Blackberry's

Genk

Blackberry's are brilliant. I've got the Bold 9000 and i really recommend it.

It does pretty much anything you need a phone to do..and then more - and has an v good quality HD screen (ok, it's not a big screen but the quality is still v impressive)

the built in GPS is a good bonus, and if you get it with vodafone you get a free 24 month subscription to their satnav application, works just like a tomtom.

i've fiddled around with alot of blackberries over the last year, as i support them in my job - best by a long mile is def. the bold IMO - go for it.

It's not acutally that simple it it though? Blackberries would have been more apt.

If we were talking about the blackberry fruit, then the plural would indeed be blackberries; but since Blackberry, here, is naming a brand of electronic device, then the plural would simple take an s.

IMHO

Here's another example: our local National Hockey League team is the Toronto Maple Leafs, not the Toronto Maple Leaves. Strange but true!

Having one for your personal use is great.

But if you work in a large corporation and you are given one then your life ends. They are a disaster. The term Crackberry is very real, you may not be addicted but if you have one and don't reply to your boss's email instantly your career is ruined.

People having to do emails for work at weekends in the theatre. Having dinner - sorry darling must do this.

you actually switch off from the outside world. Two guys stayed with me for the Rugby 7's actually missed an England game as they were doing emails, they totally take you away from REAL life with that little blinking light. You find yourself WAITING for it to BLINK FFS!

So yes useful for personal use but BOY would I like to meet the A**hole who decided Corporate Managers should be available 24/7.

Got rid of mine when I left and would NEVER have another, Horrific nightmare times

Here's mine. I can loads of things with it, like contacting people anytime I want. Amazing..! I've still kept my earlier Samsung flip-jobbie as an emergency sailing phone, but it does much the same. What will they think of next..?

Nokia-1600-Mobile-Phones-103007.jpg

Perhaps making the wires longer so you can walk around the house with it?

Here's mine. I can loads of things with it, like contacting people anytime I want. Amazing..! I've still kept my earlier Samsung flip-jobbie as an emergency sailing phone, but it does much the same. What will they think of next..?

Nokia-1600-Mobile-Phones-103007.jpg

But.....mbcn326l.jpg

Keep up nipper ffs....

the screen has just given up the ghost on mine. Vodafone say i have cracked the screen, but it not so. It is the membrane behind the screen that has gone.All I have now is a white screen with a big black splodge on the top corner.They cant replacer it for a few days, it is murder without it.

• 11 years later...