England v Aussies 5th Test

bungle

Fantastic, the pitch was dodgy but it produced great cricket and tension, thank God the Aussies batted like puppets in the first innings.

That whole last hour was just wonderful to sit and watch...

And was I the only one to notice that Freddie wasn't seen on tv swigging champers or even holding one?

And Colly pretending to drop the Urn... Tear in the eye stuff, marvellous to watch, hoped for but so unexpected after Headingley

Fantastic and i can only think of one better sight of this ashes series than Strauss lifting that little urn........................

ponto2_280x694_54040a.jpg

Priceless - Ponting spitting blood at the state of the pitch & his decision to leave out Hauritz!

AV IT

as the sign kept saying

Fantastic, the pitch was dodgy but it produced great cricket and tension, thank God the Aussies batted like puppets in the first innings.

That whole last hour was just wonderful to sit and watch...

And was I the only one to notice that Freddie wasn't seen on tv swigging champers or even holding one?

And Colly pretending to drop the Urn... Tear in the eye stuff, marvellous to watch, hoped for but so unexpected after Headingley

Even an eternal optimist like me really did not think we would win before the match but in a strange way I was glad we were 8 down on the 1st day as the pitch was very dodgy indeed. That gave me hope we might just pull it off and after day 1 a result was almost inevitable.The decision not to play Hauritz was well and truly an error on the part of Australia. Anyway what is the point of playing at home if you don't take advantage of it !

Here's an interesting one

http://blogs.cricinfo.com/andyzaltzman/archives/2009/08/a_frisky_evening_with_statsgur.php

........England averaged 6.49 runs per wicket less than Australia in this series, but still won. This is the biggest runs-per-wicket deficit ever overcome to win a Test series. In the entire history of cricket, the human race and the universe put together. Here endeth the stat.

Here's an interesting one

http://blogs.cricinfo.com/andyzaltzman/archives/2009/08/a_frisky_evening_with_statsgur.php

........England averaged 6.49 runs per wicket less than Australia in this series, but still won. This is the biggest runs-per-wicket deficit ever overcome to win a Test series. In the entire history of cricket, the human race and the universe put together. Here endeth the stat.

Which just proves that there really are lies, damned lies and statistics ! Not sure when we played a Universe XI though to be honest !