Has everyone forgotten last summer......

MarkSFC

Cast your mind back to how you felt this time last summer just for a moment....

It was a dark time, administration, relegation and quite literally panic from the masses!!!

For weeks every concievable outcome was discussed on here, in the papers, around tables in pubs, at home, at work, in the street, on tv....it was a depressing and scary time. Liquidation, a fans takeover, the city buy SMS, fake sheiks (well, fake bidders!), a new club if needed, these things all reared their ugly heads. Then, on one sunny incredible day in early July...salvation, our messiah arrived and the light at the end of what had seemed like an extremely long tunnel suddenly shone in our eyes...it "nearly" blinded me!!

Relief crushed despair, hope trampled on fear, excitement blew away the depression and in walked Markus Leibherr and Nicola Cortese.

Remember how that felt.

Nearly one year on and the turn around is amazing. For one we have our club, alive and kicking (bl**dy hard too). More than that we have an owner who despite his public silence (which I actually like fwiw) seems to love this club. We have a CEO who is clearly a visionary, highly driven, and utterly ruthless. We have a Manager who in a very short time has changed the mindset of the team, through excellent man management and shrewd acquisitions. We have plans in place for a "best-in-class" training ground and academy. We also have ambitions to provide "best-in-class" hospitality and catering through the new Halo company. We hear that there are plans to improve the facilities within the stadium. We also anticipate for (probably) the first summer ever not losing any of our best players and instead adding more quality to the team.

How does all that feel?

All of this hugely positive and progressive change in little under 12 months is more than anyone would probably have wished for this time last year. Unfortunately though expectation is a fluid concept and one that will change from day to day, from person to person. In May last year I "expected" us to be saved but did not expect a billionaire. After the takeover and the appointment of Pardew I expected comfortable safety. After the signing of Lambert and listening to Pardew at the Solent forum I expected top half at least. When we signed Fonte and Puncheon I expected a play-off spot. I now expect us to win League One next season.

Although we didnt make the play-offs I think the achievment of the football team is excellent, it just happened to be one of the most competitve League Ones in history...but for those ten points!!!

When I look at how my expectations change it does not surprise me that other people set theirs according to the situation we are in now. It is how ever good to have a point of reference in order to rationalise your expectation. On that note it amazes me how critical some people are that season tickets are not on sale yet. Im sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for this, which Im sure will be revealed, but the debate over this is incredible!! Take yourself back to this time last year....did you miss out on you season ticket for 2009/10??

Last year when we needed the money, the administrators couldnt sell them (which is why it puzzles me that PFC can sell thiers, but thats a totally different subject!!), and people moaned. This year we dont need the income (how great is that?!!) and people moan because all they see is their world!

Chill....Remember the big picture....its getting better and better week by week, month by month, and definitely year on year!!

:smt038

So, MOG, SS and Alps, basically we prefer being in utter despair, so we can moan about it..? Is that it..?

I say it's nice to remember how far we've come, and here's to the next 12 months.

I think really only those people who actually go to the games, see how we were at that period will feel a connection to it. Reading about it and seeing it are two very different things. I remember the faces of the fans after that last game where it looked like we were not only relegated but could be finished altogether. I remember the people trying to help out by raising money somehow to help.

This club should never be put in a position like that ever again. Anyone who truely cares about this club will agree. So while the past 12 months have been great, we should never forget where we were and how we got there.

The future is bright, the future is red and white

Yeah, this post kind of looses its world-changing impact after the 5000th repetition / interpretation.

Bit like "stairway to heaven" being played in a guitar shop.

:smt015:

God forbid a Saints fan should put the time and effort to write passionately about the saving of our club nearly a year ago. I'd much rather see posts like these, then this kind of post from people like you, putting down a fellow Saints fan who is expressing their happiness at our bright present and future. You can moan, moan and moan again and then have the nerve to just call yourself ambitious but deep down even you know you're just miserable.

So, MOG, SS and Alps, basically we prefer being in utter despair, so we can moan about it..? Is that it..?

I say it's nice to remember how far we've come, and here's to the next 12 months.

Sorry. The ironic "rolly eye" thingy didn`t have the desired effect. I agree with the OP.

Why look back to last summer when we have this one to look forward to?

These are the people who remember thee bad times before the good.

Move on FFS

You cannot forget what happened last year. We very nearly lost our club! You can`t just forget it. I suppose that the people commemorating Dunkirk should just forget it and stop "looking back"?

Sorry. The ironic "rolly eye" thingy didn`t have the desired effect. I agree with the OP.

Ah, OK. We don't have the proper eye-rolly-emoticon anymore. I think I've not seen one on a Saints Forum since Saints Forever. You know the one I mean. A bit like this :smt120 and this :roll:, but with better eye movement, and much more of this =; this :smt015 and this :cool: attitude. And it was yellow too.

Perhaps it would be a better use of our bored brain power to reverse the OP.

Look forwards and discuss how far we had gone during season 2010/11.

Remember all that kerfuffle about the ST prices? ha that showed everyone when they really were 125 quid.

How we loved the new shirt, how we worried about Morgan possibly leaving only for him to be replaced by one of the new stars from the World Cup (insert name as appropriate)

How bored we were with football having wrapped up the title by Easter and again the rows with Wembley for only giving us 55,000 seats at the JPT

Relieved that AP turned down the Liverpool & Inter jobs and how finally Rickie got his chance to play for England and showed how we would have beaten North Korea in the final if only Capello had taken him instead of muppet Heskey.

How we laughed at the skates getting minus 27 points and how much we took the p!ss out of nickh for not believing, and of course the complete shock that Alps SS & MOG had their own epiphany moments when we were 6-0 up at half time away to Swindon.

How we'll look back at summer 2010 and think how ridiculous it was to have been a happy clapper in those far flung days

Perhaps it would be a better use of our bored brain power to reverse the OP.

Look forwards and discuss how far we had gone during season 2010/11.

Remember all that kerfuffle about the ST prices? ha that showed everyone when they really were 125 quid.

How we loved the new shirt, how we worried about Morgan possibly leaving only for him to be replaced by one of the new stars from the World Cup (insert name as appropriate)

How bored we were with football having wrapped up the title by Easter and again the rows with Wembley for only giving us 55,000 seats at the JPT

Relieved that AP turned down the Liverpool & Inter jobs and how finally Rickie got his chance to play for England and showed how we would have beaten North Korea in the final if only Capello had taken him instead of muppet Heskey.

How we laughed at the skates getting minus 27 points and how much we took the p!ss out of nickh for not believing, and of course the complete shock that Alps SS & MOG had their own epiphany moments when we were 6-0 up at half time away to Swindon.

How we'll look back at summer 2010 and think how ridiculous it was to have been a happy clapper in those far flung days

Nice... if only. ;)

Cobblers.

Its been said a million times on here, and I think its time to draw a line under it and look forward.

And I resent St Marco's latest tedious "you had to be there missive. You want to try being a 1000 miles away, stuck in a hospital whilst your son has surgery and your wife is at home with a risk pregnancy, totally cut off from news about the takeover when the last thing you heard before you went in was the Pinnacle bid going tits-up...

Cobblers.

Its been said a million times on here, and I think its time to draw a line under it and look forward.

And I resent St Marco's latest tedious "you had to be there missive. You want to try being a 1000 miles away, stuck in a hospital whilst your son has surgery and your wife is at home with a risk pregnancy, totally cut off from news about the takeover when the last thing you heard before you went in was the Pinnacle bid going tits-up...

Well sorry to read about that.

But are you saying it's NOT nice to remember how far we've come, and here's to the next 12 months..?

Ah, OK. We don't have the proper eye-rolly-emoticon anymore. I think I've not seen one on a Saints Forum since Saints Forever. You know the one I mean. A bit like this :smt120 and this :roll:, but with better eye movement, and much more of this =; this :smt015 and this :cool: attitude. And it was yellow too.

That`s the one!!:)

Cobblers.

Alps you really are a w@nker sometimes. Should we just draw a line under Nov 11th afterall whats the point, whats done is done right? I'd love to meet you, I imagine you to be really short, with freckles and national health spectacles. A worthless weasel in real life, but an over zealous hysterical tart behind the keyboard.

Alps you really are a w@nker sometimes. Should we just draw a line under Nov 11th afterall whats the point, whats done is done right? I'd love to meet you, I imagine you to be really short, with freckles and national health spectacles. A worthless weasel in real life, but an over zealous hysterical tart behind the keyboard.

Come on, there's no need to get personal.

I would just draw a comparison between certain supporters who will argue down the the tiniest point, the minutest weaknesses in strategy, or team selection, or performance, etc... and carry the argument on for day after day, until perhaps the next match, and perhaps even harken back to a previous match or month or season and yet will not readily acknowledge, maybe for the umpteenth time that progress has been made.

In a sense, if a supporter is bored by the sentiment expressed by the OP, then I would suggest they needn't bother to post.

Seeing as I have been infracted for comparing someone to Alistar Campbell (a henious crime I know...), I certainly hope you have done your duty on that post and infracted the bugger.

Miss Miss tell him, he called me names...............hysterical tart, grow some balls weasel!

I swear there cannot be anywhere else in the entire universe where such a positive post would meet with such negativity. Really and truly some people need to get a grip, get a life, get something but relax, maybe even try a smile, it need only be this :) but it would be better to be this :D and definitely not :(

Desperate ;)

A glass-half-full person writes a happy post about the glass being half full.

A glass-half-empty person immediatley writes a post to complain about the glass-half-full person not realising that the glass is actually half-empty. Other glass-half-empty people write posts complaining about the glass-half-full people. They feel a need to show solidarity with other glass-half-empty posters.

The glass-half-full people write to remind the glass-half-empty people that when the glass is half-empty, it is also half-full.

The glass-half-empty people respond with scorn that a glass-half-full person just cannot see that it's really half-empty.

From where I sit, when you're really thirsty, you celebrate when your glass is half-full. If you're really, really thirsty, does it make sense to dwell on the fact that your glass is half-empty, instead of recognising that it's actually half-full?