What's up with AP?

Made in Southampton

Nothing major at all. AP just wasn't in a talkative mood. He's clearly happy with the win, but probably a little annoyed at the criticism from certain morons - some of them on this board.

His reaction at full time showed that he was a happy bunny, walking towards the Northam to celebrate.

Mountain out of a mole hill.

Toothache?

Pressure at the back of the neck leading to head ache?

A nagging,itching burning sensation in his genitals?

Unfortunatly we will never know, we can only summise and without seeing him, I would find it hard to comment. The above are just as valid as works pressure or warning from NC.

So Offix, please don't worry. Rest your weary head and, as Malcolm Gladwell said, do not try and mind read.

Just heard the second play of the interview on Solent. I think that the key is where he says "... if people want to be negative .... " when the interviewer wasn't. He was being very positive. So someone else is being negative about that game...

I heard it live in the car. Seemed like he just got bored with the style of the questions . They did sound a bit like the sort questions a yts trainee would have asked on his first radio job .

Must admit, it didn't sound quite so bad, second time around. But then I was prepared that time. It still doesn't take away the shock that a manager ought to be estatic after a result like that. Maybe AP is keeping his powder dry until after Huddersfield Town on Tuesday. I certainly hope so.

I heard it live in the car. Seemed like he just got bored with the style of the questions . They did sound a bit like the sort questions a yts trainee would have asked on his first radio job .

Yup, and looking back at the interviews I have heard this season he has always seemed honest and positive.

The man sounded guarded to me. What would make him guarded? Possibly negative comments from people on here, in the press? Yes, he's always going to get it but what do people realistically expect from Saints this season? Bearing in mind that AP came to us late in the preparations for the season. Maybe some players he had his eye on had already moved on? We'll probably never know.

To me AP and the team have done well this season so far. From what I see, hear and read it all bodes well for a good season next time.

Let's judge him at the 18 month stage when we can really see what is happening.

Sounded like Solent were 'stirring' big time. Remarks such as, 'The crowd were even calling your name, Alan' are obviously designed to provoke a reaction and, when he didn't really 'bite' on any of the questions, they 'turn it round' and make out he's got the hump. Can't win can he. As for 'Good old Uncle Dave', he's a tricky as ever. Very magnanimous today wasn't he. What a surprise! Still thinks he could do a better job than any of them!

I heard it and before the interview ended I said to the Mrs that I thought the interviewer sounded very amatuerish and negative. I dare say AP was reacting to what was a totally banal set of questions that it seemed nobody had given any proper thought to. Here is a manager who has just gained 7 from 9 possible points and two away games, has masterminded a 5-1 thrashing of a team with play-off place hopes and he gets a complete no-mark asking him stupid questions. Would try the patience of ...err... well, a Saint.

Loads of theories, he could have been taped up by a CCC club and NC but the brakes on ?? He definately has history for this.

He could have had a spat with NC, AP is certainly very very very egotistical and so after this impressive win NC could have made a snide remark about tuesday ??

Also i have it on good authority that he reads the fans forums, he used to read them at his time at reading, he apparantly found out the name of a poster that kept posting his tactics and likely line ups that he saw at the training ground and got that poster banned.

Or he could have this flu thats going around ?? We will probably never know, and tbh i can't see him leaving.

I heard it and before the interview ended I said to the Mrs that I thought the interviewer sounded very amatuerish and negative. I dare say AP was reacting to what was a totally banal set of questions that it seemed nobody had given any proper thought to. Here is a manager who has just gained 7 from 9 possible points and two away games, has masterminded a 5-1 thrashing of a team with play-off place hopes and he gets a complete no-mark asking him stupid questions. Would try the patience of ...err... well, a Saint.

LOL.

The interviewer has done his job on many occasions, and conducted plenty of fine post match interviews with AP. What he couldn't do was hide his reaction to a very downbeat manager whose team had just won 5-1, that's all. In the end, he was struggling to get any response out of AP.

I was a bit worried. The questions didn't seem to bad. He did sound like he was trying to prove a point to someone, he reeled off some recent stats, talking about it's results that count...

He normally comes across very well in interview, IMO.

I feel 2+2 does equal 4.

I just hope it isn't NC being too harsh. For all the cynics on here i think AP is doing a pretty good job and i really don;t want us turning into a soap opera. Again. Surely we've learnt something from the last 10 years.

Let's just hope it was AP keeping a lid on things until after Tuesday.

Great win and performance today, well done the boys!

The interviewer 'kept' asking leading questions and trying to see if AP had an under current of misgivings about Tuesdays difficult draw ona shoddy pitch. Ap rose above it again and again and then ran out of patience with the bell-end and just gave yes no answers out of disrespect for the plumb asking them. If you ask me, if he did leave with his 'face of thunder', was probably being wound up by a d*ck of an interviewer, WGS would have chewed him up and spit him out, he was a noob!

Would suspect that Cortese's been leaning on him after that performance at Wycombe. Today's performance was AP's response. I heard the interview too and didn't think there was anything particularly unusual about the questions Adam Blackmore raised. AP sounded pretty angry but made it clear it wasn't with the fans who he praised more than once.

I heard the interview twice. I think blackmore was very amateurish with his line of questions. AP did sound a little downbeat but was saying the right things even stated how good the fans were today.

When Blackmore asked lee barnard questions he again was probing what the dressing room was like. Stupid sort of question when the team had just won and barnard had scored twice. I suspect solent are trying to conjur up a non story re AP and NC maybe to find a distraction from the real crap down the road.

I was more annoyed that Blackmore was talking up the skates after their win.

tosser

Video of the Radio Solent interview is now on Saints Player.

A lot more telling seeing it rather than just hearing it on radio.

I think he was just annoyed with the usual pointless questions. They only have obvious answers and must bore Pardew each week talking to Radio Solent.

Edited by Matthew Le God