Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

FFS nothing easy down at skateland

So, AG is not announced as manager yet as his work permit does not allow it !!!!

he he. assuming it is true of course

Damn I wish we were allowed to gamble down here.... ok so I said UEFA Pro licence but still a paperwork screw up that prevents him being manager straight away...

Originally Posted by dubai_phil viewpost.gif

Avram Grant will be appointed.

Then they'll have a problem with his UFA Pro and will ask for a dispensation

And the PL who have had it up to there with them will, to our delight, tell them to fool off and so it will go on

Now, is ANYONE surprised that the Skates are having problems with their paperwork and "Corporate Processes"

he he. assuming it is true of course

Damn I wish we were allowed to gamble down here.... ok so I said UEFA Pro licence but still a paperwork screw up that prevents him being manager straight away...

Now, is ANYONE surprised that the Skates are having problems with their paperwork and "Corporate Processes"

They may be having problems with their Corporate Processes but TSW seems to be having problems in locating their Corporate Ho!

Any ideas why?

I cant see pompey getting any points from the remaining 7 games against the top 4. Thats them on 21 games with only 7 points. Say they need 40pts to be safe, thats 33 points from 17 games. Thats 1.94 pts per game. To put that into perspective 1.94 pts/gm over a 38 game season would give you 73 pts. Thats good for the champions league places. So for the remainder of the season pompey have to play at top four form to just stay safe. Good luck to them I say :cool:.

We will be playing them in a league fixture very soon I think.

3 points adrift at the bottom...and 7 points adrift from safety.

they'll be going into december on single points -lol

Big game against burnley next week, fail to win that and it's all over imo. Although i fear they will, as burnley are an abysmal side

Big game against burnley next week, fail to win that and it's all over imo. Although i fear they will, as burnley are an abysmal side

Only when playing away. Otherwise thier home form is pretty good. Hopefully that will be fixed from next week.

I cant see pompey getting any points from the remaining 7 games against the top 4. Thats them on 21 games with only 7 points. Say they need 40pts to be safe, thats 33 points from 17 games. Thats 1.94 pts per game. To put that into perspective 1.94 pts/gm over a 38 game season would give you 73 pts. Thats good for the champions league places. So for the remainder of the season pompey have to play at top four form to just stay safe. Good luck to them I say :cool:.

We will be playing them in a league fixture very soon I think.

I don't think they'll need anything like 40 points to be safe. But they won't get 30 either, so no need to get the calculator out again.

If, like us, they'd been penalised minus ten for overspending (FA Cup cough) then they'd be on minus 3 after 4 months! Ha ha (in a simpsons like accent)

:grin:

What a wonderful beginning of the Avram regime, a 4-1 thumping. I thought a new manager was supposed to instill a bit of belief and hope in a side.

I honestly think Hart would have done better.

Oh well.

And as for an earlier post, there are so many abysmal sides in the prem at the moment i agree they probably won't need 40 points, but i just can't see them clawing out of it.

Will be interesting to see how the fall out from the whole Dubai default could impact on the financial prospects of this week's owners.

The Saudi banking system is a mess due to the $1bil ponzi scheme there, (Al Gosaibi & Saad) and "emerging markets" in general will suddenly find things more difficult as money gets pulled into safer havens. If nothing else, it will make future borrowing or guaranteeing loans more expensive.

I suspect the transfer ban will soon be lifted. Can't believe Grant would have been stupid enough to take the job if that wasn't the case.

I don't.

Getting (yet more) loans is going to be (even more) dificult now with worldwide economic confidence taking another hit.

If they had the money they would have made a song and dance about it by now.

On Radio Solent yesterday afternoon I am sure they said that all financial decisions at the club had been taken away from Storrieteller and were now being taken by the "owner's people".

What does he do for his £1.2M a year salary now ?

Somebody will no doubt suggest that this statement has only been released so that he can claim to not be at fault when everything finally goes tits in the next month or two.

No idea who it will be but I bet soembody does.

They'll get loans in.

No doubt a few players will be persuaded to join them on lucrative short term contracts to the end of the season by their agent who may also be connected to the club and stands to make a tidy sum on the deals. Or something like that.

Oh my God. Huntelaar has just scored a beauty for AC Milan.

Just seen this gem on SSN webpage:

"Grant has now confirmed he will be speaking to the club's hierarchy in the coming days to finalise how much he can spend in the New Year."

A short discussion, methinks. I would probably have had that discussion before I took the job, but what do I know?

I reckon Grant only got the job because his standard facial expression sums up the state of the club.

Seven people and a stray dog will turn out to watch their cup dream end tomorrow, then they have the mother of all six pointers against Burnley.

Burnley are definitely there for the taking, the only hope is that Coyle comes for just a point and shuts shop during the warm up.

If both teams push forward it will be about 12-9 as they don't have a defender between them.

I would be surprised if they don't beat Burnley, but that is their big three points in about six games so let's not get down when it happens!

The bus will be warming up, simple people will be making ticker tape, the mayor is ready on the guildhall steps - they could reach that magical ten points at the weekend, and most fans thought it was just a dream that wouldn't be possible this season.

Double figures? With that squad? Incredible.

"Grant has now confirmed he will be speaking to the club's hierarchy in the coming days to finalise how much he can spend in the New Year."

A short discussion, methinks. I would probably have had that discussion before I took the job, but what do I know?

Good luck in finding them, whoever they are this week...

:D

They may be having problems with their Corporate Processes but TSW seems to be having problems in locating their Corporate Ho!

Any ideas why?

Oh,

Corpy Corpy !!!!!!!!!

Used to make stuff up

But he don't post now !!!!!!!

another Lol. He's on gardening leave, must be Kew gardens he's singlhandedly tending

Oh come on (Avram Grant is just a smoke screen) we all Know Corpy is helping to tie up the loose ends on Maradona to take over as head Coach & Riquelme to come in as club Captain.

Either that or his servers crashed like his football club & cant get on line.

Blimey girls, even when I'm away you can't stop talking about me. Like I said when I posted before, I only posted on here to pass the time when I was in the office and as I'm now on garden leave for 6 months (aren't legal contracts wonderful) I don't spend any time reading the bumpkin barminess that you lot of tractor driving pony fiddlers come up with. Good to see the post about Pompey (the team you all tell me you couldn't care less about let's not forget) is now long enough to resemble a Thomas Pynchon novel.

As for Under Weststand's post, I hope the cretis isn't trying to say that I was trumpeting Maradona arriving as Pompey's manager and bringing in Eto'o and chums as I certainly didn't. Maybe he'd like to post a link to me quoting it.

Will be interesting to see how the fall out from the whole Dubai default could impact on the financial prospects of this week's owners.

The Saudi banking system is a mess due to the $1bil ponzi scheme there, (Al Gosaibi & Saad) and "emerging markets" in general will suddenly find things more difficult as money gets pulled into safer havens. If nothing else, it will make future borrowing or guaranteeing loans more expensive.

Oops. Changing you tune their Phil. When Al Faraj took over you were telling all and sundry that Saudi money couldn't possibly be behind it as he was employing Israelis. What's happened to that theory.

Enjoy it while it lasts though Scumlettes. We all know we're down this season so you'd better put a run together for a playoff place so you can play some more piped crowd noise at the derby game next year.

Blimey girls, even when I'm away you can't stop talking about me. Like I said when I posted before, I only posted on here to pass the time when I was in the office and as I'm now on garden leave for 6 months (aren't legal contracts wonderful) I don't spend any time reading the bumpkin barminess that you lot of tractor driving pony fiddlers come up with. Good to see the post about Pompey (the team you all tell me you couldn't care less about let's not forget) is now long enough to resemble a Thomas Pynchon novel.

As for Under Weststand's post, I hope the cretis isn't trying to say that I was trumpeting Maradona arriving as Pompey's manager and bringing in Eto'o and chums as I certainly didn't. Maybe he'd like to post a link to me quoting it.

Oops. Changing you tune their Phil. When Al Faraj took over you were telling all and sundry that Saudi money couldn't possibly be behind it as he was employing Israelis. What's happened to that theory.

Enjoy it while it lasts though Scumlettes. We all know we're down this season so you'd better put a run together for a playoff place so you can play some more piped crowd noise at the derby game next year.

You have lost all credibilty, no use trying all your excuses. Damaged goods and with all your bluster we all know you slinked off and you can reel out all your normal nonsense but it means nothing now.

You have lost all credibilty, no use trying all your excuses. Damaged goods and with all your bluster we all know you slinked off and you can reel out all your normal nonsense but it means nothing now.

"Lost all credibility" - ROTFPMSL.

Nick Nack, this is a football message board, not the House of Commons (mind you, talking about credibility . . . . ). This is almost as funny as when you once said my "position" on here was "untenable". Now, call me strange but it seems to me that you seem to place a lot more importance on what people post here than most. You pompous old duffer.

My position has never changed in what I said. I post on here to pass the time at work. I'm now not at work. Therefore, I don't post. In the words of the youth of today "simples". By all means post something where I've contradicted what I've just said Nick Nack but as it's what I've said since I started posting on this boards forerunner when we were in the Championship I have every confidence you'll ahev problems doing so. But knock yourself out having a go. I said at the start of this season that I thought we'd go down and my opinion hasn't changed so quite what I'm slinking away from God alone knows.

Big kisses

CH

Thy will most likely send Yoda a text ,,,,,,£0 with a couple of :):):) on the end:rolleyes:

Oh dear.

1) Saudi money cannot be behind it because he is employing Israeli's. End of discsussion

2) What are his other potential sources of money? He either has to find the money in the "Greater Middle East" or he has to find it in "Emerging Markets". At the end of the day his most likely source would have been "Bank Loans" from "Banks in the Middle East". That source of "High risk funding just went extremely publicly t1ts up.. Get past Atticus's finger and you can see why. Dubai World owes $80bn to ME banks. They just froze repayments - sure the banks won't LOSE that money, the announcement today from Abu Dhabi shows that. Just they ain't gonna get their cash back for about 10 years. Add to that the fact that what villas Nakheel DID sell, 60% of them went to - yup, Arabs. Guess who THEY borrowed from?

Yup, ME banks... The property collapse in Dubai means they are worth around 40% of what most of the loans are for.. Think that is called Sub Prime part 2.

So, where is a local branch bank manager going to get his cash from? Hell, I have more chance of getting Nakheel to pay ML $100mil cash up front for Saints right now than Al Faraj has of getting any more Loan money/Bank Debt.

His only other sources will be China or the left overs of old man Dawood's alleged money laundering empire (google him and Dubai and White House)

used to sound positive and with a sense of humour.

Sounds bitter and given up hope now.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})