Saints v Carlisle build up thread

supersonic

Just score goals just in case the ones above drop points

Unlikely but we have to play as if it might happen

I didn't think Huddersfield would pick up 6 points out of the last 6, but I was wrong.

I don't think they'll only pick up 2 (or less) from the next 9, but ....

Huddersfield have sold their full 3,400 allocation at Stockport, who have barely got a team, let alone any subs!!

But miracles can happen, and imagine the buzz around the crowd if we hear Stockport are winning!!

COYRS!!

I wonder what would be their reaction when they hear that Huddersfield are

2 -0 up after half an hour.

I think the club are making themselves look like prize idiots with all this "we can still do it tub thumping".Believing we can do it is one thing, keeping on and on and on about what is a minimal chance isn't very smart, they're taking the average fan for an idiot.As usual this is just my opinion which will differ from that of the majority, then again I'm not an all believing sheep.

reckon narrow Carlisle win...Saints not really playing for much and Carlisle looking for JPT revenge.

Don't think we'll lose TBH,depends on the energy levels of the players

that looked a bit flat on Tuesday because in some departments we just don't to seem to have much depth despite our relatively large squad.

Plus I think AP said in his interview (near the start) that some players had been ticked off by the coaches for something or other, didn't catch what it was.

I think the club are making themselves look like prize idiots with all this "we can still do it tub thumping".Believing we can do it is one thing, keeping on and on and on about what is a minimal chance isn't very smart, they're taking the average fan for an idiot.As usual this is just my opinion which will differ from that of the majority, then again I'm not an all believing sheep.

Prize idiots? You would prefer them to say hell its over we might aswell not bother. It is HIGHLY unlikely but it is not OVER until its OVER. Being saints fan and watching us stay up season after season in the premier league when many thought it was OVER should have taught you that.

Does anyone else not want Huddersfield to lose? How depressing would it be knowing we actually we'd be 2 points off if we'd just beaten ****ing Oldham.

We all want them to lose obviously but fate arranges it that they are playing

Stockport who are absolutely woeful and who probably have no chance whatsoever of winning against Huddersfield.

Prize idiots? You would prefer them to say hell its over we might aswell not bother. It is HIGHLY unlikely but it is not OVER until its OVER. Being saints fan and watching us stay up season after season in the premier league when many thought it was OVER should have taught you that.

But AP addresses the situation in the correct manner in his interview pre Carlisle, that we just need to win our matches and see what happens because we have a mathematical chance.We need the fans to turn up in number and get behind the team. It doesn't need three or four other OS articles to tub thump on the issue, Sibley,Kelvin,Lallana don't need to be seen to be all going on about the same point in the space of a couple of days.

As always i am looking forward to the whole day match experience.If we win it will drift into an enjoyable evening, if we lose, i will fall asleep in front of the box, during casualty.

For what it's worth i think we will sneak a narrow victory, and i hope a certain midfield player's arse is kept firmly in place on the bench.:smt026

Does anyone else not want Huddersfield to lose? How depressing would it be knowing we actually we'd be 2 points off if we'd just beaten ****ing Oldham.

Or Brighton, Wycombe, Tranmere, Brentford, Exeter, Millwall.....

If only?

Can't Just narrow it down to one game.

Or Brighton, Wycombe, Tranmere, Brentford, Exeter, Millwall.....

If only?

Can't Just narrow it down to one game.

Exactly it can't be put down to what ifs. We won at Norwich so that cancels one of those out you could even say.

Millwall especially ****ing hurt though.

Exactly it can't be put down to what ifs. We won at Norwich so that cancels one of those out you could even say.

As did Swindon at home, very few imagined us losing that one.

In fact the two results that really damaged our campaign were the losses at home to Swindon and away to Tranmere. All the rest were manageable but not those 2.

Does anyone know why tickets for the carlisle game tomorrow are not available online? It can't have sold out surely?

who knows, perhaps everybody is taking a free under 8 (under 12 in the family section) and there are no more tickets available. Wouldn't think so though

as AP spoke of needing a big crowd to boost the lads,if we already had but few places left he probably wouldn't say anything about it.

Can't see a sell out. Anyone have any idea of ticket sales? (Proper ideas please)

There's a new piece on the OS urging fans to turn up and be the 12th man because we can "still make the play-offs". Also included in this is some sort of suggestion that if you do you'll be a priority case for future plum games (like the play-offs).

In my opinion (once again) it just smacks of desperation and OTTness.

Edited by Window Cleaner

If Huddersfield did lose we'd be a point closer than I think we all expected us to be.

As I think we all expected us to beat Oldham and them to beat Stockport.

It'd be nice to go to Gillingham with a bit of hope at least

Very true and if they were to lose to Colchester a draw against Southend could see us make the playoffs.

:weedman::drinkers::smt030:smt033

There's a new piece on the OS urging fans to turn up and be the 12th man because we can "still make the play-offs". Also included in this is some sort of suggestion that if you do you'll be a priority case for future plum games (like the play-offs).

In my opinion (once again) it just smacks of desperation and OTTness.

It does yes. But i still would rather see positive stuff on there. It would be great to see 2 25k + gates for the last 2 home matches. Despite the increasingly remote (i think no chance) idea of the playoffs, we have still had a great season. Excluding the first 5 or 6 games.

It does yes. But i still would rather see positive stuff on there. It would be great to see 2 25k + gates for the last 2 home matches. Despite the increasingly remote (i think no chance) idea of the playoffs, we have still had a great season. Excluding the first 5 or 6 games.

It's not about positive or negative it just looks like something that we would have wheeled out under the Lowe regime. The more that they keep harping on about this is just going to increase the frustration felt when Huddersfield crush Stockport tomorrow afty.So I think they really need to tone this down a bit because this is the 4th or 5th don't give up because the players haven't article since Tuesday, they'll have Peter Gabriel and Kate Bush belting it out in the background before long.

I don't think anyone should even entertain the though of Stockport beating Huddersfield as it just isn't going to happen and you'll only end up feeling disappointed tomorrow. This season is over- come along and watch us play some good football and look forward to hopefully what will be a title winning season next year.

I don't think anyone should even entertain the though of Stockport beating Huddersfield as it just isn't going to happen and you'll only end up feeling disappointed tomorrow. This season is over- come along and watch us play some good football and look forward to hopefully what will be a title winning season next year.

This.

Stockport are gash.

This.

Stockport are gash.

What do you expect,they're still in administration and yet another "local businessmen's" rescue package has just gone down the crapper.Aren't they

on a restricted number of full time players or something like that because they're in admin?

Being inAdmin at the start of the season should bring about an automatic 1 league drop,regardless of points on the board.

I think the "we can still do it" rallying call has come too soon and does look a bit OTT.

IF Huddersfield lose tomorrow and we win then by all means start screaming it from the rooftops cos its game on again and as has already been noted we would actually be 1 point closer to them than could have been expected.

But poor old Stockport can barely raise a team, Huddersfield know if they win and hold off Colchester next week they are in the top six. The chances of anything but an away win at Stockport tomorrow are very very slim.

NO what they are doing is inserting pressure on charlton & huddersfield

The pressure WILL be on them, and Charlton Not really so ,uch because of what we might or might not do but because Colchester, because nerves etc ...

OK so it's bl***dy unlikely they will lose but what harm is it?

WHY on earth do you think it means saints fans are stupid? we all know what the score is.

NO what they are doing is inserting pressure on charlton & huddersfield

The pressure WILL be on them, and Charlton Not really so ,uch because of what we might or might not do but because Colchester, because nerves etc ...

OK so it's bl***dy unlikely they will lose but what harm is it?

WHY on earth do you think it means saints fans are stupid? we all know what the score is.

There isn't much pressure on Charlton.

Only Colchester can catch them(not Saints anymore).

It would also require Charlton losing all their games and Colchester winning all of theirs, along with an 8 goal swing in goal difference.

The incentive for the team now should be to finish within 10 points of 2nd place. With our superior goal difference we only have to make up 3 points within our remaining games.

Knowing we'd have been promoted automatically without the 10 point deduction would vindicate what a great performance it has been from the whole squad and AP's performance, setting us up nicely for the big promotion push next season.

The incentive for the team now should be to finish within 10 points of 2nd place. With our superior goal difference we only have to make up 3 points within our remaining games.

Knowing we'd have been promoted automatically without the 10 point deduction would vindicate what a great performance it has been from the whole squad and AP's performance, setting us up nicely for the big promotion push next season.

Yep agreed. It would be a hell of a result given where we started.

There isn't much pressure on Charlton.

Only Colchester can catch them(not Saints anymore).

It would also require Charlton losing all their games and Colchester winning all of theirs, along with an 8 goal swing in goal difference.

I understand that BUT I think they still harbour dreams about automatic promotion, & an 8 goal swing if one teams wins every game & the other lose's every game is tiny. I cant help thinking he would love it as we are unlikely to be going up if colchester overtook charlton lol

The pressure is all on Huddlesfield and maybe Stockport players will be playing for their futures/contracts next season etc and raise their game. They certainly didn't lie down when they came to St Marys this season.

The pressure is all on Huddlesfield and maybe Stockport players will be playing for their futures/contracts next season etc and raise their game. They certainly didn't lie down when they came to St Marys this season.

I expect a Huddersfield win but then I expected that we would beat Oldham and that Rochdale would beat Darlington. A turn up is not impossible, even if it's improbable.

baaa!

Hopefully Stockport can do us a big favour tomorrow but i very much doubt it. Think we may see us back to winning 3-1 tomorrow with Lambert, Lallana and Puncheon scoring.

Pardew will probably start the same XI that it was against Oldham but would prefer Wotton dropped altogether with Lallana playing in the middle, Papa on the right with Puncheon switching to the left.

Up until the Oldham game I had a glimmer of hope that we may scrape the Play offs. But after Tuesday I have, feeling gutted, resigned myself that we will more than likley still be in League 1 again next season.

However I am still going to enjoy and be fully behind the team for the remaining 2 home games we have left, and also listen to the Gills game away and if by some miracle we do still finish in the Play offs then I will of course be extremely happy.

Arrgghh... there's that bloody glimmer again. As much as I've enjoyed this season I can't wait for it to end, it's getting bloody painful! It's like the nail biting agony in the last few minutes of playing Wimbledon at home on the last day of the season with Liverpool away at Man City in 1996 stretched out over several weeks!!!!

Yeh Millwall did ****ing hurt as I was at that one with my brother but that's football and especially Saints for you as you never know what's going to happen :)!

COYR!!

Yeh Millwall did ****ing hurt as I was at that one with my brother but that's football and especially Saints for you as you never know what's going to happen :)!

COYR!!

I can imagine how gutting it was to have been there believing we had just won in the 90th minute to take all three points only to see them grab that f**king equaliser straight again after.:mad:

To see and hear that so late after a moments jubilation it felt more like we had lost the game... and it p**sed me off enough at home let alone the thoughts I had for you all travelling back from the game too.:(

I trust the team will be as fired up for this as any other game. It would be pretty incredible to have beaten the same team so many times in one season. I think they'll try to go for it rather than sit 11 men behind the ball - they might even score first within 15mins - but we will win. 3-1 Saints.

I trust the team will be as fired up for this as any other game. It would be pretty incredible to have beaten the same team so many times in one season. I think they'll try to go for it rather than sit 11 men behind the ball - they might even score first within 15mins - but we will win. 3-1 Saints.

TBF we did beat Mk Dons 4 times ...