Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I understand Avram Grant still can't get his work permit and quite possibly unlikely to.

Icing on the cake would be for them to sack Hart and install Burley.

Mind you,Harts doing a fine job ;)

Why would it be unlikely? He's been working in this country in a similar capacity over the last few years including a Pompey and at one of the biggest clubs in the land, and in his last employment he managed said club to the Champion's League final.

Refusing a work permit on Grant's CV (on paper, not saying I'd want him at Saints particularly) would be the unlikely scenario in my book.

Why would it be unlikely? He's been working in this country in a similar capacity over the last few years including a Pompey and at one of the biggest clubs in the land, and in his last employment he managed said club to the Champion's League final.

Refusing a work permit on Grant's CV (on paper, not saying I'd want him at Saints particularly) would be the unlikely scenario in my book.

All managers of English teams must hold the UEFA Pro License before 01/01/2010.

The last intake did not include Grant and it is not possible for him to hold the qualification before this date.

Not sure of what loopholes there are,considering he was gaffer at Chelsea.

Ok i know he is not employed as manager,but this is the scenario which is planned

Just passing on info given.

All managers of English teams must hold the UEFA Pro License before 01/01/2010.

The last intake did not include Grant and it is not possible for him to hold the qualification before this date.

Not sure of what loopholes there are,considering he was gaffer at Chelsea.

Ok i know he is not employed as manager,but this is the scenario which is planned

Just passing on info given.

I would have thought he would have more chance of getting the work permit as a coach/manager (due to his past record). He has applied under the position of DoF, which in essence is a football administration job. The Home Office looking at this could quite rightly ask, why does any sporting establishment in this country need an administrator from outside the EU?

I think his knees gave up when he got to fifty, though they could do with him,

Hunter alongside, Harris and Reaney, it would have to look more secure.

Obvious comic misunderstandings aside, being rated one of Pompey's best players is like being voted the nicest serial killer or the least greedy MP.

Maybe....

1. He's frightened of open spaces and rows of seating, and saw that they took less to Stoke at the weekend for a vital game than we are going to take to Hartlepool on a wet Tuesday night.

2. Doesn't believe Hart every week when he says they have been the better team and the results will come.

3. They haven't paid him.

4. They haven't paid for him.

5. He doesn't want to get caught up in the Jihad that is brewing behind the scenes.

I think his knees gave up when he got to fifty, though they could do with him,

Hunter alongside, Harris and Reaney, it would have to look more secure.

Obvious comic misunderstandings aside, being rated one of Pompey's best players is like being voted the nicest serial killer or the least greedy MP.

Maybe....

1. He's frightened of open spaces and rows of seating, and saw that they took less to Stoke at the weekend for a vital game than we are going to take to Hartlepool on a wet Tuesday night.

2. Doesn't believe Hart every week when he says they have been the better team and the results will come.

3. They haven't paid him.

4. They haven't paid for him.

5. He doesn't want to get caught up in the Jihad that is brewing behind the scenes.

Happy to line them up ;-)

It was on another forum that the fans had noticed (!) he wasn't getting a game anymore.

Any other prem season they will be dead and buried by now, look how close it was when we went down for christ sake ????

I am worried that they may survive due to other clubs in and around the drop zone just being absolutely sh*te this year.

God i hope they go into admin, and soon, then i can sit happily in the knowledge that any of my next arguements with my skate mate will be swiftly won.

you are right, 30pts might be enough at this rate, there are some woeful teams.

The only worrying thing from their point of view is that despite 5/6 awful teams failing miserably Pompey have still managed to pull away at the bottom and as we all know, that deep well where you store those great escapes of the past suddenly runs dry and it's someone else like Hull or West Ham that win three on the trot.

They do have some winnable games in the run-in so it could be possible with a new manager and squad changes, but a lot will depend on whether someone wants to lend more to improve things.

Ideally they will be 12pts off safety at the end of January and just plan (badly) for the Championship.

Any other prem season they will be dead and buried by now, look how close it was when we went down for christ sake ????

I am worried that they may survive due to other clubs in and around the drop zone just being absolutely sh*te this year.

God i hope they go into admin, and soon, then i can sit happily in the knowledge that any of my next arguements with my skate mate will be swiftly won.

Have been saying this for some time - they could well survive. They maybe shyte, they may have made an awful start to the season, but others have not capitalized on it. There are some woeful teams in the Prem this year and I think that the saftey zone will be drastically reduced. Another 5 points would see them out of the relegation zone - there is time for them to improve while others falter.

All of that said, I think that they have a pretty tough run of games coming up leading upto the xmas period - so they could yet get cut adrift.

I honestly thought that they would get out of trouble because other teams were so pants - however, I think the next 6 - 7 games will now cement my views. 'Merry Christmas Saints' fans - they're down, however it could be a 'Bleak Mid Winter' and they survive. Place your bets...!

I think the next 6 - 7 games will now cement my views. 'Merry Christmas Saints' fans - they're down, however it could be a 'Bleak Mid Winter' and they survive. Place your bets...!

Or have a sweepstake - I reckon they will go into admin on March 18th

Getting rid of Hart is madness for them.

Much as I hate Poopey, I have to admit Hart had them playing with spirit and not a little skill.

Sacking him will be the biggest nail in their coffin imo.

I really can't believe they have done what they have.

This proves the lunatics have well and truly taken over the asylum.

Much as I hate Poopey, I have to admit Hart had them playing with spirit and not a little skill.

I think it'll be the other way around, unless of course they get Adams in!

early rumours suggest Darren Ferguson will come in. What are the odds of him being there in time for saturday and pulling off a victory against manure?

I agree.

sad news, I was enjoying his reign.

Anyway I guess they are now entering their Wigley phase followed by their 'big name desperate for a job' - ''what there's no money?..But I can't do anything with this bunch of losers, you told me there was big funding on the horizon'' phase.

It can't be as funny as the last few months but there should be some laughs along the way.

I can't decide if this is good or bad news, considering what he's had to work with Hart couldn't have done alot more, there's a chance he's been working miracles just to get to 7 points and they will now capitulate.

Looks like a panic decision to me, they don't have anything to lose by giving somone else a go because at the moment they look doomed. I can't see anyone decent touching that job with a barge pole.

sad news, I was enjoying his reign.

Anyway I guess they are now entering their Wigley phase followed by their 'big name desperate for a job' - ''what there's no money?..But I can't do anything with this bunch of losers, you told me there was big funding on the horizon'' phase.

It can't be as funny as the last few months but there should be some laughs along the way.

That'll be Curbishley, I expect.

Avram Grant will be appointed.

Then they'll have a problem with his UFA Pro and will ask for a dispensation

And the PL who have had it up to there with them will, to our delight, tell them to fool off and so it will go on

Solent saying Grant ruled himself out - Mancini favorite!!!???

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})