Odds for League One 2010/11 out already!

Matthew Le God

Interesting that Sky are doing this so early - 3 games to go in previous season. They have no idea of every team that will be in the League (one from Sheff Weds/Watford/Palace to come down and two from Leeds/Millwall/Huddersfield/Charlton/Swindon to go up and a host of League Two teams still possibly could go up).

Nor have they considered the squads for 2010/11 which will all change massively between now and the start of the season, even between now and the end of June when contracts end. They have also included Bournemouth who are still to confirm promotion (although it does look extremely likely).

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-one/coca-cola-league-1/next-season

Nice to see Saints as favourites though :cool: :D

Looks like my promotion bet all but gone. Hope Lambert doesn't get pipped at the post either. Another hatrick would seal it! Hope he can get 30 straight goals in the league.

Very odd they're giving odds already although I was chuffed to discover my £10 of small bets on Oldham refunded cos of a bore draw offer from the website I use. That's a great deal!! Could have won up to £125, but returned money if no goals. Nice! Would have preferred to have lost my money & beat Oldham mind!

http://www.skybet.com/skybet?action=GoEvEv&id=12228256

They've only priced up 6 teams so far. Us being 4/1 favs:

Southampton 4/1

Notts Co 12/1

Peterborough 12/1

Plymouth 12/1

Rochdale 25/1

Bournemouth 25/1

Assuming we keep the same great set up during the close season I can see 4/1 being hard to get come the start of next season.

That said - would having Leeds & Sheff Weds in the same league make our odds larger than 4/1? Dunno - it's a hard one to call.

Please nobody say that the 4/1 is just between those 6 teams. If it was then they are the best prices ever in the history of betting!! We'd all be rich.

http://www.skybet.com/skybet?action=GoEvEv&id=12228256

They've only priced up 6 teams so far. Us being 4/1 favs:

Southampton 4/1

Notts Co 12/1

Peterborough 12/1

Plymouth 12/1

Rochdale 25/1

Bournemouth 25/1

Assuming we keep the same great set up during the close season I can see 4/1 being hard to get come the start of next season.

That said - would having Leeds & Sheff Weds in the same league make our odds larger than 4/1? Dunno - it's a hard one to call.

Please nobody say that the 4/1 is just between those 6 teams. If it was then they are the best prices ever in the history of betting!! We'd all be rich.

I'd very much hope Leeds and Sheff Wed are in the league above us next season to be honest. Would much rather Watford came down.

Pompey 13/2 to get relegated next year from the Championship after having a look at next years odds. Got to worth a few bob as i cant see this getting any better before the season starts and they could face extra points deduction possibly?

My bet would be Pompey to go down doubled with Saints to go up.. at around 28/1 that's a hell of a bet!

Tut, tut...and you couldn't afford a measly tenner for the St John's appeal down your neck of the woods...priorities ;)

Are you moving out of a 'PO' area btw?

lol - priorities :) And, sadly, no - staying in a PO postcode to keep .comsaint company (actually moving closer to him!!)

The more you look at those bets, the more they look worth a punt at this stage.

No-one coming up or down into L1 should bother Saints too much, and 13/2 Skates relegation is very tempting, who knows what mess they could be in next season. Take a punt at 13/2 before points deductions etc...

does anyone know the t's&c's that go along with sky's free £5 bet?

Here :

New Customer TV advert: £5 free bet

Register at Sky Bet today and you'll get a completely free £5 bet. To claim this fantastic bonus, click on the Register button at the top of the page to open an account. When prompted, enter the promo code FIVE and your free bet will be credited straight away.

T&C's

1. To qualify for this offer, you must register as a new customer online and deposit £5.

2. To be eligible for this promotion, you must also enter the promotional code FIVE on step 2 of the registration process.

3. Your deposit does NOT need to be bet with in order to qualify for the £5 free bet.

4. For the purpose of this promotion, customers who already hold Sky Bet, Sky Bingo, Sky Vegas or Sky Poker accounts are considered to be existing customers.

5. The £5 free bet is non-withdrawable.

6. The stake from your £5 free bet is not included in any returns.

7. The £5 free bet can be redeemed against any single or each-way market and cannot be used in conjunction with any other registration offer.

8. The £5 free bet is valid for 7 days after being awarded.

9. If the £5 free bet is unused after this time, it will be removed from your account.

10. Over 18's only.

11. Offer only available online.

12. One offer per customer.

13. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other new customer offer

Playoffs at best. You heard it here first.

Inclined to agree. You just can't predict with certainty that we'll be in the top 2, as we need to develop a ruthless streak which will see us win a lot more away games on crummy pitches. Southampton FC have not had this for almost 30 years. We also don't know what players we will lose and who our manager will be.

It's over 4 months until the end of the August transfer window; that's the sensible time to bet.

Inclined to agree. You just can't predict with certainty that we'll be in the top 2, as we need to develop a ruthless streak which will see us win a lot more away games on crummy pitches. Southampton FC have not had this for almost 30 years. We also don't know what players we will lose and who our manager will be.

It's over 4 months until the end of the August transfer window; that's the sensible time to bet.

Whens the ast time SFC had a goal difference as good as this season??? We are ready to win the league, if we lose players we will buy better.

No, I think you'll find once we have signed Messi, Rooney, Ronaldo and Torres we'll be 1/100 ;)

Whens the ast time SFC had a goal difference as good as this season??? We are ready to win the league, if we lose players we will buy better.

The goal difference is because when we're good, we're very good. The standard of performances against Huddersfield at home and Bristol Rovers away is unlikely to have been matched by any other team in the division. The problem is, you don't need to be "very good" to get in the top 2, you just need to be consistently good, and able to scrape spawny 1-0's and 2-1's in tight games.

Yeovil away was one of the few times we've done that this season. Teams who get promoted do it regularly.

The goal difference is because when we're good, we're very good. The standard of performances against Huddersfield at home and Bristol Rovers away is unlikely to have been matched by any other team in the division. The problem is, you don't need to be "very good" to get in the top 2, you just need to be consistently good, and able to scrape spawny 1-0's and 2-1's in tight games.

Yeovil away was one of the few times we've done that this season. Teams who get promoted do it regularly.

take away the first 10 games when we were gelling as a new team and we would be top 2, so we are cosistant enough, case closed.

You'll be lucky to get even money, stick the grand on us to win the league.

you're probably right - will see who comes down and doesnt go up and might stick £400 on us winning the league and £600 on us getting promoted. given our form -once the team stabilised and took shape in October- hard to see us not challenging in some way.

Theres no certainties in life, except death and taxes, so the questions to ask are (and not necessarily you personally, Pat, its a general question) : do you think the net transfer activity will be good or bad for the team, do you think we will have a better or worse manager next season?

Given the intent of the CEO, I think we'll have a stronger side at the start of next season than at the end of this one regardless of who goes, and the manager will either be Pardew, who I believe can do the job next season, or someone better, certainly not someone out of leftfield like the Sturrock appointment.

And the final important question based on this thread - do you think 4/1 is good value? Right now, I think it is. I think we'll be shorter odds come end of August.

Since the beginning of October 2009 and the last 33 League Games, Saints have had top 2 form.

No, I think you'll find once we have signed Messi, Rooney, Ronaldo and Torres we'll be 1/100 ;)

Not sure about Rooney and Torres, too injury prone in my opinion. Rickie is better than Messi. Ronaldo would be a good squad player perhaps, though he would probably be behind Pulis in the pecking order :)

Come on, someone must know how I can do Saints up/saktes down double online?

Well Skybet do go 13/2 on Pompey getting relegated as I think has been mentioned. However, I'm pretty sure they have not priced up League 1 for next season so if I was looking to place a bet I'd phone them and try to get a price.