Today was the first time...

Arizona

Complete the above sentence.

... I've been to a cup final involving Saints

... I've been to Wembley

... I've seen us score 4 away from home

... I've seen Saints win a trophy

... I've been in a Mexican wave

... I've seen anything close to 44,000 Saints fans in one building.

I think from a previous thread I read that today was the first time Wiltshire Saint left the county of his birth.

Well played that man - it must have been a fairly daunting experience, but I hope you enjoyed your day out!

... I've been to Wembley

All these. It was also the first time I haven't bought a Saints programme. (I plain forgot).

I have seen 20k seats empty because of segregation issues that didn't seem to matter on the way there, outside the ground or after the match.

Ooh, that reminded me to have a whinge. Segregation my arse. I was in 524, and all that space up top that was empty could easily have been segregated. I don't know about the concourses, but there was easily room for more Saints fans if you ask me.

I had great respect for Ted Bates and Big Laurie, but today was the first time this century that I felt a sense of pride in our club's manager when his image was on the big screen at Wembley with his winner's medal round his kneck. A fantastic job, Alan.

... I've been to Wembley

All of the above. And.....

Seen saints win somewhere other than at home. Got bored in a game we were winning with half hour to go.....seen a manager with a tracksuit top under a suit

... I've been to Wembley

All of the above. And.....

Seen saints win somewhere other than at home. Got bored in a game we were winning with half hour to go.....seen a manager with a tracksuit top under a suit

I have paid £6.50 for a pint and a coke and queued to use the most innappropriately small gents in the entire world.

+1

Were you in Club Wembley?

Enjoyed the game and had a great day and took MLTs Photo, he was directly behind me the whole game when not doing his Sky duties :smt038

I ended up in Carlisle end with my son - we were directly above a section full of Saints fans (it has previously been quoted that for safety reasons they don't put opposing fans above each other). Waaa...?

Funny that at the end that I wasn't alone with the Cumbrians tho' - we just had to be careful with our celebrations

... I've been to Wembley

All of these except I've been to Wembley and I've been in a mexican wave before now.

... I've been to Wembley

Hmm, none of those apply to us old codgers on here ;)

... I've been to Wembley

All these too apart from seeing AC/DC there last year (awesome btw)

How cool was that? AP wearing his Saints shirt under his suit. From a population of 200,000 - there were nearly a quarter of them at Wembley. Why was that block empty on the halfway line? Rubbish - probably the best seats in the ground (from my heady heights anyway)

The population to fans is a great quote, but doesn't most of Hampshire follow the Saints, except for that little island down near Gosport and a few people on the far side of the New Forest, who follow Boscombe? I've supported Saints for over 50 years but have never lived closer than 15 miles to the City.

... I've been to Wembley

Only the last one -done all the rest!

Yes, I know I'm old....:(

... I've been to Wembley

Today was the first time at a competitive game this season I saw a somewhat sour looking Leon Crouch outside the stadium followed by a strangley apologetic looking and smirking Lawrie McMenemy. They were about 10metres apart one following the other and looked curiously odd and out of sorts with their surroundings. No one acknowledged their presence and if they did the muted boos for Cortese were louder.

Perhaps it was a culture shock from Stoneham Lane or concern of being identified as our biggest plastic fans only there for the day out and preventing more regular match day fans from attending. Still that's the joy of Corporate football I suppose and means Lawrie can still enjoy the big occasion presumably hanging on to the last vestiges of his celebrity status or the coat tails of his wealthy and embarrassed looking friend. You may have missed them as there was nothing to suggest they were red and white not even a scarf or badge.

It was also the first time I heard MLT make comments on the radio after the game that were clearly out of step with the majority of the fanbase. MLT thinks there maybe a risk Cortese will replace his manager and whilst I didn't see the Sky coverage judging by the comments of those who did he allegedly weighed in to the Cortese/Pardew rift debate and judging by his comments I head on the radio he is clearly on the side of the latter and has concerns over the CEO's expectations.

It's the first time then that the evidence of the winds of change have finally blown through this club for good and past 'legends' and 'benefactors' left to dine on dust and sour grapes.

First time have seen

....I've been to a cup final involving Saints Done ZDS 92

... I've been to Wembley Done ZDS 92-Oasis 09- U2 09

... I've seen us score 4 live away from home Done Alan Knights game 94

... I've seen Saints win a trophy Done Ted Bates memorial

... I've been in a Mexican waveDone loads over the years

... I've seen anything close to 44,000 Saints fans in one building.1st time seen 50+k saints fans in a ground

....I've been to a game with Dad, both Uncles & Kid Brother 1st time

I saw someone fall asleep at a football match...

Poor old bloke. He must have been on the sauce since breakfast and barely stayed awake for kick-off.

There was a guy who sat in the lower west at the Dell who'd fall asleep every single game. True story.

Block 524, so i had nobody on my right hand side and was practically right at the back.

Such a stitch up when we got our tickets on the first day.

I was near the front of 524. I was singing, a guy behind me was singing, and a few lads at the front were singing, but it was tough going. It wasn't so bad once the singing had started, it was just getting it going. (No Northam like there is at SMS.)

I didn't check the Wembley lay-out when I booked my ticket, I was told I was right on the halfway line, which I wasn't, but I didn't mind too much because I was, in relation to the pitch, exactly where I usually sit in the Kingsland.