Flags

spyinthesky

Walking up to the game on Tuesday I saw at least one Asian entrepreneur (hopefully not down from that London for the day!!) selling flags for a fiver.

Decent mark up but that's not really the point.

Set me thinking how good it would be to have a sea of Saints flags at Wembley

If the club could buy in at a cost of £0.50 - £1.00 per flag and sell for £3-£4 a pop (to undercut the street traders) there could be a potential profit of 10,000 x £2.00/£3.00, enough to buy a little club down the road perhaps or 10% downpayment on another Jason Puncheon!!

After all there will be 5,000 going up by club coaches for starters

Walking up to the game on Tuesday I saw at least one Asian entrepreneur (hopefully not down from that London for the day!!) selling flags for a fiver.

Ha ha, you sound like my Mum.

"Asians" do live outside of the big smoke you know...

I thought the Megastore was already selling flags. I was going to pop in there before the Hartlepool game.

Megastore is indeed selling a variety of flags starting price £5 , I bought a large JPT Final flag for my son, for £7 in shop which I thought was good value

Megastore is indeed selling a variety of flags starting price £5 , I bought a large JPT Final flag for my son, for £7 in shop which I thought was good value

I was surprised at how large the large ones were. Also £7 for official merchandise is good, I was expecting to pay at the very least £10.

sod the match, I want to see pretty flags :-)

I see that the Portsmouth News have paid for a large flag for Pompey fans to sign, maybe the Echo could do the same, but larger, and with Saints on it rather than skates. :-)

I might pop down and add some text to it myself. :cool:

I've seen a few supporters wearing some nice red and white scarfs, looked in the megastore but only found one with two ugly stitched Saints badge on it - It looked terrible.

Anyone know where I could buy one of these?

I too would like a cup final scarf. I bought one in the club shop and I agree the massive logo on each end is nasty. I saw a few fans with different scarves at the Huddersfield game but not sure if they're cup final ones or not. i even was sad enough to have a look on Bitterne market and there's a Saints fan on one of the football stalls that said he will hopefully get some of the "half and half" style scarves. I don't really wear colours to games but I'd like to have a decent scarf. No doubt there will be loads of stalls outside Wembley selling all that kinda stuff.

Its great that people intend to show their colours and certainly if the guy outside the Alfred is a local (just like Pirate Paul years ago) then fine but what irritates me a bit is the possibility of money going to some chancer from London/Liverpool etc who gives nothing back to the club

If a sold at a reasonable price it makes sense to buy Official saints merchandise

I bought a nice one in the mgstore on Sat a mixture of Blk ,wht & red with the crest at each end,we went on to win on Sat and Tues so a good omen ...

I've seen a few supporters wearing some nice red and white scarfs, looked in the megastore but only found one with two ugly stitched Saints badge on it - It looked terrible.

Anyone know where I could buy one of these?

The scarves have changed in the store. They used to do ones which were just red & white. Traditional and best in my opinion.

Also how come we sell such JPT tat in the store. Phish poor T shirts of the thinest cotton designed by a class of five year olds.

When we rush out a T shirt etc you know it will be ****e./

Surely we could get some decent designs done locally

Rant over the Follower of Fashion

The scarves have changed in the store. They used to do ones which were just red & white. Traditional and best in my opinion.

Also how come we sell such JPT tat in the store. Phish poor T shirts of the thinest cotton designed by a class of five year olds.

When we rush out a T shirt etc you know it will be ****e./

Surely we could get some decent designs done locally

Rant over the Follower of Fashion

I'm going naked. This way, I'll save money on the tat.

I will be taking a flag I took to Fratton in 1984, red with a white stripe down the middle, unbeleivable my mum still had it tucked away in my old room, bless her. If you watch the highlights of the game you can clearly see it in the saints end - happy days !!!!

I just want to draw everyone's attention to the Wembley ground regulations and the list of prohibited items.

http://www.wembleystadium.com/events/ProhibitedItems/

PROHIBITED ITEMS

The following articles must not be brought within the Ground: knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items,laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety.

Any person in possession of such items will be refused entry to the Ground.

• Any article that might be used as a weapon be deemed to be offensive or abusive, or compromise public safety, will be confiscated and or reported to the police

• Unlicensed musical instruments:

- trumpets, drums and other devices capable of causing a disturbance or nuisance

• Flag poles greater than 1m in length

• Flares

• Bottles, glass vessels, cans, flasks

• Frisbees and similar items

• Dangerous or hazardous items

• Illegal substances

• Explosives or ammunition; fireworks

• Knives, blades or other weapons

• Firearms

• Scooters, skateboards or other skates

• Laser devices

• Smoke canisters

• Signs or items with corporate or inappropriate branding

• Unauthorised fliers

• Spray paint, large industrial style “permanent“ marker pens

• Prams / push chairs

• Transmitting devices

• Professional cameras & recording devices (This applies to cameras that have interchangeable lenses)

• Large suitcases, lap tops, and back packs

(trip hazards)

• Illegal merchandise items

• Water bottles (need to have the ability to decant)

• Illegal charity collection utensils

• Motor bike helmets

• Umbrellas

• Darts

• Hampers and Cold Boxes

• Air horns

• Alcohol

• Animals (except service dogs & guide dogs)

I just want to draw everyone's attention to the Wembley ground regulations and the list of prohibited items.

http://www.wembleystadium.com/events/ProhibitedItems/

PROHIBITED ITEMS

The following articles must not be brought within the Ground: knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air-horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items,laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles and any article that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety.

Any person in possession of such items will be refused entry to the Ground.

• Any article that might be used as a weapon be deemed to be offensive or abusive, or compromise public safety, will be confiscated and or reported to the police

• Unlicensed musical instruments:

- trumpets, drums and other devices capable of causing a disturbance or nuisance

• Flag poles greater than 1m in length

• Flares

• Bottles, glass vessels, cans, flasks

• Frisbees and similar items

• Dangerous or hazardous items

• Illegal substances

• Explosives or ammunition; fireworks

• Knives, blades or other weapons

• Firearms

• Scooters, skateboards or other skates

• Laser devices

• Smoke canisters

• Signs or items with corporate or inappropriate branding

• Unauthorised fliers

• Spray paint, large industrial style “permanent“ marker pens

• Prams / push chairs

• Transmitting devices

• Professional cameras & recording devices (This applies to cameras that have interchangeable lenses)

• Large suitcases, lap tops, and back packs

(trip hazards)

• Illegal merchandise items

• Water bottles (need to have the ability to decant)

• Illegal charity collection utensils

• Motor bike helmets

• Umbrellas

• Darts

• Hampers and Cold Boxes

• Air horns

• Alcohol

• Animals (except service dogs & guide dogs)

no skates? they let them dirty fookers in whe theywon the cup

FFS, have to use up my last post to comment on my **** laptop and ****y keyboard.

above should read "no skates? they let them dirty fookers in when they won the cup"

see you all in 24 hours

FFS, have to use up my last post to comment on my **** laptop and ****y keyboard.

above should read "no skates? they let them dirty fookers in when they won the cup"

see you all in 24 hours

Pay the fiver you tight git!

:D