Hartlepool Build Up Thread

RedAndWhite91

The Radio Solent presenter then went on later to say that it may have sounded like Corteses had arranged a private flight but it was in fact just tickets on a scheduled one. No idea if this morning or yesterday, but dount we'd pay for hotel as well as flights. I presume it was more that Pardew meant Cortese agreed to the expense of a flying.

There are some clubs in this division who'd have to go by coach today, with just an hour or so warm up before the match after a cramped 6 hour journey, never mind private planes. This is the third division when all's said and done.

K.

All the more reason to field a strong side on Saturday and hope for a plum

draw in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup.We don't desperately need the money from it but it would certainly help to pay for "luxuries" like avoiding 7 hour bus trips to Hartlepool and Carlisle.

The Radio Solent presenter then went on later to say that it may have sounded like Corteses had arranged a private flight but it was in fact just tickets on a scheduled one. No idea if this morning or yesterday, but dount we'd pay for hotel as well as flights. I presume it was more that Pardew meant Cortese agreed to the expense of a flying.

There are some clubs in this division who'd have to go by coach today, with just an hour or so warm up before the match after a cramped 6 hour journey, never mind private planes. This is the third division when all's said and done.

K.

There are about 6 flights a day from Southampton Airport to Newcastle and the flight takes 1 hour 15 minutes. The booking in can be done about 40 minutes before the flight. Newcastle airport is 38 miles from Newcastle, so the journey should take about 45 minutes at a leisurely pace. So a couple of hours only of travel, plus perhaps another hour and a half waiting in transit. Not exactly a taxing day, especially if they did it yesterday. If they left on an mid-morning flight, they could have been there midday, had lunch and then a leisurely drive to Hartlepool for later in the afternoon with no bother.

Some people must be seriously ****ed up tonight I mean Paterson up front on his own. Bartosz replacing Kelvin FFS he makes a couple of mistakes still the best keeper in the league. And questioning Lambert with regards to that lazy bastard that is Saga the pole since he actually got his contract has scored approximately one goal. And as for bouncing back don't make me laugh, we played the 2nd best team in the league on Saturday. IMO they were better than us and we got a decent draw which could be crucial come May. Looking forward to 7 tomo morning and setting out and I reckon we will win 2-1 I think

kelvin is definately not the best keeper in the league, everyones jumping on his bandwagon, lets not forget he was our best player in probably the worst saints side over the last 20years, of course hes going to look good with the amount of shots coming at him every game, over his whole career hes never been a solid keeper, if he was he wouldnt be with us!

Same he just taken a shower then we got the long drive. Just done Lambert to score first with billy hills at 11/2 so hopefully pay for the diesel. COYR

Just got here and checked in the hotel (Premier Inn harltlepool).Boring drive up. Wether not to bad but abit cold. Three points tonight lads Thanks Toni

Just got here and checked in the hotel (Premier Inn harltlepool).Boring drive up. Wether not to bad but abit cold. Three points tonight lads Thanks Toni

I've just looked at the weather radar and it looks like the rain is all to the north-west of you. The Pennines are shielding the North-East from the worst of it. Have a great evening and don't come back without 3 points!

kelvin is definately not the best keeper in the league, everyones jumping on his bandwagon, lets not forget he was our best player in probably the worst saints side over the last 20years, of course hes going to look good with the amount of shots coming at him every game, over his whole career hes never been a solid keeper, if he was he wouldnt be with us!

I've challenged others on this and I challenge you too. Give me the names of all of the other keepers in this division who are better than Kelvin.

Mind you, I'm not going to take you seriously, even if you come up with some names, as the remark you made that Davis was only made to look good because he was playing in the worst Saints team and that of course he was going to look good because of the number of shots coming at him every game, was ridiculous. By your reasoning, presumably the better keepers you would nominate are not those who play behind better defences so they don't make as many saves, making it difficult to judge them. :rolleyes:

As for your dismissal of him on the grounds that if he was any good he wouldn't be playing for us, you obviously forget that he was offered a contract at West Ham as recently as the start of this season, so presumably they thought that he was capable of playing in the Premiership.

As for your dismissal of him on the grounds that if he was any good he wouldn't be playing for us, you obviously forget that he was offered a contract at West Ham as recently as the start of this season, so presumably they thought that he was capable of playing in the Premiership.

The reason he turned West Ham down was because he wanted to play and not be a bench warmer. KD is a great shot stopper. In many other respects his abilities are hugely overrated, such as coming for crosses, distribution and command of his area. Don't know if he is best in L1, though I would consider Kuypers (sp?) would give him a run for his money especially based on his performance last week for Brighton.

Evening All, does anybody know anyway, other than paying for saints player, that I can listen to the game in London? As far as I know you can't get the game on radio solent from here?

Pretty gutted I'm not there, just worked out that I did 30 consecutive league away games up until today :(

Try this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlive/bbc_radio_solent/

Some people must be seriously ****ed up tonight I mean Paterson up front on his own. Bartosz replacing Kelvin FFS he makes a couple of mistakes still the best keeper in the league. And questioning Lambert with regards to that lazy bastard that is Saga the pole since he actually got his contract has scored approximately one goal. And as for bouncing back don't make me laugh, we played the 2nd best team in the league on Saturday. IMO they were better than us and we got a decent draw which could be crucial come May. Looking forward to 7 tomo morning and setting out and I reckon we will win 2-1 I think

Crucial to what, survival or promotion...?

Thank you' date=' I'll give it a go![/quote']

I can't see live coverage scheduled on Solent:

So you might need the local station:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlive/bbc_tees/

18:00–22:00

Ali Brownlee

24/11/2009

Hartlepool United v Southampton (League One) and Darlington v Morecambe (League Two).

progress.gif

I can't see live coverage scheduled on Solent:

So you might need the local station:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/playlive/bbc_tees/

18:00–22:00

Ali Brownlee

24/11/2009

Hartlepool United v Southampton (League One) and Darlington v Morecambe (League Two).

progress.gif

Just found it too, thanks for looking! Let's hope it's a good game now.

Southampton: Davis, James, Trotman, Jaidi, Harding, Murty, Hammond, Schneiderlin, Lallana, Lambert, Connolly.

Subs: Bialkowski, N'Diaye, Mellis, Antonio, Wotton, Thomas, Perry.

Southampton boss Alan Pardew has restored Graeme Murty to his starting line-up after three months out; Lloyd James moves in to his more accustomed midfield role

Southampton: Davis, James, Trotman, Jaidi, Harding, Murty, Hammond, Schneiderlin, Lallana, Lambert, Connolly.

Subs: Bialkowski, N'Diaye, Mellis, Antonio, Wotton, Thomas, Perry.

Should make getting ugly when we're 1 up with 20 minutes to play a bit more likely.Unless James has already been sent off by then of course.

I've challenged others on this and I challenge you too. Give me the names of all of the other keepers in this division who are better than Kelvin.

Mind you, I'm not going to take you seriously, even if you come up with some names, as the remark you made that Davis was only made to look good because he was playing in the worst Saints team and that of course he was going to look good because of the number of shots coming at him every game, was ridiculous. By your reasoning, presumably the better keepers you would nominate are not those who play behind better defences so they don't make as many saves, making it difficult to judge them. :rolleyes:

The following is a list of goalkeeper who have made the Coca Cola Team of the week this season

Clayton Ince Walsall Twice

Shane Higgs Leeds

Fraser Foster Bristol Rovers/ Norwich Twice

Mikkel Andersen Bristol Rovers Twice

Willy Guruet MK Dons

Michael Kuipers Brighton

Ben Williams Colchester

Scott Flinders Hartlepool

Lewis Price Brentford

Andy Marriott Exeter

David Lucas Swindon

but not Davis

Apparently Murty is starting tonight and James is pushing up into RM otherwise same team as Norwich.Maybe AP trying to keep it abit tighter in midfield.

Doubt he will be right mid, the front six will probably line up in the same way we ended up against Norwich.

-------- James

Schneiderlin - Hammond

--------- Lallana

--- Lambert - Connolly