12m Sky money in January

?= not sure of amount, happy to be corrected. Other outgoings need to be added but not sure what amount for the upkeep of Fratton as the price of creosote escapes me.

Ownership club:

SAF: 10% plus first option on land

Consortium: 90%, two members suing Gaydamak Snr

Gaydamak Jr: owns land around fratton

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})