Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Apparently Avram Grant has been refused a work permit.

Apologies if this is common knowledge.

All managers of English teams must hold the UEFA Pro License before 01/01/2010.

The last intake did not include Grant and it is not possible for him to hold the qualification before this date.

Ok i know he is not employed as manager,but this is the scenario which is planned.

Edited by saint lard

? COULD it be that PFC's Bank has indicated that the money would be used to pay for something else, e.g. overdraft, loans etc. if they get their hands on the money.

The £1.8M / £2M (?) would not be used to pay the wages then ?

Just a thought I have no knowledge.

My guess would be that

1) there wasn't enough money in the account to pay the wages at the time (no big shock)

2) the "new investors" were prepared to put the money in to pay the wages

3) the relationship with the bank is such that they weren't confident that if they paid money into the club's bank account that the bank would then allow the payment out again to go through

On the face of it, now a good sign however as has been explained already it is all just part of the "restructuring" and is nothing to wory about. :rolleyes:

this thread has generated so much laughter it deserves to be back up the top.

At least things are going better on the pitch, safety is still in sight, the free-scoring team is playing well and defending tightly, and once Maradona and Grant get those Galacticos in during January with Fahim's £50M gift, the likes of Wolves and Hull won't know what's hit them.

But I do wonder if any of those people who have loaned even more money into the black hole have asked for a first repayment yet, did Storrie actually twig that these people did want it back, and that annoyingly, the whole repaying malarky starts quite soon?

January's TV money is spoken for, the loans have been used to clear debt, the season ticket money has long gone, the business must now be running mainly on the money through the turnstiles from about 6,000 additional people a home game - roughly £90K a week, approx a quarter of the wage bill.

If they draw us in the cup they will have to forego home advantage and come to St Marys to use it as a money spinner.

After the loss against Blackburn, the run of fixtures to the end of the year (game 20) are:

Sun 22nd November Away Stoke

Sat 28th November Home Man Utd

Sat 5th December Home Burnley

Sat 12th December Away Sunderland

Weds 16th December Away Chelsea

Sat 19th December Home Liverpool

Sat 26th December Away West Ham

Wed 30th December Home Arsenal

I can see a generous 10pts but a more likely 6pts (Burnley win and three draws) leaving them on anything from 13-17 points with 18 games to go, a tough ask even if the points total is dropped to 36 points for survival.

After the loss against Blackburn, the run of fixtures to the end of the year (game 20) are:

Sun 22nd November Away Stoke

Sat 28th November Home Man Utd

Sat 5th December Home Burnley

Sat 12th December Away Sunderland

Weds 16th December Away Chelsea

Sat 19th December Home Liverpool

Sat 26th December Away West Ham

Wed 30th December Home Arsenal

I can see a generous 10pts but a more likely 6pts (Burnley win and three draws) leaving them on anything from 13-17 points with 18 games to go, a tough ask even if the points total is dropped to 36 points for survival.

Ho will assure you his mate at the club says those are all going to be won. Especiall y when they get clearance for Diop.

They have to beat Burnley, there willbe a game they will win unexpectedly and 2-3 drws. o probably 9 points from there

Edited by OldNick

The Burnley and Sunderland games will be key for them, sandwiched as they are in between 4 tricky fixtures.

If those 6 games go badly they could be as good as down. If they get a few points then the match against West Ham will be a huge six-pointer.

Ho will assure you his mate at the club says those are all going to be won. Especiall y when they get clearance for Diop.

They have to beat Burnley, there willbe a game they will win unexpectedly and 2-3 drws. o probably 9 points from there

The Burnley game will be an interesting match as the Skates could be on a losing run what with Stoke wanting to win after the last gasp loss this w/e who also have a good home record and Man U not wanting to lose ground on the top two.

The only game i can see them realistically winning by christmas is Burnley at home, and even that won't be easy. Stoke & Sunderland should beat them comfortably & then the other games are against United, Chelsea & Liverpool which they are highly unlikely to get anything from. That 6 pointer against West Ham on boxing day should they lose it would see a very large nail hammered into their coffin.

They are far too good to go down. Their galactico captain said so. We'll ignore the fact that said Galactico only last season was struggling to hold down a place in Blackburn's second string and take him at his word. Far too good to go down.

gwdwhihlehdill2pf3dpeg.jpg

For those who weren't with us during the days of the Train Photo, you possibly may not realise that THIS is without a SINGLE doubt, THE post of the Year.

Good work MB

(And the joke isn't "Are you my Mummy?" although that is funny as well)

This thread is surely bound for Golden Posts when the Pompey saga finally comes to a close.

Maybe time for a picture thread with that one starting it off?

talked to a Pompey fan last night and they still don't get it - 'we have the TV money to come' seems to be the answer to everything, ignoring all the loans secured against TV money until the end of time.

Also, if you buy a cheap house next to the airport don't be surprised if you hear some planes, and if you buy cheap players from Africa don't be surprised if they go the the Africa Nations Cup, and they tend not to return on time.

So from now until the end of the year they might get points off Sunderland, Stoke, Burnley, West Ham, then their reserve side is pitched into battle in January.....I do hope they don't draw their rivals away in the cup, that could be the final straw for their season.

But if another wage bill causes problems or Storrie gets found guilty, then the financial side will look bleaker than the playing side, and that would be an achievement.

I will miss this golden era but it has gone on far longer than I hoped.

Lol.

The best quotes are at the end.

Hart knows it will be a tough period for his team, who have picked up just seven points from their first 12 Premier League games this season.

But he insists it will not necessarily spark a spending spree in the January transfer window.

Err... should that read "there is no cash to spark a spending spree in January"

“But who is to say that January is a good time to buy players anyway? Historically it’s not.

People who are aware of the transfer window?

“I’m not so sure it is the best time, so it is not as simple as just getting a load of money and splashing it.

Taxi for Redknap

African Cup of Nations dates 10 - 30th Jan. Assume players are called up around the 5th or so, Skates fixtures in this time frame:

9th Away to Fulham

16th Home to Birmingham

26th Away to West Ham

31st Away to Man Citeh (Potentially losing a few players for this, one day after the final.

The three 'core' games in this period are ones vital for their survival, all against teams who should be either beatable at home or will be fighting around them.

And they will be massively understrength. Another 9 points gone begging.

Hart said: “I brought it to people’s notice a month ago, because it will take the spine out of the team and could be a difficult situation.

Well ain't he on the ball. I posted the below on 2nd September......

"they have to be a little concerned about the African Cup of Nations. Belhadj will most likely go with Algeria, and Utaka with Nigeria. Don't think Borre plays."

Hart said: “I brought it to people’s notice a month ago, because it will take the spine out of the team and could be a difficult situation.

Well ain't he on the ball. I posted the below on 2nd September......

"they have to be a little concerned about the African Cup of Nations. Belhadj will most likely go with Algeria, and Utaka with Nigeria. Don't think Borre plays."

Vanden Borre is declared for Belgium

Poll please mods:

Are Pompey a bit rubbish and a complete joke in every possible respect (players, management, owners, fans, facilities)?

"Yes" or "no". I think we have quite a balanced debate on here and it would be good to find out which side of the fence we sit on as a group.

Poll please mods:

Are Pompey a bit rubbish and a complete joke in every possible respect (players, management, owners, fans, facilities)?

"Yes" or "no". I think we have quite a balanced debate on here and it would be good to find out which side of the fence we sit on as a group.

And thanks to the miracle of modern technology, for the first time in TSW history, every single registered user has voted.

And yes, I do believe that it is null points for the Noes.

(Bit like the Sk*tes when they get their minus 9 in January)

that could be another record to add to that hilarious start to the season - the only team to get a 9pt penalty and still be on negative points in January.

If they stumble along at this pace and then get a penalty for the financial irregularities or administration I reckon they will be mathematically relegated around February.

If they got hit for both I think they were relegated four weeks ago and we all missed it!

IF relegation does happen and let's remind ourselves that it is only a possibility at the moment....the penalty points scenario wouldn't be as much fun - I want to sit there and savour their demise, in my best suit, eating Twiglets, with a can of Tizer to hand - I don't want them to go down as a result of off the field stupidity, I want to see the final coffin-nail-goals hit the net on Sky.

Though at a push I would begrudgingly accept watching it on any channel.

I want them to go down in the most heart breaking fashion ever. Like Sheff Utd in 94 ( I think it was, when a late goal at Chelsea relegated them) or like Man C, when they thought they were safe and were playing for time.

I want them to stage a recovery, winning 5 in a row to go 2 points clear of the drop zone, going into the last game. They're then robbed by a terrible refereeing decision in the last min, as a peno is awarded unjustly against them. They charge up the other end looking for an equalizer, but have a perfectly good goal disallowed for off side. Meanwhile West Ham score a dodgey off side goal in the last minute of their game, comdemning Poorsmouth to relegation. How funny would it be watching MoTD that night, all the pundits saying how unlucky they were,and what terrible decisions went against them, and there's nothing they can do about it.

I want them to go down in the most heart breaking fashion ever. Like Sheff Utd in 94 ( I think it was, when a late goal at Chelsea relegated them) or like Man C, when they thought they were safe and were playing for time.

I want them to stage a recovery, winning 5 in a row to go 2 points clear of the drop zone, going into the last game. They're then robbed by a terrible refereeing decision in the last min, as a peno is awarded unjustly against them. They charge up the other end looking for an equalizer, but have a perfectly good goal disallowed for off side. Meanwhile West Ham score a dodgey off side goal in the last minute of their game, comdemning Poorsmouth to relegation. How funny would it be watching MoTD that night, all the pundits saying how unlucky they were,and what terrible decisions went against them, and there's nothing they can do about it.

No, I want to see them desolate, broken and totally without hope of survival. Your way would be funny as hell though!!!!

If there is one thing better than watching the car crash called PFC it is watching the car crash knowing that you are going to make money on it. I just hope they stay bottom all season ....

I have had a serious wager (well serious to a man who does not bet big) that they will be bottom at Xmas. I got 10/1 on that back in the summer. I was banking on them getting a 9 point deduction for going into admin but I am still feeling confident as I reckon that their fixture list between now and Xmas will scupper any hope they have of a revival.

I then have 14/1 on them being bottom at the end of the season. I think that unlike our esteemed ex leader Rupert they will pull the plug so that they get the 9 point administration deduction whilst still in the Premiership rather than carry it into the championship for next season.

I also have them at 4/1 to get relegated. That must be a certainty . Do you think the bookies will pay out on it already??

i want to see them down..and down asap...the fall out of all that would be worth the watch

That's when things will really get interesting.

When they get relegated next May they are financially wiped out. The endless stream of loans and debts will be overwhelming and a mad scramble will doubtless ensue from creditors for funds that simply don't exist.

No one on the planet (this or any other one) would buy into that mess. They are starting to make Rupert Lowe look like a financial wizard. Even the parachute payments will no doubt be grabbed by someone.

Under this scenario a winding up order seems highly likely, and thus goodbye skates. However, if they go into admin can their mountain of debt simply be wiped with some small payment and then they carry on (for what passes for them) as normal?

Is this what Storrie and/or others are waiting for? Pointless to take on the debt, but someone (probably Harry.. well it is his spiritual home!) will be in for it as a debt free enterprise, picked up for a pittance.

Can't see the creditors being too happy at that, but critically it may all depend on what all those loans are secured against. If they lose the cowshed and the land around it then it's pretty much all over for them, unless they do a deal to ground share with H+W, of course. At least West Leigh Park will easily be able to accommodate their expected crowds... ;)

problem with that plan is that some dodgy ex skate like , er lets see, Kevin Ball, will pop up and give them a dodgy pen in the dying seconds of the season.

Maybe they would miss it in your plan though.....................

Under this scenario a winding up order seems highly likely, and thus goodbye skates. However, if they go into admin can their mountain of debt simply be wiped with some small payment and then they carry on (for what passes for them) as normal?

Not really. For one, those creditors are not going to walk away with nothing with "new" Pompey trousering the parachute payments. The creditors will take absolutely everything that isn't nailed down. And, I doubt any "new" Pompey would have any rights over the stadium or the land surrounding which is of course worth £900billion if you listen to the Pompey divs on here.

The "new" Pompey will be bought for a pittance but that's because it will be an utterly worthless shell.

That must have come from his usual impeccable source, who also confirmed the signing of riquelme and Eto'o - those 2 deals are still held up due to a complete lack of money apparently.

Not a word from him this week again. Obviously gardening leave means , mummy/wife/teacher/sister/brother taking awauy his computer lol, or waiting for some good news to come on here to give us the big one again.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})